41 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2009 2:19 AM by thebigb59 RSS

Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?

DEE_83
So what is your take on tanks? Do you love them and hate to play maps without them? Or do you hate them and love to play the maps without them? For me, I personally hate them. I depsise them. I loathe them. Tanks and "Juggernoob" are the 2 things that cause the MP part of CoD:WaW to suffer, in my opinion. But as they say, opinions are like a$$holes, everyones got one and both can be sh!tty. So what's yours?
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    Stewman29
    Didn't use them in hardcore and still don't touch them in core.  Sniping is the way to go unless I'm ripping up a headquarters or domination.   Tanks get kills, but it seems to me to be very boring just riding around the whole time.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    Whitelight01
    Personally I liked them.  I could use them or kill them so I did no complaining about them.  The maps that have had the tanks removed are camp fests now where the score is lucky to get over 300, that is if it's not skipped.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    poonilization
    i hate em cuz if i play with some of my mates, none of us use tanks, then say on a map like seelow we've been trapped in by 5 enemy tanks. tanks are pathetic if u don't anna get raped on tank maps your forced to use em, even tho i don't.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    daHawk
    I can distinctly remeber a thread with the same exact subject and title.
    please use the search function before making threads.

    thanks.




    To the BBQ ribs!
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    DEE_83
    Sorry didnt realize I was commiting some crime by not researching the hell out of it before I posted the topic. I was just curious how people felt. Maybe people don't want to take the time to use the forum search when it doesn't really work. Again, a thousand pardons. Oh and next time if you post in my topic, keep it related to the topic.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?

    DEE_83 wrote:

     

    So what is your take on tanks? Do you love them and hate to play maps without them? Or do you hate them and love to play the maps without them? For me, I personally hate them. I depsise them. I loathe them. Tanks and "Juggernoob" are the 2 things that cause the MP part of CoD:WaW to suffer, in my opinion. But as they say, opinions are like a$$holes, everyones got one and both can be sh!tty. So what's yours?


    Your a noob40 user you opinion does not matter, just because you can't take out takes with your peashooter, how about you learn to use the M9 you noobcake
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    toon_army_azza
    i hate tanks; because its hard to destroy them without dying
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    DEE_83

    thebigb59 wrote:

     

    DEE_83 wrote:

     

    So what is your take on tanks? Do you love them and hate to play maps without them? Or do you hate them and love to play the maps without them? For me, I personally hate them. I depsise them. I loathe them. Tanks and "Juggernoob" are the 2 things that cause the MP part of CoD:WaW to suffer, in my opinion. But as they say, opinions are like a$$holes, everyones got one and both can be sh!tty. So what's yours?


    Your a noob40 user you opinion does not matter, just because you can't take out takes with your peashooter, how about you learn to use the M9 you noobcake


    Hmmm, you must be a tank and juggernoob user and you're calling me the noob. Thats friggin hilarious. The only reason people use tanks is because they're scared to actually fight and play the game so they run to the tank. Pretty much the same thing with juggernoob, scared to get killed. There's a word for these players, its also a term for a part of the female anatomy; which ironically these players have probably never seen.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?

    DEE_83 wrote:

     

    thebigb59 wrote:

     

    DEE_83 wrote:

     

    So what is your take on tanks? Do you love them and hate to play maps without them? Or do you hate them and love to play the maps without them? For me, I personally hate them. I depsise them. I loathe them. Tanks and "Juggernoob" are the 2 things that cause the MP part of CoD:WaW to suffer, in my opinion. But as they say, opinions are like a$$holes, everyones got one and both can be sh!tty. So what's yours?


    Your a noob40 user you opinion does not matter, just because you can't take out takes with your peashooter, how about you learn to use the M9 you noobcake


    Hmmm, you must be a tank and juggernoob user and you're calling me the noob. Thats friggin hilarious. The only reason people use tanks is because they're scared to actually fight and play the game so they run to the tank. Pretty much the same thing with juggernoob, scared to get killed. There's a word for these players, its also a term for a part of the female anatomy; which ironically these players have probably never seen.


    only people that hate them are rank 10 gun using noob cakes who could not figure out a bazooka from a satchel charge.

    "What is this strange concept, anti-tank, but i would lost my juggernaut slot, nooooooo!!!"

    I would surgest using a rifle to you but you might shoot your own foot off
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    Ruger1
    Love the tanks and hate the fact that they removed them. It makes the maps that had them in it soooo boring to play.
    :tankguy:
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    zXiNsTiNcTXz
    I really hate them! Whats the point of those tanks ? Everybody needs to juse Bazooka ore satchel to kill the tank. I like to just have some fun in a game dont care about my K/D But where is the fun if the other team sometimes got all 4 tanks? you maybe can kill 1 guy and then you die becouse there is another guy in a tank and he kills you. No Fun !

