1 47 48 49 50 51 Previous Next 539 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 7:22 PM by rpatto92 Go to original post RSS
  • 480. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    booperdee2
    hope stopping power and juggernaught arnt in this. BUT IF THEY ARE! they should cancel each other out rather than juggers being about twice better than stopping. And that th stopping power should be more powerful against juggernaught but against people without, should only need like 2 or 3 bullets (of a 30 magazine clip) less.
  • 481. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    staypuftgiant

booperdee2 wrote:

hope stopping power and juggernaught arnt in this. BUT IF THEY ARE! they should cancel each other out rather than juggers being about twice better than stopping. And that th stopping power should be more powerful against juggernaught but against people without, should only need like 2 or 3 bullets (of a 30 magazine clip) less.

Juggernaut and Stopping Power DID cancel each other out in every game they were in. SP adds 125% Power to your guns and Juggernaut adds 125% to your health.
  • 482. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Flak Jacket was good. Blast mask in MW2 didn't cut it for me.

Shades was good, not the best, but I love how you got to wear glasses .

Sleight of Hand should belong in the tier 2 perk slot like in the previous installments.
  • 483. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Mix3d Nuts
    Ok, well first, I don't get why people say MW2 is "terrible"..it's really not. But then again thats just my opinion.

Second...Ahh! People make no sense with all these perk suggestions (sometimes; no offense)

Alright, back to topic. Hopefully Treyarch will see this

I haven't really played much of WaW so I won't be referencing from it, much.

What I think should stay:

Scavenger - It makes sense that you can get ammo from a dead body, they do that in real life.
              **I think they can improve this by balancing out what you can or can't restock. I don't think you should be able to restock on equipments if the player you just killed didn't have that said equipment**

Scavenger Pro (Bandolier?) - I think its fair to have extra ammo while sacrificing another perk.

Sleight of Hand - Makes sense, in real life some people have a much ability to reload weapons much faster than others.

Sleight of Hand Pro - I'm "if'y" about this one, but just like sleight of hand, people will have better reaction time than others.

Bling - Nothing unbalanced about this perk. (As long as it stays if the same perk field of SoH and Scavenger)

Bling Pro - I think they should just merge this with regular Bling, I mean why not?

Cold Blooded - I think this a good perk, not necessarily unbalanced in my eyes.

Cold Blooded Pro - Should be merged with Cold Blooded..it's ridiculous when your name pops up above you when your trying to hide. (Yes, snipers camp, it's what they are made for)

Danger Close - It's simple. Danger Close never increased the radius of explosives, just the kill radius. And considering that there are pyro's out there and bomb experts who know how to make an explosion deadlier than this is a legit perk to have.

Steady Aim - It's a pretty balanced perk

Steady Aim Pro - Balanced.

Scrambler - This perk is good if it was in the same category as Cold Blooded..but I mean there are better perks to make, but if theres space, I think it's a fine perk.

What I think should go:

Stopping Power - Don't get me wrong, I love this perk, but it's not always about what you like or not, it's about what's fair. Also I think the game should be more about where you aim, so if you want to kill faster aim at the chest or head. Which would be fair all around. Sniper's would actually need to pay attention to where they're aiming at, as well as everyone else.

Juggernaut - Please, don't add this to the game. The main reason I didn't want stopping power is because you would need Juggernaut to cancel it out, which in turn will unbalance the whole game.

Last Stand/Pro - I find it super unbalanced, just cause it's extremely unrealistic. If you were to get hit enough times to die, you would not have the strength to pull out a gun, hold it up, aim and fire exactly where you want it.
               **It would be nice to do this perk over. Let's say instead of being able to shoot, your just in a "dying state", and in this state your enemy won't be able to tell if your dead or not unless they actually used the "Double Tap" Tip from Zombieland and finished you off. If they don't, a teammate, in this case a medic, would be able to revive you. 

One Man Army/Pro - Now we all hate "noob tubers" who sit in a corner and camp it out. But the perk itself I don't hate. Since the game will definitely have grenade launchers then I don't want this perk in the game, unless!
               **You guys make it so that there's a limit to how many times you can restock. The good thing about this is now you can have extra claymore's, and other things. Hmm, come to think of it, why not just merge this with Scavenger Pro (Bandolier), but do not allow access to unlimited ammo.

