14 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2010 4:45 PM by Ferginator RSS

Camping for Killstreaks Solution

So camping many people have been talking about it and how high killstreaks make people camp even more well I thought of a solution that may be good I'll let you guys decide since I can't see anything wrong with it at the moment

So lets say your killstreaks start at 3 for your first one after you hit that 3 killstreak you basically have a non visible timer lets say 20-30 seconds after that time is up and your in the same spot or general vicinity "30 foot circle" a timer pops up and you need to get 30 feet away from that spot or your killstreaks restart so I was thinking if it takes 5 seconds to run 30 feet then the timer will say 10 seconds and countdown

So lets hear it from you guys is it good? If you have any ideas to improve on this idea post them but this was my general idea when I've been reading all the camping threads
  • Re: Camping for Killstreaks Solution
    So the guy moves and then hides/camps somewhere else and if he runs to the other side of the map, after 30secs he can go back to his original camping spot.

    And also what about snipers?
  • Re: Camping for Killstreaks Solution
    yah the point is he cant continuously camp in the same spot and is forced into the open and for snipers same story if you want to stay in the same spot your gonna have to let your killstreaks reset
  • Re: Camping for Killstreaks Solution
    Slavepit
    LAME
  • Re: Camping for Killstreaks Solution

    Slavepit wrote:

     

    LAME



    is it lame because you dont want to have to move from your camping spot to continue getting killstreaks
  • Re: Camping for Killstreaks Solution
    What about on Headquarters when it takes time to get inside the Headquarters and then actually capture it.
  • Re: Camping for Killstreaks Solution
    ScO Hi11Bi11y 2.0
    worst idea since commando.
  • Re: Camping for Killstreaks Solution

    St4y P0zzy wrote:

     

    What about on Headquarters when it takes time to get inside the Headquarters and then actually capture it.



    like i said its a basic idea like you just said headquarters maybe it will turn off if your in the hq or you are defending a hq you just captured
  • Re: Camping for Killstreaks Solution
    Sane Hedrone
    I'm sorry, but the vast majority of the suggestions geared towards preventing the camping for killstreaks is just silly.

    Mainly because all the ideas have been some sort of variation of hurting someone who has been within a certain vicinity within a certain amount of time, which in theory would prevent camping. But what MANY people fail to account for is that just because your not constantly running, doesn't mean your camping. That, and that sometimes, camping is a necessity. There are times when sitting flat on the ground outside of enemy awareness and just waiting is the ONLY tactical thing to do.

    The only solution to the camping for killstreaks is to make well designed maps that flow nicely, lots of HP so there aren't any insta deaths, and killstreaks that aren't worth camping for.
  • Re: Camping for Killstreaks Solution
    ZiegHail

    Sane Hedrone wrote:

     

    I'm sorry, but the vast majority of the suggestions geared towards preventing the camping for killstreaks is just silly.

    Mainly because all the ideas have been some sort of variation of hurting someone who has been within a certain vicinity within a certain amount of time, which in theory would prevent camping. But what MANY people fail to account for is that just because your not constantly running, doesn't mean your camping. That, and that sometimes, camping is a necessity. There are times when sitting flat on the ground outside of enemy awareness and just waiting is the ONLY tactical thing to do.

    The only solution to the camping for killstreaks is to make well designed maps that flow nicely, lots of HP so there aren't any insta deaths, and killstreaks that aren't worth camping for.



    I agree, there are times when laying low and staying still is necessary, there are times when it is tactical, BUT if you lay low and stay in that same spot while racking up kills, thats camping not being tactical. Thats being a douche-bag. This Idea also does not hurt you, it just forces the killstreak campers to move once they acquire a killstreak. This would be wonderful. If you don't like it, then your a killstreak camper, and you can stay playing modern suckfest 3000.

    You also don't have to constantly be running, you can easily keep moving slowly and tactically.

    More health wont prevent camping, it will just turmn the game into Halo. I love Halo, but I want to play Call of Duty Black Ops With fewer campers.
  • Re: Camping for Killstreaks Solution
    Sane Hedrone

    ZiegHail wrote:

     


    I agree, there are times when laying low and staying still is necessary, there are times when it is tactical, BUT if you lay low and stay in that same spot while racking up kills, thats camping not being tactical. Thats being a douche-bag. This Idea also does not hurt you, it just forces the killstreak campers to move once they acquire a killstreak. This would be wonderful. If you don't like it, then your a killstreak camper, and you can stay playing modern suckfest 3000.

    You also don't have to constantly be running, you can easily keep moving slowly and tactically.

    More health wont prevent camping, it will just turmn the game into Halo. I love Halo, but I want to play Call of Duty Black Ops With fewer campers.




    If I'm laying low and staying the same spot while racking up kills, then I'm doing the objectively smart thing.

    If I am certain the enemy will come to me, I'm not going to risk running out and getting shot. If I KNOW THEY ARE COMING, I'm going to let them come for easy kills. Thats the objectively smart thing to do.

    Camping is finding a spot, and waiting there, for the entire match to go through, and never deviating from that spot. Just because I'm not moving, doesn't mean I'm camping. There is a huge difference. Learn it.

    Want to know some issues with your system? Okay, what if my team is getting spawn camped. If I so much as leave a vacinity that happens to fit your description, Ill be shot to pieces because thats how spawn camping works. I could try to get a killstreak to help my team get out of the spawn trap, but if I can't leave such a vacinity, then I can't get that killstreak, so I'm stuck.