    Hate Tanks !!!!
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?

    zXiNsTiNcTXz wrote:

     

    I really hate them! Whats the point of those tanks ? Everybody needs to juse Bazooka ore satchel to kill the tank. I like to just have some fun in a game dont care about my K/D But where is the fun if the other team sometimes got all 4 tanks? you maybe can kill 1 guy and then you die becouse there is another guy in a tank and he kills you. No Fun !

    Hate Tanks !!!!


    then your on a crap team and deserve that to happen, you get two tanks on the start of Seelow, use them
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    Ruger1

    thebigb59 wrote:

     

    zXiNsTiNcTXz wrote:

     

    I really hate them! Whats the point of those tanks ? Everybody needs to juse Bazooka ore satchel to kill the tank. I like to just have some fun in a game dont care about my K/D But where is the fun if the other team sometimes got all 4 tanks? you maybe can kill 1 guy and then you die becouse there is another guy in a tank and he kills you. No Fun !

    Hate Tanks !!!!


    then your on a crap team and deserve that to happen, you get two tanks on the start of Seelow, use them



    If I may elaborate even more
    Then wait for the other tanks to come to your side of the map then double team them one at a time then move to the other side of the map. Then well you know.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    cres fighter
    both
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    zXiNsTiNcTXz

    then your on a crap team and deserve that to happen, you get two tanks on the start of Seelow, use them



    If I may elaborate even more
    Then wait for the other tanks to come to your side of the map then double team them one at a time then move to the other side of the map. Then well you know.[/quote]

    I play cod for killing not for shooting a tank ! I dont use a tank myself its weak.
    Tanks are a bad idea!
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    zXiNsTiNcTXz
    I play cod for killing not for shooting a tank ! I dont use a tank myself its weak.
    Tanks are a bad idea!
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    anoreo
    love em




    the MG

    easy 2 satchel kill

    challenges


    thats y


    haters too ***** to replace bandolier.



    sry 4 typin only got 1 hand atm
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    Ruger1

    zXiNsTiNcTXz wrote:

     

    then your on a crap team and deserve that to happen, you get two tanks on the start of Seelow, use them



    If I may elaborate even more
    Then wait for the other tanks to come to your side of the map then double team them one at a time then move to the other side of the map. Then well you know.



    I play cod for killing not for shooting a tank ! I dont use a tank myself its weak.
    Tanks are a bad idea![/quote]


    Everybody has the right to there own opinion. And I enjoyed the tanks in HC!
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    zXiNsTiNcTXz
    I use Bazooka.And yeah youre right
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    Whitelight01

    DEE_83 wrote:

     

    thebigb59 wrote:

     

    DEE_83 wrote:

     

    So what is your take on tanks? Do you love them and hate to play maps without them? Or do you hate them and love to play the maps without them? For me, I personally hate them. I depsise them. I loathe them. Tanks and "Juggernoob" are the 2 things that cause the MP part of CoD:WaW to suffer, in my opinion. But as they say, opinions are like a$$holes, everyones got one and both can be sh!tty. So what's yours?


    Your a noob40 user you opinion does not matter, just because you can't take out takes with your peashooter, how about you learn to use the M9 you noobcake


    Hmmm, you must be a tank and juggernoob user and you're calling me the noob. Thats friggin hilarious. The only reason people use tanks is because they're scared to actually fight and play the game so they run to the tank. Pretty much the same thing with juggernoob, scared to get killed. There's a word for these players, its also a term for a part of the female anatomy; which ironically these players have probably never seen.




    So if a person used tanks...that means we can't shoot a gun or fight? How about you test out something other than SMG's, oh wait, can't spray & pray with semi-automatics or single shots can you.  Mp40 with over 11,800 kills and your calling someone else a NOOB....thats hilarious.  .64 win ratio is even better, that says it all.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    ChEmIsTrY FaN 89
    hate em. thats all i have to say
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    Chance88
    Love Tanks. They can control a full match, and most people do not have an Anti-Tank class to stop them.
    But, I hate when the enemy gets control of all tanks because of unintelligent team mates, and no one but me are working to take them out. Seems to happen a lot when I am not playing with my clan. I guess its not really the tanks I hate its the people that are afraid to take them out, seems all most people can do is throw a frag and a flare at them.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?

    poonilization wrote:

     

    i hate em cuz if i play with some of my mates, none of us use tanks, then say on a map like seelow we've been trapped in by 5 enemy tanks. tanks are pathetic if u don't anna get raped on tank maps your forced to use em, even tho i don't.




    muhahahah I love it when the other team ignores the tanks!!!  Teamwork!  Get in it or disable it so someone can't use it.  Or get run the hell over!
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    omegashooter

    DEE_83 wrote:

     

    So what is your take on tanks? Do you love them and hate to play maps without them? Or do you hate them and love to play the maps without them? For me, I personally hate them. I depsise them. I loathe them. Tanks and "Juggernoob" are the 2 things that cause the MP part of CoD:WaW to suffer, in my opinion. But as they say, opinions are like a$$holes, everyones got one and both can be sh!tty. So what's yours?


