39 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2010 12:52 PM by kotakid91 RSS

Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?

Metalmoog
Getting bored of MW2, all of the camping, lag and non stop glitchers have sapped the fun out of the game for me.  I want to play W&W again, but don't want to deal with only being stuck using the MP40, because the rest of the guns are pea-shooters in comparison.  Please tell me Treyarch have patched the MP40 to balance it by now?!
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    iidarkshadowoo
    No patch. I just played some games just using the carbine trying to get it in my top 5. I was called a modder so much I decided to use mp40/juggs/second chance or just toob. If you do go back to WaW, appreciate a good finger. The people still suck, it's easy shooting mate, so have fun.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    zombies101
    it si still the same. the patches for the mp40 have not been patched. it is all what you wan tto do in the game.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    MP40 ftw.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    Wolfscar
    Just play HC the MP40 on HC is not op,same as any other gun on there.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    A Ninjakitty

    Metalmoog wrote:

     

    Getting bored of MW2, all of the camping, lag and non stop glitchers have sapped the fun out of the game for me.  I want to play W&W again, but don't want to deal with only being stuck using the MP40, because the rest of the guns are pea-shooters in comparison.  Please tell me Treyarch have patched the MP40 to balance it by now?!



    The MP40 was never overpowered. You're underpowered.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    XSer1aLX
    MP40 was the most and still is the most hated gun in World at War.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?

    XSer1aLX wrote:

     

    MP40 was the most and still is the most hated gun in World at War.


    That is why it is used so much.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    Administrator

    A Ninjakitty wrote:

     

    Metalmoog wrote:

     

    Getting bored of MW2, all of the camping, lag and non stop glitchers have sapped the fun out of the game for me.  I want to play W&W again, but don't want to deal with only being stuck using the MP40, because the rest of the guns are pea-shooters in comparison.  Please tell me Treyarch have patched the MP40 to balance it by now?!



    The MP40 was never overpowered. You're underpowered.



    The MP40 is overpowered. You're underskilled.
    21,000 MP40 kills? Tenth 65? Why do you keep playing this game you ruin it when you go around hip firing with that 64-round magazine. MP40 unlock level is 10! You shouldn't be using it!!! ya n00b!
    I don't care if you have a high kdr. You have no glory if you use that overpowered mistake Treyarch put in.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    Byzantine Bomb
    People still use it all the time.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    otisman666
    Please, the game is all about connection.  I played three different games with my boy the B. Bomb the other night.  One game I had either host or just a lucky connection.  I won every gun fight with my newly unlocked T100.  Next game was a different host and lag fest 2010.  No matter how many MP40 bullets I put into a person, they would turn around and single shot my Jugger-ass right off the map.

    So let's ask the real question here, shall we.  Does this game still suffer horribly from lag?  Answer, yes it does.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    Byzantine Bomb
    Otis is right, the connection plays a significant role. Normally, my DBS will rip through any MP40 totting Juggernaut but with one bar it's just not possible.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    stahlster
    I've been getting alot of 2 bar connections lately.  Meaning I'm dead before the hip fire comes around the corner...not so fun
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    Byzantine Bomb
    The Nazi Zombie connections are just fine!
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    otisman666

    Byzantine Bomb wrote:

     

    The Nazi Zombie connections are just fine!



    Absolutely!  Although mine seemed a little messed up, there was always somthing blocking the doorway into the "Help" room.  No matter how many times I reset my modem and router it was still there, not letting me in:(
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    iidarkshadowoo

    otisman666 wrote:

     

    Byzantine Bomb wrote:

     

    The Nazi Zombie connections are just fine!



    Absolutely!  Although mine seemed a little messed up, there was always somthing blocking the doorway into the "Help" room.  No matter how many times I reset my modem and router it was still there, not letting me in:(



    Tehehe, sowy...
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    ZiegHail
    LOLOL! I cant Believe people are still complaining about this gun, I almost never use it, and I have never had a problem with this gun in anyway. Ever. I have over 22 days of game time too. Just compare it to every weapon in modern SUCKfest 3000. . .
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    ZiegHail

    otisman666 wrote:

     

    Please, the game is all about connection.  I played three different games with my boy the B. Bomb the other night.  One game I had either host or just a lucky connection.  I won every gun fight with my newly unlocked T100.  Next game was a different host and lag fest 2010.  No matter how many MP40 bullets I put into a person, they would turn around and single shot my Jugger-ass right off the map.

    So let's ask the real question here, shall we.  Does this game still suffer horribly from lag?  Answer, yes it does.


    . . .

