27 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 7:27 AM by Orly69 RSS

The Art Of Sniping

CODbeastwarrior
Just a few tips for all of you aspiring snipers:

-Sniping is like hunting, you must stalk you target, know his every move, and exactly at the right time pull the trigger
- You must be in a concealed position, and use you enviornment to your advantage
-Move swiftly and silently remaining behind cover or in the shadows.
-You must stay low and unexposed
-Become a marksman as embody the saying: one shot one kill

Remember stalk your prey tirelessly and emerge from where you are least expected and take the shot.

That is the art of sniping...

Oh yeah and stay away from these...:tankguy:
  • Re: The Art Of Sniping
    th3_im0rtal
    ahhh the beauty of sniping down ppl through the scope of my PTRS-41....yeah stay away from those Tanks.
    East_185
    I try to treat sniping like boxing; stick and move.

You're right. Just because if your victim usually has the REVENGE option, he will knows where you're hidden. What a fu§*@ng bullshit!!! Hidding is the most peculiar ability for a marksman, and if for each target neutralized the Shooter must move to change his position, he will be soon visible at everyone who is near. MW3 is nothing but an ARENA. Too short distances, all the buildings have only one level usable and no ambients are idle for a shooter deplacement. Cobras, Hinds, Osprey and missiles. I absolutely do prefer BT3. More realistic, much more...

CODbeastwarrior
    I've gotten used to the springfield, and its a pretty good weapon.
    chengster69

Th3_Im0rtal wrote:

ahhh the beauty of sniping down ppl through the scope of my PTRS-41....yeah stay away from those Tanks.

or, if the tank is on fire, go to town. Shoot the motherfucker who can't fight for his life. blow that **** up with him in it. **** tanks
    chengster69

Th3_Im0rtal wrote:

or, if the tank is on fire, go to town. Shoot the motherfucker who can't fight for his life. blow that **** up with him in it. **** tanks
    th3_im0rtal

chengster69 wrote:

Th3_Im0rtal wrote:

or, if the tank is on fire, go to town. Shoot the **** who can't fight for his life. blow that **** up with him in it. **** tanks

i actually had seen that happening with the PTRS-41. A rare moment but i saw maybe one or two ppl with PTRS' who blew up a burning tank ONLY with the sniper. After all PTRS-41 is an Anti-Tank Sniper Rifle. I even saw it on a Sniper Montage on Youtube. The dude blew up a tank with his PTRS.
    FreudianRiff
    Im an OK sniper problem is I dont know how to play it aggressively enough. I can go like 5-2 3-1 ect with it, but I cant score fast. Where is the line between patients and aggression?
    DoomsWarMachine

CODbeastwarrior wrote:

-Sniping is like hunting, you must stalk you target, know his every move, and exactly at the right time pull the trigger
    - You must be in a concealed position, and use you enviornment to your advantage

Remember stalk your prey tirelessly and emerge from where you are least expected and take the shot.

haha i loved the way u put it great job if i could rate it would b 5 stars haha funny but all true since i am a sharpshooter
    the_cooch
    sniping is so much fun laying in the grass where noone can see you then you hear that head shot sound boom tink and all they saw was the mussle flash but your already gone to another favorite sniper spot
    sniping takes far more skill in this game than rushing. racking up a huge kill count probably is not going to happen as a sniper.

if you want a ton of kills go mp40 dual mags juggernaut steady aim.
    Crontle
    My best kill streak is with a sniper rifle (only 24 but I am not great).  I think it just comes down to luck though.  I had a great view of a choke point on cliffside and the opposition just kept flooding through it.  It was a turkey shoot, then you get artillary and dogs and kills just rack up.  I only died because I ran out of ammo and had to leave my sheltered position.
    DARKAZTECKNIGHT
    I love sniping its the best. I didnt start sniping till 6th prestige in call of duty 4. From there I fell in love with it. I have to accomplish all my weopens so I might not use it as much as I like.
    rustymuffin
    stay awat from tank-heads? i'll try!

btw, thx for the tips. i'm trying to start sniping, so this will help me.
    JSARG123
    my tactic is to snipe as if u were sniping urself so that way ur just thinking the person was sniping u, so ur forced to make better and smarter decisions/shots.
    Lonesomeraver

CODbeastwarrior wrote:

