1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 140 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2010 8:52 AM by fsck Go to original post RSS
  • 80. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    pshawnu

Sami@Results-Software.com wrote:

pshawnu wrote:

Sami, you are a bigger idiot then you think. There will be countless hacs for this game before its even released. Why? Cause the code is the same for every cod game back to cod4. So, shutup dude. You are not impressing anyone with your lack of knowledge.

You make me laugh. Bro, do you know how to read? I think it was pretty clear in my post i was talking only about hacks on servers through the server files. I know damn well there will be hacks like aimbot and wallhacks before the game even comes out. I was talking strictly about the hacked servers that will come through public server files but are near impossible if there are only dedis.

ok, I can agree with that aspect. Even still, thats easily overcome by good admins being vigilant.

Right now, my only gripe is the exclusivity to a third rate server company, who overlads their servers any chance they get.
    If they would have opened it to the top 5 server providers, they would have been better off. But hey, why not look into who actually owns gameservers, and it all starts to become quite clear.

I take back the idiot remark Sami
  • 81. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    Sami@Results-Software.com

Tuna_Boy wrote:

You need to be shot. You are lucky that Treyarch even put in dedicated servers! They didn't have to do that and Activision gave them hell for that, but they did. And here you are whining and saying "Oh no, Treyarch are such meanies. I'm not going to buy there game just because they didn't give us server files boo hoo." Get your head out of your ass. They have a very good reason not to give you server files. MW2 has proven how vigilant the hacker community is towards FPS games. If they release public server files hackers are going to make server for 2,000 players and crash the whole dam network, or rig the player counts, or even make one that puts trojans on your computer if you join (they did that with mw2). You should be out there encouraging people to go and buy this game because Treyarch added all these new features and took out nooby perks like danger close and commando, along with the fact they gave us dedicated server. Instead your here ******** and whining because Treyarch tried to keep the game safe from hackers. You are a disgrace to life and so is everyone that agrees with you. Ungrateful bastards.

K.. So, let me get this straight... We don't want it to be full of hackers like MW2 right? So, MW2 had dedicated servers? MW2 had server files?  I mean.. that MUST be why they don't want us to have dedi server files and public servers right? Because of the hackers and viruses (LOL) we will download like we did for all these years playing on other servers every since the inception of FPS games by id software... I can recall all the hackers and viruses I downloaded playing every Quake game ever created. Oh wait... Not once did that happen.

When you have a P2P match making system, it is the same as server files because the persons computer is still hosting the server, therefore any hacker worth his name would know how to hack something like that.
  • 82. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    -LB-Anheuser
    first off even if they did.......would be very very hard to get a machine to handle 2,000 players in one server..........

the only reason you are seeing hacked servers in MW2 is because of the p2p........and that isnt really a server......that is said persons personal computer........

not really sure what you mean by rig the player counts.......you can only have so many in one server before it becomes unplayable.......

not really sure how hard Treyarc had to fight to get the dedi's back in.......after the bad press on MW2 it was obvious matchmaking wouldnt work for PC......
  • 83. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    PaulOuelette

Artian wrote:

PaulOuelette wrote:

I'm just guessing that until they let us customize servers (modded tools are confirmed, no ?) they are going with GS. I'm pretty sure they'll extend server hosting to other GSPs afterwards.

I think we just won't see the COD4-COD5 hosting model anymore, so we better get used to it. I don't see this to be any different than BC2, which works for our clan, except for lan parties and competition mode, of course. I assume Treyarch will be more agile in these areas than EA, whose patching process is slow and cumbersome.

I hate Steam since MW2, but let's not forget that PB is not perfect either and we'll be able to patrol our servers for cheaters.

Just my 2 cents.

So we should all bend down and take it and accept that we should have inferior products and features?

Sorry, not me, I'm not a corporate whore who will whore myself and become a raving idiot just to play the latest game. Others are free to do so though and from what I'm seeing they already are. Sheep will be sheep I guess.

Change does not equal evolution. Change does not equal good. I'm off to find alternatives because thank goodness they exist.

Lol This is just a game, calm down... We're in games to have fun, and we're having fun with BC2 the way it is, I don't see this changing when we move to COD:BO (if we move ... We could also go with 'Nam expansion pack on BC2) :o
  • 84. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!

pshawnu wrote:

pshawnu wrote:

Sami, you are a bigger idiot then you think. There will be countless hacs for this game before its even released. Why? Cause the code is the same for every cod game back to cod4. So, shutup dude. You are not impressing anyone with your lack of knowledge.

You make me laugh. Bro, do you know how to read? I think it was pretty clear in my post i was talking only about hacks on servers through the server files. I know damn well there will be hacks like aimbot and wallhacks before the game even comes out. I was talking strictly about the hacked servers that will come through public server files but are near impossible if there are only dedis.

ok, I can agree with that aspect. Even still, thats easily overcome by good admins being vigilant.

Right now, my only gripe is the exclusivity to a third rate server company, who overlads their servers any chance they get.
    If they would have opened it to the top 5 server providers, they would have been better off. But hey, why not look into who actually owns gameservers, and it all starts to become quite clear.

I take back the idiot remark Sami

There we go, now your being much more reasonable. I like reasonable people. Just keep in mind the hackers are the ones who are running the server, so they are the admins. I agree with you though, Gameservers was a bad choice. There are much better server providers out there.
  • 85. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    M1NG
    Yeah, I kinda figured this. I'm out, I'm not buying this game. CoD is dead.
  • 86. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    pshawnu
    for sure. I already have a dedicated box, and theres no way I am going to a terrible company like gs just to get this game.

My provider runs circles around GS, and they always are helpful, unlike the gs staff, who wouldnt know how to get themselves out of a paper bag.

But, again, do some research. go find out who owns gs, and you will have the answer to this stupid ass riddle.

All they have to do is open it to more providers, but that is asking too much from a company being ran by monkeys
  • 87. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    Tuna_Boy

When you have a P2P match making system, it is the same as server files because the persons computer is still hosting the server, therefore any hacker worth his name would know how to hack something like that.

And yet it hasn't been a problem with all the other games running open, real dedicated server files. Crazy huh?
  • 88. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    pshawnu
    Cmon, its obvious why they are locking the server files. Cause all the future dlc components will ship with the game on release. They dont want anyone finding those files early, and making waves about the ineptness of today's business model.

That is not even the issue, The way they are handling this game reminds me of the early 80's stock market crowd.
  • 89. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!

Tuna_Boy wrote:

And yet it hasn't been a problem with all the other games running open, real dedicated server files. Crazy huh?

Simply because hackers will only go for the huge multimedia releases, such as call of duty.
1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next