    The Game suffers horribly from lag huh? Then how do I play it just fine on a less than 1mb satellite connection??? Seriously? I can not even comprehend your reasoning, is your little brother on facebook while your playing? The only way you can lag on this game is with your own connection. Its nowhere near anything like modern suckfest 3000, with its built in lag and wanted bullets that chase you around a corner and up the stairs.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    codchamp
    While otis has complained about the lag in w@w for sometime now.I have to say even with a yellow 2 bar connection it is still better then what you get in MW2.At least the hit detection in w@w still works even if you do lag...But i do agree the last 2 cod games have been all about connection.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    I'm with Otis on the lag issue, i played for a year on a crap 2 bar connection and it's a huge disadvantage, in MW2 i could do just fine on a 2 bar because i did'nt need to lead my shots i guess the gamecode compensated for lag which is why we get bullets following us around corners, but in W@W you need to lead your shots every time on a crap connection and even then there's a lot of luck involved.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    ZiegHail

    fonseca99 wrote:

     

    I'm with Otis on the lag issue, i played for a year on a crap 2 bar connection and it's a huge disadvantage, in MW2 i could do just fine on a 2 bar because i did'nt need to lead my shots i guess the gamecode compensated for lag which is why we get bullets following us around corners, but in W@W you need to lead your shots every time on a crap connection and even then there's a lot of luck involved.



    . . .

    Hmmm. . . I wonder if its because leading the target is more realistic. . . Nah it couldn't be that. Could it??? Give me a break dude.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?

    ZiegHail wrote:

     

    fonseca99 wrote:

     

    I'm with Otis on the lag issue, i played for a year on a crap 2 bar connection and it's a huge disadvantage, in MW2 i could do just fine on a 2 bar because i did'nt need to lead my shots i guess the gamecode compensated for lag which is why we get bullets following us around corners, but in W@W you need to lead your shots every time on a crap connection and even then there's a lot of luck involved.



    . . .

    Hmmm. . . I wonder if its because leading the target is more realistic. . . Nah it couldn't be that. Could it??? Give me a break dude.



    No...i've read your post twice now and i've still no idea what you're getting at.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    ZiegHail

    fonseca99 wrote:

     

    ZiegHail wrote:

     

    fonseca99 wrote:

     

    I'm with Otis on the lag issue, i played for a year on a crap 2 bar connection and it's a huge disadvantage, in MW2 i could do just fine on a 2 bar because i did'nt need to lead my shots i guess the gamecode compensated for lag which is why we get bullets following us around corners, but in W@W you need to lead your shots every time on a crap connection and even then there's a lot of luck involved.



    . . .

    Hmmm. . . I wonder if its because leading the target is more realistic. . . Nah it couldn't be that. Could it??? Give me a break dude.



    No...i've read your post twice now and i've still no idea what you're getting at.



    Oh well, I guess it was too much to ask for someone to understand the logic of a little common sense.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?

    ZiegHail wrote:

     



    Oh well, I guess it was too much to ask for someone to understand the logic of a little common sense.



    I was simply stating that MW2 compensates for a worse connection by using the netcode to iron things out, unlike W@W which is totally dependant on your connection to the host.

    Are we getting my point now?
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    HeviOlli

    fonseca99 wrote:

     

    ZiegHail wrote:

     



    Oh well, I guess it was too much to ask for someone to understand the logic of a little common sense.



    I was simply stating that MW2 compensates for a worse connection by using the netcode to iron things out, unlike W@W which is totally dependant on your connection to the host.

    Are we getting my point now?



    MW2 is much more dependant on the host because theres much more **** going on in the game. Try to rush with a three bar connection on mw2? Shots go right trough enemies and you try to get to cover but no, your ping is too high. I'm not saying that w@w does not have problems like that but they're milder in w@w. To sum it up: HOST ATVANTAGE IS HUGE at MW2! Even the air support somehow has better aim when youre host. Well, lucky me with my 20mb connection.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    RoninGunslinger
    The thing that I think is funny is you have all these high level "pro" clans going around MP40/stopping power spray n pray no aim bull. They think their so great and when they win a game they go on and on about how awesome they are as well as harass the players they just beat. When they try using another weapon and they lose time after time so they end up going right back to their beloved cheap tactics. Well I will never recognize anyone who beats me with that combo as my better. I only use stopping power on my rifles because it takes ACCURACY to hit with them. Its not very hard to hold the MP40/stopping power combo and move the control stick from side to side. You take 2 hits in the leg and your down. I have more respect for those who at the very least don't use stopping power on the MP40. You should be good enough to kill me without that BS. I don't care how high you level is or what your K/D spread is, if you use that combo to earn your levels you are not better then anyone and I will never recognize you as such.
    Not trying to hate on anyone but have a little bit of honor and show a bit of skill.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?

