40 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2010 2:38 PM by SoylentBob RSS

40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless

iidarkshadowoo
Do you really think it was fake? You think the technologies and launches today just came up? They had to have some sort of foundation, where it all started...

The whole Moon Hoax was brought up by FOX (on February 15th when Fox television aired a program called Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon?) in a premiere to bring in some viewer ratings...FOX! I shouldn't have to explain any more, because cmon'...it's FOX!!!
But sadly and unfortunately I must
The best rebuttal to allegations of a "Moon Hoax," however, is common sense. Evidence that the Apollo program really happened is compelling: A dozen astronauts (laden with cameras) walked on the Moon between 1969 and 1972. Nine of them are still alive and can testify to their experience. They didn't return from the Moon empty-handed, either. Just as Columbus carried a few hundred natives back to Spain as evidence of his trip to the New World, Apollo astronauts brought 841 pounds of Moon rock home to Earth.

You know how to make moon rocks? Well...you just, wait, that's right, you can't!! :o

Thank you for the time that you shouldn't have wasted because of those knickers trying to confuse you and what not.

Eidt: I no longer feel like the thread stated was useless, actually it was quite fun it was, (I don't know why but I'm tall-king like a Brith-esh man I am


Part 2:
According to the show NASA was a blundering movie producer thirty years ago. For example, Conspiracy Theory pundits pointed out a seeming discrepancy in Apollo imagery: Pictures of astronauts transmitted from the Moon don't include stars in the dark lunar sky -- an obvious production error! What happened? Did NASA film-makers forget to turn on the constellations?

Most photographers already know the answer: It's difficult to capture something very bright and something else very dim on the same piece of film -- typical emulsions don't have enough "dynamic range." Astronauts striding across the bright lunar soil in their sunlit spacesuits were literally dazzling. Setting a camera with the proper exposure for a glaring spacesuit would naturally render background stars too faint to see.


Part 3:
Here's another one: Pictures of Apollo astronauts erecting a US flag on the Moon show the flag bending and rippling. How can that be? After all, there's no breeze on the Moon....

Not every waving flag needs a breeze -- at least not in space. When astronauts were planting the flagpole they rotated it back and forth to better penetrate the lunar soil (anyone who's set a blunt tent-post will know how this works). So of course the flag waved! Unfurling a piece of rolled-up cloth with stored angular momentum will naturally result in waves and ripples -- no breeze required!


Part 4:
Fortunately not all of the evidence needs a degree in chemistry or geology to appreciate. An average person holding a Moon rock in his or her hand can plainly see that the specimen came from another world.

"Apollo moon rocks are peppered with tiny craters from meteoroid impacts," explains McKay. This could only happen to rocks from a planet with little or no atmosphere... like the Moon.

Meteoroids are nearly-microscopic specks of comet dust that fly through space at speeds often exceeding 50,000 mph -- ten times faster than a speeding bullet. They pack a considerable punch, but they're also extremely fragile. Meteoroids that strike Earth's atmosphere disintegrate in the rarefied air above our stratosphere. (Every now and then on a dark night you can see one -- they're called meteors.) But the Moon doesn't have an atmosphere to protect it. The tiny space bullets can plow directly into Moon rocks, forming miniature and unmistakable craters.

  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    SoylentBob
    Common sense says that FOX did not invent a new conspiracy by airing a show. The first book dedicated to the subject was released in 1974. 20 years later, a book by Andrew Chaikin states at the time of Apollo 8's lunar-orbit mission in December 1968 similar conspiracy ideas were already in circulation.

    NASA's Genuine FAKE Moon Rocks (They admit it!)
    http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/images/content/82276main_s81-33961.jpg

    Most photographers already know you can fake shots.

    No breeze required DOES NOT mean there was no breeze.

    Part 4 belongs under Part 2.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    iidarkshadowoo

    SoylentBob wrote:

     

    Common sense says that FOX did not invent a new conspiracy by airing a show. The first book dedicated to the subject was released in 1974. 20 years later, a book by Andrew Chaikin states at the time of Apollo 8's lunar-orbit mission in December 1968 similar conspiracy ideas were already in circulation.

    NASA's Genuine FAKE Moon Rocks (They admit it!)
    http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/images/content/82276main_s81-33961.jpg

    Most photographers already know you can fake shots.

    No breeze required DOES NOT mean there was no breeze.

    Part 4 belongs under Part 2.



