1 12 13 14 15 16 Previous Next 539 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 7:22 PM by rpatto92 Go to original post RSS
  • 130. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    shankwithme
    I never played WaW but here is what I think of the MW2 perks:

Perk Set 1

* Marathon | Marathon Pro - Useful but abused (MLC)
    * Sleight of Hand | Sleight of Hand Pro - Useful, don't think it needs to go
    * Scavenger | Scavenger Pro - Useful but abused
    * Bling | Bling Pro - Pretty much useless
    * One Man Army | One Man Army Pro - Don't even think about it.

Perk Slot 2

* Stopping Power | Stopping Power Pro - Useful and overused
    * Lightweight | Lightweight Pro - Useful but abused (MLC again)
    * Hardline | Hardline Pro - Useful, don't think it needs to go, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't return.
    * Cold-Blooded | Cold-Blooded Pro - Useful, I think it should return.
    * Danger Close | Danger Close Pro - See One Man Army.

Perk Slot 3

* Commando | Commando Pro - See One Man Army (Commando pro was helpful, though)
    * Steady Aim | Steady Aim Pro - Useful, but abused by shotgunners and noobs that run around with LMG's
    * Scrambler | Scrambler Pro - Useless.
    * Ninja | Ninja Pro -Extremely useful, but hopefully ninja won't be necessary because HBS will be gone?
    * SitRep | SitRep Pro - Useful but nobody uses it.
    * Last Stand | Last Stand Pro - See One Man Army.
  • 131. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    otto864
    Well gas mask and shades were a good Idea but I think combining them would be the best, people would still get hit markers from throwing stuff at you just less or no effect to you. (this is just my opinion but I always thought blast shield was cool in MW2 and wished it lessened flash and stuns too.)

True it may be a lot for one perk but up to you to decide.

As for what to take out,

One man army
    Commando
    Fireproof
    Lightweight and its Pro
    Marathon Pro
    Shades/gas mask (combine them to one)

!! Don't boot stopping power without booting Juggernaut!!

Don't have perks that make you lift the gun faster while running, then people don't have to check their corners, or move carefully.
  • 132. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Five Oh 187
    I thought slight of hand pro (faster ADS) was great in MW2.  If stopping power is taken out which i don't see why it would since its the most popular perk, its nice to have stopping power and SOH in separate perk slots.  Take away last stand and martyrdom and I think the majority of the community will be happy.  I can find something to complain about for all the perks but variety is nice and makes the game more fun.
  • 133. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Dracorean

MMartin wrote:

Dracorean wrote:

Some perks Like sitrep and Scrambler were simply pointless.

Speak for yourself regarding Sitrep/Sitrep Pro. I think this is one of the best perks in the game. Especially, the Pro version. All those annoying Commando guys sound like a heard of elephants.

I'm not saying its pointless to use it but pointless/hard to get the pro,  hardly in a game I encounter anyone using claymores and C4's due to the fact they are only given one then two. Its just impossible/difficult to get the pro version I mean I don't even have the back draft challenge done yet.. Though Ninja pro I can work with, It would be nice if Ninja (or something like it) had the effects of Sitrep pro and ninja pro in BO..
  • 134. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    superbob
    Just keep the pro perk system from MW2, I really liked that and it made me experiment with other perks to get their challenges. The amount of perks doesn't matter just do whatever good ideas you guys have and good suggestions people give you. But just keep stopping power, slight of hand pro, scavenger (unless there is an item that could be abused by refilling ammo), a bomb squad/sit rep type perk, and a perk to decrease your footsteps and increase others. But also make a perk to balance every perk like how juggernaut canceled out stopping power and vice versa.
  • 135. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    [PHU]BFMV
    As long as there's no super perk the number means nothing.

Superbob wrote:

Just keep the pro perk system from MW2, I really liked that and it made me experiment with other perks to get their challenges. The amount of perks doesn't matter just do whatever good ideas you guys have and good suggestions people give you. But just keep stopping power, slight of hand pro, scavenger (unless there is an item that could be abused by refilling ammo), a bomb squad/sit rep type perk, and a perk to decrease your footsteps and increase others. But also make a perk to balance every perk like how juggernaut canceled out stopping power and vice versa.

Pro perks aren't that good, reason being: Having a perk capable of two abilities is rather dumb. I feel like if you want to use a perk you shouldn't have an all inclusive perk.
  • 136. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Thought I would post this link here so Vahn could watch it. It is not my video but someone from youtube and he discusses his thoughts on a range of things, with perks being one of them (so it is relevant to be posted here). Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWShj_FdsAg
  • 137. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Original Outcast
    Things that could go without my caring:

Gas Mask - No reason really plenty of other perks that are much better than this to waste a slot

Shades - Same as Gas Mask

Toss Back - I usually try to get out of there when a grenade lands by me, not pick it up so... explained

Fireproof - Same as Shades and Gas Mask

Hardline - unless it made to wear the pro version allows you to reset your killstreaks in the same life it could go

Scrambler - It works against what it says it works against, it jams their radar yes, but that means "Hey i have scrambler on, wait in a corner then kill me while i
    think you don't know where i am"

Commando - Need I say anything?

One Man Army - Kids spamming Tubes with danger close just isn't fun
  • 138. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    davedemp8
    I would say to remove

* Stopping Power
    * Fireworks
    * Gas Mask
    * Juggernaut
    * Shades
    * Toss Back
    * Second Chance
    * Martyrdom
    * Fireproof
    * Marathon | Marathon Pro
    * Scavenger | Scavenger Pro (replace using bandolier)
    * One Man Army | One Man Army Pro
    * Stopping Power | Stopping Power Pro
    * Lightweight | Lightweight Pro
    * Danger Close | Danger Close Pro
    * Commando | Commando Pro
    * Scrambler | Scrambler Pro
    * Last Stand | Last Stand Pro

imo i would remove these perks because they are annoying or they are unfair which leads to a game that is not fun. The perks remaining i would like to see in BO with some additional new perks from treyarch
  • 139. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Take of Commando, But for sure painkiller, One man army, danger close,Deathstreaks, but the one that pisses me off the most Sleight of hand PRO. I dont see it fair that another person aims faster than you just because of that perk. ITS UNFAIR!!!!
1 12 13 14 15 16 Previous Next