1 18 19 20 21 22 Previous Next 539 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 7:22 PM by rpatto92 Go to original post RSS
  • 190. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    WillShank4Food
    Great solution to Juggy:

What body part does the average person, in an average situation, with average aim, go for when shooting someone in a video game or real life? The big, moderate to deadly damage-prone CHEST. Hence why BULLET-PROOF garments (as used by police) typically only cover that area (otherwise, entire body cover would be disabling).

Why not have that instead? Only protects the chest/stomach area but not the entire body, unrealistically.
  • 191. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    mmartin
    Here's basically what I've learned from reading all 19 pages of this thread.

You will never please everyone. Everyone has different opinions, playstyles, skill levels, etc.

One thing I can tell you; There was tons of hype surrounding MW2 and its release. Yes, it sold a ton of copies. Despite the complainers, it still remains the number one most popular game played on Xbox Live. The map packs sell millions. Certainly that says something. There are a lot of people that love that game and enjoy playing it 7 months after its release. I'm one of them and I have several friends that still can't get enough.

Regardless of what people say and think, the bar has been raised very high with MW2.

And for the few hundred "hardcore" enthusiasts that flood these message boards, you are a very tiny minority. I have about 10 other friends that are huge fans of COD4, WaW, and MW2. Except for maybe 1 other guy, none of them have ever visited this forum or Infinity Ward's forum. We are the few and I don't feel that we represent the majority of the Call of Duty playing public.
  • 192. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    mikeyy273

Vahn wrote:

One recent post I read through was asking for six(!) perks to be removed.

From World at War or MW2, which Perks must stay and which must go? [If you are not sure what these do, please Google them before commenting. I had the descriptions, but the thread was starting to look like a wall of text].

WaW

Perk Set #1

* Special Grenades X 3
        * Satchel Charge X 2
        * M9A1 Bazooka X 2
        * Bomb Squad
        * Bouncing Betty X 2
        * Bandolier
        * Primary Grenades X 2
        * M2 Flamethrower

Perk Set #2

* Stopping Power
        * Fireworks
        * Flak Jacket
        * Gas Mask
        * Juggernaut
        * Camouflage
        * Sleight of Hand
        * Shades
        * Double Tap
        * Overkill

Perk Set #3

* Deep Impact
        * Extreme Conditioning
        * Toss Back
        * Second Chance
        * Martyrdom
        * Fireproof
        * Dead Silence
        * Iron Lungs
        * Reconnaissance

MW2

Perk Set 1

* Marathon | Marathon Pro
        * Sleight of Hand | Sleight of Hand Pro
        * Scavenger | Scavenger Pro
        * Bling | Bling Pro
        * One Man Army | One Man Army Pro

Perk Slot 2

* Stopping Power | Stopping Power Pro
        * Lightweight | Lightweight Pro
        * Hardline | Hardline Pro
        * Cold-Blooded | Cold-Blooded Pro
        * Danger Close | Danger Close Pro

Perk Slot 3

* Commando | Commando Pro
        * Steady Aim | Steady Aim Pro
        * Scrambler | Scrambler Pro
        * Ninja | Ninja Pro
        * SitRep | SitRep Pro
        * Last Stand | Last Stand Pro

Which of these need to go? (A lot of people seem to dislike Commando Pro, but did you also dislike the Bayonet from World at War, which had similar game play?)

I stickied this topic for 5 days and added poll.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

I never played waw, i dont feel good saying anything about that, ill talk about mw2

1st Perk slot that need to go.
    One Man army - it gives you unlimited of something, that needs to go.
    Scavenger- Bring back bandolier, i suck at spelling.
    Bling, thats a stupid idea.
    Slight of hand needs to be a red perk and make no pro on it.
    Marathon, extreme conditioning again?
    2nd perk slots that need to go.
    Lightweight it was a good idea, but it didnt work out, make lightweight pro a perk of its own?
    Hardline is stupid, that should go.
    Danger close is beyond stupid, make that go.
    3rd perk slots that needa go
    I dont have to say this, commando.
    Scrambler needs to go
    Sitrep make it bomb squad
    ninja should be dead silence
    Last stand should go,

NO DEATH STREAKS
  • 193. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    KillaManYaro
    WaW

Perk Set #1

* Special Grenades X 3
    * Satchel Charge X 2
    * M9A1 Bazooka X 2
    * Bomb Squad
    * Bouncing Betty X 2 : Were a little bit overpowered because they exploded in a 360 radius, should be kept like claymores
    * Bandolier
    * Primary Grenades X 2
    * M2 Flamethrower