    Just as meteoroids constantly bombard the Moon so do cosmic rays, and they leave their fingerprints on Moon rocks, too. "There are isotopes in Moon rocks, isotopes we don't normally find on Earth, that were created by nuclear reactions with the highest-energy cosmic rays," says Dr. David McKay, Chief Scientist for Planetary Science and Exploration at NASA's Johnson Space Center. Earth is spared from such radiation by our protective atmosphere and magnetosphere.

    Even if scientists wanted to make something like a Moon rock by, say, bombarding an Earth rock with high energy atomic nuclei, they couldn't. Earth's most powerful particle accelerators can't energize particles to match the most potent cosmic rays, which are themselves accelerated in supernova blastwaves and in the violent cores of galaxies.

    A breeze required means no breeze required, I don't know anything else to say to that, it's pretty straightfoward...it's like saying "An oak tree that needs carbon dioxide to live, doesn't mean it needs carbon dioxide."
    Nice pictures, nice site-hard proof...ummm, nah. Go get an education, go get a moon rock, use science, and study it.
    You haven't proved anything, probably because it's kind of hard to prove thr truth wrong. But obviously for you it's easy for people like yourselves to make the truth seem like it's not genuine.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing
    SoylentBob

    ii darkshadow oO wrote:

     




    Just as meteoroids constantly bombard the Moon so do cosmic rays, and they leave their fingerprints on Moon rocks, too. "There are isotopes in Moon rocks, isotopes we don't normally find on Earth, that were created by nuclear reactions with the highest-energy cosmic rays," says Dr. David McKay, Chief Scientist for Planetary Science and Exploration at NASA's Johnson Space Center. Earth is spared from such radiation by our protective atmosphere and magnetosphere.

    Even if scientists wanted to make something like a Moon rock by, say, bombarding an Earth rock with high energy atomic nuclei, they couldn't. Earth's most powerful particle accelerators can't energize particles to match the most potent cosmic rays, which are themselves accelerated in supernova blastwaves and in the violent cores of galaxies.

    A breeze required means no breeze required, I don't know anything else to say to that, it's pretty straightfoward...it's like saying "An oak tree that needs carbon dioxide to live, doesn't mean it needs carbon dioxide."
    Nice pictures, nice site-hard proof...ummm, nah. Go get an education, go get a moon rock, use science, and study it.
    You haven't proved anything, probably because it's kind of hard to prove thr truth wrong. But obviously for you it's easy for people like yourselves to make the truth seem like it's not genuine.



    You and your fictitious scientists have no doubt been beyond the Mohorovičić discontinuity then? You have divined the composition of Earth's Lower Mantel? You know for a fact the isotopes you don't normally find are from space?

    What you need to say is what was said. "No breeze required DOES NOT mean there was no breeze." You stated you didn't need a breeze to wave a flag. True. That does not mean there was not a breeze. The Earth is moving; that does not mean the Moon is not moving; it just means the Earth is moving.

    Go get a Moon rock? Did it ever occur to you why NASA has fake Moon rocks on display? Maybe if you had an education you'd know. It's NASA's site and NASA's fake Moon rocks. What does it prove? It proves NASA can and does fake Moon rocks.
    http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/images/content/82276main_s81-33961.jpg
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    iidarkshadowoo

    SoylentBob wrote:

     

    ii darkshadow oO wrote:

     




    Just as meteoroids constantly bombard the Moon so do cosmic rays, and they leave their fingerprints on Moon rocks, too. "There are isotopes in Moon rocks, isotopes we don't normally find on Earth, that were created by nuclear reactions with the highest-energy cosmic rays," says Dr. David McKay, Chief Scientist for Planetary Science and Exploration at NASA's Johnson Space Center. Earth is spared from such radiation by our protective atmosphere and magnetosphere.

    Even if scientists wanted to make something like a Moon rock by, say, bombarding an Earth rock with high energy atomic nuclei, they couldn't. Earth's most powerful particle accelerators can't energize particles to match the most potent cosmic rays, which are themselves accelerated in supernova blastwaves and in the violent cores of galaxies.

    A breeze required means no breeze required, I don't know anything else to say to that, it's pretty straightfoward...it's like saying "An oak tree that needs carbon dioxide to live, doesn't mean it needs carbon dioxide."
    Nice pictures, nice site-hard proof...ummm, nah. Go get an education, go get a moon rock, use science, and study it.
    You haven't proved anything, probably because it's kind of hard to prove thr truth wrong. But obviously for you it's easy for people like yourselves to make the truth seem like it's not genuine.