I seem to suck with the springfield once i have completed the challenge im going back to the ptrs-41 only prob with the ptrs is the low ammo even with bandolier theres not much ammo and having to give up perk 1
    LicEnsEd To KiLL

CODbeastwarrior wrote:

I respectfully disagree...
    Personally, I strive to be faster and more accurate than the other guy..
    Run 'n gun with your sniper... it's pretty fun.
    http://www.wegame.com/watch/CoD_W_W_Vid/#
    AesopSkate

Lonesomeraver wrote:

CODbeastwarrior wrote:

I seem to suck with the springfield once i have completed the challenge im going back to the ptrs-41 only prob with the ptrs is the low ammo even with bandolier theres not much ammo and having to give up perk 1

Yeh, I used to use bandolier but there's better use for perk 1 instead.

Btw, do you play Core TDM? I think I played with you a few days ago, recognise the name...
    Misterkristo
    mosin (l) in my top 5 ^^
    LuckyStrike_Mark
    The Art of Sniping is to have intel on your target, take the shot form as far away as possible and never miss.
    Then move on to the next target.
    Lonesomeraver

AesopSkate wrote:

Lonesomeraver wrote:

CODbeastwarrior wrote:

Yeh, I used to use bandolier but there's better use for perk 1 instead.

Btw, do you play Core TDM? I think I played with you a few days ago, recognise the name...

Yeah i only only play core tdm not good enough for hctdm yet but i will give it a go sometime
    AesopSkate

Lonesomeraver wrote:

Yeah i only only play core tdm not good enough for hctdm yet but i will give it a go sometime

Ach its really just the same thing dude with more damage and less GUI. If you're a sniper on HC it can be a hell of a lot easier as it takes far less to take people down instead of if you misfire first time round and you have to hit them a 2nd or 3rd time. But yeh, I prefer core :P

JSARG123 wrote:

my tactic is to snipe as if u were sniping urself so that way ur just thinking the person was sniping u, so ur forced to make better and smarter decisions/shots.

This.

It's so true. 

I love sniping, i find it quite relaxing as people are running and gunning like mad chickens and I'm just looking for the stupidest chicken out there, the kind who comes out to the centre of Cliffside, or the one in the raised hut in Makin etc. etc. Ahhhh, it's almost too easy.

My advice......

i.Once you kill, move!  That dead guy is coming back for revenge, and he knows where you are.

ii.Bettys are almost a must, save you from checking every direction like a paranoid lunatic.

iii. Always be patient before shooting, don't just shoot at anything, be 100% sure they're gonna die.

iv. Don't go for the obvious spots, other snipers KNOW you're gonna be there.
    ryno101

CODbeastwarrior wrote:

you forgot 1........ LAAAAAAAAAAAAG
    s1mug
    sit at the back of the map, dont help your team and dont go for the objective.
    Beoria
    I love sniping 2 weapons of my top 5 are bolt action, more than 10,000 kills with bolt action rifles here are some advices
    Stopping Power is a must it really improve your game
    Dont use Bandolier the pressure of having only 15 bullets make wonders every bullet count
    Use the scope only to shoot not to search for enemies
    Dont use overkill learn to use your pistol however you should pick up the weapons you see

In a fight between snipers the most important thing is the position, in second place is the aim and in third how fast you pull the trigger

What I do is kill three use recon and move according where is the enemy when the recon ends are two paths first return to the spot already protected with betties until a teammate gets another recon or grab a weapon and rush for the 1 or 2 kills needed for dogs.
    CODbeastwarrior

smeltzerinho wrote:

JSARG123 wrote:

This.

It's so true. 

I love sniping, i find it quite relaxing as people are running and gunning like mad chickens and I'm just looking for the stupidest chicken out there, the kind who comes out to the centre of Cliffside, or the one in the raised hut in Makin etc. etc. Ahhhh, it's almost too easy.

My advice......

i.Once you kill, move!  That dead guy is coming back for revenge, and he knows where you are.

ii.Bettys are almost a must, save you from checking every direction like a paranoid lunatic.

iii. Always be patient before shooting, don't just shoot at anything, be 100% sure they're gonna die.

iv. Don't go for the obvious spots, other snipers KNOW you're gonna be there.

Yeah, i find it relaxing. It is a lot less hectic than just running around.