    I think tanks are amzing since it causes you and your team to start working together as a true  team to take down an obstacle such as a tank.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    I don't realy care.  I always have a class with satchels just in case.  The only thing i hate is when you are on a map like downfall.  The oppossing team gets all 4 tanks, and instead of hunting the tanks down, your team hides and your the only one trying to take them out. If im the only one going after the tanks, i will die probably up to 4 times b/c of the tank and enemy fire while exposed.  TEAM WORK PLEASE!!! If i get help i will stop any onslaught of tanks. One well placed sacthel will do the trick, so i can take out two tanks in one life.

    P.S. if u hate tanks, play hardcore
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    andrewman18
    Hate it or love it the tanks on top
    And I'm gon shine homie until my heart stop
    Go'head'n envy me
    I'm cod's MVP
    And Im goin everywhere
    So you can get shot by me
    Hate it or love it the tanks on top
    And I'm gon shine homie until my heart stop
    Go'head'n envy me
    I'm cods's MVP
    And Im goin everywhere
    So you can get shot by me


    thats my tank rap.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    Ruger1

    andrewman18 wrote:

     

    Hate it or love it the tanks on top
    And I'm gon shine homie until my heart stop
    Go'head'n envy me
    I'm cod's MVP
    And Im goin everywhere
    So you can get shot by me
    Hate it or love it the tanks on top
    And I'm gon shine homie until my heart stop
    Go'head'n envy me
    I'm cods's MVP
    And Im goin everywhere
    So you can get shot by me


    thats my tank rap.




    Don't quite your day job.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    what are y'all talking about when you say tanks have been removed from some maps.  I know the aren't on hardcore but what are yall talking about. I seem to be missing something. Please respond
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    DEE_83

    So if a person used tanks...that means we can't shoot a gun or fight? How about you test out something other than SMG's, oh wait, can't spray & pray with semi-automatics or single shots can you.  Mp40 with over 11,800 kills and your calling someone else a NOOB....thats hilarious.  .64 win ratio is even better, that says it all.[/quote wrote:

     



    Let's see, the reason most of the people hate the MP40 is because they get owned by it or for whatever reason don't know how to use it effectively. Yeah, right now I have close to 12,000 kills with it, and? What's your point? And as far as my win/loss ratio, I could care less. I play for kills. The majority of my losses come from me leaving a game before its over or joining a game thats already in progress on the team thats losing 240/0 (I play HQ). And as far as having an anti-tank class, I have 2 of them. And like other posters in this thread, I'm usually the only one trying to take them out. And as I have said in another post in this topic, keep posts related to the topic. A simple "yes I like tanks" or "no I hate tanks" will suffice. Don't discredit my skills or someone else's because they're opinion differs from yours. That just makes you look like the noob.


  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    TeeCue

    Chance88 wrote:

     

    Love Tanks. They can control a full match, and most people do not have an Anti-Tank class to stop them.
    But, I hate when the enemy gets control of all tanks because of unintelligent team mates, and no one but me are working to take them out. Seems to happen a lot when I am not playing with my clan. I guess its not really the tanks I hate its the people that are afraid to take them out, seems all most people can do is throw a frag and a flare at them.



    It definitely sucks trying to take on tanks all by yourself, I've experience that before. I also think tanks add a fun dimension to the game. They are fun to kill and to use.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    Ruger1

    TeeCue wrote:

     

    Chance88 wrote:

     

    Love Tanks. They can control a full match, and most people do not have an Anti-Tank class to stop them.
    But, I hate when the enemy gets control of all tanks because of unintelligent team mates, and no one but me are working to take them out. Seems to happen a lot when I am not playing with my clan. I guess its not really the tanks I hate its the people that are afraid to take them out, seems all most people can do is throw a frag and a flare at them.



    It definitely sucks trying to take on tanks all by yourself, I've experience that before. I also think tanks add a fun dimension to the game. They are fun to kill and to use.



    And should have stayed in HC!
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    The_Waroed_1
    I love them.

    I play all levels equally. I never vote to skip a map unless I JUST played it, or it is from the map pack I refuse to buy.