    You and your fictitious scientists have no doubt been beyond the Mohorovičić discontinuity then? You have divined the composition of Earth's Lower Mantel? You know for a fact the isotopes you don't normally find are from space?

    What you need to say is what was said. "No breeze required DOES NOT mean there was no breeze." You stated you didn't need a breeze to wave a flag. True. That does not mean there was not a breeze. The Earth is moving; that does not mean the Moon is not moving; it just means the Earth is moving.

    Go get a Moon rock? Did it ever occur to you why NASA has fake Moon rocks on display? Maybe if you had an education you'd know. It's NASA's site and NASA's fake Moon rocks. What does it prove? It proves NASA can and does fake Moon rocks.
    http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/images/content/82276main_s81-33961.jpg



    What you mean some rocks on display as models for tourists to look at to see what they are really like? Okay, I'll believe that. But it was impossible to create fake moon rocks back then, and it's hardly possible today. YOU CANNOT PROVE THAT WRONG, YOU ARE WRONG, THE CONSPIRACY WAS WRONG, THE WHOLE FLAG THING IS ONLY A MINOR THEORY THAT CAN GO EITHER WAY.

    GO PLAY WITH YOUR TOY MOON ROCKS AND GTFO, THIS WORLD AND SOCIETY DOESN'T NEED YOU, SCIENCE IS WHAT HAS BROUGHT YOU HERE TODAY, SCIENCE DOESN'T NEED YOU. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE ONLY HOLDING BACK THE PROGRESS OF HUMANITY. FINE, DON'T BELEIVE THERE WAS ONE BIG STEP FOR MAN-KIND, CONGRATS IF THAT WASN'T TRUE, AND WHAT HAS THAT DONE FOR YOU, BECAUSE IT'S DONE EVEN MORE FOR OTHER PEOPLE SO F*CK OFF!
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    jedimastershark
    ii darkshadow oO, I'm about to do teh biggest favor one CODHQ OT forum member can do for another, I'm going to stop you from angering teh Soybob.
    Trust me, messing with Soybob is like walking up 1-95 in Miami in teh wrong direction while blind folded on national no speed limit day. Its just an all round bad idea!

    Forum Jedi, OUT

  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    iidarkshadowoo

    JediMaster Shark wrote:

     

    ii darkshadow oO, I'm about to do teh biggest favor one CODHQ OT forum member can do for another, I'm going to stop you from angering teh Soybob.
    Trust me, messing with Soybob is like walking up 1-95 in Miami in teh wrong direction while blind folded on national no speed limit day. Its just an all round bad idea!

    Forum Jedi, OUT



    I-95 in Miami...are you from Miami?
    And anger? Oooo, I'm scared of him, but I don't see the point in going any further with him because...---http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3223/arguing3qa.jpg
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    jedimastershark

    ii darkshadow oO wrote:

     

    JediMaster Shark wrote:

     

    ii darkshadow oO, I'm about to do teh biggest favor one CODHQ OT forum member can do for another, I'm going to stop you from angering teh Soybob.
    Trust me, messing with Soybob is like walking up 1-95 in Miami in teh wrong direction while blind folded on national no speed limit day. Its just an all round bad idea!

    Forum Jedi, OUT



    I-95 in Miami...are you from Miami?
    And anger? Oooo, I'm scared of him, but I don't see the point in going any further with him because...---http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3223/arguing3qa.jpg



    I'm not surprised that you are not heading my warning. I shall now take my leave, but remember the ultimatum I issued to you, cease fire or you will regret it...

    *Exits*

  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    Byzantine Bomb
    I think I'll stay and watch this. *Begins popping popcorn*
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    jedimastershark
    *Steps back in*
    Hey Byzantine Bomb, you wanna record it?
    *tosses HD-Video Camera*
    Have fun
    *Exits... Again*

  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    iidarkshadowoo

    JediMaster Shark wrote:

     

    ii darkshadow oO wrote:

     

    JediMaster Shark wrote:

     

    ii darkshadow oO, I'm about to do teh biggest favor one CODHQ OT forum member can do for another, I'm going to stop you from angering teh Soybob.
    Trust me, messing with Soybob is like walking up 1-95 in Miami in teh wrong direction while blind folded on national no speed limit day. Its just an all round bad idea!

    Forum Jedi, OUT



    I-95 in Miami...are you from Miami?
    And anger? Oooo, I'm scared of him, but I don't see the point in going any further with him because...---http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3223/arguing3qa.jpg



    I'm not surprised that you are not heading my warning. I shall now take my leave, but remember the ultimatum I issued to you, cease fire or you will regret it...

