1 35 36 37 38 39 Previous Next 539 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 7:22 PM by rpatto92 Go to original post RSS
  • 360. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?

DieSlow321 wrote:

XxNuTxX wrote:

i like some of these perks like comofoge in WAW  AND COOLED-BLOODED IN MW2 THARE ARE MORE NOT COMMANDO I HATE THEM LAUNCHING 70 FT AWAY AND KILLING ME ITS RETARTED WELL I LIKE MORE PERKS TOO LAZY TO LIST BUT I HOPE THEY MAKE NEW AND BETTER PERKS IN THIS NEW ONE

Painful to read. 

I'm speachless
  • 361. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?

snowman1995 wrote:

DieSlow321 wrote:

XxNuTxX wrote:

i like some of these perks like comofoge in WAW  AND COOLED-BLOODED IN MW2 THARE ARE MORE NOT COMMANDO I HATE THEM LAUNCHING 70 FT AWAY AND KILLING ME ITS RETARTED WELL I LIKE MORE PERKS TOO LAZY TO LIST BUT I HOPE THEY MAKE NEW AND BETTER PERKS IN THIS NEW ONE

Painful to read. 

I'm speachless

well theres a thing called dyslexia and if he has how would you feel? To know that hes sufferin from a very serious disease and well you should be ashamed lol
  • 362. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    fanatacist
    All the damage/health increasing perks can go. You shouldn't be forced to use one or the other.
  • 363. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?

Goldleader34 wrote:

Allow me to quickly say that, even though it appears that I have joined this forums only recently and have no high post count to back it up, I have played Call of Duty all the way back since the original COD. I've logged countless hours into the multiplayer experience in COD titles.

Goldleader34 (and anyone else for that matter who is new to the forums)

I don't take a post or poster anymore or less seriously based on how many posts they have in the COD Forums.

If you know me at all, you know I am impressed by the quality of the thinking involved in the post itself.

This community, like all communities, lives and dies on new people joining as others move on.

Welcome Goldleader34 and thanks for your great post.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar
  • 364. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Re: Second Chance

I always thought the Revive mechanic offered by turning Last Stand into Second Chance made the game a little more interesting.

*shrug*
  • 365. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    wo0dy1

Vahn wrote:

I always thought the Revive mechanic offered by turning Last Stand into Second Chance made the game a little more interesting.

*shrug*

i think the problem have with last stand/ second chance is people have grown into that part of the game where the EXPECT the person to die after hitting them a few times, snipers more than many they expect 1 hit kill

but because somebody drops to last stand and has that bit more time to attempt to kill is where the 'problem' lies..

all in all, its just lazyness from the players point of view, they dont like being distracted by that guy they need to finnish off, it takes up valubale killing other people time

i personally have no problem with this perk, those who do, dont like putting in effort to kill somebody with it, therefor the person using the perk deserves to get the kill..

i think it wouldnt be as disliked if the invincibality was tweaked during the drop into the last stand position..

i understnad why its there, but i think its that which makes people moan. they unload a clip into a guy and he drops ( making him invinciable untill hes in position) by which time, the shooter has lost all his ammo hitting the falling guy while he has his little invincibilty power.

as a result, the shooter is now stuck relaoding or changing weapon, where the person on last stand gets the kill..

but like i said, i personally have no problem with this perk, and the introduction of 2nd chance was great, but it did require another person to also have the perk on, which, few did ( from what i found when playing )
  • 366. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?

Vahn wrote:

The revival mechanics do add an interesting angle to gameplay.

But the opportunity for the second-chancer to replay the gunfight they just lost and kill their killer . . . not so much (then the perk is just a variant of the much-loathed Martyrdom that demands a bit more effort).

Perhaps one way to repurpose Second Chance to be more akin to a medic mechanic and less akin to Martyrdom would be to permit the injured player to crawl to safety (as in MW2), and to throw flashs/stuns at his attacker (but *not* to kill himself with same), but the injured player would have to cope with some additional sway to the pistol crosshairs in order to limit their ability to spam shots at the attacker.

In addition to the "invincibility" frustration mentioned by the previous poster, another consideration is that Last Stand/Second Chance poses a vastly different degree of threat to different classes.  While it's trivial for users of automatic weapons to hold down the trigger for another fraction of a second and get the kill, Second Chance can be extremely effective when one's attacker is using a weapon with a low rate of fire (e.g., bolt-action rifle, pump-action shotgun).  (This same situation also leads to a lot of "stolen" kills.)

Not sure whether this phenomenon counts as a "bug" or as a "feature," but it might be worth considering some tweaks if the perk returns.  (For example, any single attack that causes >= 100 points of damage might preclude the victim from entering Second Chance, as I believe is currently the case with headshots and explosive kills.)
  • 367. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    The_Player

Vahn wrote:

*shrug*

Well yes, you guys did lots of good work in rethinking of perks in W@W. But this perk, along with the marty, is a bit of a cheat. Those who use it just asking a good punch in their face, IMO.
    ONTOP: do want PRO version of perks. Flack Jacket as Jugger PRO gonna be awesome.
  • 368. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    The game would be better without stopping power or jugger (perks that affect damage per bullet) because stopping power takes away 9/10 peoples 2nd perk slot and the game would be better if we could choose different perks instead of only using stopping power.
  • 369. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    BlueHeadShot
    Perk Set 1

* Marathon | Marathon Pro NO
    * Sleight of Hand | Sleight of Hand Pro YES, and NO for the pro version.
    * Scavenger | Scavenger Pro YES
    * Bling | Bling Pro YES
    * One Man Army | One Man Army Pro NO

Perk Slot 2

* Stopping Power | Stopping Power Pro YES
    * Lightweight | Lightweight Pro NO
    * Hardline | Hardline Pro YES
    * Cold-Blooded | Cold-Blooded Pro YES
    * Danger Close | Danger Close Pro NO

Perk Slot 3

* Commando | Commando Pro NO
    * Steady Aim | Steady Aim Pro YES
    * Scrambler | Scrambler Pro YES
    * Ninja | Ninja Pro YES/NO: Make the first version silent footsteps, and the second no falling DMG.
    * SitRep | SitRep Pro YES
    * Last Stand | Last Stand Pro NO
1 35 36 37 38 39 Previous Next