Perk Set #2

* Stopping Power : Any perks that effect weapon damage should be removed, because it interferes heavily with balance. Some weapons should start off with base stopping power or just more damage: Ex Sniper Rifles
    * Fireworks : Same as stopping power
    * Flak Jacket : good perk although worked great as blast shield in MW2
    * Gas Mask
    * Juggernaut : Should not be in like stopping power
    * Camouflage
    * Sleight of Hand
    * Shades : Useless
    * Double Tap : if stopping power isn't used this will be its replacement, so should be like it is in MW2, as an attachment for certain weapons.
    * Overkill

Perk Set #3

* Deep Impact : liked the FMJ in MW2
    * Extreme Conditioning : should replace marathon
    * Toss Back : was useful but don't think its worth giving up your third perk for it
    * Second Chance : extremely annoying and should not be in the game
    * Martyrdom : you should not be rewarded for dying
    * Fireproof : should be combined with flackjacket or blast shield
    * Dead Silence : great perk and should be kept in the game but should have a counter like sit-rep, but one that actually counters it
    * Iron Lungs
    * Reconnaissance

MW2

Perk Set 1

* Marathon | Marathon Pro : Marathon gave you too much mobility, should be replaced with extreme conditioning, also should not be able to use in conjunction with dead silence and lightweight. Marathon pro was a good perk
    * Sleight of Hand | Sleight of Hand Pro : Sleight of hand was great on some weapons but Slight of hand pro made using a sniper require less skill. Snipers should have the scope in time of CoD4
    * Scavenger | Scavenger Pro : should not let you pick up equipment like claymores and C4, should only work for ammo and grenades
    * Bling | Bling Pro
    * One Man Army | One Man Army Pro : was a good idea but was abused, should still be kept but limitations such as not being able to switch to classes with launchers on them

Perk Slot 2

* Stopping Power | Stopping Power Pro : again perks that effect weapon damage/health should not be in the game as they interfere with balance, stopping power pro was a good idea, although stopping power could be replaced by what its name actually means, such as stopping an opponent from running
    * Lightweight | Lightweight Pro : really liked this perk but should take up the same slot as marathon and dead silence
    * Hardline | Hardline Pro : was not used too much don't think it had enough benefits to use it over stopping power
    * Cold-Blooded | Cold-Blooded Pro : great perk, and pro version was also a good idea
    * Danger Close | Danger Close Pro : should not be in the game as it is basically stopping power for explosives

Perk Slot 3

* Commando | Commando Pro : absolutely not, you should not be able to run around meleeing everyone, should be used as a last resort and melee should have no lunge. Commando pro on the other hand was a great perk,
    * Steady Aim | Steady Aim Pro : liked this
    * Scrambler | Scrambler Pro : scrambler was basically useless as it gave away your position, scramble pro was pretty useful
    * Ninja | Ninja Pro : hopefully there will be nothing like a heart-beat sensor, but ninja pro should have a proper counter to it
    * SitRep | SitRep Pro : liked this but sitrep pro should actually cancel out ninja
    * Last Stand | Last Stand Pro : once again, no
  • 194. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    KillaManYaro

MMartin wrote:

Here's basically what I've learned from reading all 19 pages of this thread.

You will never please everyone. Everyone has different opinions, playstyles, skill levels, etc.

One thing I can tell you; There was tons of hype surrounding MW2 and its release. Yes, it sold a ton of copies. Despite the complainers, it still remains the number one most popular game played on Xbox Live. The map packs sell millions. Certainly that says something. There are a lot of people that love that game and enjoy playing it 7 months after its release. I'm one of them and I have several friends that still can't get enough.

Regardless of what people say and think, the bar has been raised very high with MW2.

And for the few hundred "hardcore" enthusiasts that flood these message boards, you are a very tiny minority. I have about 10 other friends that are huge fans of COD4, WaW, and MW2. Except for maybe 1 other guy, none of them have ever visited this forum or Infinity Ward's forum. We are the few and I don't feel that we represent the majority of the Call of Duty playing public.

Only reason so many people play it is because there are no other games with this kind of play-style that are out right now.
  • 195. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    monkeyracer66

Vahn wrote:

One recent post I read through was asking for six(!) perks to be removed.

From World at War or MW2, which Perks must stay and which must go? [If you are not sure what these do, please Google them before commenting. I had the descriptions, but the thread was starting to look like a wall of text].

