29 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2010 5:38 AM by _St1tchZ_ RSS

will cod 5 kill cod4 ???

ank69
just looking at what people have to say on this topic ... as many off my freinds have cod4 and are getting cod5 im guessing alot of people will move on to world at war ... and the guys that have played over 60 days on cod 4 must be pretty angry ... i reckon you should be able to cary on your score, kills and so on to the new cod games. i know i will still be playing cod4 as im not to sure bout getting cod5 as it didnt come out in collectors edition for ps3.
( love that smiley)
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    daftdave1978

    ank69 wrote:

     

    just looking at what people have to say on this topic ... as many off my freinds have cod4 and are getting cod5 im guessing alot of people will move on to world at war ... and the guys that have played over 60 days on cod 4 must be pretty angry ... i reckon you should be able to cary on your score, kills and so on to the new cod games. i know i will still be playing cod4 as im not to sure bout getting cod5 as it didnt come out in collectors edition for ps3.
    ( love that smiley)



    Hmm, couple of things i'd like to ask here -

    1)Why would your rank and stats move over onto a completely different game with different scenarios / settings etc?

    2)Why base your decision to buy a game on the fact that it isn't coming out as a collectors edition?

    Personally i'll keep hold of COD 4 purely because i know (as with all new ps3 games) the online for the new game will be laggy as hell for the first month or so, then a patch will come out and hey presto it'll work!!
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    QueenCityKing
    You have to hold onto COD4.  There will be plenty of people that will still be playing it so it'll be nice to change the pace a litte bit every now and then.  One of my buddies put COD3 in a few months back and he said that there were suprisingly a lot of people playing
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    TheDasMan
    Well I parted with 4 ready for 5.
    Hope it`s as good online play,as I only played cod 4 game itself a week before I sold it after a few months of online play.

    TheDasMan
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    Farcry 2 will kill cod4, cod5 will just take it out to the feild and shoot it
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    yellowman7884
    lets just see what the reviews say first.
    I'd imagine it will sell bucketloads, but if it's not as good as COD4, many will return after the initial blowout of online play for a month or two.

    Having said that, it looks really impressive.

    7884
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    The reviews are not great so far. They say COD5 is good but does not have the same quality graphics as COD4 and the guns aren’t as nice. I don't see anything killing COD4 for some time to come, it was a very well made game.
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???

    mrbigmac wrote:

     

    The reviews are not great so far. They say COD5 is good but does not have the same quality graphics as COD4 and the guns aren’t as nice. I don't see anything killing COD4 for some time to come, it was a very well made game.


    not on the ps3, its the worse made game
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    I-JuST_kill3d-I
    Will cod5 kill cod4?
    ___________________________

    There is that possibly, or on the other hand it really depends what people like, a war in the present time, or in the past.

    I think both games will be equally played, because ones set in the past and the other in the present.
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    Mrgimpy
    No, Look at Everquest and WoW. WoW is an amazing game and came years after EQ was started and EQ is still around. There will always be those individuals who prefer such and such from certain games, So it will never "die". I would assume you wont even notice a difference in the amount of ppl playing COD4 after COD5 is released due to the hate about WW2.
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    ank69
    Hmm, couple of things i'd like to ask here -

    1)Why would your rank and stats move over onto a completely different game with different scenarios / settings etc?

    2)Why base your decision to buy a game on the fact that it isn't coming out as a collectors edition?

    Personally i'll keep hold of COD 4 purely because i know (as with all new ps3 games) the online for the new game will be laggy as hell for the first month or so, then a patch will come out and hey presto it'll work!![/quote]


    even thought it is completly different, i was just thinking for them to get ever one to play cod 5 ... you should be able to be rewared for your cod 4 stats ... or something along the lines ... and for your second question, since its cummin out on 360 and comp in collectors edition and not ps3 thats like saying f__k the ps3 owners and plus i like collectors edition ... ever one will be running around with that lvl 65 gun and double experience and by the time Australia gets the game there will be some hard core gamers who proably already finished the online levels ...
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    kaptain117
    carry on your score? are u retarded? its like saying since they made a new BF i should still keep my rank from  the old game. wow....ur so retarded
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    Jemhadar

    mrbigmac wrote:

     

    The reviews are not great so far. They say COD5 is good but does not have the same quality graphics as COD4 and the guns aren’t as nice. I don't see anything killing COD4 for some time to come, it was a very well made game.



    As a dual console owner playing the 360 Beta:

    Graphics are actually better than 4...or at least as good. By no measure "worse."

    If, "not as nice" guns = older, I'll point out that it's a WWII game. The guns fit the time. The Thompson simply will never be as pretty as the MP5.

    Despite some issues like hit detection and currently unbalanced weapons it's a solid game. Will it replace 4??? No. And why has nothing to do with it's current quality or its potential. CoD 4 will be around simply because many people are WWII'd out. Besides, they are used to the maps, weapons, etc and have no interest in anything new.
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    woodywoodster
    i havent played the game only seen screens and videos but i agree with you. you dont need any skill now to get kills and rank up in these games because the general rule now given to gamers is to just spray bullets everywhere and hope you hit someone with them. i think to be honesy sniping is the only thing in cod 4 that was good. because a sniper would penetrrate through surfaces but a colt?!?! c'mon that just isnt happening, i was greatly awaiting this game since i hear it be announced a month or two after the relaese of cod 4 but now im just not sure whether it'l be any good. also i was wondering where you think the cod series will go after this cod 5 game?, i feel you cannot really beat the whole ww2 genre but it will get to the point where you run out of subjects and points in the war to play through, maybe there just then stick to fiction based games on ideas they create themselves. but me personally think a call of duty vietnam would be pretty good, just get the realism back and that would be a good game.
    woody
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    daftdave1978

    thebigb59 wrote:

