1 2 3 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2012 8:29 PM by fonto RSS

Call of duty 7: The great war

si and maz
Woudn't it be good if treyarch decided to make thair next game baced upon the first world war. Thair has been so many modern war games and ones that arn't modern all seem to be set in the second world war. I think its time for somthing different. A game like this would give us new enviroments, wepons and veichals. If the story was historicaly baced it would allso give us a idea of what life in the grate war was like. As far as i know their has never been a game set int the first world war, i for one would love get stuck in to probaly the most savage of wars ever faught by man.
   Thoughts pls.
  • 1. Re: Call of duty 7: The grate war
    LJ Parks
    im sorry but no,
    maybe the gulf war or similar buh lets ever go back =)
  • 2. Re: Call of duty 7: The grate war
    post6667
    WW1 would be cool but i think a Vietnam game would be cool.
  • 3. Re: Call of duty 7: The grate war
    si and maz
    Vietnam would also be good but it dose not have the same scail so i think it would be limited. To veiw trench warfair from 1st person would be compleatly mental!!
  • 4. Re: Call of duty 7: The grate war
    Stasis Blue
    World War 1 was basically people in trenchs and so few people know the story to it it'd be very confusing. Vietnam is a better choice, there were more handheld weapons and more of a controversial story.
  • 5. Re: Call of duty 7: The grate war
    si and maz
    WW1 was alot more than just trench warfair. It was a masivly complex war faught by many countries. The fact that knowone knows much about it would be a massive reason to make this game. Most familys lost members during this war, my grate grandad died at the battle for som. We all should know more about it. It was allso the first fully mechinized war faught with tanks, automatic wepons and masive artilary. At the start of the war the french still used cavalry and actualy ran them at german tanks, as you might guess they all died.
    Wars would never be the same again.  So if you think this war was not a interesting think again, this is when most modern war tactics were formed including the use of air support.  Ok the plains were mostly used for recon and when they attaked troops the did it with mettle darts wich the through over the edge of the plane. Sounds tame but their were reports of solders being virtualy cut in half when hit by them. Visualy the enviroments would be awsome if translated into a game.
  • 6. Re: Call of duty 7: The grate war
    Ops R4ng3r

si and maz wrote:

WW1 was alot more than just trench warfair. It was a masivly complex war faught by many countries. The fact that knowone knows much about it would be a massive reason to make this game. Most familys lost members during this war, my grate grandad died at the battle for som. We all should know more about it. It was allso the first fully mechinized war faught with tanks, automatic wepons and masive artilary. At the start of the war the french still used cavalry and actualy ran them at german tanks, as you might guess they all died.
    Wars would never be the same again.  So if you think this war was not a interesting think again, this is when most modern war tactics were formed including the use of air support.  Ok the plains were mostly used for recon and when they attaked troops the did it with mettle darts wich the through over the edge of the plane. Sounds tame but their were reports of solders being virtualy cut in half when hit by them. Visualy the enviroments would be awsome if translated into a game.

Whats a Grate? Like. Your grandfather is a Grate?
  • 7. Re: Call of duty 7: The grate war
    RippedApartHeart
    Well I think a WW1 game would be pretty cool
  • 8. Re: Call of duty 7: The grate war
    Aerohank
    I think WW1 would be epic. But only if they make it like it was back then (read: horrible).
  • 9. Re: Call of duty 7: The grate war
    VonKriegerstien
    First off, it's spelled great. A grate is what you find covering a sewer or what a lot of these threads do to my nerves. Second, WWI was primarily trench warfare, and there wasn't enough variety in guns to make a good multiplayer game out of it. Everyone would have either bolt action and or shotgun and that would be about it. Aside from sidearms of course.
1 2 3 Previous Next