35 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 7:09 PM by WeirdGuy RSS

Concerning Sleight of Hand...

XvXDisturbedXvX
As we probably all know, Sleight of Hand is now a Tier 2 perk (red). In my opinion, this is going to be the new "go to" perk because of Stopping Power's release from the game. I personally loved having Sleight of Hand on my classes in MW2, but I hated sacrificing Scavenger. Id simply run out of bullets too soon. Now that SoH is Tier 2 and Scavenger is Tier 1, do you think this setup will be overused? Do you guys think this will perk will undermine the use of other perks like Hardened, Steady Aim, and Warlord? Feel free to share your thoughts.

EDIT: It seems most of the community is quite happy that Stopping Power got the axe, but how do you guys feel about the SoH/Scavenger combination? Overpowered? Going to be overused? Opinions.
  • Re: Concerning Sleight of Hand...
    Jonesey5709

XvXDisturbedXvX wrote:

As we probably all know, Sleight of Hand is now a Tier 2 perk (red). In my opinion, this is going to be the new "go to" perk because of Stopping Power's release from the game. I personally loved having Sleight of Hand on my classes in MW2, but I hated sacrificing Scavenger. Id simply run out of bullets too soon. Now that SoH is Tier 2 and Scavenger is Tier 1, do you think this setup will be overused? Do you guys think this will perk will undermine the use of other perks like Hardened, Steady Aim, and Warlord? Feel free to share your thoughts.

To be honest no i think there will be a variety of perks that people use now that Stopping power is gone!
    I'm just glad SP is gone. Now it won't be whored out in EVERY match. It'll bring variety not seen before.
    Sane Hedrone
    Ya, I can't imagine why someone wouldn't use Sleight of Hand.

I mean, I've run through what my classes would most likely be. And Sleight of Hand has seemingly made every single potential Class.

I mean, Warlord and Scout are utterly useless. One Perk > One Attachment, and Nobody, not even the worst snipers out there, would ever need Scout.

Hardened is really the only competition Sleight of Hand has, and even then, most weapons would gain a greater benefit from Sleight of Hand than with Hardened, except maybe SMGs.

I'm glad SP has been removed, though I'm surprised Sleight of Hand has been given very little in the way of competition.

Sane Hedrone wrote:

I mean, Warlord and Scout are utterly useless. One Perk > One Attachment

Warlord is useless? Ur kiddin?

Commando + silencer + dual mags -> 1.6 and 2 sec reload time, ammo 180 rounds -> i dont need SoH and Scavenger.

also i have 2 nades/hawks and 3 concussions!

I think SoH is overrated. Just try do not reload after every 5 secs, its really bad practice.

Thats what ima be rocking! lol but ill also have class with Ghost.
    Anf flack jacket incase i get new toobed alot lol
    Well it depends on what purpose your class is going to fill, if it's a rushing class, flank class, defensive class etc.

On my m16 class, wich is going to be my defensive class, i'll use Deep impact (or whatever it's called on BO), since I won't be in so many CQB's, so SoH is useless imo.

But yea, i think SoH will be the new stopping power, still, I don't have a problem with that.

But Scavenger won't be the go to 1st tier perk, i think Hardline will be the most used, since you get extra ammo anyways compared to the other CoD's, due to the KS don't build up eachother.

Sane Hedrone wrote:

I mean, I've run through what my classes would most likely be. And Sleight of Hand has seemingly made every single potential Class.

I mean, Warlord and Scout are utterly useless. One Perk > One Attachment, and Nobody, not even the worst snipers out there, would ever need Scout.

Hardened is really the only competition Sleight of Hand has, and even then, most weapons would gain a greater benefit from Sleight of Hand than with Hardened, except maybe SMGs.

I'm glad SP has been removed, though I'm surprised Sleight of Hand has been given very little in the way of competition.

I dont see how warlord is "utterly useless" maybe scout but even then I've seen people use iron longs just waiting for a person to come out instead of holding their breath as soon as they see someone. Warlord is probably going to be used a lot actually because of the factor that you can put two attachments.. such as the rds and silencer, keeping yourself unseen from the minimap while still being able to aim easily with a precision sight.

3eyedrazorback wrote:

I'm just glad SP is gone. Now it won't be whored out in EVERY match. It'll bring variety not seen before.

