36 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2012 2:27 AM by L0rdHa7er RSS

Call of duty: Black Ops Suggestions! What do you think?

JJ7000
Hey guys let me know what you think of this list I've put together of everything I want and don't want in the game.

I'm sure most people will agree with most of these suggestions

Don't just steal and post my ideas, Think of your own!

1.     No heartbeat sensor

2.     No secondary weapons apart from pistols. Shotguns on Mw2 and other secondary weapons such as PP2000 are way too over powered

3.     No commando

4.     No nukes

5.     No rifle grenades or at least not in Search and Destroy

6.     No painkiller/juggernaut

7.     No hit markers on snipers/ one shot kill snipers. (annoying if an arm gets in the way of the body and you get a hit marker, bullets should penetrate an arm?)

8.     No vehicles or at least weaker ones

9.     Try limit boosting (No cage match/ riot shield)

10.     Sort out Leader boards when people boost and get 214783647 score and 10000 k/d

11.     Add Zombies

12.     Party chat

13.     Lobby leader board

14.     Customizable players

15.     Different game types like sniper lobbies, shot gun lobbies etc

16.     Sort out the spawn system

17.     New perks

18.     Camouflage on weapons

19.     Improved challenges

20.     Improved host migration/dedicated servers

21.     Game winning kill cams

22.     Replay system where you can watch recent games you have played and upload them to the internet

23.     3 5 7 kill streak or don’t go overboard like mw2 did

24.     -

25.     Interactive environment, Destroy buildings etc

26.     Sort out when you unlock weapons. Don’t make the best weapon unlock-able at level 10

27.     No Stopping power - creates more skill

28.     You should make it so when you try find a game you don't get put back into the one you just left

29.     Co-op campaign

30.     Limit on the single shot weapons to try get rid of modded controller users

31.     Interact with the players! Don’t just make a game and leave it!

32.     Its an 18 game add more blood and gore
  • Re: **Call of duty: Black Ops Suggestions!**
    JJ7000

Stap_123 wrote:

Thanks for your ideas :S
    dwdie
    you must be crazy. these 32 point is the most usefull thinks in the mw2.you can play tetris or mario. go hell
    Aiyan

JJ7000 wrote:

Hey guys let me know what you think of this list I've put together of everything I want and don't want in the game.

2.     No secondary weapons apart from pistols

7.     No hit markers on snipers/ one shot kill snipers.

30.     Limit on the single shot weapons to try get rid of modded controller users

I agree with everything other those ones I have here. I will go through my own reasons for why I disagree with those you got in those few lines.

2. No secondary weapons apart from pistols:

Keep it like it was before WaW/COD4 if you are going to go sec. weapons. I dont mind seeing rpgs and such as sec. weapon, but I feel its wrong when sec. weapon is just as powerful if not better then main weapon. In MW2 the, say Uzi vs TMP and the TMP is better in everything there other then mag size. If you're on close quarter, you can say bye bye if you run into a shotgun person. Not because he got better skills then you, but because he got a weapon that takes you on one shot.

5. No rifle grenades or at least not in Search and Destroy

I agree on this one, but I feel they will use it. Since it's a weapon use in the war, but in this game. I feel if they are to put it in, they should gimp it so hard. That it's something you might use for certain situations, but not the whole time like its now. Since I feel its too much relience on tubes for lesser players or players that want to sabotage games. (spawn tubing, snd tubes, OMA/Danger Close/tubes and tubes with scavanger. So maybe make the explosive radius smaller and bigger chance to survive. Also make it like it was before, takes up 1-2 perks. So people that use it, sacrifice a lot.

7. No hit markers on snipers/ one shot kill snipers.

If they were to follow through with this, they should make it harder to use the sniper rifles. In fact all weapons, since as its now. It's way to easy to be a good sniper in COD universe, most people walk around with it like it was some sort of SMG. Which takes out the intent with the weapon. Making it a one shot weapon then would be gift to make game more unbalanced than its needed. I say, make sniper rifles harder to use, if they do that. Then I dont mind one hit - kill, but till that happends. I think they should first focus on not setting up perks for snipers to run around like some halo guy on steroids.

9. Try limit boosting (No cage match/ riot shield)

Removing Riot Shield and Tactical Insertion would be the best, not taking away cage matches. Doing that is what makes the booster go to FFA and other game modes to boost. Those two equipments should be enough to kill most boosters. Of course not everyone, but this limits most of it.

