1 2 3 4 Previous Next 76 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2011 10:43 AM by dpowell1023 Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Report spawning issues here
    nrm123
    1. usually bad
    2. all HC modes(Any chance of HC HQ???)
    3. most of them
    4.artillery and dogs are most annoying!
  • 11. Re: Report spawning issues here
    Horrorman

D3vilsGrav3 wrote:

1] What is your overall sense of the spawn system? Mostly pretty good? Sometimes good? Usually bad?
    Sometimes good sometimes bad.
    2] Which game modes do you usually play?
    S&D (doesnt count here), HQ, WAR.
    3] If you feel the spawns are usually bad, what game mode and maps do you notice this with specifically?
    Almost all game modes I play and almost all maps.
    4] What about "spawns" is bad? Spawning in front of an enemy? Spawning in front of a dog? Spawning into artillery?
    All 3 actually. Just last night I spawned and a dog killed me. I didn't even move. I was like what the hell just happened. Anyways I was also unlucky once to spawn near a betty and near a live grenade. Died both times. So I guess the way to handle this is to spawn us at a place where there is no enemy, no enemy grenades/artillery/dogs/betties or add a 2 sec delay to kill a newly spawned guy.

yea better a 3 sec delay, you have the chance to move and shoot back...
  • 12. Re: Report spawning issues here
    moho-fo

1] What is your overall sense of the spawn system? Mostly pretty good? Sometimes good? Usually bad?
    3] If you feel the spawns are usually bad, what game mode and maps do you notice this with specifically?
    4] What about "spawns" is bad? Spawning in front of an enemy? Spawning in front of a dog? Spawning into artillery?

1] Usually bad.

2] I play all excpet War and S&D, mostly play TDM

3] The spawning is worse on smaller maps, but I have noticed extremely bad spawning on Knee Deep as well. On a game of HQ on Sub Pens multiple team mates started the game looking directly at an enemy player, including myself. I just jammed the fire button as soon as the game started and got a free head shot! What is up with that?! I feel as though Dome should be reomved from the hardcore playlist until the spawning is properly addressed for smaller maps (maybe different spawn system for smaller maps?).

4] Spawning in front of enemies, sometimes while they are aiming down their sights in your direction after just taking down multiple team mates.

Spawning behind enemies and enemies spawning behind you. I don't know how many times I have cleared an area only to have someone come up behind me and blast me...then seeing in the kill cam that they spawned in an area i was just at seconds ago.

I have spawned directly behind an enemy running with the friendly flag in CTF.

I have spawned with the enemy (seeing all the green arrows on the OTHER side of the map and then having two guys walk up on me and blast me.

repeatedly spawning in the same place i just died (or only a few feet away)

spawning in front of a camper that just killed me

spawning in front of, not one, but several dogs and doing that multiple times in a single match

spawning into an area seconds before artillery strikes so you can't escape

spawning and immediately being blown up by a thrown grenade

spawning into an area where the enemy has pigeon-holed your team so you will just die over and over again

spawning in the line of sight of a sniper

spawning with a team mate in second chance while they are being taken out by enemies

being a sniper and repeatedly spawning in the midst of the frontline

the list goes on...

i would rather spawn away from the activity than get spawn killed repeatedly...i would say that at least half my deaths in a match are spawn-related.
  • 13. Re: Report spawning issues here
    Jose4464

JD_2020 wrote:

Hi everyone,

As you know, the spawn system is a very tricky puzzle. It would be easy to just spawn you the furthest possible spot away from enemies every time, but you'd be surprised at how boring that can make the gameplay (when you run for 15 seconds before finding an enemy). That's why we don't just do the "simple" solution many have proposed.

Instead, we feel the spawn system has been drastically improved. We do see some reports still, however, of bad spawns. This thread is meant to try to track some of these reports down.

It is easy to forget all the good experiences, and only have the bad ones stick out in your mind - so please try and be as objective as possible here. We know that bad spawns can happen from time to time. But if it is once or twice every other game and that's it, that isn't as big of an epidemic as some people imply with their posts.

So please answer the following questions:

Thanks!
    -JD

1.Sometimes Good
    2.Team Death Match,Headquarters and Sabotage
    3.Headquarters and Team Deathmatch and all of the old maps not the map packs ,When we destroy the HQ the enemies respawns really close the HQ which they get a bigger advantage on capturing it.
    4.Spwaning into artillery and in front of an enemy this happens to me mostly in Team Death Match and Sabotage in the old maps
  • 14. Re: Report spawning issues here
    moho-fo

Jose4464 wrote:

3.Headquarters and Team Deathmatch and all of the old maps not the map packs ,When we destroy the HQ the enemies respawns really close the HQ which they get a bigger advantage on capturing it.

this annoys me so much and it is SO true.
  • 15. Re: Report spawning issues here
    boomrsoonr4life
    I havent had a bad experience since the patch and MP2 release. As mentioned in your previous post...its our fault for running out and not looking around corners. I cant count how many times I have run and not paid attention. No problems here...
  • 16. Re: Report spawning issues here
    moho-fo

boomrsoonr4life wrote:

I havent had a bad experience since the patch and MP2 release. As mentioned in your previous post...its our fault for running out and not looking around corners. I cant count how many times I have run and not paid attention. No problems here...

yes... this also accounts for spawning on dogs, artillery and directly in front of multiple enemies, i guess?

speak for yourself.

Also Thank You JD for making this thread it does show that some one is listening because this is a big issue for me anyway.
  • 17. Re: Report spawning issues here
    JGrimes
    The spawning now is worse than ever. I have spawned in the middle of an artillery strike, dogs, right next to the enemy, and I once have spawned on top of an enemy that was laying prone sniping only to get knifed in the foot and die. I'm afraid that the efforts put forth to fix the spawning have been wasted sir, epic fail !!!

JGrimes
  • 18. Re: Report spawning issues here
    Jose4464

moho-fo wrote:

Jose4464 wrote:

this annoys me so much and it is SO true.

Yeah its so annoying that i quit HQ because of that issue i hate it when we destroy the HQ the enemies respawn like right next to it I know how you feel and i understand it becomes annoying
  • 19. Re: Report spawning issues here

JD_2020 wrote:

So please answer the following questions:

Thanks!
    -JD

Just played a few matches of War on my lunch hour. Played three matches: Makin Day, Hanger and Courtyard. I respawned in dogs on all three maps.

Sort of a side bar, but the dogs on Courtyard were way aggressive. I was killed by two dogs at once several times. One of my teammates has 3 dogs on him. Good for the guy who called in the dogs!
1 2 3 4 Previous Next