27 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2012 7:40 PM by dakingofcash RSS

FACTS ON TOMORROW's Reveal

Sgt. Swagger
It is only a Multiplayer reveal. There will be no zombie footage, or single player footage either.

Coverage begins at 6 p.m Pacific time and can be found (most likely) on ign.com

Only the press is allowed in, so if you live in LA and want to be there live... tough luck.

Stop spamming the forums with your wishlists because I am 100 percent sure Treyarch does not care about what you want now that multiplayer is nearing completion. :P

I am pretty stoked for this

What do you think will be in tomorrow's presentation?
  • Re: FACTS ON TOMORROW's Reveal
    fnrlprty74
    One of the new game types is called Showdown. You start with a Pistol and level up to more powerful weapons as you go (Akimbo, Shotgun etc). If you get killed by someone with a lesser weapon you get bumped down a level. Info comes from someone who played the game today at a game conference in TX.
    anoreo

fnrlprty74 wrote:

One of the new game types is called Showdown. You start with a Pistol and level up to more powerful weapons as you go (Akimbo, Shotgun etc). If you get killed by someone with a lesser weapon you get bumped down a level. Info comes from someone who played the game today at a game conference in TX.

from "someone"??
    the chug31

An Oreo wrote:

fnrlprty74 wrote:

from "someone"??

All his posts have been this, and I hope he's lying because that sounds garbage.
    AryheartX
    That sounds alot like the gungame servers on Counter strike source to be honest one of the more popular games to play online in that so It may be true so they could grab that audience but probably not
    KrayzieLoko
    I want see the new Create-A-Class 2.0 Character Customization, and High Weapon Customization!
    the chug31

KrayzieLoko wrote:

I want see the new Create-A-Class 2.0 Character Customization, and High Weapon Customization!

IM SURE YOU'LL BE HAPPY THEN
    macdaddymikey3
    i just wanna know how to get the beta
    the chug31

macdaddymikey3 wrote:

i just wanna know how to get the beta

what beta?
    macdaddymikey3
    I heard from alota people theres gonna be a beta
    fnrlprty74

the chug31 wrote:

An Oreo wrote:

fnrlprty74 wrote:

from "someone"??

All his posts have been this, and I hope he's lying because that sounds garbage.

It is legit. The source is a store manager at a Game retail chain. Doubters can apologize to me after the reveal.
    stop with the the "BETA" posts kids. there either is one or there is not. you will either get it or you will not. the only thing assured for you is that you will become poorer on 11.09.10 but happier in that MW2 will no longer be the only thing out there
    the chug31
    First of all like I said I HOPE you are lying because it sounds stupid, second of all it will be the first time a gamestop manager has even been right. To mackdaddy no beta has been confirmed so unless the people you hear this from is someone who works at treyarch then they have as much of an idea then you. Tomorrow is MP gameplay only, no beta, no anything else. Like I said there might not even be a beta for BO.
    macdaddymikey3
    dude i was just asking if there was gonna be a beta and where to get it so if you dont know then dont post complaning
    iAMdetox
    can i stick it in youre ass if youre wrong? meh ill do it anyways
    fnrlprty74
    Game Stop is having their manager conference in San Antonio Tx. My friend who is down there is sending me updates via txt. Only pic he could send was of the RC car.  All phones had to be handed over before actually playing the game.  I am not trying to be cryptic but I also do not want my friend to get in trouble.
    the chug31

macdaddymikey3 wrote:

dude i was just asking if there was gonna be a beta and where to get it so if you dont know then dont post complaning

SEARCH, there are about 500 posts about betas on this forum, NO ONE KNOWS!!! the community manager JD Olin, has said on twitter, and in interviews that it is being considered, but that they don't even know if a public beta will be released. I do know that IF there is one it will not be released today or tomorrow. GOOD DAY SIR.
    macdaddymikey3
    OK thank u chug thats all i needed im outa here yall have fun postin on this site
    thats like me asking you to stop asking about beta. double edge sword of forums kiddo, anyone can say anything and your left wondering whether its a 12 year old kid upsetting you or a 51 year old with belly button hair
    future run

ST0NEFIELD wrote:

thats like me asking you to stop asking about beta. double edge sword of forums kiddo, anyone can say anything and your left wondering whether its a 12 year old kid upsetting you or a 51 year old with belly button hair

"
    nice one dude. "use the search function" saying that wont stop anyone doesnt work so just relax and let people post, gonna happen anyways.
    Can't wait!
    COD-Pickle

ST0NEFIELD wrote:

stop with the the "BETA" posts kids. there either is one or there is not. you will either get it or you will not. the only thing assured for you is that you will become poorer on 11.09.10 but happier in that MW2 will no longer be the only thing out there

Talk about being single minded, MW2 is not the only game out there and for FPS there is Halo: Reach and Medal of Honour coming out soon and I for one am actually more excited for reach because it has everything I could possibly want.
    RaininHeadShots
    I hope they show a variety of weapons, a little bit of replay editing features, some customization features, and whatever else new they have...
    As for the beta: it seems as though only new members on this site, or people who don't come here often are the ones asking about this "beta" which may or may not even exist. I for one obviously wish Treyarch announces a beta tomorrow, but here's the thing: more likely than not the beta will be exclusive to certain gamers, probably long-time members of this site first considering how many preorders there already is. Then after a couple weeks or so it'll be open to the public, and by that time the game will be close to launch.

iX Cpt Crunch Xi

the chug31 wrote:

An Oreo wrote:

fnrlprty74 wrote:

from "someone"??

No actually, its a very popular PC Mod. Bringing it on to consoles would be awesome. Like Hardcore mode, which was a realism mod for previous COD titles. And same with Barebones, a console port of ProMod. I would LOVE to see the popular PC Mods get ported to consoles.
    DuneRacoon
    I think there going to release a ground breaking feature like MW2 did with the custom killstreaks.

One thing I would REALLY like to see, is a little modification on the custom killstreaks, where you can save like 5 presets, so you don't have to re-select your killstreaks every time you want to change.

Another possible thing would be interactive terrain. Maybe you can break corners off walls, shoot stuff to fall on people, and so on. That would be really cool...

I'm also 100% sure that they will release some new game mode. That would be really cool.
    Khadafi
    can't wait to see all this game has to offer
    trebogus88

ST0NEFIELD wrote:

100% AGREED !!!! Bring on BO !!! Can't wait for the full release ! 500 cans of kick and no sleep for two weeks coming soon in stores near you ! lmao

This is a load of crap.  Most of the discussions in BO2 forums are about Zombies not Multiplayer.  BO Multiplayer is TERRIBLE!  I bought BO for Zombies, and only Zombies.  Then I tried Multiplayer...then stayed with zombies.  I found Multiplayer to be an Insult compared to MW2.  Host Migration was B.S., only a few decent perks, poor sound effects, No decent 3 shot burst weapon, Maps seemed like someone told the computer to build a map using random settings, etc.

I know Treyarch won't release a Zombie gameplay.  Why?  I have no idea.  Plenty of people like me will buy BO2 just for Zombies, but we need to know what we are buying.  Typical of Treyarch I will have to do the leg work and visit my nearest Blockbuster to see the "New" Zombies.