1 2 3 Previous Next 76 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2011 10:43 AM by dpowell1023 RSS

Report spawning issues here

JD_2020
Hi everyone,

As you know, the spawn system is a very tricky puzzle. It would be easy to just spawn you the furthest possible spot away from enemies every time, but you'd be surprised at how boring that can make the gameplay (when you run for 15 seconds before finding an enemy). That's why we don't just do the "simple" solution many have proposed.

Instead, we feel the spawn system has been drastically improved. We do see some reports still, however, of bad spawns. This thread is meant to try to track some of these reports down.

It is easy to forget all the good experiences, and only have the bad ones stick out in your mind - so please try and be as objective as possible here. We know that bad spawns can happen from time to time. But if it is once or twice every other game and that's it, that isn't as big of an epidemic as some people imply with their posts.

So please answer the following questions:

1] What is your overall sense of the spawn system? Mostly pretty good? Sometimes good? Usually bad?
2] Which game modes do you usually play?
3] If you feel the spawns are usually bad, what game mode and maps do you notice this with specifically?
4] What about "spawns" is bad? Spawning in front of an enemy? Spawning in front of a dog? Spawning into artillery?

Thanks!
-JD
  • 1. Re: Report spawning issues here
    champ1983

JD_2020 wrote:

Hi everyone,

As you know, the spawn system is a very tricky puzzle. It would be easy to just spawn you the furthest possible spot away from enemies every time, but you'd be surprised at how boring that can make the gameplay (when you run for 15 seconds before finding an enemy). That's why we don't just do the "simple" solution many have proposed.

Instead, we feel the spawn system has been drastically improved. We do see some reports still, however, of bad spawns. This thread is meant to try to track some of these reports down.

It is easy to forget all the good experiences, and only have the bad ones stick out in your mind - so please try and be as objective as possible here. We know that bad spawns can happen from time to time. But if it is once or twice every other game and that's it, that isn't as big of an epidemic as some people imply with their posts.

1] What is your overall sense of the spawn system? Mostly pretty good? Sometimes good? Usually bad?
    3] If you feel the spawns are usually bad, what game mode and maps do you notice this with specifically?
    4] What about "spawns" is bad? Spawning in front of an enemy? Spawning in front of a dog? Spawning into artillery?

Thanks!
    -JD

sometimes bad,tdm,domination,headquarters,
    spawning in front of the enemy,in artillery .numerous times i enter into a match and as soon as i pick my weapon class a dog is already attacking me,or it spawned me into artillery.i have also had issues when i get killed and it spawns me in the same exact spot and i get killed again.
  • 2. Re: Report spawning issues here
    Gjballer35

JD_2020 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks!
    -JD

1.) horrible
    2.) teamdeath match
    3.) I notice the bad spawning in all maps even seelow
    4.) I spawn into everything bullets, grenades, artillery, not to mention the worst spawning on a damn betty, in front of an entire team, like 10 feet in front of someones ptrs scope so they dont have to do anything but pull the trigger, also right in front of tanks also that is the wors.I flank people alot and a lot of times I will get behind 3 or 4 of their team and think I am gonn have me a nice knife fest and then before I can even start shooting or anything two people spawn right directly behind me and kill me.
  • 3. Re: Report spawning issues here
    Xtreme2494

JD_2020 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks!
    -JD

1. Ususally awful in HQ.
    2. HC S&D but for bad spawns, HQ
    3. The game mode is definitely HQ and the worst map for me would be dome.
    I have spawned in front and next to enemies, I have spawned in front of dogs. I have spawned into artillery.

I dont know if others have these problems but it happens to me. Hope this helps/
  • 4. Re: Report spawning issues here
    daHawk
    1. horrible
    2. TDM, yes it is that bad there too.
    3. every mode (mainly objective games) every map
    4. you spawn to hear everything next to you (bullets, grenades, tanks..etc...)
       i even saw a tracer fly past my head
  • 5. Re: Report spawning issues here
    Horrorman
    sorry to say that...

1. usually bad
    2. Hardcore Team Deathmatch, Headquarters
    3. i only play HCTDM and HQ but it happens on every map
    4. all of them
  • 6. Re: Report spawning issues here
    JD_2020

Gjballer35 wrote:

1.) horrible
    2.) teamdeath match
    3.) I notice the bad spawning in all maps even seelow
    4.) I spawn into everything bullets, grenades, artillery, not to mention the worst spawning on a damn betty, in front of an entire team, like 10 feet in front of someones ptrs scope so they dont have to do anything but pull the trigger, also right in front of tanks also that is the wors.I flank people alot and a lot of times I will get behind 3 or 4 of their team and think I am gonn have me a nice knife fest and then before I can even start shooting or anything two people spawn right directly behind me and kill me.

This seems like it could be an example of a subjective report.

I know that I have played before, and would spawn in and run a bit and run right into 3 or 4 enemies. I've gotten worked up and yelled over the voice comms to my teammates "Oh my god, way to spawn me into their whole fricken team!" - but when I look back on it now, I realize it actually spawned me safely, but when I ran out or around the corner there happened to be several enemies there. My fault for not checking my corner.

Is it possible that's similar to what's happened to you most of the time, and you just get caught up in the moment? (it happens to everyone at some point, even me!)

Also everyone, please bear in mind we are looking for your experiences after this latest update, not experiences you've had from weeks ago.

Regards,
    -JD
  • 7. Re: Report spawning issues here
    EliteSniperKING
    I couldn't tell you anymore JD, I completely gave up on Multi-player for this game. It was really that bad. I've put A LOT of time into COD1 UO 2,3, WAYYYY to much on 4, and Here as well. I've played COD4 like theres no tomorrow, and WaW I've noticed that the spawning was terrible. I've never had that problem on COD4, The only time I ever complained was like you said (Spawning across the map) on HQ. On Here I've noticed ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS (sorry not yelling more of making the point) that I first get into a game, and bit by a dog, or hit by an artillery strike. On COD4 it was extremely rare for me to actually SEE someone spawn. On here.. I have watched people spawn on numerous occasions. As well as they watch me spawn. Now I ONLY play Shi no Numa. You guys Did an EXCELLENT! job on that. By far Amazing.
  • 8. Re: Report spawning issues here
    D3vilsGrav3
    Sometimes good sometimes bad.
    S&D (doesnt count here), HQ, WAR.
    Almost all game modes I play and almost all maps.
    All 3 actually. Just last night I spawned and a dog killed me. I didn't even move. I was like what the hell just happened. Anyways I was also unlucky once to spawn near a betty and near a live grenade. Died both times. So I guess the way to handle this is to spawn us at a place where there is no enemy, no enemy grenades/artillery/dogs/betties or add a 2 sec delay to kill a newly spawned guy.
  • 9. Re: Report spawning issues here
    daHawk
    yeah JD, thats accuarate,
    but it still shouldnt happen when the enemy is 5 feet around the corner from you...
    and also, 
    an estimate of 40% of my spawns are within the danger zone, may times when engagements with the enemy are taking place,
    like i spawn near a friendly sniper attacking an enemy,
    and the enemy sees us both.
1 2 3 Previous Next