Marathon/Pro - Everyone get's tired, period. No one should be able to run forever
               **Just make it like Extreme Conditioning, and also merge Marathon Pro with it

Lightweight/Pro - The way it is now, it's broken. Mainly due to lag issues (the good old I see you before you can see me), but also cause you can't run faster if your still carry the same amount of ammo, and equipments as others. Well I mean you could, but not significantly.
               ** Redo this perk so that you would have to sacrifice some ammo and equipment, so that you would actually be "lightweight". And maybe merge Lightweight pro with SoH

Perks that I am not sure about:

Ninja Pro - I love this perk, but like I said, I'm not sure. It's true, it would be more skill to know when to Crouch/Prone, but you can argue that some people are just good with being quiet (ninja trained Ninja > Pirate) But what ever you do with this perk if fine.

SitRep/Pro - The Pro version I can see being in the game if Ninja Pro is, as long as it actually cancels Ninja Pro, otherwise, toss it to the curb. SitRep itself, I'm not sure about. I mean I'm not a war crazy dude, and I don't know if there actually are gadgets that tell you if there are explosives nearby so do what ever with this perk.

Alright, well that's my two cents, I actually gotta go, got a date with my girl tonight, yay! (trust me, its rare lol)...I would of loved to stay and give my opinion on the WaW perks, but like I said, I'm Out! Reply please!
  • 484. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Suicidal Cheez

Vahn wrote:

* Marathon | Marathon Pro Keep it.
        * Sleight of Hand | Sleight of Hand Pro Keep it.
        * Scavenger | Scavenger Pro Good perk. Keep it.
        * Bling | Bling Pro Depends on what the attachments will be.
        * One Man Army | One Man Army Pro Keep it, but make sure it doesn't replinish grenades and equipment!!!

Perk Slot 2

* Stopping Power | Stopping Power Pro NO. GO AWAY WITH IT. It will be used by everyone. Even with juggernaut to counter it, it will be way overused.
        * Lightweight | Lightweight Pro Keep it.
        * Hardline | Hardline Pro Nice perk. Adds to variety.
        * Cold-Blooded | Cold-Blooded Pro Keep it. Nice for those who get easily frustrated.
        * Danger Close | Danger Close Pro Could use a nerf.

Perk Slot 3

* Commando | Commando Pro GO AWAY WITH IT. No human can survive accelerating- and deaccelerating from 0 to 70km/h in a split second.
        * Steady Aim | Steady Aim Pro Keep it.
        * Scrambler | Scrambler Pro Make it better. Instead of an anti-heartbeat, make the radar to no radar stransition instant.
        * Ninja | Ninja Pro A bit overused. I'm doubting.
        * SitRep | SitRep Pro Totally useless.
        * Last Stand | Last Stand Pro It was very good the way it is. Bring back the revive feature, and please, award more points for it!

• 485. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    do you like waffles
    Last stand should go and second chance should come back so you could be revived I beleive 2nd chance is way better than last stand
  • 486. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?

Egaugnal1 wrote:

Eliminate 1.sitrep 2.Commando 3.Last Stand 4.Martyrdom 5.Nerf or destroy Danger Close 6.Marathon-Extreme Conditioning is better 7.Lightwieght 8.One Man Army.

Id like to see you guys at treyarch test out some new perks if possible but take into account how they can be exploited please. Keep the rest there all pretty balanced but its up to you guys. A few new ones would be nice

How can SITREP be EXPOLITED?

It was one of the BEST unused perks in MW2.

Otherwise, I agree with the rest of your list.
    EXCEPT, take out SoHP. (If you guys use pro perks Vahn).
  • 487. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?

Mix3d Nuts wrote:

Ok, well first, I don't get why people say MW2 is "terrible"..it's really not. But then again thats just my opinion.

Second...Ahh! People make no sense with all these perk suggestions (sometimes; no offense)

Alright, back to topic. Hopefully Treyarch will see this

I haven't really played much of WaW so I won't be referencing from it, much.

What I think should stay:

Scavenger - It makes sense that you can get ammo from a dead body, they do that in real life.
              **I think they can improve this by balancing out what you can or can't restock. I don't think you should be able to restock on equipments if the player you just killed didn't have that said equipment**

Scavenger Pro (Bandolier?) - I think its fair to have extra ammo while sacrificing another perk.

Sleight of Hand - Makes sense, in real life some people have a much ability to reload weapons much faster than others.

Sleight of Hand Pro - I'm "if'y" about this one, but just like sleight of hand, people will have better reaction time than others.

Bling - Nothing unbalanced about this perk. (As long as it stays if the same perk field of SoH and Scavenger)

Bling Pro - I think they should just merge this with regular Bling, I mean why not?

Cold Blooded - I think this a good perk, not necessarily unbalanced in my eyes.

