1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 218 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2009 10:20 AM by SoylentBob Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: NObama
    T0TAL Killjoy
    how can we tell if hes a bad president it was allready bad when he got in
    bush was the anyways to most people.....now obama is because hes the new president.....basically people are saying they hate the presidents
  • 21. Re: NObama
    cody341
    I liked bush. Did you notice that democrats are taking over!!!!! I'm po'd
  • 22. Re: NObama
    SoylentBob

IrishHooligan45 wrote:

ACSLATER007 wrote:

I guess i just wont understand how ppl are so quick to judge a president after only a few months of office but glorify Bush's foreign policy on a war that should have never happened and thus leave thousands of dead soldiers.

And I do agree with you that this war shouldn't have happened. It's all based on lies.

You mean Hilldog's lies? Wasn't she all for the war before she backpedaled? Now she's against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan... Oh, wait, we're escalating the war in Afghanistan. Go team!
    Too bad the Taliban is over in Pakistan.
  • 23. Re: NObama
    cody341
    ha ha
  • 24. Re: NObama
    mercman74

IrishHooligan45 wrote:

cody341 wrote:

This is what I figure... He had a lot of stuff wrong with his presidency but the one thing that he accomplished was keeping our country safe. In September 11 2001 there was the darkest day in us history. But after that in bush's 8 years of his term there was not a single other attack because of his firm strength in iraq and iran.

What? That last sentence makes no sense. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. And what strength do we have in Iran? Please explain.

He may be talking about the US fleet we have parked just miles from Iran's shore as a show of strength we wouldn't let them get a nuke.

Add on top of that the government will be in the auto industry as owner of Government Motors formerly known as General Motors.
  • 25. Re: NObama
    cody341
    Thank you for clearing up the strength thing!
  • 26. Re: NObama
    Recon Killer
    Some of you guys are so ignorant.

Guantanamo Bay was closed down because it gave the U.S. a means to interrogate "suspected terrorists"  without going through the proper channels (aka unconstitutional). So basically, the C.I.A. can arrest you and put you in Guantanamo Bay just for saying "bomb" or "Islam" in an airport. Sound fair to you? I think not.

Water boarding has been classified as a type of torture, but not like torture as in electrocution or breaking bones. More like Chinese water torture, since no pain is administered but it breaks down the victims phsycological well being. Basically, it's frowned upon and on bad moral grounds. Obama saw this and put an end to it.

As for abortion rights, has anyone seen his recent speech at Notre Dame? So far, I think none of you have or didn't care to listen to him. In short, he tried to unify to two sides of the argument so as to come to a comprimise. His speech went rather well, and was applauded by EVERYONE, pro and anti-abortionists alike.

So instead of coming onto a VIDEO GAME forum board to spew out your biased decisions about the president, or anything in fact, do your research.
  • 27. Re: NObama
    Sheader

Recon Killer wrote:

Some of you guys are so ignorant.

Guantanamo Bay was closed down because it gave the U.S. a means to interrogate "suspected terrorists"  without going through the proper channels (aka unconstitutional). So basically, the C.I.A. can arrest you and put you in Guantanamo Bay just for saying "bomb" or "Islam" in an airport. Sound fair to you? I think not.

Water boarding has been classified as a type of torture, but not like torture as in electrocution or breaking bones. More like Chinese water torture, since no pain is administered but it breaks down the victims phsycological well being. Basically, it's frowned upon and on bad moral grounds. Obama saw this and put an end to it.

As for abortion rights, has anyone seen his recent speech at Notre Dame? So far, I think none of you have or didn't care to listen to him. In short, he tried to unify to two sides of the argument so as to come to a comprimise. His speech went rather well, and was applauded by EVERYONE, pro and anti-abortionists alike.

So instead of coming onto a VIDEO GAME forum board to spew out your biased decisions about the president, or anything in fact, do your research.

(Applause)
  • 28. Re: NObama
    214_Firestorm

Recon Killer wrote:

(aka unconstitutional)

Not that I agree or disagree with everything else you typed.
    But the quote stands out.

Non US citizens have no constitutional rights in the USA
    Hate it when people say "its unconstitutional" when dealing with non US citizens!
    It simpally just dont apply to them, and never should!
    Green card/visa dont = citizenship either, also never should!
  • 29. Re: NObama
    ACSLATER007

214_Firestorm wrote:

Recon Killer wrote:

(aka unconstitutional)

Not that I agree or disagree with everything else you typed.
    But the quote stands out.

Non US citizens have no constitutional rights in the USA
    Hate it when people say "its unconstitutional" when dealing with non US citizens!
    It simpally just dont apply to them, and never should!
    Green card/visa dont = citizenship either, also never should!

so you are saying that even ppl with a green card dont deserve to be treated like the rest of american citizens.  so my brother in law who has a green card who came here from another country can be treated like crap and tortured for information.  so close friends of mine that aren't citizens just yet dont have any rights at all and it is perfectly okay to send them to guantanamo.  im sure you have non citizen friends too and you are fine with them being stripped of anything that defines them.  Wow man Wow. 

well then i guess if you werent a citizen you would be fine with the U.S. govt doing whatever they want to you cuz you dont have rights.
1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next