    *Exits*



    I guess the sentence "but I don't see the point in going any further with him," doesn't fall into that category, does it...
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    iidarkshadowoo

    JediMaster Shark wrote:

     

    *Steps back in*
    Hey Byzantine Bomb, you wanna record it?
    *tosses HD-Video Camera*
    Have fun
    *Exits... Again*



    Ha, jokes on you, Bomb has a Mac and that camera won't work on it.

    *Locks the door*
    Okay, now it's just me, Bob, and Byzantine Bomb, and of course these guys>>
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    Byzantine Bomb
    F*ck this Mac, I hate this house and it's foolish inhabitants. DAMN MY COUSINS. Why couldn't this post have been made sooner, WHEN I WAS ON MY PC!?!
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    jedimastershark
    *Care package fall through ceiling*
    Note attached: Here's a free PC and Apple compatible cameras, pick which ever you want
    Sincerly,
    • YMCA Spec. Ops. Division Director

  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    iidarkshadowoo

    JediMaster Shark wrote:

     

    *Care package fall through ceiling*
    Note attached: Here's a free PC and Apple compatible cameras, pick which ever you want
    Sincerly,

    • YMCA Spec. Ops. Division Director



    See, SEE!!! This is why care packages are cheap!
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    Byzantine Bomb
    Care Packages just make it easier to find the enemy. and d*uchebags,
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    GoldonArRow
    The Moon Landing Conspiracy is just like the 9/11 conspiritists...they are dumbasses.

    Sorry Soy, but you are W-R-O-N-G.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    Byzantine Bomb
    I agree. Good to see you Goldon, it's been awhile.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    GoldonArRow

    Byzantine Bomb wrote:

     

    I agree. Good to see you Goldon, it's been awhile.


    I've been posting, you've just been looking in the wrong threads.

    I am appauled by both conspiritists, they are idiots.

    No offense Soy.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    Byzantine Bomb
    I suppose I have been.
    On the subject of conspiracy theories...who killed JFK?
    Me thinks it was the government.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    GoldonArRow

    Byzantine Bomb wrote:

     

    :( I suppose I have been.
    On the subject of conspiracy theories...who killed JFK?
    Me thinks it was the government.



    Those people are just stupid, not really offending...

    Well I'm off to play my new shiny copy of Uncharted 2.  See ya.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    majorrodriguez

    GoldonArRow wrote:

     

    Byzantine Bomb wrote:

     

    :( I suppose I have been.
    On the subject of conspiracy theories...who killed JFK?
    Me thinks it was the government.



    Those people are just stupid, not really offending...

    Well I'm off to play my new shiny copy of Uncharted 2.  See ya.


    The whole game is epically awesome. Have fun!
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    reaper2792

    GoldonArRow wrote:

     

    The Moon Landing Conspiracy is just like the 9/11 conspiritists...they are dumbasses.

    Sorry Soy, but you are W-R-O-N-G.




    you mean the conspiracy that terrorists crashed into the towers? Yea, that is pretty far-fetched.

    As for the moon, no way have we landed there. Just like no other nation ever has. I appreciate the time Darkshadow spent on a good arguement, but it just doesnt add up. There is no valid proof of the landing. There may be a few old geezers saying that they went there, but they are getting paid to say that. They lived a life of no worries because they lied for the government. If you were offered to get everything you ever wanted, wouldnt you make some stuff up. Heck, after 40 years they probably talked themselves into believing they were actually there.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    manogman3
    Ahhh i dont care about the moon now.

    Thats at least until it's a full moon.

    Then things happen
    Things i cant talk about in public
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing
    SoylentBob

    GoldonArRow wrote:

     

    No offense Soy.


    None taken. You're allowed to think people are idiots. Thinking they're idiots doesn't validate your point though. I'd just like to see people have valid reasons for their beliefs.

    Jedi, thanks for the support.

    So the OP has conceded that NASA puts out fake Moon rocks for the public, but he cannot grasp that anything else NASA says is fake. How does he know what the "real" Moon rocks are like? Did he test them personally?
    Let's say the Moon rocks contain rare isotopes. They are rare: improbable but not impossible.
    Let's say the Moon rocks are genuine extra-terrestrial rocks. Rocks fall to Earth from space all the time. It would not be difficult for a government agency to round up a few specimens.
    Why should this be any different than someone (or even an organization such as a church) claiming to have a piece of the True Cross or the Holy Grail? Even if these were genuine artifacts, would it matter if Jesus was not divine?