Cold Blooded Pro - Should be merged with Cold Blooded..it's ridiculous when your name pops up above you when your trying to hide. (Yes, snipers camp, it's what they are made for)

Danger Close - It's simple. Danger Close never increased the radius of explosives, just the kill radius. And considering that there are pyro's out there and bomb experts who know how to make an explosion deadlier than this is a legit perk to have.

Steady Aim - It's a pretty balanced perk

Steady Aim Pro - Balanced.

Scrambler - This perk is good if it was in the same category as Cold Blooded..but I mean there are better perks to make, but if theres space, I think it's a fine perk.

What I think should go:

Stopping Power - Don't get me wrong, I love this perk, but it's not always about what you like or not, it's about what's fair. Also I think the game should be more about where you aim, so if you want to kill faster aim at the chest or head. Which would be fair all around. Sniper's would actually need to pay attention to where they're aiming at, as well as everyone else.

Juggernaut - Please, don't add this to the game. The main reason I didn't want stopping power is because you would need Juggernaut to cancel it out, which in turn will unbalance the whole game.

Last Stand/Pro - I find it super unbalanced, just cause it's extremely unrealistic. If you were to get hit enough times to die, you would not have the strength to pull out a gun, hold it up, aim and fire exactly where you want it.
               **It would be nice to do this perk over. Let's say instead of being able to shoot, your just in a "dying state", and in this state your enemy won't be able to tell if your dead or not unless they actually used the "Double Tap" Tip from Zombieland and finished you off. If they don't, a teammate, in this case a medic, would be able to revive you. 

One Man Army/Pro - Now we all hate "noob tubers" who sit in a corner and camp it out. But the perk itself I don't hate. Since the game will definitely have grenade launchers then I don't want this perk in the game, unless!
               **You guys make it so that there's a limit to how many times you can restock. The good thing about this is now you can have extra claymore's, and other things. Hmm, come to think of it, why not just merge this with Scavenger Pro (Bandolier), but do not allow access to unlimited ammo.

Marathon/Pro - Everyone get's tired, period. No one should be able to run forever
               **Just make it like Extreme Conditioning, and also merge Marathon Pro with it

Lightweight/Pro - The way it is now, it's broken. Mainly due to lag issues (the good old I see you before you can see me), but also cause you can't run faster if your still carry the same amount of ammo, and equipments as others. Well I mean you could, but not significantly.
               ** Redo this perk so that you would have to sacrifice some ammo and equipment, so that you would actually be "lightweight". And maybe merge Lightweight pro with SoH

Perks that I am not sure about:

Ninja Pro - I love this perk, but like I said, I'm not sure. It's true, it would be more skill to know when to Crouch/Prone, but you can argue that some people are just good with being quiet (ninja trained Ninja > Pirate) But what ever you do with this perk if fine.

SitRep/Pro - The Pro version I can see being in the game if Ninja Pro is, as long as it actually cancels Ninja Pro, otherwise, toss it to the curb. SitRep itself, I'm not sure about. I mean I'm not a war crazy dude, and I don't know if there actually are gadgets that tell you if there are explosives nearby so do what ever with this perk.

Alright, well that's my two cents, I actually gotta go, got a date with my girl tonight, yay! (trust me, its rare lol)...I would of loved to stay and give my opinion on the WaW perks, but like I said, I'm Out! Reply please!

I agree with you, but in WaW I liked Second Chance only because you can revive your teammates. Since I played in Squads a lot I find it very useful and it realistic to help someone up (somewhat a Medic maybe the'll have a defibrillator because in the Teaser trailer at the end you hear it what the Doctor says I think We must bring him back, or something like that.) Great Post btw!!!
  • 488. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Jet3010
    I liked the perk setups from WaW better than MW2.  The perks in WaW were used to build around your gun instead of MW2 where it seemed you could build a class with perks entirely and then add guns.

Perks I have specific suggestions on:

Commando:  Find a way to keep the pro enhancement where fall damage is eliminated, but get rid of the mega lunge.

Stopping Power:  Possibly remove this as it seems 3/4 of the community uses it and stops people from using a variety of perks.

Cold-Blooded:  Keep this, it is one of the perks that is helpful without being frustrating to people who get killed by someone using it.

Last Stand/Second Chance:  Go back to second chance, it encourages teamwork.

One Man Army:  It just seems to cause problems and is rarely used to change classes like it was most likely meant.  It needs to have a change so it can't be used as unlimited resupplies.

Scavenger:  Works good, but could be changed so it doesn't encourage camping as much.

Danger Close:  Needs to have a penalty attached, possibly no secondary weapon?
  • 489. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    mooman2210
    i think that Juggernaut should come back because in mw2 Stopping Power was over powered and nothing to counter it.
1 47 48 49 50 51 Previous Next