1 14 15 16 17 18 Previous Next 539 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 7:22 PM by rpatto92 Go to original post RSS
  • 150. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Bayonet was okay since it's not commonly used like Commando.
  • 151. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    BlackOpsFTW
    Here is my theory. If there is no Juggernaut then there should be no stopping power. Simple as that. I have  recently quit MW2 because of imbalance. I now mostly play Cod WaW.

Perks that need to go

Stopping power (unless there is Juggernaut)
    Juggernaut (unless there is stopping power)
    One Man Army
    Gas Mask (unless buffed up Ex. Combine with Shades)
    Toss Back (unless buffed up EX. defuse enemy mines)
    Martyrdom (No fun to play with although it is a pretty funny perk)
    Commando
    Danger close

Perks That I Thought Were Clever

Camouflage (No cold blooded only safe from Uav and Uav related things ex. recon plane, Air strike ( can still kill you but cant see when placing.)
    Hardline
    I like Extreme Conditioning in Waw
    Noob tubes take up perk slot 1,2,or 3
    All of the first perks in Waw

Also there should be a perk that reduces recoil

• 152. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Ik0n19x
    Perks in MW2 that should be removed.

Perk Set 1

* Bling | Bling Pro
    * One Man Army | One Man Army Pro

Perk Slot 2

* Danger Close | Danger Close Pro

Perk Slot 3

* Commando | Commando Pro
    * Scrambler | Scrambler Pro
    * Last Stand | Last Stand Pro

As well as ALL deathstreaks.
  • 153. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Juggernaut should never be mentioned ever again, any halfwit whats that back should be taken outside and shot
  • 154. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    kastro187420
    The way you word the poll, it sounds like adding perks via future patches might be a possibility? Anyway, I think more the better, as it allows more customization, but I don't think its necessary to add more for the sake of having more. If it benefits the game,and can be added without adversely affecting the balance of the game, I would say add it. With that said, here is my opinion on Perks Staying Going:

+ Means it should stay
    -- Means it should go

WaW

Perk Set #1

-- Special Grenades X 3
    -- Satchel Charge X 2
    -- M9A1 Bazooka X 2
    ++ Bomb Squad
    ++ Bouncing Betty X 2
    ++ Bandolier
    -- Primary Grenades X 2
    ++ M2 Flamethrower

Perk Set #2

-- Stopping Power (personal opinion on SP/Jugg is they should BOTH go)
    -- Fireworks (keep if SP remains)
    ++ Flak Jacket (make perk 3?)
    ++ Gas Mask (perk 3/equipment slot?)
    -- Juggernaut
    ++ Camouflage
    ++ Sleight of Hand
    ++ Shades
    -- Double Tap
    ++ Overkill

Perk Set #3

++ Deep Impact
    ++ Extreme Conditioning
    ++ Toss Back
    -- Second Chance
    ------- Martyrdom
    ++ Fireproof
    ++ Dead Silence
    ++ Iron Lungs
    ++ Reconnaissance

MW2

Perk Set 1

-- Marathon | Marathon Pro
    -+ Sleight of Hand | Sleight of Hand Pro (change pro version to faster weapon swap)
    ++ Scavenger | Scavenger Pro
    ++ Bling | Bling Pro
    ++ One Man Army | One Man Army Pro (but no unlimited equipment)

Perk Slot 2

-- Stopping Power | Stopping Power Pro (again, no SP/Jugg)
    -- Lightweight | Lightweight Pro
    ++ Hardline | Hardline Pro (good in theory, but was underused due to SP)
    +++ Cold-Blooded | Cold-Blooded Pro (Pro version should just be built in game mechanic)
    ++ Danger Close | Danger Close Pro (again, only if SP is in)

Perk Slot 3

------ Commando | Commando Pro
    ++ Steady Aim | Steady Aim Pro
    -- Scrambler | Scrambler Pro
    ++ Ninja | Ninja Pro
    ++ SitRep | SitRep Pro
    -- Last Stand | Last Stand Pro

Ok, so that's my opinion on the various perks from the last 2 games. To simplify my opinion, I think that perks should be helpful, but not create a crutch for players. They should be small bonuses, not a 3rd hand that makes the game too easy. Removing Perks like Commando, Stopping Power, Martyrdom, Juggernaut, OMA Tubes, things like that will improve the playability and competitive nature of the game.