WaW

Perk Set #1

* Special Grenades X 3 - stay
        * Satchel Charge X 2 - stay
        * M9A1 Bazooka X 2 - stay, I liked how it actually went straight
        * Bomb Squad - definitely stay
        * Bouncing Betty X 2 - need something for snipers so stay
        * Bandolier - stay, it's better than scavenger because you STILL have a limited amount of ammo
        * Primary Grenades X 2 - stay, although make it x3
        * M2 Flamethrower - Go

Perk Set #2

* Stopping Power
        * Fireworks - stay
        * Flak Jacket - stay, make it equipment like the blast shield in MW2 with the same hinderence
        * Gas Mask - Go, unless there's going to be something like Tabun gas
        * Juggernaut
        * Camouflage - stay, except make it protect you from killstreaks but have certain killstreaks still be able to see you
        * Sleight of Hand - definitely stay
        * Shades - Go, unless your going to expand upon flares
        * Double Tap - Stay, I would take this over Stopping Power any day
        * Overkill - Stay, much better than OMA

Perk Set #3

* Deep Impact - Stay, self evident
        * Extreme Conditioning - Go, replace with marathon
        * Toss Back - Go
        * Second Chance - Stay, except no revive and make it last as Long as COD4
        * Martyrdom - Stay, make it explode 1.5 seconds after death and randomly make it kill teammates, no but seriously Go
        * Fireproof - Go, we won't have molotovs or flamethrowers as far as I can tell
        * Dead Silence - Stay, don't make it get rid of ALL sound just lighten it alot like COD4
        * Iron Lungs - Stay
        * Reconnaissance - Go, the killstreak should make enough noise to tell you where it's at

MW2

Perk Set 1

* Marathon | Marathon Pro - Stay
        * Sleight of Hand | Sleight of Hand Pro - Stay, but the pro form allows you to throw grenades faster
        * Scavenger | Scavenger Pro - see Bandolier above
        * Bling | Bling Pro - Stay, perhaps pro could let you have 3 attachments?? no wait pro should give you night vision
        * One Man Army | One Man Army Pro - Go, badly needs to dissapear

Perk Slot 2

* Stopping Power | Stopping Power Pro
        * Lightweight | Lightweight Pro - Go, everyone should run at the same speed
        * Hardline | Hardline Pro - Stay, unaffects killstreaks below 5, pro version could make claymores explode sooner?
        * Cold-Blooded | Cold-Blooded Pro - see camoflauge
        * Danger Close | Danger Close Pro - Stay, pro version should give you explosive rounds maybe? drawback should be that occasionally your explosives malfunction

Perk Slot 3

* Commando | Commando Pro - Stay, Pro version should be default and then it should let you jump "slightly" higher
        * Steady Aim | Steady Aim Pro - Stay, preffered this method over Iron Lungs
        * Scrambler | Scrambler Pro - Stay, sometimes you just need to slow a claymore and it confuses your enemy, should have a wider area of affect
        * Ninja | Ninja Pro - see Deadsilence
        * SitRep | SitRep Pro - see bombsquad
        * Last Stand | Last Stand Pro - see Second chance

Which of these need to go? (A lot of people seem to dislike Commando Pro, but did you also dislike the Bayonet from World at War, which had similar game play?)

I stickied this topic for 5 days and added poll.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

I am indefinitely torn over Stopping Power and Juggernaut. They should stay and Stopping Powers pro form should stay the same. Juggernaut's pro form could give your killstreaks "slightly" more health. If your going to have the health symbol pop up when your shooting at someone with Juggernaut then you should have a symbol pop up when you getting shot at someone with Stopping Power.

Ways to keep these two demons from being abused "alot":

Level 69, or something very high : Stopping Power
    Level 70, or max level : Juggernaut

oh and one last thing, bring back Eavesdrop, or at least make it an option in private matches, it's very difficult to play C&R in party chat
  • 196. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    ghostsquad
    Well you do know that you have to be close to the enemy to hear him anyways right?
  • 197. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    CORABORAisGZIS
    KEEP LIGHTWEIGHT AND MARATHON, TAKE AWAY ONE MAN ARMY, DANGER CLOSE, AND COMMANDO.
  • 198. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Melee2kil
    just remove pointless perks like gas mask shades and toss back, how often do u get in the situation where someone throws a flare at you, all of these are outclassed by the other perks in their tier.
  • 199. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Trazhc0n8
    Not to bash WaW though vahn, but knifing in MW2 was as accurate as the ACR. and the knives in WaW had a 25% hit chance. I would hear times when I hear their bones break under the knife and they didn't die. So knives were avoided unless you caught someone off guard. Make the knifing accurate as MW2, but no lunging go back to cod 4 knifing.
1 18 19 20 21 22 Previous Next