    How long has science been around? Mankind did fine for thousands of years before science. Mankind colonized the world before the Industrial Revolution. You might as well thank Al Gore for us all being here since he inventored teh interwebz.

    If you believe in the reality of the Moon landing, then you must believe in the reality of Santa Claus.

    According to NASA, Santa Claus exists. NASA tracks Santa Claus every Christmas. NASA has even interviewed Santa Claus to discuss his delivery plans when man colonizes the rest of the solar system.

    If you're going to believe what NASA says, then believe what NASA says. You don't get to pick and choose which NASA facts are real if you want NASA to be a credible source. NASA says there's a Santa and NASA says we went to the Moon, not NASA says there's a Santa or we went to the Moon.

    Interplanetary Christmas
    In an exclusive interview with Science@NASA, Santa discusses his plans for Christmas on future space colonies
    http://science.nasa.gov/newhome/headlines/ast25dec99_1.htm
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    Byzantine Bomb
    Does believing in the moon landing must mean that you believe in the Easter Bunny too? Or just Santa?
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing
    SoylentBob
    Yes.

    NEEMO 9 Mission Journal
    http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/NEEMO/NEEMO9/mission_journal_14_prt.htm

    "The Easter bunny was good to us and we each received a bag filled with chocolates and little malted milk Easter eggs."
    - Dave Williams

    "The Easter bunny, a.k.a. Scuttle bunny down here on Aquarius, was somewhere out on the reef and needed a ride home. We were happy to provide assistance!"
    - Nicole Stott

    Yes, the picture is a fake Easter Bunny taken underwater.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    -pictureframe-
    Excellent thread, Mr. Darkshadow. I salute you. +5 points. I'd give you +1,000,000,000 points if I could.

    *Applaudes*
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    silent_doom_

    reaper2792 wrote:

     



    As for the moon, no way have we landed there. Just like no other nation ever has. I appreciate the time Darkshadow spent on a good arguement, but it just doesnt add up. There is no valid proof of the landing. There may be a few old geezers saying that they went there, but they are getting paid to say that. They lived a life of no worries because they lied for the government. If you were offered to get everything you ever wanted, wouldnt you make some stuff up. Heck, after 40 years they probably talked themselves into believing they were actually there.




    Lets say we went up to the moon in 2011 and came back with more rocks and videos.  How does that prove we went up there this time?  It's the same things they brought back last time.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing
    SoylentBob
    With technology today, a lot more people could confirm at least a launch into the upper atmosphere. Beyond that, there's no telling if NASA comes back with more rocks you can't touch and videos of sand or actually goes to the Moon. Just when you think such a journey might be possible, BO shuts down the program.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    GoldonArRow
    Soy...if we flew to the moon...let's say tommorow...would you believe we have been to the moon then?

    I know there are articles that disprove every freaking conspiracy about the moon...even I did a activity in 8th grade and disproved them all.

    reaper2792 wrote:

     

    you mean the conspiracy that terrorists crashed into the towers? Yea, that is pretty far-fetched.



    No, the conspiracy that it's an inside job.  Which is even more far-fetched than the moon conspiratists.

    I doubt you agree with soy, and your just trying to look good.

    I doubt soy even thinks this.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing
    SoylentBob
    If we flew or if "we" flew?
    Certainly not.
    Surprise trip to the Moon after Obama cancels program!
    That headline sounds like the cover of Weekly World News.
    Everyone knows the Third Commandment prohibits such long journeys on Saturdays.

    Please, if you cannot prove that man landed on the Moon, then you cannot disprove the claims that man didn't land on the Moon. The burden of proof is on the actor. Switching the conspiracy term around only degrades your case. There is a conspiracy to say that man went to the Moon to cover up government tests or misappropriation of funds or whatever you believe is aided by perpetuating the myth. There is no conspiracy to convince the world man never went to the Moon. There is nothing to be gained, unless you think people are conspiring to learn the truth. There's no dark plot to shut down NASA, because you know the government will find a new way to cover up whatever it's conspiring to cover-up, so there's no counter-conspiracy. You may think you're being clever by trying to turn things around, but it backfires. It's like when women try to switch around bad-driving jokes to reflect on men.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    reaper2792

    GoldonArRow wrote:

     

    Soy...if we flew to the moon...let's say tommorow...would you believe we have been to the moon then?

