28 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 9:35 AM by anoreo RSS

Vote to Kick?

Agent_Beige
We've all played TDMs or objective modes where some player tries to play beyond their abilities. They go something like 3-19 gifting killstreaks time after time to the oppsing team and guarantee the loss.

I think there should be a vote to kick function where if unanimous, or near unanimous, a player like this can be booted from the team. His score to date would remain of course.

I would see this being used very infrequently but when needed.
  • Re: Vote to Kick?
    brokwall131
    nooo. it would get abused. sorry but this has been discussed alot
    Agent_Beige
    I don't see it being abused. I don't really see how it can be abused as the only advantage is gives is that the guy can't play the next round. Who knows what team he'd even be put on before then?

Anyway, happy to be corrected, but I've never seen this as a topic before.
    brokwall131
    its alright man. im just a little testy due to me not being able to find out exactly whats going on with all the bo stuff happening lately. but ya alot of people on other threads said they are or know people who would get a party together and kick people just because you didn like them. if your in a 12 person game 6 people can kick out whoever cause they are majority. 6-5.
    sure it could be used to kick the guy goin super negative but it would be used against the guy going super positive too
    It would be abused. I understand where you are coming from, but there's no way it could be implemented in a way that doesn't lead to abuse.
    This idea has fail written all over it.

yes it would get abused by many

each player has just as much right to play this game as you do. And to think you would kick someone for going negative is just classless. How about helping him out or giving out some pointers etc.

I wish we had a vote to kick option on this forum cause I would get rid of all the morons like you
    hallow man19
    sorry m8 but there is no way this would not get abused just one example off the top of head is say u were playin with a full party of 6 at search and destroy and there is one amazin guy on the other team that keeps killin most of ur team u could simply kick him out just for being too good.

kickin_it 07 wrote:

each player has just as much right to play this game as you do. And to think you would kick someone for going negative is just classless. How about helping him out or giving out some pointers etc.

I wish we had a vote to kick option on this forum cause I would get rid of all the morons like you

Wow.  This post covers everything I was going to say exactly, almost word for word.  Scary.
    seekay

hallow man19 wrote:

sorry m8 but there is no way this would not get abused just one example off the top of head is say u were playin with a full party of 6 at search and destroy and there is one amazin guy on the other team that keeps killin most of ur team u could simply kick him out just for being too good.

Not if it requires 3/4 votes that means your own team must also vote against u. Counterstrike had a vote to kick and didn't have a problem with people kicking the top player.but when a guy was afk sitting at the spawn not playing u could start voting to kick and the other team knew he was away instead of just sitting there
    Agent_Beige

kickin_it 07 wrote:

It's moronic to call someone a moron without thinking through what they actually said. If you read what i wrote, not what you think I wrote, you'll see it doesn't allow for the kinds of abuse people are concerned about.

I specifically said it has to be unanimous or near unanimous (that means both factions).

Also, I don't advocate kicking someone just cos they suck. The example I gave is of someone cronicaly over/ under playing rather than at their ability level. We al had to start somewhere and I don't dispute that.

I don't dispute anyone's right to play the game, but do I have to play with them? Heck no. Do they have to play with me? Nope.

Simple.
    btl614
    i dont like it
    ii sd hazard

seekay wrote:

hallow man19 wrote:

Not if it requires 3/4 votes that means your own team must also vote against u. Counterstrike had a vote to kick and didn't have a problem with people kicking the top player.but when a guy was afk sitting at the spawn not playing u could start voting to kick and the other team knew he was away instead of just sitting there

i wouldn't kick free headshots... either it's not a good idea. i think that a clan of players would just continually vote out everyone they good just to be royal a-holes
    Big_Kid_Fun
    What if there's a clan that is just hating on the guy that is on the opposite team that is raping that clan? What if that clan votes to boot him?
    Agent_Beige
    That's not unanimous, or near unanimous and it isn't both factions voting.

I think that's three times I've posted this now.
    bosskoms
    This would be abused and boosters would love this system in place. They would keep kicking players and inviting there own boosting partners until the lobby is full of boosters.
    sk408

Boss Koms wrote:

This would be abused and boosters would love this system in place. They would keep kicking players and inviting there own boosting partners until the lobby is full of boosters.

Booster lobby's are better then those boosters in Ground war.The ones that don't even nuke boost,but just get ac130 after ac130.
    Gamewyzard

kickin_it 07 wrote:

Well, let me think for a minute......