23. 3 5 7 kill streak or don’t go overboard like mw2 did

I agree here, but want to point out that how the killstreak works now. It doesn't award good players, but rather those players camping 5 kills. Meaning, it takes them 5 kills with their own gun, to end up around 20-30 kills without using their guns at all. It doesn't show any skills and doesn't award a skilled player at all. All in all, what it does do is making people just sit out the round for their own gain. Since they know once they get their pred missile/harrier, they will be on +30 kills, before they can kills themself and start over again.

27. No Stopping power - creates more skill

Stopping should be there, its one of the least unbalanced perk out there. One way to balance it out is readding juggernaught, but I dont want to see painkiller ever again. 

30. Limit on the single shot weapons to try get rid of modded controller users

We that likes one shot weapons shouldn't be limited by people who cheat, rather make a delay on how fast you can shoot it then.

Another big problem with MW2 that I think you people at Tryarch should heed is the LW/Marathon/commando classes and tac. knifes setups. This game is about making tactical decisions and using our guns. Not street fighting/rambo style. As far as it goes, people run around 25mph and stab without any concern of using tactic or tactical gameplay. I felt this was a big blow to what I thought was the purpose of the game.
    JJ7000

dwdie wrote:

you must be crazy. these 32 point is the most usefull thinks in the mw2.you can play tetris or mario. go hell

so your saying mw2 was good because it had heartbeat sensors, overpowered secondary weapons, commando, nuke boosters, rifle grenades, painkiller/juggernaut, hit markers on snipers, boosters, screwed up leader boards, no Zombies, no Party chat etc etc.. Think about it.
    JJ7000
    bump

JJ7000 wrote:

+1
    I dunno lol
    3.     No commando
    No
    4.     No nukes
    +1

+1
    +1
    I dunno lol
    I dunno lol
    10.     Sort out Leader boards when people boost and get 214783647 score and 10000 k/d
    +1
    11.     Zombies
    +1
    12.     Party chat
    Party what?
    +1
    don't care, lol
    +2
    +2245
    17.     New perks
    sure
    +1
    Huh?
    +999100000
    +1
    22.     Replay system where you can watch recent games you have played and upload them to the internet
    don't care
    No killstreak rewards would be fine too.
    24.     2 grenades/equipment
    I don't understand this.
    Fine
    26.     Sort out when you unlock weapons. Don’t make the best weapon unlock-able at level 10
    +1
    -1 Cold Blooded would be overused then.
    28.     You should make it so when you try find a game you don't get put back into the one you just left
    +1
    29.     Co-op campaign
    Haven't played it much.
    +1
    +1
    +10000

There
    JJ7000
    Thanks for that ficko88
    JJ7000
    JJ7000
    Sniper16
    Title: Virus
    Description: Someone starts out as a virus (chosen randomly) he objective is to run into everyone. If a virus runs into you then you become a virus. Keep repeating the process until one person is left (winner) Players may use any weapon in order to slow down/keep the virus away. This is exactly the same as Timspliters game for gamecube
    BreakSilence
    I like all, besides #25. Think about it.. That wouldnt work in CoD, & would F up SnD bad. & the 2 frags ETC. Idk.. Theres enough random frags as there is.
    iidarkshadowoo

JJ7000 wrote:

Stop bumping you're threads like this or I'll report you for spam.
    JJ7000

ii darkshadow oO wrote:

JJ7000 wrote:

Stop bumping you're threads like this or I'll report you for spam.

