25 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2009 8:42 AM by splittinwigs RSS

MP40 is NOT an overpowered gun

ive killed fools who were using the mp40 and they barely hit me. as is with every gun, it depends on how you use it. its not like the mp40 has some kind of poison bullet that when it wounds you you just die. if youre shooting someone through a wall or face-to-face, youre bound to kill him, but thats not always true
  • Re: MP40 is NOT an overpowered gun
    jewellsz
    I agree with you.  I do think that it has a bit to much hip fire accuracy, but it is in the game and therefor part of it.  I personally like the Carbine now.
    UwR II Mafia

branded soldier wrote:

ive killed fools who were using the mp40 and they barely hit me. as is with every gun, it depends on how you use it. its not like the mp40 has some kind of poison bullet that when it wounds you you just die. if youre shooting someone through a wall or face-to-face, youre bound to kill him, but thats not always true

1 hit headshot with stopping power on core, what other gun dose that but bolt actions?
    FOR GOD SAKE IT IS A SMG IT DOSE NOT NEED TO BE THAT POWERFUL.

branded soldier wrote:

Well thats why lol cause they are fools lol its ok i dont use the MP40 anymore anyway I love the mosin Nagant right now..

UwR II Mafia wrote:

1 hit headshot with stopping power on core, what other gun dose that but bolt actions?

See here is my problem with that statement If I shot you in the head I would hope one bullet would kill you otherwise im running cause you just took a bullet to the dome and are still walking lol super man.
    UwR II Mafia

Kotakid91 wrote:

UwR II Mafia wrote:

See here is my problem with that statement If I shot you in the head I would hope one bullet would kill you otherwise im running cause you just took a bullet to the dome and are still walking lol super man.

Well you get the point though...
    lol i was just trying to be a smart ass.
    RRIVAL
    Ohhh Goodie, another MP1000x thread!

UwR II Mafia wrote:

branded soldier wrote:

precisely why i dont play core.
    If the OP is trying to say the MP40 is equivalent to the Thompson, Type 100, and Ppsh, I'm going to 1-star this thread...

Oh wait, I already did.

MrMerc Man Sir wrote:

If the OP is trying to say the MP40 is equivalent to the Thompson, Type 100, and Ppsh, I'm going to 1-star this thread...

Oh wait, I already did.

power to the people?

branded soldier wrote:

UwR II Mafia wrote:

branded soldier wrote:

precisely why i dont play core.

What are you talking about? You just said it's not an overpowered gun...?

Again, why is it that you don't play core?
    its not an overpowered gun, but when combined with a perk that gives it X amount of damage more, then it becomes the ultimate weapon for noobtubes. i play on HC and it doesnt matter if u have juggernaut or whatever, if i shoot you , youre dead

branded soldier wrote:

its not an overpowered gun, but when combined with a perk that gives it X amount of damage more, then it becomes the ultimate weapon for noobtubes. i play on HC and it doesnt matter if u have juggernaut or whatever, if i shoot you , youre dead

It's an overpowered gun because your average player weilding an MP40 w/ stopping power will typically **** a player of equivalent skill using a different SMG w/ stopping power. You play HC because it's an overpowered gun.

It's also an overpowered gun because it ***** w/o stopping power.
    Xx Archetype xX

branded soldier wrote:

Ha your crazy then, because when I pick it up & use it, I'm almost untouchable with it. If you cant see the diffence between the mp40 & any other gun then you must be useing the mp40 all the time. Trust me, I hardly ever use it but when I do its an easy 7 kill streak.
    BleachedWorm

MrMerc Man Sir wrote:

branded soldier wrote:

It's an overpowered gun because your average player weilding an MP40 w/ stopping power will typically **** a player of equivalent skill using a different SMG w/ stopping power. You play HC because it's an overpowered gun.

It's also an overpowered gun because it ***** w/o stopping power.

I'm pretty sure most people play hardcore because it is more fun.  All guns are on an equal field.  On any map a player can get raped by a bolt action, rifle, sub, shotty, or HMG.  There is a whole new world of possibility.  If someone went to play hardcore just because of one gun, then that person is in a sad state.
    MpWhoreTyKiller
    I don't give a damn, use the Mp40 and hope to God,Jesus, Allah, the Devil, whoever that your decent with that gun cause if not I'll put you to shame quick-like.
    satviaman

Xx Archetype xX wrote:

branded soldier wrote:

Ha your crazy then, because when I pick it up & use it, I'm almost untouchable with it. If you cant see the diffence between the mp40 & any other gun then you must be useing the mp40 all the time. Trust me, I hardly ever use it but when I do its an easy 7 kill streak.

Untouchable? lol doubt that

#
    BleachedWorm - I don't find hardcore more fun, I find very boring... full of people camping in a place all game...    Not as many people to kill, slower paced - i'm sure that why it is not as popular as core

And on the larger maps the smg's get owned by rifles and bolt actions!!
    ha ha ha...
    Yes it's in the game and yes it is powerful, not overpowered...just powerful, treyarch has already said many times it is the powerful gun of cod:waw, but that doesn't mean make the gun what it isn't. They tested guns out and made them accurate and that's just how it is.
    owenmurray

satviaman wrote:

Not as many people to kill, slower paced - i'm sure that why it is not as popular as core

you are so very wrong about hardcore :L

satviaman

owenmurray wrote:

satviaman wrote:

Not as many people to kill, slower paced - i'm sure that why it is not as popular as core

you are so very wrong about hardcore :L

I might be, but it is slower paced, there are not as many people to kill, and its not as popular as core - true story
    aydonmill

jewellsz wrote:

I agree with you.  I do think that it has a bit to much hip fire accuracy, but it is in the game and therefor part of it.  I personally like the Carbine now.

Carbine kicks some major @$$. I can't wait until I get it again.
    MP40 IS over powered, i got shot in the chest once (one bullet) while I had full health and still died from it.
    Look at the power Treyarch gave it though. . . it has the same power as the mosin nagant.

Munkey Guner wrote:

Look at the power Treyarch gave it though. . . it has the same power as the mosin nagant.

Says the Munkey w/4499 kills.....