I think it would be YOU, who would get kicked.  Just a hunch, based on your last sentence.

I don't agree with the idea.

Only because I think that anything that can be abused, will.

I have been kicked out of parties of 6 because a 7th arrived after me with a higher prestige level and being low man on the pole... BOOT.

No big deal, but I don't like the idea of being kicked in mid game because you are getting your butt kicked.

I have played near perfect games and total disaster games, it is what it is.  Do it AFTER the game, if you like.  After all, you can always do what you want in your PARTY.

What would make me vote YES for this idea.... KICKING all the inconsiderates who think it is fine to:
    a) sing while playing
    b) blather continuously while playing about some topic not related to the game (like religion or politics)
    c) have their style of music blaring in the background so you can hear it loud and clear through the mic
    d) the clowns who sit with their mic 6 inches from the monitor and speakers so you get all the feedback continuously
    e) the 15 year old who's mother is screaming in the background at his older brother about something, while the mic picks it all up for the duration of the game
    f) the guy who takes a cell phone call while the mic is on and talks for 5 minutes about the drugged induced drinking binge he had last night and drops the F-bomb and N-bomb every other word
    g) the guy who spews racist tirades against someone for 10 minutes and won't shut up
    and when asked to stop, they simply continue or go directly to g) as their response........

Hmmm, maybe I will vote YES.
    Mutts Nutts 112
    I understand kicking somebody for team-killing, or something similar, you cannot tell me you've never had a rough game. If you tell me you've never had a negative kill/death ratio you'd be lying.

I think there should be a thing like Halo where it asks the person if they've been killed to kick them, it should show them a kill-cam to see if it was an accident.

Or of course we could go back to WaW's system that kicks you after 2 team-kills (hopefully they're not the host.)
    DropDragon
    No. While you can't directly help the inexperienced with deathstreaks or BS like that, there is no need for booting.
    It would be just as effective to leave the game (with your crew if you had one) and find a new game.
    oZiGy

Gamewyzard wrote:

kickin_it 07 wrote:

What would make me vote YES for this idea.... KICKING all the inconsiderates who think it is fine to:
    a) sing while playing
    b) blather continuously while playing about some topic not related to the game (like religion or politics)
    c) have their style of music blaring in the background so you can hear it loud and clear through the mic
    d) the clowns who sit with their mic 6 inches from the monitor and speakers so you get all the feedback continuously
    e) the 15 year old who's mother is screaming in the background at his older brother about something, while the mic picks it all up for the duration of the game
    f) the guy who takes a cell phone call while the mic is on and talks for 5 minutes about the drugged induced drinking binge he had last night and drops the F-bomb and N-bomb every other word
    g) the guy who spews racist tirades against someone for 10 minutes and won't shut up
    and when asked to stop, they simply continue or go directly to g) as their response........

Hmmm, maybe I will vote YES.

Hm. A-G can be fixed with a mute option?

yes and also the team killers, nothing Peez me off more than a team member flashing you at the start or when they kill you for the fun of it. EVERY ROUND..........

sk00ne
    It would be abused so, so badly... The so called ''kids'' and ''campers'' would be the main victims.
    box o crayons
    make it so you can only kick kids on your team, and also if not in core make it in hardcore if someone teamkills you twice then you have the option to kick them, like in halo, but unlike halo after you forgive em usually they comback even stronger so make it go 2 vote-5 vote-7 insta kick or something

use it to vote kick the tonnes of hackers, if 12 people playing it has to be minimum of 6 votes to remove the player, most people wont vote just cus someone is not playing so well but everyone will vote to remove a cheat.

bring back VOTE TO KICK!!!

Ur idea is fail. Go back to splinter cell kid.. Hold up--- ur kicked-.- bye bk.

All you can do is back out of a lobbie then just use mircosofts avoid player system, i think its then only thing that will ever work.

on my current account over 90% of people wanted to avoid me simple because i play well.

anoreo

Vote to kick NEVER works! I've tried playing WaW on PC and L4D1/2 on console and I've had horrific experiences with vote to kick. Do good? Kick. Do bad? Kick. Call in killstreaks? Kick. Take too many objectives quickly? Kick. Don't like someone's opinion? Kick. You get the drift. Vote to kick is like chemotherapy.