14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2011 11:06 AM by MDK187 RSS

"Newb" trying not to be a N00b

Wayno
Hello everyone.  I just started playing online, and I was reading some of the Forum posts.  I just want to know what makes a player a N00b.  I obviously want to avoid this but need to know what exactly I should be avoiding.  I would appreciate any help on better ways to play.  I have been playing Mercaenary Team Death Match. I don't use grenade equipped guns.  Just looking for some friendly advice to make myself a better player.  Thanks in advance for your help!!
  • Re: "Newb" trying not to be a N00b
    you will get many many annswers but this is mine

dont worry about peoples opinuion about noobs. play your hardest and best and you will never be a noob. people here complain way to much about everything on this game and everybody has completely lost the sense of what a real noob is. but you will never be a noob if your play your best try your hardest and have fun when you play
    kweagle
    Like ISO says, just play the way you like to play.  No matter how good you are or what you use, someone is going to complain about it.  Take a look at the thread i just created and you will see what i mean.
    roninsedge
    Hello Wayno.  Pretty much don't listen to what is said on these forums, we take ourselves way too seriously.  Try not to be a c0ckbite and enjoy yourself without killing people in ways that irk you and you will be alright.  Also, realize that not everyone looks at the world in the same way as you.  If they torque you off, just kill them more or walk away.
    asystole

Wayno wrote:

Hello everyone.  I just started playing online, and I was reading some of the Forum posts.  I just want to know what makes a player a N00b.  I obviously want to avoid this but need to know what exactly I should be avoiding.  I would appreciate any help on better ways to play.  I have been playing Mercaenary Team Death Match. I don't use grenade equipped guns.  Just looking for some friendly advice to make myself a better player.  Thanks in advance for your help!!

Agreed with the others.... feel free to use your grenades (the noob)... The best advice I can give you is play as much as you can. The more you play, the more you will know the maps. Knowing were you are, and where to go is half the battle. Search the forums for weapons help, because I think every gun has been talked about. And look at the posts about favorate perks. You will find somthing that you like and fits your style. Ther is no one way to make you a better player, it's a combination of all of the hints and tricks that you will read in these posts.
    PUBMASTER
    Toke Jopic
    DerekFlint
    Hey just play your game and have fun. Dont let anyone on forum get into you head there's alot of trash talking on here. Just because they can pi$$ farther than you right now dont mean a thing. You'll catch up one day and have your day of glory. By the way dont stand in door way when others are trying to get in or out.DEREK FLINT OUT
    Lay-Z
    the only n00bs, in my opinion are the guys who block doorways, (like D. Flint said) and the people who will spawn and just stand there or spin in circles, other than that your good... welcome to reflex
    powderslinger
    @Lay-Z   you need to add me.
    Use RGs if you like, there is nothing wrong with them. Play your game and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.
    TheJinx

Lay-Z wrote:

the only n00bs, in my opinion are the guys who block doorways, (like D. Flint said) and the people who will spawn and just stand there or spin in circles, other than that your good... welcome to reflex

Thats called needing a pee, watching your dog, getting food, pooping....
    asystole

Lay-Z wrote:

should this be added to the noob list post? LOL!
    TheJinx
    lol, anyway anything you use will be deemed noob...
    jamie

Lay-Z wrote:

taking cover in door ways is ok but if a teammate knifes you (wiimote will vibrate but no damage unless in hardcore) then kindly move to the side and cover his *ss while he goes to fulfill his dreams of glory...and then dies =P

Hey. I'm gonna join ya on this.

I am most certainly a N00B!!! I just enjoy the gaming. Why can't those players that are soooo much better,  (that's quite a lot compared to me. lol), just lay off and stop being self praising opinionated ********? I do realise that not all are the same. Some of the better guys & gals are quite friendly.

So what if I'm not as good as you. Just makes your job a lot easier killing me. Lay of and enjoy. IT'S A GAME. NOT REAL LIFE!!!!!