    Also, why couldn't I just step out of your little vicinity for a few seconds, and then go back to my camping spot? Hmmmmmm. Your system isn't perfect, and most that are similar share the same fate.

    I agree, your proposed solution would solve a lot of issues, but it would also create many issues in the process.

    I've said it before and Ill say it again. The only way to effectively stop camping for killstreaks is to make the killstreaks not worthy of camping for, and to make camping the not fun thing to do. If maps are well designed and you don't die instantly, then running and gunning will be the fun thing to do.

    Camping for killstreaks was never a problem in COD4 or W@W. It only happened in MW2 because of the ease of use of weapons, **** maps, and devastating killstreaks.
  • Re: Camping for Killstreaks Solution
    Slasher905

    NinjaMonkey wrote:

     

    Slavepit wrote:

     

    LAME



    is it lame because you dont want to have to move from your camping spot to continue getting killstreaks


    No, Its Lame because Im a sniper
  • Re: Camping for Killstreaks Solution
    If I'm laying low and staying the same spot while racking up kills, then I'm doing the objectively smart thing.

    ye[color=#e5c24a]s i agree with you but if your racking up kills you wont have to worry about losing your killstreaks because you will have them all before the time limit would be up so theres no worry about losing them [/color]

    If I am certain the enemy will come to me, I'm not going to risk running out and getting shot. If I KNOW THEY ARE COMING, I'm going to let them come for easy kills. Thats the objectively smart thing to do.

    You have now said the same thing twice in a row with a extra sentence i hope you feel smart

    Camping is finding a spot, and waiting there, for the entire match to go through, and never deviating from that spot. Just because I'm not moving, doesn't mean I'm camping. There is a huge difference. Learn it.

    You dont have to sit in the same spot the whole game for it to be considered camping lets say your sitting around a corner half way through the game you get a couple kills and decide to stay there till you get your airstrike and say hey that worked good you wait a little longer oooo yippie i have dogs lets die so i can get my killstreaks all over again in that same spot cuz it worked so well


    Want to know some issues with your system? Okay, what if my team is getting spawn camped. If I so much as leave a vacinity that happens to fit your description, Ill be shot to pieces because thats how spawn camping works. I could try to get a killstreak to help my team get out of the spawn trap, but if I can't leave such a vacinity, then I can't get that killstreak, so I'm stuck.

    I dont recall saying you have to stay within a certain vicinity to get killstreaks because that would effectively cause more camping if you had to stay within a certain area to obtain them  

    Also, why couldn't I just step out of your little vicinity for a few seconds, and then go back to my camping spot? Hmmmmmm. Your system isn't perfect, and most that are similar share the same fate.

    you can step out of it for a few seconds and go back, the point is it will force you to leave that safe haven for a little bit of time before you can continue getting your killstreaks

    I agree, your proposed solution would solve a lot of issues, but it would also create many issues in the process.

    I dont see it causing any issues like I said its just a general idea. The only issues I see is that people wont be able to camp the same spot without losing there killstreak but if you dont care about them go ahead and keep camping

    I've said it before and Ill say it again. The only way to effectively stop camping for killstreaks is to make the killstreaks not worthy of camping for, and to make camping the not fun thing to do. If maps are well designed and you don't die instantly, then running and gunning will be the fun thing to do.

    Well your idea still doesnt work you say well designed Treyarchs maps are the best CoD has ever had and there was still camping. Now if you want a game that has constant run and gun, and you dont have to think about your next step of action go play Modern Suckfest 3000 theres still alot of camping but its by far the easiest game to run and gun on 
    [/color]


    Now one last thing before you post my idea is only for (if they go past the 3-5-7 killstreak) if they kept the 3-5-7 they wouldnt need this sort of fix it would have to be something else like half points for kills or something
    Im sorry if ive offended you in anyway but there really needs to be a downside to camping in anyway

  • Re: Camping for Killstreaks Solution
    Sharpe2010
    Or you could just amp up the killstreak requirements and instead of killstreaks you could have kills per game.  This would take care of the complete crowded-ness of killstreaks in mw2 and stop some of the camping.
  • Re: Camping for Killstreaks Solution
    Ferginator

    TGR2010 wrote:

     

    So the guy moves and then hides/camps somewhere else and if he runs to the other side of the map, after 30secs he can go back to his original camping spot.

    And also what about snipers?




    Ya the point of sniping is they have to camp they are entitled because thats how snipers play, when have you ever heard of a guy running around with a sniper. Sniper have to camp to kill enemies but the ones that sit there with a shot gun in the stair-well are the noob campers that shouldn't be camping. Unfortunately its almost impossible to fix i think that's why treyarch is making destructible terrain so if you are camping then with a shotgun you are going to get exposed because people see where you are at before they die and then when they re-spawn they destroy that area so no more camping their while snipers shoot people from far away so they are less likely to have the enemy know where they are hiding that is the only solution i can think of since it did work for the Bad Company 2 demo i destroyed the building that were filled with campers with shotguns and snipers where harder to find so snipers lasted longer camping and that helped alot making it fair for snipers but making noob campers who had shorter ranged weapons be pushed out of there "happy zone". Do you agree with that?