Maintaining perks such as Ninja, SitRep, Flak Jacket, Camouflage, and Shades/Gas Mask allows tactical play, while not giving over powering advantages.

Some Perks should not even be perks, but just built in game mechanics. I'm speaking of Cold Blooded Pro. That pro perk (no red nametag) should just be built into the game. We shouldn't need a perk so that someone who is running by just happens to highlight us. In fact, I would suggest making it a regular game mechanic, and then make Cold Blooded Pro be "No Sticky Aim/Aim Assist on your player" so that you can truly be stealthy.
  • 155. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    BreakSilence

bigman02 wrote:

All of the perks from WaW should stay, However some of the perks in MW2 should definitely not return.

Marathon - Ruined the game. Not only is it extremely unrealistic, but it is also unfair when you take into account the fact that knife kills are so easily achieved in MW2.

Last Stand Pro - Second Chance was great in WaW, but when you are able to use your equipment while in Last Stand, then we have a huge problem since killing yourself with a stun grenade is obviously the smart choice because the person that downed you will not get the kill.

One Man Army - Being able to instantly replenish your ammo count by switching to the same class you were using before is just an incredibly stupid idea and is obviously overpowered.

Scavenger Pro - I for one thought that Scavenger was a good idea however, Scavenger pro was just pushing it. Bandolier plus resupplies is a no no. I would like to see Scavenger return, without the pro version. Also, you should only be able to pick up equipment, not bullets when using Scavenger. This way, both Bandolier and Scavenger have their own individual uses.

Sleight of Hand - Change it back to the red perk slot.

Commando - For obvious reasons.

Sitrep - In my opinion, Bomb Squad was more fair to the person using explosives because you had to get close to be able to see where the person planted it. With SitRep, you could see explosives glowing red through walls, and you could see them from any distance.

Any other perk that was added to MW2 should stay. Also, I would like to see the same amount of perks as WaW, with some perks from MW2 and some brand new ones added for Black Ops.

This, listen to this Vahn.
  • 156. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    duke30
  • 157. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Rorek11
    All the ones not highlighted need to go. Ones highlighted gold are a must stay. Ones highlighted green are okay, but not mandatory.

WaW

Perk Set #1

* Special Grenades X 3
    * Satchel Charge X 2
    * M9A1 Bazooka X 2

* Bomb Squad
    * Bouncing Betty X 2
    * Bandolier

* Primary Grenades X 2
    * M2 Flamethrower

Perk Set #2

* Stopping Power
    * Fireworks
    * Flak Jacket
    * Gas Mask
    * Juggernaut
    * Camouflage
    * Sleight of Hand
    * Shades
    * Double Tap
    * Overkill

Perk Set #3

* Deep Impact
    * Extreme Conditioning

* Toss Back
    * Second Chance
    * Martyrdom
    * Fireproof
    * Dead Silence
    * Iron Lungs
    * Reconnaissance

MW2

Perk Set 1

* Marathon | Marathon Pro
    * Sleight of Hand | Sleight of Hand Pro

* Scavenger | Scavenger Pro
    * Bling | Bling Pro
    * One Man Army | One Man Army Pro

Perk Slot 2

* Stopping Power | Stopping Power Pro
    * Lightweight | Lightweight Pro
    * Hardline | Hardline Pro

* Cold-Blooded | Cold-Blooded Pro
    * Danger Close | Danger Close Pro

Perk Slot 3

* Commando | Commando Pro
    * Steady Aim | Steady Aim Pro
    * Scrambler | Scrambler Pro
    * Ninja | Ninja Pro
    * SitRep | SitRep Pro
    * Last Stand | Last Stand Pro
  • 158. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    er1020
    WaW

Perk Set #1

* Special Grenades X 3 - Good
    * Satchel Charge X 2 - Good
    * M9A1 Bazooka X 2 - Bad, promotes noob tubing
    * Bomb Squad  - Good
    * Bouncing Betty X 2 - Good
    * Bandolier - Good
    * Primary Grenades X 2 - Bad. grenade spam
    * M2 Flamethrower - Good