    RoninGunslinger wrote:

     

    The thing that I think is funny is you have all these high level "pro" clans going around MP40/stopping power spray n pray no aim bull. They think their so great and when they win a game they go on and on about how awesome they are as well as harass the players they just beat. When they try using another weapon and they lose time after time so they end up going right back to their beloved cheap tactics. Well I will never recognize anyone who beats me with that combo as my better. I only use stopping power on my rifles because it takes ACCURACY to hit with them. Its not very hard to hold the MP40/stopping power combo and move the control stick from side to side. You take 2 hits in the leg and your down. I have more respect for those who at the very least don't use stopping power on the MP40. You should be good enough to kill me without that BS. I don't care how high you level is or what your K/D spread is, if you use that combo to earn your levels you are not better then anyone and I will never recognize you as such.
    Not trying to hate on anyone but have a little bit of honor and show a bit of skill.


    So you use the Thompson with stopping power instead, wow.  (BTW it kills faster than the mp-40 does.)
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?

    Wan Hu 1500 wrote:

     

    A Ninjakitty wrote:

     

    Metalmoog wrote:

     

    Getting bored of MW2, all of the camping, lag and non stop glitchers have sapped the fun out of the game for me.  I want to play W&W again, but don't want to deal with only being stuck using the MP40, because the rest of the guns are pea-shooters in comparison.  Please tell me Treyarch have patched the MP40 to balance it by now?!



    The MP40 was never overpowered. You're underpowered.



    The MP40 is overpowered. You're underskilled.
    21,000 MP40 kills? Tenth 65? Why do you keep playing this game you ruin it when you go around hip firing with that 64-round magazine. MP40 unlock level is 10! You shouldn't be using it!!! ya n00b!
    I don't care if you have a high kdr. You have no glory if you use that overpowered mistake Treyarch put in.




  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?

    Phlapjax wrote:

     


    So you use the Thompson with stopping power instead, wow.  (BTW it kills faster than the mp-40 does.)




    Yeah but the mp40 can 1 shot to the head with SP... its maximum faggotry
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?

    hqWeedEater wrote:

     

    Phlapjax wrote:

     


    So you use the Thompson with stopping power instead, wow.  (BTW it kills faster than the mp-40 does.)




    Yeah but the mp40 can 1 shot to the head with SP... its maximum faggotry


    and yet it has crappier sights than a bolt action but has to get a lot closer to kill.  you can just sit back and camp for a head shot.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?

    Phlapjax wrote:

     


    and yet it has crappier sights than a bolt action but has to get a lot closer to kill.  you can just sit back and camp for a head shot.




    Now Jax you know you can snipe with the mp40. Its an automatic that can 2 shot across the map and hold like 60 some shots. You can't defend it man
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    AirborneI
    i never thought the mp40 was that big of an issue. i like the stg44 easy to fend off mp40 users with that. but the other subs are good too imo.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    MrGlonk
    That's actually very interesting what people are saying about the lag difference between WaW and MW2.

    In WaW I could still play the game competitively with a 2 bar connection, whereas I find a 2 bar connection in MW2 makes the game unplayable.

    In fact, MW2 is hard to play with a 3 bar connection the majority of the time.

    Someone earlier said that the host has a massive advantage in MW2, and I would have to agree. Half way through a game you can tell who the host is from the scores.It's usually the one who hasn't died as much as everyone else as long as s/he's half competent.

    I have had lag problems in WaW, who hasn't? But the lag was always much mroe bearable in WaW than it is in MW2.

    I think I've already had more lag BS in my 9 days of MW2 than I did in my 30 odd days of WaW.

    I just find it weird that it's other Le' that I'm disagreeing with, which usually isn't the case!
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?

    hqWeedEater wrote:

     

    Phlapjax wrote:

     


    and yet it has crappier sights than a bolt action but has to get a lot closer to kill.  you can just sit back and camp for a head shot.




    Now Jax you know you can snipe with the mp40. Its an automatic that can 2 shot across the map and hold like 60 some shots. You can't defend it man


    And because I can it takes more skill to use cause I don't get a scope option for it.
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?

    Phlapjax wrote:

     


    And because I can it takes more skill to use cause I don't get a scope option for it.




    Psh I can't use them scopes for ****... I miss way to much with a scope on...
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    You think they changed the gun? After all this time?
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    iidarkshadowoo

    Kotakid91 wrote:

     

    You think they changed the gun? After all this time?



    Let a man have his hopes and dreams,
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    Sorry sorry where were my manners. Yea they might have changed it....
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    iidarkshadowoo

    Kotakid91 wrote:

     

    Sorry sorry where were my manners. Yea they might have changed it....



    Woah, waoh, don't give him false realities though...jeez, get it right bud!
  • Re: Sick of MW2...is the MP40 still OP?
    Oh I am such a failure!!!