1 2 3 Previous Next 539 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 7:22 PM by rpatto92 RSS

Perks, min. number requirement?

One recent post I read through was asking for six(!) perks to be removed.

From World at War or MW2, which Perks must stay and which must go? [If you are not sure what these do, please Google them before commenting. I had the descriptions, but the thread was starting to look like a wall of text].

WaW

Perk Set #1

* Special Grenades X 3
    * Satchel Charge X 2
    * M9A1 Bazooka X 2
    * Bomb Squad
    * Bouncing Betty X 2
    * Bandolier
    * Primary Grenades X 2
    * M2 Flamethrower

Perk Set #2

* Stopping Power
    * Fireworks
    * Flak Jacket
    * Gas Mask
    * Juggernaut
    * Camouflage
    * Sleight of Hand
    * Shades
    * Double Tap
    * Overkill

Perk Set #3

* Deep Impact
    * Extreme Conditioning
    * Toss Back
    * Second Chance
    * Martyrdom
    * Fireproof
    * Dead Silence
    * Iron Lungs
    * Reconnaissance

MW2

Perk Set 1

* Marathon | Marathon Pro
    * Sleight of Hand | Sleight of Hand Pro
    * Scavenger | Scavenger Pro
    * Bling | Bling Pro
    * One Man Army | One Man Army Pro

Perk Slot 2

* Stopping Power | Stopping Power Pro
    * Lightweight | Lightweight Pro
    * Hardline | Hardline Pro
    * Cold-Blooded | Cold-Blooded Pro
    * Danger Close | Danger Close Pro

Perk Slot 3

* Commando | Commando Pro
    * Steady Aim | Steady Aim Pro
    * Scrambler | Scrambler Pro
    * Ninja | Ninja Pro
    * SitRep | SitRep Pro
    * Last Stand | Last Stand Pro

Which of these need to go? (A lot of people seem to dislike Commando Pro, but did you also dislike the Bayonet from World at War, which had similar game play?)

I stickied this topic for 5 days and added poll.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar
  • 1. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Update #1
    I am about halfway caught on this thread, so I  wanted to give my first update/clarification:

=1=
    A few people who have played both games have suggested that I think Bayonets and Commando Pro are the same thing.

All I said (in the first post) was that the Bayonet and Commando Pro have similar game play. That is, they extend the melee reach beyond the typical reach.

Commando Pro reaches further than a Bayonet. As a perk, you can't tell someone has it. Bayonets are weapon attachments limited to certain guns. You can see that someone has one on a gun.

The devil is always in the details.

=2=
    It is true that MW2 has pro versions of perks and moved some Perks to Attachments or Equipment. It's also true that MW2 moved some perks to attachments (FMJ) and moved some Attachments back to Perks (Bayonet to Commando Pro).

It's completely fine if you think the entire keep/cut is too limiting to properly express your point of view.

Some people have done this as: "Move to Attachment" or "Make Equipment" when speaking about a specific perk. That works fine.
  • 2. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    sagey007
    im fine with the way things are.
  • 3. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    stoker95
    i think in WaW flak jacket was a very nice perk, juggernaut and stopping power i believe should come back, toss back was quite useful against martyrdom however i would like martyrdom to be removed along with second chance, as it is worse than last stand. from modern warfare 2 i would like one man army to be removed as it is a very broken perk and finally from modern warfare 2 remove commando, however the way bayonets worked i liked as the range wasnt ridiculous and you could side step it sometimes and also they were put only on weapons which weren't majorly used by noobs... if you bring the bayonet back i would request that you put it on lesser used weapons, for example if weapon a is slightly better than weapon b then weapon b may have the bayonet attachment but weapon a may not.
    edit:i prefer the way that perks were set up in WaW with rockets/bomb squad etc 1st perk, then stuff like stopping power/juggs 2nd perk then steady aim/dead silence 3rd perk. rather than having to choose between bomb squad and dead silence you could have both
    kthxbai:)
  • 4. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    carbonfibah

WaW perks that I like

- bomb squad
    - primary grenades x2
    - stopping power
    - juggernaut
    - camouflage
    - sleight of hand
    - shades :P
    - overkill
    - deep impact
    - extreme conditioning
    - dead silence

MW2 perks that I like

- sleight of hand
    - scavenger
    - bling
    - stopping power
    - hardline
    - cold blooded
    - steady aim
    - ninja
    - sitrep

These are the perks I like/use.

• 5. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Now im shocked. What is MW2 doing in your post? MW2 perk setup was/is the perfect example on how to ruin the gameplay - i do hope you guys will take NOTHING from this game, you can do better than that. My opinion? Perks in WAW were fine, the vehicles one were a tad useless. Whatever you do make them switchable individually (or at least per groups) for Server Admins (PC) or Match Host (Consoles).
  • 6. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Eliminate 1.sitrep 2.Commando 3.Last Stand 4.Martyrdom 5.Nerf or destroy Danger Close 6.Marathon-Extreme Conditioning is better 7.Lightwieght 8.One Man Army.

Id like to see you guys at treyarch test out some new perks if possible but take into account how they can be exploited please. Keep the rest there all pretty balanced but its up to you guys. A few new ones would be nice
  • 7. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    stoker95

Egaugnal1 wrote:

Eliminate 1.sitrep 2.Commando 3.Last Stand 4.Martyrdom 5.Nerf or destroy Danger Close 6.Marathon-Extreme Conditioning is better 7.Lightwieght 8.One Man Army.

Id like to see you guys at treyarch test out some new perks if possible but take into account how they can be exploited please. Keep the rest there all pretty balanced but its up to you guys. A few new ones would be nice

why sitrep? would you want bomb squad back?
  • 8. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    I suppose you meant "irrelevant", but yeah. =P

So long as there are checks and balances, why simply lock yourself into the older setups?  I've no allegiance to the number of perks total.  So long as it keeps gameplay interesting and there's proper checks and balances, I'd say go for it

zeroy wrote:

I do hope you guys will take NOTHING from this game.

This is pretty childish.  If there are good ideas, why ignore them?  Things like One Man Army weren't in themselves bad ideas, just ideas that could use some refinement.
  • 9. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    stevieo526
    I liked in WAW where tubes replaced perk 1. The ability to have multiple primary grenades was also a nice perk.

For perks to remove: Commando and Lightweight. I did appreciate the Pro version of commando where you didn't take fall damage and didn't think it was too overpowered. I also think that bayonets in WAW were a little more tame than commando in MW2. They didn't seem to have the same range.

The only other perk I would advise against is One Man Army, it caused too many problems.
1 2 3 Previous Next