11 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2012 10:27 PM by emdm00011000 RSS

Revised new game mode--CTL

Adrenaline
   Ok I asked and have received some new ideas for a new game mode. the game mode is call Capture the Leader.
   It all starts with a vote from the team who they want as Leader. Majority wins.
Once chosen the match starts as a capture the opposing Leader game mode that once you capture and jail the opposing Leader you must hold him captive for a full 2 minutes. To capture the Leader you need to shoot him into last stand and then capture just like a revive would happen. This is not a perk but could be.
   Players not appointed Leader respawn like deathmatch and is scored like deathmatch. The whole team receives extra winning points for the capture, maybe 100 bonus or something like that.
   Leader can only attack when not in captivity(jail). When captured a Leader looses his guns and full funtion of movement untill rescued. Also the Leaders chat goes to the capturing team so they can taunt the Leader when in captivity(jail). When rescued the Leader will receive a hand gun and must return to base to regain all weapons 1st chosen. Also chat returns to his teams chat. 

Now it needs a little more or do you think this mode could be nothing but a waste of space. Adding game modes will add to the fun online and if we could come up with something really good maybe it could be added to WaW or to the MW2 title. Let me know what your thinking, Ive been taking notes and saving alot of everyones ideas. I will keep trying to bring this mode to life. Also where is the info on Map Pack 2 or 3. I love the new maps and would be very willing to buy a new Map Pack every month.

• Re: Revised new game mode--CTL
    Adrenaline
    Wow no comments on this? I guess everyone would rather complain then think up new ideas.
    GZU$ juice
    cool idea. that might make a fun game type.
    brte88
    i think that is a very good idea. but give the leader a chance to escape rather than having to be rescued. also the teams should have to vote 1 or 2 people guards to guard the leader. and have atleast 1 transporter to take the prisoner to the cell where he will be help. maybe this is too much but vote a spy that could infiltrate the other team, and help to rescue the leader.

i like your idea alot, it would be an interesting game.

good job
    jewellsz

Adrenaline wrote:

Wow no comments on this? I guess everyone would rather complain then think up new ideas.

Not trying to piss you off, but this game idea was on here a few days ago.  They put one that was alot more detailed.  I couldn't quite understand the way you had it listed.  The main part was trying to capture a guy in last stand like you were reviving him.  Do you think you could actually sit next to someone with a pistol while you wait for the bar to move up.  I am sure you meant it for him not to have a pistol, but this is just an example of things you should make a little more clear.  It is a good idea, just needs a little more thought before you should expect multiple responses.
    Adrenaline

brte88 wrote:

i think that is a very good idea. but give the leader a chance to escape rather than having to be rescued. also the teams should have to vote 1 or 2 people guards to guard the leader. and have atleast 1 transporter to take the prisoner to the cell where he will be help. maybe this is too much but vote a spy that could infiltrate the other team, and help to rescue the leader.

i like your idea alot, it would be an interesting game.

good job

Thanks for the reply. I like the idea of a excape but it must have consequences, maybe if you die once you excape you loose all points. The idea of a excape did come up before where everyone agreed if a excape was to happen it needed to happen after they are jailed so they would regain movement. Everyone also said that if your going to loose chat with your team that when you are in excape mode you will remain on there chat until you return to the home base.
    Excape is a great idea but everyone agreed it would be too complicated for the game mode, due to the fact of trying to keep them in the jail and a possible problem of a  excaped Leader that goes and hides somewhere because his base is guarded and time expires without a capture.

Adrenaline

jewellsz wrote:

Adrenaline wrote:

Not trying to piss you off, but this game idea was on here a few days ago.  They put one that was alot more detailed.  I couldn't quite understand the way you had it listed.  The main part was trying to capture a guy in last stand like you were reviving him.  Do you think you could actually sit next to someone with a pistol while you wait for the bar to move up.  I am sure you meant it for him not to have a pistol, but this is just an example of things you should make a little more clear.  It is a good idea, just needs a little more thought before you should expect multiple responses.

Im sorry but this is not a mode that hasn't been played on different games, so this is all but ideas and I didn't want to give all of the comments I recieved on this so I tryed to make it simple. Comments like yours makes it easier to address individualy.

As to your responce to the hand gun a Leaders hand gun is only active when excaping it does not work when he goes in last stand. That is why a Leader is chosen so that the typical last stand is inactive due to the fact it is now a capture perk or a capture mode. also if a downed Leader is shot while in last stand he will return to the spawn with full health and guns, BUT can not be shot by a teammate for a cheep way to not get captured.When the leader goes in last stand he must stay there until either captured or saved from a team mate. Yes the bar code fills and once captured the Leader will loose funtion until released by a team mate the same way a revive would happen.I hope this helps you understand, and thanks for the comment.

Adrenaline
    Is that it, doesn't anyone have any more ideas or should we change the thread to a more enjoyable topic that we can all complain on.
    r2ndtally
    Not a bad idea. Maybe the leader could have juggernaut too?
    JASONSTREET
    Its interesting well thought out.
    Adrenaline

r2ndtally wrote:

Not a bad idea. Maybe the leader could have juggernaut too?

ahh Jugg .....ahhh whatever, all Im asking about is any ideas on the Capture the Leader idea. jugg really has nothing to do with it, I mean what to make it harder for them to capture them....hmmm then I would say no it shouldn't be allowed....juggernoob is for the noobs and should be banded by any gamer above 24 or 5th prestege.

It's a good idea. I think the player has to be a big lever to vote for others like 3 prestige...