    I am very good using them and quite good destroying them.

    I typically use an app sighted rifle with stopping power, satchels, smoke, a sticky and extreme conditioning on tank levels.

    Recently I started using a rifle or MG, satchels, flak jacket and recon from time to time. This is especially useful when the enemy has multiple tanks on a large map like Seelow. You can take a direct hit from the main gun without dying and easily have the firepower to destroy one undamaged enemy tank.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    raginmaniak
    Personally i hate tanks, but I've adjusted to it and can take out 3 to 4 tanks a match. its no that big of a deal.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    bAtMAiiN
    i really dont know.
    when im in a tank, why cant the people just let me kill them and not try and destroy me.?
    why cant they let me get my 10 killstreak andhave fun with it.?
    and when others are in tanks, why cant they just stand their in the gunner or main tank and let me destroy them. i really dont understand this.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    Pvt. Millerlite
    I don't love them and I don't hate them. I just STAY AWAY from them. I think they are a pointless addition to the game, in my own opinion, but people love using them, so kudos to them. If they want to be little p***ies, and use them, then fine. It doesn't mess up up my score, which is all I care about. If I see a tank, I run in the opposite direction, or crouch/go prone, behind something and the tank usually just rolls right by. In my opinion, the tanks are just big, slow, moving targets. Using a tank in my opinion, is just like saying, "hey enemy guys, shoot and kill me! Hey, I'm over here!"

    No thanks!
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?

    andrewman18 wrote:

     

    Hate it or love it the tanks on top
    And I'm gon shine homie until my heart stop
    Go'head'n envy me
    I'm cod's MVP
    And Im goin everywhere
    So you can get shot by me
    Hate it or love it the tanks on top
    And I'm gon shine homie until my heart stop
    Go'head'n envy me
    I'm cods's MVP
    And Im goin everywhere
    So you can get shot by me


    thats my tank rap.



    andrewman18, The Game called.  He wants his rhymes back.  As for tanks, though, you're right.  Whether you love them or hate them, they're on top (for four levels in core when they don't get skipped).  I love and use them on a regular for various reasons.  First, it keeps the enemy from grabbing them.  That should be enough to make you want to hop in.  Second, I believe it gives you a wider field of viewing from higher up.  Third, it takes me back to my days of playing Twisted Metal II and Twisted Metal Black.  Something about driving around and shooting at things comes naturally at this point.  But for those of you who do despise them, I don't blame you.  Just make sure you're team has control of them if you want to secure a victory.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    Whitelight01

    DEE_83 wrote:

     

    So if a person used tanks...that means we can't shoot a gun or fight? How about you test out something other than SMG's, oh wait, can't spray & pray with semi-automatics or single shots can you.  Mp40 with over 11,800 kills and your calling someone else a NOOB....thats hilarious.  .64 win ratio is even better, that says it all.[/quote wrote:

     



    Let's see, the reason most of the people hate the MP40 is because they get owned by it or for whatever reason don't know how to use it effectively. Yeah, right now I have close to 12,000 kills with it, and? What's your point? And as far as my win/loss ratio, I could care less. I play for kills. The majority of my losses come from me leaving a game before its over or joining a game thats already in progress on the team thats losing 240/0 (I play HQ). And as far as having an anti-tank class, I have 2 of them. And like other posters in this thread, I'm usually the only one trying to take them out. And as I have said in another post in this topic, keep posts related to the topic. A simple "yes I like tanks" or "no I hate tanks" will suffice. Don't discredit my skills or someone else's because they're opinion differs from yours. That just makes you look like the noob.




    In it for the kills huh??  1.28 KD looks very impressive....guess you worked really hard to get that.
    As per keeping on topic as you say...this one has been beat to death...AS ALREADY MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD.
    Your online game is fail, and your attempt to act like your not a NOOB has failed.  I don't have to discredit your skills playa, your battle career does that for you. Just for you though....I loved the TANKS!!!  Enjoyed owning little boys such as yourself while they were in hardcore.


  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    zSaVaGeX-
    I hate 'em because they're hard to take down and it's way to easy to get kills in them. That's why I play HC TDM if I even play TDM.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    Bottoms13
    Don't like them the way they are, should change them.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    majorwoodies
    I didn't mind them.  I used them alot when I first started playing. Now I like to trap them with satchels since its not that hard to figure out where a tank will travel. ie seelow under/over rail bridge. Oh and instead of whining about this being a repeat topic,*cough*DaHawk*cough* dont post and do everybody a favor since no one really cares about your opinion anyway.  Except your clone followers.
  • Re: Tanks: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
    1* this thread does not deserve 5*s