Perk Set #2

* Stopping Power - Good
    * Fireworks - Good
    * Flak Jacket - Good
    * Gas Mask - Bad, useless
    * Juggernaut - Bad
    * Camouflage - Good
    * Sleight of Hand - Good
    * Shades - Bad, pretty useless over these other perks
    * Double Tap - Good
    * Overkill - Good

Perk Set #3

* Deep Impact - Good
    * Extreme Conditioning - Good
    * Toss Back - Good
    * Second Chance - Bad, if you die thats it
    * Martyrdom - Bad, sucks when you get killed by this
    * Fireproof - Bad, not much use unless everyone has a flamethrower
    * Dead Silence - Good
    * Iron Lungs - Good
    * Reconnaissance - Good

MW2

Perk Set 1

* Marathon | Marathon Pro - Bad, extreme conditioning is better
    * Sleight of Hand | Sleight of Hand Pro - Good
    * Scavenger | Scavenger Pro - Good
    * Bling | Bling Pro - Bad, prefer overkill
    * One Man Army | One Man Army Pro - Bad, horrible idea

Perk Slot 2

* Stopping Power | Stopping Power Pro - Good
    * Lightweight | Lightweight Pro - Bad, people only use this to speed knife or get to the spawn to spawn kill faster
    * Hardline | Hardline Pro - Bad, promotes camping for killstreaks
    * Cold-Blooded | Cold-Blooded Pro - Good, should start as protection from UAV only, and if you guys upgrade perks it should protect from killstreaks
    * Danger Close | Danger Close Pro - BADDD, please don't consider this

Perk Slot 3

* Commando | Commando Pro - Bad, no fall damage was the only good thing that came out of it
    * Steady Aim | Steady Aim Pro - Good
    * Scrambler | Scrambler Pro - Bad, it was basically a warning that someone was near you
    * Ninja | Ninja Pro - Good
    * SitRep | SitRep Pro - Good, but I like bombsquad's icon more
    * Last Stand | Last Stand Pro - Bad, if you die thats it

Also, remove deathstreaks, it angers me when a person kills me because they can't catch a break in a game and I get screwed over because of some reward for doing bad in a game. Another idea, stopping power and juggernaut should be removes, stopping power is the most important perk in COD, and it makes other perks in its category very useless.
  • 159. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    mrepictoast

MMartin wrote:

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but give me examples. If you're talking about Stopping Power, I love that everyone uses Stopping Power. I use Cold-Blooded almost exclusively and I'm grateful so many people are dependent on Stopping Power. It makes my Cold-Blooded so much more beneficial. It also makes UAVs, Predator Missiles, and other Air-Support useful. Based on everything in MW2, they needed Stopping Power to make those things valuable and useful. Same with Commando. I use Ninja Pro and Sitrep Pro. I'm completely happy hearing those guys run around. Especially, with Sitrep Pro. I've recently learned what the counter is to Commando: It's Sitrep Pro. Not that I like it or use it, but the Heartbeat Sensor is also made valuable by a highly desirable 3rd perk like Commando. Many things are in MW2 to make other things more valuable. I just hope Treyarch realizes this. There doesn't always need to be a direct counter. Sometimes the counter is simply adding value to something else. 

Highlighted all the times you referred to your personal thoughts.  This is clearly just your opinion, and it should never be used to argue whether something is balanced in a game.  Just because you think its fine doesn't mean everyone else agrees with you.

MMartin wrote:

I've recently learned what the counter is to Commando: It's Sitrep Pro.

Commando: Unlocked at Level 4, on two default classes
    Sitrep Pro: Unlocked at level 37, AND destroy 120 enemy devices

It's a counter that's not nearly as readily available.

MMartin wrote:

Same with Commando. I use Ninja Pro and Sitrep Pro. I'm completely happy hearing those guys run around.

Sitrep lets you hear the Commando user coming (assuming you unlocked Sitrep Pro).  Steady Aim lets your hip fire have a better chance of hitting the Commando user charging you.  Ninja lets you get the drop on the Commando user and gives him less time to prepare if you come running around a corner.  Stopping Power lets you kill the Commando user faster. 

So could you please explain to me the hundreds of "Remove Commando" or "Commando is overpowered" threads there are on both these forums and Infinity Ward's forums? 

