39 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2012 11:07 AM by justinsanev2 RSS

kill the j tag

gemons8
get rid of the j-tag for xbox 360
  • Re: kill the j tag
    anoreo
    Can you please make a thread more constructive?

All you have done is given us one sentence that we already know and want
    You can't kill it if it's not living.
    VoP_BLACK-OPS_VoP
    i agree its kinda gay and enoying and theres really no point
    (VOLTAGE:)
    i was thinking about j tagging my 360 for modding of zombie purposes and not the destruction of multiplayer. Besides, i will play online on my ps3
    lulz dude, you won't stop the j-tag, treyarch won't either.
    Hackers will always find another way.
    Neo503
    Hackers suck by balls!
    simonm
    jtagging has got nothing to do with treyarch ...its up to microsoft to build better consoles that cant be compromised !
    Killer Clunge
    totally agree, within days people will be top ranked in black ops, with unlimited UAV, laser sights and seeing through walls
    TheGhostified

Neo503 wrote:

Hackers suck by balls!

Don't you mean MY?
    Mac11rulz

Killer Clunge wrote:

totally agree, within days people will be top ranked in black ops, with unlimited UAV, laser sights and seeing through walls

Exactly the reason why PS3 is better at CoD games..LESS HACKING!!
    MackDaddyMcC
    You cant stop it. People hack there xbox and that is something that Microsoft have little control over, all they can do is ban which dosent really get rid of the problem.
    TyJRamos
    Getting rid of Jtagging would be like telling Microsoft to get rid of viruses on the computer
    hornswoggled
    Thank God for PS3.
    Mac11rulz

TyJRamos wrote:

Getting rid of Jtagging would be like telling Microsoft to get rid of viruses on the computer

Ha, good one...That sentence is absolutely true, it will never happen.
    cod4 <3
    we all know hackers will find another way and within a month everybody will be 10th just like mw2. but i dont mind that they mod and get the stupid symbol by their name, i dont like them havin those gay ass infections and gettin aimbotted all the time.

also those messages i got every 10 seconds askin for MSP was pretty annoying
    belka1077
    I got a way to stop Jtagging... switch to a PS3 and don't complain so much

belka1077 wrote:

What you don't think that ps3 has mods/hacks?? Well you were misinformed. They might have less, but that might be due to less people playing ps3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx3Br-3ZxK4
    Mac11rulz

sloshymonster wrote:

belka1077 wrote:

What you don't think that ps3 has mods/hacks?? Well you were misinformed. They might have less, but that might be due to less people playing ps3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx3Br-3ZxK4

Ha funny, PS3 and sexbox have pretty much the same amount of people...handful of people spend their lives hacking game codes to unlock everything or add new things to the game. Hackers, glitchers, and modders are on pretty much any game. Those people that do nothing and sit on every single map and find these "overlooked" spots or stare at codes all day long do that so that people who don't want to enjoy the CoD, MoH, BATTLEFIELD, HALO, whatever game's experience. They do it for 12 year olds and people who want to look like there bada** at the game, not just for themselves.

Keep it in mind.
    otisman666
    First off, the PS3 has been compromised just as much as the Xbox, there are just less people interested in it.  But to certain extent, M$ could make it more difficult for Jtagger's (not eliminate them all together, but more difficult).  J-taggers really create problems when they can get online and mod other user profiles (this can not be done on PS3).  This practice was actually stopped about 2 months ago, but it was short lived once M$ completed the final updates on the most recent dashboard. 

Regardless of what M$ and $ony do, I feel it is still the game manufacturer's responsibility to make sure their product is not so easy to mod.  I like to use the following example:  It is the police's responsibility to stop thieves from breaking into your home.  Yet every night when you go to bed or when you leave the house for long durations, you make sure that the doors and windows are shut and preferably locked.  Why do we do this?  I mean since it is the police's responsibility to prevent this crime why should we bother hindering criminals?

Now apply this thought process to this situation.  Luckily, it appears that Treyarch seems to agree with my line of thought as they have confirmed (twice now) that there will be a dedicated team set forth on thwarting the efforts of cheaters post launch.  This is probably the primary reason why I will be buying this game, as the previews I have seen so far have not been that stellar.
    otisman666

Mac11rulz wrote:

Ha funny, PS3 and sexbox have pretty much the same amount of people

Your kidding, right?
    Mac11rulz

otisman666 wrote:

Mac11rulz wrote:

Ha funny, PS3 and sexbox have pretty much the same amount of people

Your kidding, right?

Technically, no, not really. The war between who has more people online or this system is better is old, it doesn't matter to me. Since I don't care either system honestly, to me, they have almost the same amount of FAIR people. There did I fix??
    arthas125
    kill it with firee !!!!
    Mac11rulz

otisman666 wrote:

Now apply this thought process to this situation.  Luckily, it appears that Treyarch seems to agree with my line of thought as they have confirmed (twice now) that there will be a dedicated team set forth on thwarting the efforts of cheaters post launch.  This is probably the primary reason why I will be buying this game, as the previews I have seen so far have not been that stellar.

YES, thank you...other than the fact that the game needs a little bit realism and the weapons need to be "properely" coded/programmed in the game, you nailed it. Glitching/Hacking is worse than the other two mentioned above. Good job otis.
    Kendrick1313
    I agree... Hate all the hackers and 10th lobbies. Now my legit 10th is accused of being a hacked every match.
    GoldonArRow

otisman666 wrote:

First off, the PS3 has been compromised just as much as the Xbox, there are just less people interested in it.

*cough*I call bullsh1t*cough*
    Taylorgp
    yeah it needs to be killed
    Domanator01
    Theirs no way to stop it unless they build a whole new system which sooner or later will have something like a jtag.
    Droopysilentdj
    Hackers are just ******* who suck a video games so they go and waste alot of money on these j-tagged 360's and ruin multi-player games for those looking for a relaxing or competitive experience. ESRB does warn you about game experience changing online, it's a fair warning but total bullshit when Hackers/Modders take your earned rank and boost it up or tear it down with the new Mod.
    Ali Bin Bushra
    Err... what's a j-tag?
    Pinoy-
    It's Microsoft's fault not Treyarch's.

Soon, the PS3 version will have it's own "jtag" version.
    Ali Bin Bushra

Pinoy- wrote:

It's Microsoft's fault not Treyarch's.

Soon, the PS3 version will have it's own "jtag" version.

I've only seen ps3 hacking in one game, COD 4.
    Pinoy-
    Just wait. It will be exploited to death.
    Well, obvsiouly everybody hates j-tags, but lets try to find a way/method to get rid of them instead of posting "let's get rid of j-tags" I agree, with you, they need to go bye-bye

kill the j tag

Yes I totally agree with you............... retarded hackers use them and they just get on my nerves. 

ficko88 wrote:

Hackers will always find another way.

They'll booby trap the care package is what they'll do.  :P

Master7Assassin.................try to find a way/method to get rid of them instead of posting "let's get rid of j-tags"

We need to find a way

Bottom line is NO MORE STUPID JTAGS 

This is funny there its VERY FEW people who have a Jtag online less then 50 i believe...and for PS3 any 1 can do the equivalent thing to a jtag so STFU about PS3 being better. its not look at mw2 on ps3 .......destroyed, even after all the patches....microsoft already took care of it and will continue to do their best....i think its much better then the year mw2 was released every other game was slo mo or something stupid like that