CoD-S.de|Jugger

[Removed by Moderator]

• Re: CoD: Black Ops @ GC 2010
    Could you please tell me what they are talking about? no sound
    A shame my German isn't good enough to read a german interview ;(
    CoD-S.de|Jugger
    At least for the video and the pictures you won't need german language skills!
    Haha, but I've seen most of them.
    although I'm able to have a normal conversation in German, I think an interview is a bit too hard for me
    thank you very much for posting this for us but it is VERY difficult to understand.. its all in German tho.
    Could you, perhaps, summarize the most important new info in english (in brief sentences).
    joonvs1

DePeeters wrote:

Haha, but I've seen most of them.
    although I'm able to have a normal conversation in German, I think an interview is a bit too hard for me

poor u
    CoD-S.de|Jugger
    1) Push up handstands
    I guess this part needs no explanation. First Hank does them, then it's my turn.

2) Interview with Keirsey
    As you might know, Keirsey is the military advisor for Call of Duty: Black Ops. That's why he doesn't talk about the content of the game. We just got into a military discussion about tactics, his army experiences, the stryker armored vehicle and the elite forces of the MACV-SOG.

3) Live-Gameplay & Round-Table with Josh Olin
    First, we were introduced to two (complete) levels, both of them were played live on Xbox 360. The first level is called "Victor Charlie" (VC = Vietcong). First, it's about not getting ass-slapped. Then you have to infiltrate a small village (the sneaky way). It seems like the knife might become an own slot, in this gameplay the char carried a Car-15 Commando, a version of the WA-2000 sniper-rifle and a combat knife. The knife wasn't used by a melee-attack, well known from CoD4 and 6. I was surprised how the Vietcong interacted. You will also be able to carry a multiple rocket-launcher, called grim reaper, which is similar to the M202A1, as you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkFU7o3IAaM

The second level is well known as the mission "Payback". Because everyone saw the half of it, I don't want to spoil you too much, the other half of it is amazing too, Prepare for a safe LZ (= mil. Landing Zone).

After that, 4 jorunalists took place in a special room (pictures on the link above) on a round-table with Josh. We talked about the historic background of the game, the motivation of the whole team and the freshness of this cold era franchise. There were absolutely no information on the multiplayer part, which is clear, because we should get stunned by a new trailer coming on sept. 1. There will be a lot of features, that made the way out of the community to the developing-department. I'm really looking forward to his trailer. I was also wondering about Limited Editions for PC, but things aren't clear enough to tell you guys something about that. So we'll have to wait.
    Olin likes Uncharted and Killzone, but he hasn't got the time to be a crack at more than one game, because the release of Black Ops is near. Besides, we talked about dedicated servers, modding-tools and the console. We don't know if there will be a mix of deds and a matchmaking like in Modern Warfare 2, but the best thing is, that we will be able to use the console and perhaps may work around with modding-tools.

4) Open Singleplayer-Preview
    This preview was no press-only material, so for today and the rest of the Gamescom, everyone without press-accreditation is able to see it. We were introduced to the mission "WMD" (watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMjNz0YpYQE). The gameplay was amazing and we saw two new weapons, the KS-23 shotgun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KS-23) and the russian makarov pistol. We also got to see this mission from the beginning to the end. But I really don't want to spoil you on this part!
    Blizzaze
    Nice interviews. In the singleplayer review you wrote that there is a multiplayer trailer coming out september 1st. Is this confirmed by Treyrach?
    CoD-S.de|Jugger

Blizzaze wrote:

Nice interviews. In the singleplayer review you wrote that there is a multiplayer trailer coming out september 1st. Is this confirmed by Treyrach?

Watch the multiplayer reveal-trailer. Haven't you? In the end they say "Full Multiplayer Reveal September 1st".
    Blizzaze
    Yeah, but it could also be a beta or a multiplayer conference. Did Treyrach state that is it a trailer?

Blizzaze wrote:

Yeah, but it could also be a beta or a multiplayer conference. Did Treyrach state that is it a trailer?

FULL MULTIPLAYER REVEAL. TRAILER. Either in a press conference or just on youtube.
    Thank you very much for the summary (:
    CoD-S.de|Jugger

DePeeters wrote:

Thank you very much for the summary (:

You're welcome! Please note that I could not post everything I have seen there. I am still paralyzed and there are many great things to come!
    cokesau
    Yeah it was an eventful and exciting day!

Blizzaze wrote:

yes they said full multiplayer reveal sep 1st
    F291
    Meh, I don't think they've been releasing anything that new.
    xD3ath T4Nkx
    Are they going to publish these videos?
    L.Brown
    If you are using Google chrome it will translate it for you.
    CoD-S.de|Jugger

L.Brown wrote:

If you are using Google chrome it will translate it for you.

I guess the translation is really, really bad, huh?