If so many people are complaining, despite so many viable counters available, CLEARLY there's something wrong with Commando.  You may not think so, but tens of thousands of other players agree that it needs to be removed from Black Ops.

MMartin wrote:

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but give me examples.

MMartin wrote:

If you're talking about Stopping Power, I love that everyone uses Stopping Power.

Supplied your own answer.  It's great that you enjoy it, but EVERYONE uses Stopping Power.

Do you enjoy playing a game where everyone is using the exact same Red Perk on a vast majority of their classes?  Sure, Cold Blooded is a decent counter (while there's a killstreak up, or the Cold Blooded Pro guy is camping), until the Stopping Power guy finds you and now has a huge upper hand.  And have you ever considered that Lightweight and Hardline users are also as vulnerable to air support as Stopping Power users, yet they don't get the damage boost Stopping Power provides?

Lightweight and Hardline are NOT balanced compared to Stopping Power.  When was the last time anyone used Hardline, or Lightweight on a non-knifing or rushing class?  Stopping Power is WAY too powerful and versatile compared to the other Red Perks.  Cold Blooded will only beat it in certain circumstances where you use it to get the drop on an opponent.  This happens when:

A) They have a UAV up and are too reliant on it to notice the Cold Blooded player
    B) The Cold Blooded Pro user was camping and the Stopping Power guy couldn't see his name

For the Stopping Power guy, he has an advantage:

A) Whenever he sees you.  His reaction time could be lower than the Cold Blooded user, and he'd still have an advantage in the gun fight.

Cold Blooded is not balanced compared to the Stopping Power user.  The ONLY reason to use Cold Blooded is to avoid Modern Warfare 2's overpowered killstreaks.  And even then, it only works when they're active.  Stopping Power is on all the time.

Stopping Power needs to go.

MMartin wrote:

There doesn't always need to be a direct counter. Sometimes the counter is simply adding value to something else.

There's also the idea that every perk should be equally useful, not just one or two perks dominating each slot.  Balance makes the game more exciting and interesting.  Everyone running around with Stopping Power is neither of those.  Treyarch needs to realize that balanced perks don't detract from each other.  "Adding value" isn't going to promote variety; it's going to force people to equip certain abilites to counter overpowered game mechanics.

MMartin wrote:

You need to have a good combination of "Offensive" and "Defensive" perks for balance and to accommodate the many different playstyles.

There are perks that support these playstyles.  But there are also perks that break the balance between the two, as well as the balance in how a game works.

Having a grenade launcher with infinite ammo isn't a playstyle.  That's an exploit. 

Having a knife that can teleport lunge into someone from twenty feet away isn't a playstyle.  When should a melee weapon ever beat a person with a gun because he can instantly fly into his opponent?  I understand the knife being a good weapon at point blank range, but Commando turns the knife into the BEST weapon for close quarters engagements.  What about the SMGs, the Shotguns, the GUNS in the FIRST PERSON SHOOTER?

Getting a free grenade or a drop shot with a pistol isn't a playstyle.  Perks supporting dying; is dying a playstyle?  Martyrdom and Last Stand aren't "Defensive" or "Offensive" because they require that a player fails in one of those two categories to get the perk's effects.  Either succeed at doing either task or die and try again.  No rewards, no free kills.  Just a respawn.

MMartin wrote:

One of my friends actually said that about Ninja/Ninja Pro. He said it was "useless" to him because it offered no "offensive" benefit.

Either he uses Commando exclusively, or doesn't realize how important sound is in this game.  Ninja allows its user to storm any building being camped undetected unless a UAV is up.  They're hidden from Heartbeat Sensors and only people with the above mentioned headsets can detect them.  Sound is a huge way to determine where an enemy is.  How is the other team going to anticipate you coming if they can't hear your footsteps?  A UAV, and decent teamwork, both of which are definitely rare in Modern Warfare 2.  Too many people are focused on camping, alone, trying to get their high end kill streaks. 

Ninja is the BALANCED offensive perk because it has the above RELIABLE counters.  As for Commando, pray you have a better connection when they get close, or you're dead.  Shotguns are a roulette; sometimes they destroy Commando users, other times they're useless.  A perk that is amplified by lag and luck needs to be removed, plain and simple.
1 14 15 16 17 18 Previous Next