36 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2012 11:09 PM by LAGE_HODE RSS

Why no 4 player split-screen zombies?

Once i got this game, i was to eager play zombies with 3 of my friends, but it only lets us play 2 player split-screen. Why can't we play with 4 people on the same xbox on Nazi Zombies? We can do it on Multiplayer mode, so why not Nazi Zombies?
  • Re: Why no 4 player split-screen zombies?
    Jrfan883
    Dude, I totally agree. I've been trying to convince Treyarch to make 4P Co-op splitscreen for a while. Theres no use. I've come to the conclusion that Treyarch doesnt care much about these forums, nor does JD_2020. There have been so many good ideas on these forums for improvements on the game, but I haven't seen one happen yet. Maybe one of these days Treyarch will actually listen to their consumers, instead of completely ignoring them and expecting tons of profit.
    ghostsquad
    They just wanted to keep the ratio at 16:9 I think.
    Camo Wildcat

GhostSquad wrote:

WOW its still 16:9 if you play with four they just increase the zombies... Plus you can play with 4 on co op so theres no reason what so ever we cant.

Camo Wildcat wrote:

GhostSquad wrote:

WOW its still 16:9 if you play with four they just increase the zombies... Plus you can play with 4 on co op so theres no reason what so ever we cant.

Exactly my point, You can still do 4 player Deathmatch or whatever, but why not zombies as well. The only downside I can see is less people online Cod :P
    Camo Wildcat

Smileetus wrote:

Camo Wildcat wrote:

GhostSquad wrote:

Exactly my point, You can still do 4 player Deathmatch or whatever, but why not zombies as well. The only downside I can see is less people online Cod :P

nevertheless its BS
    WOW its still 16:9 if you play with four they just increase the zombies... Plus you can play with 4 on co op so theres no reason what so ever we cant.[/quote]

Exactly my point, You can still do 4 player Deathmatch or whatever, but why not zombies as well. The only downside I can see is less people online Cod :P[/quote]

nevertheless its BS[/quote]

Its BS as in there should be 4 player offline zombies, or do you mean the idea itself is BS?
    ull need some big tv...just imagine turning around in a tiny square nd coming face to face with a zombie......it wouldnt be nice
    some hearts just wouldnt be able to tolerate it :L
    Jrfan883

Jacklyn93 wrote:

ull need some big tv...just imagine turning around in a tiny square nd coming face to face with a zombie......it wouldnt be nice

Probably one of the worst reasons I have heard. Its the exact same size as 4P MP splitscreen, and I'm pretty sure people are aware of the screen size...

Jrfan883 wrote:

Jacklyn93 wrote:

Probably one of the worst reasons I have heard. Its the exact same size as 4P MP splitscreen, and I'm pretty sure people are aware of the screen size...

Yeah, I have played 4 player on dome on a 13ish cm tv, and saw fairly well, any my eyesight is not 20/20 :P

Jrfan883 wrote:

Jacklyn93 wrote:

yea but turning around to see a normal person(w/ a gun) is totally different to seeing a zombie.....nd i wasnt serious about the heart thing

Jacklyn93 wrote:

Jrfan883 wrote:

Jacklyn93 wrote:

yea but turning around to see a normal person(w/ a gun) is totally different to seeing a zombie.....nd i wasnt serious about the heart thing

Not much different, the undead looks dirtier then a normal person and is not carrying a gun.
    Jman912
    Probably one of the worst reasons I have heard. Its the exact same size as 4P MP splitscreen, and I'm pretty sure people are aware of the screen size...[/quote]
    Yeah, I have played 4 player on dome on a 13ish cm tv, and saw fairly well, any my eyesight is not 20/20 :P[/quote]

what did u guys do with a 13" tv? all stand 6-8 inches from it? I have a 46" and I have to sit 5feet from it to see everything in two player. I cant imagine playing with 3 other people on that small of a screen.
    We were waiting to use my much larger HD tv, for my parents were watching a movie on it. So we decided to see how well we could play waw on the super small tv. It was difficult, but we got used to it.

Smileetus wrote:

Not much different, the undead looks dirtier then a normal person and is not carrying a gun.[/quote]

well its just the fact that its a zombie

Jacklyn93 wrote:

Smileetus wrote:

Not much different, the undead looks dirtier then a normal person and is not carrying a gun.

well its just the fact that its a zombie[/quote]

Well sure, it may be more difficult seeing all the zombies on the screen for your screen will be generally smaller, but if you got a good team, they should be able to cover you. Otherwise, don't even try playing 4ppl offline zombies.

Smileetus wrote:

Jacklyn93 wrote:

Smileetus wrote:

well its just the fact that its a zombie

Well sure, it may be more difficult seeing all the zombies on the screen for your screen will be generally smaller, but if you got a good team, they should be able to cover you. Otherwise, don't even try playing 4ppl offline zombies.[/quote]

yep
    kal14
    I agree completely, when playing zombies offline my friend Chris and I can do well but we wanted to add two other people, well when we tried it ended up a no go. Now that they have the new map with the four very different personalities, why didn't they patch it so you could do four player? I mean to get the full experience from Shi No Numa, you need all four guys! what's the deal?

kal14 wrote:

I agree completely, when playing zombies offline my friend Chris and I can do well but we wanted to add two other people, well when we tried it ended up a no go. Now that they have the new map with the four very different personalities, why didn't they patch it so you could do four player? I mean to get the full experience from Shi No Numa, you need all four guys! what's the deal?