     

    mrbigmac wrote:

     

    The reviews are not great so far. They say COD5 is good but does not have the same quality graphics as COD4 and the guns aren’t as nice. I don't see anything killing COD4 for some time to come, it was a very well made game.


    not on the ps3, its the worse made game



    That is possibly the strangest comment i have read on these forums! You say COD 4 was the worst made game on the ps3, yet here you are posting on a forum as a former charlieoscardelta.com VIP which surely means you were a player and fan of the game?
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    ghfromthefuture
    i dont like ww2 but ill get it see if its good
    but i heard a rumor
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    (XRAY)Dawnrunner

    Jemhadar wrote:

     

    mrbigmac wrote:

     

    The reviews are not great so far. They say COD5 is good but does not have the same quality graphics as COD4 and the guns aren’t as nice. I don't see anything killing COD4 for some time to come, it was a very well made game.



    As a dual console owner playing the 360 Beta:

    Graphics are actually better than 4...or at least as good. By no measure "worse."

    If, "not as nice" guns = older, I'll point out that it's a WWII game. The guns fit the time. The Thompson simply will never be as pretty as the MP5.

    Despite some issues like hit detection and currently unbalanced weapons it's a solid game. Will it replace 4??? No. And why has nothing to do with it's current quality or its potential. CoD 4 will be around simply because many people are WWII'd out. Besides, they are used to the maps, weapons, etc and have no interest in anything new.




    Its sucks they don't have a PS3 BETA, but COD4 and WAW are gonna be different games..  4 is always gonna rule and people will always play it....  WAW will just be another fun game set in a different time with different guns, but that's part of the fun of it.... The change.....
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    Reno3000
    well what happens to all games? they die at some point , i was talkin to someone today on cod4 about it and they said "Good games never die" and i said "i got an example,Everyone loved GTA SA (Grand Theft Auto San Andreas) when it first came out and now hardly anyone talks about it or plays it (appart from the MP people maybe)" But do u understand what i mean a game wont be the same once a new game similar / better than the last one.

    like Call of Duty 2 when it first came out and i played like EVERYONE played it , now that cod4 came out hardly anyone plays it.

    so ye in a way it will die but not in a bad way
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    t003

    ank69 wrote:

     

    just looking at what people have to say on this topic ... as many off my freinds have cod4 and are getting cod5 im guessing alot of people will move on to world at war ... and the guys that have played over 60 days on cod 4 must be pretty angry ... i reckon you should be able to cary on your score, kills and so on to the new cod games. i know i will still be playing cod4 as im not to sure bout getting cod5 as it didnt come out in collectors edition for ps3.
    ( love that smiley)



    it will own it like a stupid n00b. like a n00bs mom tried to play a game
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    ShinnAsuka

    t003 wrote:

     

    ank69 wrote:

     

    just looking at what people have to say on this topic ... as many off my freinds have cod4 and are getting cod5 im guessing alot of people will move on to world at war ... and the guys that have played over 60 days on cod 4 must be pretty angry ... i reckon you should be able to cary on your score, kills and so on to the new cod games. i know i will still be playing cod4 as im not to sure bout getting cod5 as it didnt come out in collectors edition for ps3.
    ( love that smiley)



    it will own it like a stupid n00b. like a n00bs mom tried to play a game





    LOL
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    no way in hell
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    daftdave1978

    t003 wrote:

     

    ank69 wrote:

     

    just looking at what people have to say on this topic ... as many off my freinds have cod4 and are getting cod5 im guessing alot of people will move on to world at war ... and the guys that have played over 60 days on cod 4 must be pretty angry ... i reckon you should be able to cary on your score, kills and so on to the new cod games. i know i will still be playing cod4 as im not to sure bout getting cod5 as it didnt come out in collectors edition for ps3.
    ( love that smiley)



    it will own it like a stupid n00b. like a n00bs mom tried to play a game




    Ahhh you can always rely on an American to come up with a constructive comment!
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    jdot07
    what do people think now that they have played the game??
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    SoylentBob
    Have you noticed the number of threads looking forward to MW2, especially those threatening to leave when it launches?
    Have you seen the plethora of "going back to CoD4" threads?

  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    oXGostaXo
    lol
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    DanielWW2

    oXGostaXo wrote:

     

    lol



    NECRO BUMP.  :shock:
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    SoylentBob
    but it's a one-word post FAIL.
    There's only one word for that: FAIL
    http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm212/SoylentBob/BoosterFAIL.jpg

  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    Weird-Guy
    It turns out it didn't.
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    ScrotoBaggins

    Weird-Guy wrote:

     

    It turns out it didn't.


    thats a matter of opinion.... I got rid of cod4, and mw2, but held onto W@W, so yes, for me cod5 killed cod4 (and others on my friends list too) so please don't confuse fact for opinion.....
  • Re: will cod 5 kill cod4 ???
    _St1tchZ_

    ScrotoBaggins wrote:

     

    Weird-Guy wrote:

     

    It turns out it didn't.


    thats a matter of opinion.... I got rid of cod4, and mw2, but held onto W@W, so yes, for me cod5 killed cod4 (and others on my friends list too) so please don't confuse fact for opinion.....



    I think I'm gonna hold on to MW2... but I traded in CoD4 to get W@W... then my ex sold W@W and I went and bought it again cuz it's fvcking awesome... MW2 is mediocre