1 2 3 Previous Next 1,194 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2011 6:29 AM by xx CODFATHER o RSS

Prestige Unlocks

As many of you may recall, in World at War we added unlocks to the Prestige ranking. That is to say, as you reach certain levels of Prestige, we unlocked more Create a Class "slots" for you.

This was in addition to the Prestige Icons that had been in the previous game.

We are currently working through a list of Prestige ideas and we ask you to pile on.

First, some ground rules:

Unlocking items that can give you a slight game play advantange like Create a Class slots is fair game, but don't bother with content suggestions:

-upgraded items (my gun is better than your non Prestiged gun)
-new content not available in the non Prestige levels (new types of grenades, attachments, or other equipment)

We know exactly what percentage of you opt to Prestige. It just doesn't make sense to develop new game content used by a relatively small percentage of you some of the time, or (as would actually be the case) hold back content from the game for such a small percentage of overall players to use a small percentage of the time.

As you can imagine, that makes tuning and testing a lot more difficult and the cost vs reward of that type of feature development doesn't come out too favorably. It's "expensive" (using that term generically, not to mean money) to develop and tune content that not many people will ever access. Follow me?

The very definition is Prestige does not include the use of the word "exclusive".

Someone who has prestige is widely recognized, has distinction or importance.

What do we give people who Prestige to further that cause? What do you want to identify you, the Prestige gamer, as having this distinction?

Post sticked for 3 days.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar
  • 1. Re: Prestige Unlocks
    Reserved for future use.
  • 2. Re: Prestige Unlocks
    ghostsquad
    I always said maybe a new gun camo, it wouldn't make the game unbalanced.
  • 3. Re: Prestige Unlocks
    BOMBER212
    Well ive allways thought a cool Prestige feature would be that u get to keep one of ur weapons when u do.
  • 4. Re: Prestige Unlocks
    ghostsquad

BOMBER212 wrote:

Well ive allways thought a cool Prestige feature would be that u get to keep one of ur weapons when u do.

Yeah, but could that unbalance the game?
  • 5. Re: Prestige Unlocks
    vamphunter110
    I think prestige camos would be a good idea.  Having camos at intervals such as 200, 500, and 1000 would be a good idea.  These would be prestige camos that don't reset when you prestige.  I think these would be a good idea in addition to having normals camos that unlock as you rank up.  So having the traditional woodland/desert, digital, blue tiger, red tiger and then including these prestige camos would really give the people that prestige something that is special to them, while not affecting gameplay for all non prestigers.
  • 6. Re: Prestige Unlocks
    SPARTAN_KING1178
    More character customization.

Unlockable Pins, Stripes, Patches, and Medals to be Placed on Your Character Model

Minor idea:Each time you rank up you get that ranks uniform

Look at page 2 and you will find a post of all the peoples ideas.
  • 7. Re: Prestige Unlocks
    sparticus515
    I always thought that getting a full body suit that makes you immune to shots fired from people lower ranks than you.
    Best idea ever IMO.
  • 8. Re: Prestige Unlocks
    ghostsquad

sparticus515 wrote:

I always thought that getting a full body suit that makes you immune to shots fired from people lower ranks than you.
    Best idea ever IMO.

MW2 juggernaut lol.
  • 9. Re: Prestige Unlocks
    ScO Hi11Bi11y 2.0
    Gun camos arn't a bad idea.

BUT Treyarch, remember this: Keep It Simple Silly (aka k.i.s.s. what ever)

DO NOT put in anything that gives prestiges an upper hand! (hell one could argue that extra classes is an unfair advantage.. but lets not get into that)

i think keeping it simply the way W@W / MW2 was is great. more custom classes seams like the only way to go as far as things players can actually utilize.

maybe something asthetic like gun camos, or player modeling.

1 2 3 Previous Next