    I know there are articles that disprove every freaking conspiracy about the moon...even I did a activity in 8th grade and disproved them all.

    [




    im pretty sure Soy and most others would be against what i said. But just like the Moon theory, who really knows. The government could have set it up or the terrorists are to blame. Its just strange that in 9 years the terrorists havent hit our country with anything like that. I travel to NYC weekly, any Joe Shmo can walk into Penn station with a backpack filled with explosives and take the place down, but they don't. So why would they only strike that one time and call it a day? They dont want to rub anything in our faces? Certain camera's showed some strange occurances that day but again, who really knows. The facts of the moon landing just dont add up to an actual occurance. There are too many loose ends in their stories. Maybe they did land but just exagerate everything, maybe they didnt. Its just odd that in 40 years nobody else has been there. NOBODY!
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    GoldonArRow
    Everything is a conspiracy in this world...

    Why some people believe this, idk.  But I'll leave you guys be.

    I don't have time to argue something I already know to be true.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    reaper2792

    GoldonArRow wrote:

     

    Everything is a conspiracy in this world...

    Why some people believe this, idk.  But I'll leave you guys be.

    I don't have time to argue something I already know to be true.




    oh, you were one of the astronauts? thats awesome. And i guess you were in NYC that day too
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    Byzantine Bomb
    Does it ultimatly matter if we did or didn't?
    How will knowing the truth make the world a better place? We'll still be killing each other, enlgihtened or not.
    It's not like there is a need to be on the moon.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    reaper2792

    Byzantine Bomb wrote:

     

    Does it ultimatly matter if we did or didn't?
    How will knowing the truth make the world a better place? We'll still be killing each other, enlgihtened or not.
    It's not like there is a need to be on the moon.




    Well he stated that he knows it was true. Meaning he either has some kind of proof or that he was actually there. That would make a world of difference. If he was there and can prove it, this whole discussion goes out the window and me and Soy will wear 'GoldonArrow is smarter then us' t-shirts. unitl that day the arguement against it being real overpowers all other arguements
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    214_Firestorm

    reaper2792 wrote:

     

    Its just odd that in 40 years nobody else has been there. NOBODY!



    Its not at all odd because there is no real good reason to do so ATM.
    Say even if there happened to be large quanties of gold,
    For every pound brought back it would cost 5 pounds of gold to go get.
    No thats not an exact figure,
    But there are figures available along these same lines for pretty much anything of value that "may" be available on the moon.
    Then that "may" part, cost a fortune to find out one way or the other.

    Water on the other hand is something that could be used on the spot and therefore,
    Worth much more than anything that "may" be found that could be brought back because structures could then be built.

    Not saying one way or the other that people have been there, really dont even care myself.
    But you can bank on it, if water is found and in enough quanties people will be there sooner or later. (unless 2012 kills us all first that is. lol)

    Because it is fact and has way to many witnesses that things are operated in space by man.
    Sorry, thats just fact!
    (Decent camera gear, trajectory data etc one can prove that to themselfs, but yes its gonna cost a few $.
    Has been gone over in the other thread and not disproven, rejected but far from disproven )
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    GoldonArRow

    reaper2792 wrote:

     

    GoldonArRow wrote:

     

    Everything is a conspiracy in this world...

    Why some people believe this, idk.  But I'll leave you guys be.

    I don't have time to argue something I already know to be true.




    oh, you were one of the astronauts? thats awesome. And i guess you were in NYC that day too


    I've read enough stuff about the moon and 9/11 to know that we were there, and terroists flew into the twin towers.

    It's fact.

    Send a conspiracy my way, I'll disprove it.

    As far as I'm concerned I am DONE here.  I don't want to spend time I could be doing something else arguing about stupid conspiracy's.

    As far as I'm concered, this is over.

    Good day.
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless
    Byzantine Bomb
    Good day. Anyone up for checkers?
  • Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing
    SoylentBob

    214_Firestorm wrote:

     



    Its not at all odd because there is no real good reason to do so ATM.
    Say even if there happened to be large quanties of gold,
    For every pound brought back it would cost 5 pounds of gold to go get.
    No thats not an exact figure,
    But there are figures available along these same lines for pretty much anything of value that "may" be available on the moon.
    Then that "may" part, cost a fortune to find out one way or the other.



    Okay, but we just spent $6 Billion on Moon rocket research. We're contractually on the hook for almost $3 Billion more, even though BO canceled the program. Shouldn't we try to bring back a souvenir gold nugget?