16 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2012 7:37 PM by jb66519 RSS

To Treyarch - Please Read

onetougholdcoot@comcast.net
Dear Treyarch,

I didn't think I'd like the WWII version of COD after playing COD4 Modern Warfare(my very first version of COD) but I was wrong. This is a really great game, one of the best FPS games to date. I only play PS3 games for their online play. I don't care about playing against AI. When I started playing COD WAW there were well over 100,000+ players online...tons of matches and lots of clans. Now I'm lucky if I find 50,000 players online and matches are more often than not finished with only 3 or 4 players on a team...a real bummer. What do I attribute it to? Well, the same reason I rarely play this game anymore...and why, when I do, I don't enjoy it anymore.  It's the cheating...the lag switching, the modded controllers, the glitchers. When I first started playing there were lots of guys with really great skills(something I admire and appreciate)and only an occasional cheater...but now there are less and less skill players and more and more cheaters. It's nothing to face 2, 3 or 4 of them in a single match. It's easy to tell who they are. They'll try to tell you they aren't cheating...that you're just mistaking it for skill, but when you see them jerking on your screen when everyone else on their team isn't...and you empty your whole gun into them with not a single hit(no white x) and then they turn and shoot you while you're reloading....well, it's just time to quit. Most games end with a connection interruption or poor connection message. I'm not a great player by any sense of the imagination but I'm not a bad player either. I just like a fair chance. I've had guys with great skill kill me 7 or 8 times in a match. I tip my hat to them. Cheaters on the other hand are thieves. They steal from you...suck all the fun out of this great game. I have no respect for cheaters and it's obvious they have no respect for the game or other players. They just laugh at you while they're padding their stats. Oh, btw...there's nothing wrong with my connection. I have high speed cable that has been boosted plus a superfast gaming router. I've had my connection tested. Bottom line...is there anything you can do about the out-of-control cheating in online play? If not, I'm probably going to end up as one of the 40,000+ who've quit playing this game. It's just not fun anymore. I hate it that I feel this way but I do. Thanks for listening.
  • Re: To Treyarch - Please Read
    daHawk
    it's been like this for many months.
    onetougholdcoot@comcast.net

daHawk wrote:

it's been like this for many months.

And that's about as long as I've not been playing this game very much at all anymore. What a shame. I'd like to play all the cheaters in a LAN match controlled by Treyarch. Then we'd see who did the laughing. Cheaters=LOSERS...no skill, no talent, no integrity...yet we allow them to do what they do...steal from us and laugh about it. It's just time for me to move on. I'm through giving them the satisfaction.
    hornswoggled
    I couldn't even read this.

Break your story into small paragraphs so it's easier to read.
    Horrorman
    i agree with you in some points, but the main reason why this game is nearly unplayable is -> LAG
    eXar_kUn_69
    A PSN wide punkbuster would help with the cheaters.

But like Horror said you will always have LAG.
    Maverick_Ian
    Speaking from the heart. You voice the opinion of the shared masses. I really wish they would address the aforementioned problem, I wish.
    Dudditz
    Agreed and well said!! Have some *'s!!
    Cfinsane_
    well I think theyre going to remove this message to but Ill try .. I agree with  some point snot with all.. there are some cheaters but not that many like U said.. the big point is LAG lag ruins this whole game.. I shoot a whole clip on someone hew truns around on low sensitivity and he kills me with 1 bullet..But 1 thing I dont understand.. why do you all keep buying activisiongames?you know they have cheap servers and you know its unplayable because of that.. same as mw2 everybody gets a hard D**K from that game?? why?? you know they have cheap servers.. as long as we keep buying activision products they wont listen to us.. It might help when we stop buying all these games so we get dedicated servers.. they advertise with "best shooter online" they better change it to "best lag online" or "we make millions out of you and dont give u good servers online" I know the moderators are going to remove because they are scared to face the truth.. nice job working for a company like this btw :S

more to the point on this- Game companies really don't want to support a game they aren't making money on. Like it or not, we get the use of servers for free after we've bought the game. The company makes money by selling you a NEW game. Not by investing money in dedicated servers that bring in no financial return. Like it or not, it's still a business.

You want dedicated, you have to play a game that offers them insted of belly aching.

I could point out that you CAN system link your 360s with your friends.......

What I would rather see IW/Treyarch etc do is actually sell me a COMPLETE game that I'll be able to play even after 360 support on xbox live ends.  Ya know, give me AI bots I can play against on the multiplayer maps. I'd like to see ALL of the maps from all COD games available in one playlist. I'd like to see some really big maps with vehicle and aircraft combat enabled. Some other things like these.

Horrorman

Cfinsane_ wrote:

well I think theyre going to remove this message to but Ill try .. I agree with  some point snot with all.. there are some cheaters but not that many like U said.. the big point is LAG lag ruins this whole game.. I shoot a whole clip on someone hew truns around on low sensitivity and he kills me with 1 bullet..But 1 thing I dont understand.. why do you all keep buying activisiongames?you know they have cheap servers and you know its unplayable because of that.. same as mw2 everybody gets a hard D**K from that game?? why?? you know they have cheap servers.. as long as we keep buying activision products they wont listen to us.. It might help when we stop buying all these games so we get dedicated servers.. they advertise with "best shooter online" they better change it to "best lag online" or "we make millions out of you and dont give u good servers online" I know the moderators are going to remove because they are scared to face the truth.. nice job working for a company like this btw :S

well said, especially this part
    WinthorpIII
    I couldn't agree more, and probably couldn't have put it any better. Instead of just moaning about the game, you have stated that you once loved it and how things have changed - for the worse. Very well said, 5*...

CoD WaW could and should have been one of the greatest online games to date (and maybe a future online classic) but it isn't, and won't be because of the reasons that you mentioned.

As you said, I also loved playing this game when there are good players online, no connection issues, and especially no cheats. However, recently a game which I loved (and played almost 24/7), I don't play so much anymore. I want to have fun, not frustration!!!

Treyarch and Activision, I hope you read and learn from the OP (and the rest of us who have posted ideas and suggestions), because the way this game has gone (online) is a damn shame.
    The_Bogy
    It's a shame that so many players want to play & love this game, but only to be ignored...

Too many issues & no solutions...

I said it once & I'll say one last time...

RIP W@W...!!!
    Cfinsane_

The_Bogy wrote:

It's a shame that so many players want to play & love this game, but only to be ignored...

Too many issues & no solutions...

I said it once & I'll say one last time...

RIP W@W...!!!

its now a w@w problem its in very activison game take modern warfare,w@w,probably mw2,wolfenstein everything..
    sony has dedicated servers so does EA games.. why is it hard for activision?activision is on of the biggest developers/producers in gameworld is that so hard when u make millions?.. they wont listen to us and they give us nothing..Cod is a nice game dont understand me wrong but its unplayable online.. I stop buying activision games I dont wanna pay any money for crapservers(this game cost me almost 100 euro with the mappacks)and all the other bad things in all these games..
    Elliot_Monk
    STOP SPAMMING these forums :@

he is right! but know you are lucky to find 8000 online! i can leave a looby then go into the same one! there has to be a way treyarch can save this great game!