1 2 3 Previous Next 348 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2009 4:21 PM by deathbatSOLDIER RSS

Dear Wii Community...

JD_2020
Hello!

I'm glad to hear so much positive feedback come out of the Wii community. I hope you're all enjoying CoD:WW.

What I'd like to learn are some things you liked / disliked about the game, more specifically with how it controls. Any and all feedback is welcomed. Making really solid FPS controls for the Wii can be challenging, so we're trying to perfect that over time.

I have read these boards and am aware many of you wanted split screen, online co-op, drivable vehicles, Zombies, etc. So outside of those things, what else would you tweak / improve about the game, the game mechanics, and gameplay in-general? I'm not looking for a list of bugs - I got that already from reading the forums =).

Thanks!
-JD
  • 1. Re: Dear Wii Community...
    thizz pills
    since you said you read the forums , i am sure you are aware of the spawning. it is horrendous .

nothing makes me put the controller down faster than being spawned in front of the same foe several times in a row.

also am curious about:
    use of wii speak
    changing atleast a couple of the tdms into a different type of match. no need for 4 tdm's
  • 2. Re: Dear Wii Community...
    Levell303
    Regarding the controls I think you've got it spot on (well for me anyway).

I think things that could be improved or tweaked are things like more challenges not just class challenges, Larger maps and higher online numbers (if possible).
    It would also be great to be able to choose what server you play in and have a server list.
    Some of the campaign missions are just grenade fest's and it can be very difficult to get past these. (maybe I'm not too good)
    Friend codes could also do with some attention. It would be so much easier if only 1 person had to type a code in and the other person could just accept or reject without have to type in the other persons code
    aswell, and maybe be able to do this ingame without having to trade codes on here. So if you play with someone at some point, you could just click on his name in the game intermission and click add as friend or something similar.
    Many of the main issues with the game have already been stated on this forum so you're aware of many things that people would like to see.

(Edited)
  • 3. Re: Dear Wii Community...
    siggyman
    I am interested about wii speak being possibly integrated into the game?...Probably not but i thought i'd ask. I think you've done a great job on the game. People tend to forget that even though there are somethings that need fixing, this is the best FPS out there for the wii. As for problems I think spawning is an issue that needs to be adressed. I would also like to eventually see new maps.

Thanks,
    Siggyman
  • 4. Re: Dear Wii Community...
    TheGame613

JD_2020 wrote:

Hello!

I'm glad to hear so much positive feedback come out of the Wii community. I hope you're all enjoying CoD:WW.

What I'd like to learn are some things you liked / disliked about the game, more specifically with how it controls. Any and all feedback is welcomed. Making really solid FPS controls for the Wii can be challenging, so we're trying to perfect that over time.

I have read these boards and am aware many of you wanted split screen, online co-op, drivable vehicles, Zombies, etc. So outside of those things, what else would you tweak / improve about the game, the game mechanics, and gameplay in-general? I'm not looking for a list of bugs - I got that already from reading the forums =).

Thanks!
    -JD

I would add some new multiplayer modes like the one's the 360 have. They don't have to have large amount of players. Also, maybe you could increase the number of players you could play with online, from 8 to like 12 or 10. Also, a lobby would be nice to see different server's, and pick the map you want to play in. Also, some new maps, if possible. Not to mention wii speak, which would be cool.

-Thanks.
  • 5. Re: Dear Wii Community...
    khcatch22
    How bout making the controls COMPLETELY customizable. A great example of that is Time Splitters 2. I know thats random, but they nailed it.
  • 6. Re: Dear Wii Community...
    smartboy137
    i know people really want to know about dlc can you please adress that
    p.s. o and zombies can you tell us if there is or is not because some guy started a thread saying it was

-thanks
  • 7. Re: Dear Wii Community...
    mackemgreg
    Why wasn't Capture The Flag added? We have 4 Deathmatch modes and one of those (Veteran TDM) is just normal TDM for level 29 and above players. Can't you change Veteran TDM to CTF via your servers? ;oD

So all we've got is deathmatches which have no penalty for dying. Free For All is the first to score 150 points (30 kills). You can die as much as you like, there is no punishment. Instant respawn and a fully reloaded gun. It seems you're actually rewarded for dying.

A person with a 27-28 kill/death ratio who just ran about spraying bullets with no fear of dying shouldn't beat a person who got 26-4 who used skill in order to stay alive, had to pick up other weapons when his ammo ran out, hid and didn't die as often.

It just counts your kills, deaths don't matter. You should lose 2 or 3 points if you die. Maybe get an extra 2 points for headshots. There's no rewards for playing good. Just run out and shoot someone and not care if you die seems to be the only way to win.

ps: What happened to Killcam? And would it be possible to change the respawn via your servers to 7 seconds or something. At least something to punish you for dying. I can't see the point in trying to hide, there is no penalty at all for death online.
  • 8. Re: Dear Wii Community...
    Vayne144
    I like the controls for the most part. I enjoy using the zapper but the tilt clockwise/counterclockwise to reload and cycle is a little frustrating at times. Otherwise I love the feel the games has for the Wii, it really is an ideal FPS platform!
  • 9. Re: Dear Wii Community...
    Mannjaeger
    I hope this is an indicator that we will see more COD games on Wii...World at War is fantastic!!!

Anyhow, the first thing that comes to mind for me is a lean function and a quick turn around function (both of which could be implemented similar to MOH Heroes 2).  It's frustrating to have to reveal yourself when trying to peek around cover and it's difficult to watch your own back without a quick turn.
1 2 3 Previous Next