12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2010 2:32 AM by Trinity30! RSS

Happy Birthday PS3

Horrorman
Today my PS3 is 3 years old. The release in Europe was 03.23.2007, so i got it on the first day it was released on here :P
Happy Birthday PS3  and I still own my first PS3, only a broken Blu-Ray drive diforced us for 2 weeks :sad:

How many PS3´s did you guys screwed up in this time?
  • Re: Happy Birthday PS3
    GMballistic
    I'm still on my first PS3 with no repairs or any major problems at all (fingers crossed/touch wood). My PS3 is a 40 or possibly 60gb version.....can't even remember now eitherway must be 2 or more years old by now.
    Happy Birthday Horrormans PS3
    Horrorman

GMballistic wrote:

I'm still on my first PS3 with no repairs or any major problems at all (fingers crossed/touch wood). My PS3 is a 40 or possibly 60gb version.....can't even remember now eitherway must be 2 or more years old by now.
    Happy Birthday Horrormans PS3

2 years with no repairs, that´s good as well  the 40 GB models run like hell, if you build in a bigger HDD, they are unbeatable :P
    Original 60 gig, purchased one month after launch.
    2 Failures (One was my fault - my 3 year old liked to see how many games would fit in the slot.  The most I pulled out was 3.  Eventually it stopped reading DVDS/ Games.  Second failure was YLoD.

I am sure it was just trying to keep up with my 360, which RRoD'ed twice.

Oh yeah, our Wii stopped reading discs one month after we bought it, so that got some attention too.
    I still have my original 80GB from 08/01/2008 (almost 2 yrs) and have never had a problem once.  That could be due to luck or to the fact that I don't play it on a consistent basis.
    SoylentBob
    I still have my 250GB Lightning Edition.
    Isn't she pretty in pink?
    Horrorman

SoylentBob wrote:

damned, why do the US guys always get better offers than the European ones :sad: i would like to have such a PS3
    GoldonArRow
    Let's see....4 months old?  Lol.

120 GB Slim
    JUSTTOGREAT
    LOL!!!!! Not even one!! I got it since it released and it runs and runs and runs and....!!
    Ohh...happy birthday,of course!!
    SaMo94-
    My original sixty gigabyte play station three was killed after three glorious years not so long ago, and I replaced it with a brand new slim version, one hundred and twenty gigabyte. And I'm pretty happy so far!

Let the good times roll.
    N8-N
    I've had my 40gb for about a year and a half...
    SoylentBob

Horrorman wrote:

SoylentBob wrote:

damned, why do the US guys always get better offers than the European ones :sad: i would like to have such a PS3

Actually, I don't believe the 250 is available in the US. I think you still need to go to Sonyland. Their stuff runs NTSC-J and 100V, but you could make it work in the US...
    You just need to remember that the X and O functions tend to be reversed.
    Trinity30!
    2 years still on my first 60gb PS3. No issues/problems recorded.