You need to chill out and not take things so seriously. It's a bloody forum. get a life.
    gamezilla36
    Dont add in Commando.
    Ujen
    They are all good suggestion but we only need to obvious one eg. no commando, oma + Dc + tubes, dedi servers and maybe a few others but probably not 32 new changes.
    SaMo94-
            Not likely It will make an appearance.
            Don't agree with this.
    3.     No commando
            Agreed.
    4.     No nukes
            I don't think this will be in Black Ops personally.
            These were in the war so It's likely they will return.
            Death Streaks appeal to the more casual of gamers so they may well return.
            If you hit the chest and above you will get a one hit kill.
            A good aspect of Treyarch's Cod games, likely to return. Not very hard to destroy.
            Treyarch will do all they can to prevent boosting I'm guessing.
            Treyarch work close with their community and are likely to cover this if it happens.
    11.     Zombies
            Hope It returns.
    12.     Party chat
            Likely to follow the MW2 pattern.
            Could return, never say never.
            Customizable characters ...
            Imaginative.
            Work needs to be done, yes.
    17.     New perks
            Without doubt.
            Without doubt ...
            Yeah.
            Work will be done on this I'm guessing.
            Should be in the game.
            It's a possibility.
            Let's hope.
            ?
            Play battlefield, this is Call of Duty.
            Likely they'll use their brains.
            Fair shout tbh.
            AGREED.
    29.     Co-op campaign
            Should return.
            Good idea however I and many others can shoot just as fast as modded controllers.
            What do you mean by this?
    32.     Its an 18 game add more blood and gore.
            Likely.
    apro24
    do you mean no zombies or to have zombies
    arthas125
    stop already with the ******* 1 shoot kill snipers, if you want one, go  back to COD4 and put a acog on your M40A3 and stop ******** about it
    cbennett11694
    If there's a game winning kill cam I think u should be able 2 save it because I hate it when u get an amazing kill but there no way 2 watch it again
    novan leon
    I agree with a lot of your points.
    zintensity
    thats because your a scrub at mw2 get good bud.
    zintensity
    I agree with them allexcept snipers (bolt action snipers) should be one shot kill above the waste. having it 1 shot kill everywhere will increase the camping level knowig treyarch will put custom kill streaks in cuz theres more scrubs then pros out there, like me im legit 10th on mw2 17d,22h played then i traded it in cuz i came to th econclusion it sucks.
    hop skip n knife
    you forgot the throwing knife wtf that has to be in and the riot shield is awesome and should stay too
    xVenoMz
    - Agree completely. Requires no skill to use

- Disagree on this one because they are mainly used for when people get too close and your primary weapon won't cut it, Say the Intervention in a close range situation, and you know that you have a shotgun handy to take out any of these people who hunt you down after one kill. It's not everyone's fault that a few people will exploit the secondary weapons like the old Model 1887 Akimbo combo.

3.     No commando
    - Again I agree with the knife lunging part of this perk. No-one can lunge that far in real life. It's inhuman and very very annoying.

4.     No nukes
    - I don't mind nukes in all honesty.

- I personally would love to see the One Man Army / Noob Tube combination removed for good.

- Agreed.

- Agreed, But only on obvious guns like the 50.Cal where it would punch a hole the size of a fist through you but somehow you only get a hit marker?

- No vehicles AT ALL

- Removing the riot shield yes, Removing the cage match no because then they ruin everyone else's games in different modes to boost.

- Yes !

11.     Zombies
    - Meh.. Maybe.. This mode is generally used by people who are terrible online but I don't mind it

12.     Party chat
    - Yes, yes, oh dear god yes! The only people who talk in game are obnoxious wankers who don't have any friends to talk to in party chat..

- Not really important.

- A nice feature but its more of a rainbow 6 thing. Doubt it will happen

- Again not going to happen. This isn't halo. When in a real war situation did you ever hear someone shout out "SNIPERS ONLY"

- Yes.

17.     New perks
    - As long as they aren't ridiculous and annoying then yes

- I personally would love to see a Neon Green Tiger Camo.. !

- There's already far too much to do, and considering the speed that new CoD games are being churned out this would be irrelevant anyway

- Agreed. Tired of lag

- In all game modes? Because in HQ and Sabotage.. the last kill isn't a game winner so it wont happen.

- Again like Halo I see.. Not a bad idea though

- I love the customisable kill streaks. Just make them less overpowered I guess!

- No. Grenade spamming would be a problem here!

- Something I'd love to see !

- This is up for debate because what you think the best weapon is might differ from someone else's opinion. But I'd agree with balancing the weapons a bit more.

- Na because then something else would replace it.

- Yeah this one is good because you always feel like a tool joining a match you just left.

29.     Co-op campaign
    - Yup

- Yup ! Or permanently lock the speed of single shot weapons for anyone firing at unholy speeds.

- Again yes. Even if they were just to listen to their players!

- Not important but its a good idea
    JJ7000

apro24 wrote:

do you mean no zombies or to have zombies

to have zombies
  • Re: Call of duty: Black Ops Suggestions! What do you think?
    Shogibo
    "26. Sort out when you unlock weapons. Don’t make the best weapon unlock-able at level 10"
    In my opinion, there should be no "best" weapon. Every weapon should have a range and play style to fit a type of player.

This, and the taking out of grenade launchers, are the only two ideas I don't totally agree with.