Exactly! It is possible to do well in Nacht Du Untoten, and maybe Veruuct, but Shi No Numa is made for 4 ppl cooperation.
    LuayS
    ya i have no idea why this wasn't included from the get go. The maps are really difficult to do after a certain point with only 2 players offline. We have a 60" HDTV at school that me and my roommates would like to exploit but instead we end up playing Halo3 or Fifa because more than 2 players would like to play at a time.

So Treyarch please include a small patch to allow 4 player offline zombie
    Jcgentry
    But wouldn't it be awesome if you had 1 console but 2 tvs and some how you could get one player on 1 tv and the 2 player on the other tv.  Or if there were 4 people playing and each tv was on split screen.  Would make the issue of trying to see the small screens easier.  I think the xbox and playstation need to both get in on this idea and make a lot of people happy with putting two outputs on the back of the consoles.

Jcgentry wrote:

But wouldn't it be awesome if you had 1 console but 2 tvs and some how you could get one player on 1 tv and the 2 player on the other tv.  Or if there were 4 people playing and each tv was on split screen.  Would make the issue of trying to see the small screens easier.  I think the xbox and playstation need to both get in on this idea and make a lot of people happy with putting two outputs on the back of the consoles.

That would mean everyone would have to send their console to MS to get this new upgrade. It would be much more convenient if we just allow 4 ppl to play zombies on 1 screen.
    Not true at all.  i can get to round 13 by myslef.  i only died that time cuz i got distracted and got cornered.  Shi No Numa is perfectly fine without 4 people.  chill out.   ... and i forgot to quote the person im ridiculing.  fail on my part.  oh well, u get my point.

trifo wrote:

Not true at all.  i can get to round 13 by myslef.  i only died that time cuz i got distracted and got cornered.  Shi No Numa is perfectly fine without 4 people.  chill out.   ... and i forgot to quote the person im ridiculing.  fail on my part.  oh well, u get my point.

13? Nice. How did you do it? I always manage to get cornered by round 6-8.

Jcgentry wrote:

thats a really good idea but i have to agree with another comment about people sending in thier ps3's/xboxs to get the exta port that it would be complicated. i was thinking that maybe using another port that is already there nd getting a special wire so that its possible
    soleTAmasamoa
    dude that is so freakin tru3 i was kinda piss you cant play 4 player co-op on nazi zombie especially the mp2 "SHI NO NUMA" but they should do how really big and hard the map is and if they added new bosses!! don't you agree?...
    Gary929
    Well i've tried out the linking of xbox's and apparently system link will only let you play one on one in any mode, which is ridiculous if you ask me! Why you can't play nazi zombies with more than two of you on two xbox's no less is beyond me! A major oversight! An even larger oversight of course is the fact that you can't even play against each other on more than one on one on two system linked xbox's! It's the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen or heard of! This has slipped from being an awesome game to simply a good game in my opinion. Must try harder!
    MaybeItsAnAngel
    OMG THey ruined split screen with those horrable screens with those pictures in between the two screens
    JUST SPLIT THE ******* SCREEN

MaybeItsAnAngel wrote:

OMG THey ruined split screen with those horrable screens with those pictures in between the two screens
    JUST SPLIT THE **** SCREEN

Agreed, at least bring in a function that makes it so you can either see a cut in half screen setting or the normal setting that shipped with the game.

Gary929 wrote:

Well i've tried out the linking of xbox's and apparently system link will only let you play one on one in any mode, which is ridiculous if you ask me! Why you can't play nazi zombies with more than two of you on two xbox's no less is beyond me! A major oversight! An even larger oversight of course is the fact that you can't even play against each other on more than one on one on two system linked xbox's! It's the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen or heard of! This has slipped from being an awesome game to simply a good game in my opinion. Must try harder!

This is still an awesome game, but I do agree, its a silly idea not to add 4 player offline zombies.

soleTAmasamoa wrote:

dude that is so freakin tru3 i was kinda piss you cant play 4 player co-op on nazi zombie especially the mp2 "SHI NO NUMA" but they should do how really big and hard the map is and if they added new bosses!! don't you agree?...

Agreed, Shi No Numa is quite large and even with two people its incredibly hard through rounds 15-20. I got lucky once with a friend when we did offline co-op and we got to round 16. Think how far we could have gotten with 4 people :P
    clarkg

MaybeItsAnAngel wrote:

omg fro real, my friend wouldnt buy the game becuase of that, he doesnt play online
    Audioslave363
    Ya I really really hate that it would add a LOT of fun to the game a LOT!

clarkg wrote:

MaybeItsAnAngel wrote:

omg fro real, my friend wouldnt buy the game becuase of that, he doesnt play online

Lol, your friend is picky :P
    blackhawklb
    I've been wanting to know this same answer for some time now. when I have a sleep-over with my friends, I was so eager to play nazi zombies with them, but no sadly, come to find out its only 2 people split screen.  I totally agree with the argument about 4 player split screen for multiplayer. it makes perfect sense.

blackhawklb wrote:

I've been wanting to know this same answer for some time now. when I have a sleep-over with my friends, I was so eager to play nazi zombies with them, but no sadly, come to find out its only 2 people split screen.  I totally agree with the argument about 4 player split screen for multiplayer. it makes perfect sense.

I have had the same problem with me and my friends