I would like to see them improve a player's ability to rush. Perhaps by improving special grenades, or by improving accuracy while moving and firing a SMG or shotgun. This way, people of all play styles can do well, not just the people who can camp well :\
    JJ7000

Shogibo wrote:

"26. Sort out when you unlock weapons. Don’t make the best weapon unlock-able at level 10"
    In my opinion, there should be no "best" weapon. Every weapon should have a range and play style to fit a type of player.

This, and the taking out of grenade launchers, are the only two ideas I don't totally agree with.

I would like to see them improve a player's ability to rush. Perhaps by improving special grenades, or by improving accuracy while moving and firing a SMG or shotgun. This way, people of all play styles can do well, not just the people who can camp well :\

I know the feeling, Campers always beat a rusher because you just rush past them and don't see them in the corner
    One Man Army should serve its real purpose: to switch weapons in game without dying.

-So remove the ability to change to the same class during that life or

-remove the ability to change to the same class and get more ammo.
    jason1944

ZinnadineZidane wrote:

One Man Army should serve its real purpose: to switch weapons in game without dying.

-So remove the ability to change to the same class during that life or

-remove the ability to change to the same class and get more ammo.

agreed
    jason1944

zintensity wrote:

thats because your a scrub at mw2 get good bud.

erm? good one
    JJ7000

cbennett11694 wrote:

If there's a game winning kill cam I think u should be able 2 save it because I hate it when u get an amazing kill but there no way 2 watch it again

true
    jason1944

arthas125 wrote:

stop already with the **** 1 shoot kill snipers, if you want one, go  back to COD4 and put a acog on your M40A3 and stop ******** about it

Cod4? this is black ops mate.

Treyarch > IW
    JJ7000

jason1944 wrote:

arthas125 wrote:

stop already with the **** 1 shoot kill snipers, if you want one, go  back to COD4 and put a acog on your M40A3 and stop ******** about it

Cod4? this is black ops mate.

Treyarch > IW

agreed i don't want to play cod4

JJ7000 wrote:

Agreed.
    2.     No secondary weapons apart from pistols. Shotguns on Mw2 and other secondary weapons such as PP2000 are way too over powered
            Bring Over kill back.
    3.     No commando
            Bring Bayonet back
    4.     No nukes
            game ending killstreaks are stupid
            I don't care. Just make so Grenade launchers take out perk #1
            No Juggernaut no stopping power. Juggernaut should return
    7.     No hit markers on snipers/ one shot kill snipers. (annoying if an arm gets in the way of the body and you get a hit marker, bullets should penetrate an arm?)
            That's lame, Chest and up should be 1 HKO
            I liked the tanks in WAW. But it took about 5 bazooka rockets to kill it.
            I don't care if they don't include the riot shield, but one way to limit boosting is to get rid of TI
            Hope so
    11.     Add Zombies
            Or something similar
    12.     Party chat
            ????
            ????
           Customizable Characters and i don't care. It would be fun
            Nah. That's what Private matches are for
           +9999999999999
    17.     New perks
            If they're balanced
            And also ghillie on the sniper rifles
            ????
            +999999999999999
            They're awesome
           +2
            3,4,5,6,7,8 killstreaks ( you can only choose 3 )
    24.     -

Nope. There was interactive enviroment in WaW ( campaign ) and that was enough, And there's also interactive enviroment in the campaign for black ops. I             hope they don't include it in MP
            Just don't have any weapon better than the other,
            Bring back Juggernaut so it balances stopping power .
            Agreed. It's pretty annoying
    29.     Co-op campaign
            They have confirmed that there is no co-op campaign
            ... I can fire as fast as a modded controller and i like semi-auto rifles ( especially M1 Garand. One of my favorite weapons of all time ) And it's lame not to include semi-auto rifles
            This is treyarch.

Blood and gore is confirmed ( look at the trailer  )

What do I want to see in new Call of Duty? Maybe finally some step forward to hardcore players, not casuals... Each new CoD goes forward to casuality. I know it's all about fun, but there is a border, where fun ends and skill beginds. So my suggestion is to make a new game mode, that would be like Modern Warfare 1 promod. No grenade launchers, no stun grenades, no perks, no c4/lmgs, no semi-auto/auto snipers, no killstreaks, no lame things at all. If you really want to be best FPS, all you need to do is step away from casuality...

Best regards,

your fellow MW1 player.