Agreed, it brings much more "freedom" making a class.
    Nobody know the Pro perks yet so don't be judging anything yet.
    I so glad SP is gone like many of you have said it will bring a new variety of games to the table instead of almost everyone running around with ST on.
    brokwall131
    im very glad that sp is gone. i honestly think now im gonna use a mix of everything. whatever fits my class instead of sp on every class to make it even..
    Morous

brokwall131 wrote:

im very glad that sp is gone. i honestly think now im gonna use a mix of everything. whatever fits my class instead of sp on every class to make it even..

so damn true ..
    @austinbercier  doo yuo no howe tu spil
    Rouble
    I think hacker will be the most use cuz people will use the mini sensor (pocket uav) a lot. So cold blooded  sleight of hand and hacker is my class setup for everything. Never used scavenger cuz I like to pick up enemies gun.
    And what moron used stopping power in mw2 all guns kill fast regardless of SP.
    Sane Hedrone

CMHJMH wrote:

I dont see how warlord is "utterly useless" maybe scout but even then I've seen people use iron longs just waiting for a person to come out instead of holding their breath as soon as they see someone. Warlord is probably going to be used a lot actually because of the factor that you can put two attachments.. such as the rds and silencer, keeping yourself unseen from the minimap while still being able to aim easily with a precision sight.

No, Warlord is pretty much useless.

For one, an Attachment is never worth a perk. I'd take Steady aim or faster reloading any day over some silly attachment.

And, most combinations are utterly useless. A silencer and RDS? Why not fore go the RDS, and get Sleight of Hand pro as a benefit instead. The only Attachments really worth getting blinged are things that are entirely benefits in and out of themselves. Such as Grip, or Extended mags.

In which case, if your going to use a combo like Extended mags and Suppressor, I suppose Warlord might be usefull. But even then, I wouldn't consider either the Suppressor OR Extended mags to be greater than something like Steady Aim.

And, most of the time Warlord Pro's Pro ability will be wasted. Unless the Launchers, Ballistic knife, and Crossbow have attachments that I don't know about, the only time you would really use Warlord Pro is if your using pistols as a secondary weapon. So more often than not, your not using it to its full advantage.

In fact, if you drop your weapon, you have now completely ridden yourself of a perk. Unlike Steady aim or Sleight of Hand, which are benefits I will always have, regardless if I need to pick up another weapon.

And seriously, what kind of Sniper would really use Iron Longs more than Hardened?
    Gryphon__

Sane Hedrone wrote:

CMHJMH wrote:

And seriously, what kind of Sniper would really use Iron Longs more than Hardened?

One that isn't about wall-banging...and isn't a very good sniper.

Myself, for example! I'll definitely be using Scout on my sniper class. Because I'm just not that good with them.

Back to the SoH/Warlord conversation, I'll be using both. I never use SoH on LMGs, for example. I always use Blind in MW2. I don't see why I'll do any different here. The same would probably be true for snipers, if I didn't already go for Scout. And I'm inclined to believe there will be certain guns that don't really need SoH's quick-swap for reloading, anyway, and I'll Warlord those as well.

In any case, I don't have any problems with lots of people using SoH. It's a useful perk, but it'll never be something I'll concidered overpowered, even with Scavanger (which WILL probably be on almost all my classes, cause I loves having me some ammos!)
    First, we don't know what warlord's pro perk ability is, if it is the same as MW2 then you might be right for secondaries, and me I'd rather have a RDS and silencer than a RDS and sleight of hand. I can still aim easily if I don't like the iron sights of the gun but still play steathily while not being shown on the radar. An attachment is practically a perk itself as well, silencer = basically a uav jammer when your shooting, red dot sight for smg's and assault rifles help a player aim easier, acog sights help a player aim at longer distances than a normal RDS, even the noobtube if not a perk its another weapon entirely in a sense. Warlord is not useless at all, I believe that only Scout will be used the least in the game but it wont be entirely useless either as some players may like to use it better than the hardened perk. It all comes down to preference of the player.
    Sane Hedrone

Gryphon__ wrote:

One that isn't about wall-banging...and isn't a very good sniper.

Myself, for example! I'll definitely be using Scout on my sniper class. Because I'm just not that good with them.

Back to the SoH/Warlord conversation, I'll be using both. I never use SoH on LMGs, for example. I always use Blind in MW2. I don't see why I'll do any different here. The same would probably be true for snipers, if I didn't already go for Scout. And I'm inclined to believe there will be certain guns that don't really need SoH's quick-swap for reloading, anyway, and I'll Warlord those as well.

In any case, I don't have any problems with lots of people using SoH. It's a useful perk, but it'll never be something I'll concidered overpowered, even with Scavanger (which WILL probably be on almost all my classes, cause I loves having me some ammos!)

I have no doubt the only Tier 2 perks will have their uses.

But from an Objective point of view, I really can't see the benefit of an Extra attachment, or increased Hold Breath time to outway that of Sleight of Hand's or Hardened.

To each player their own. I won't try to convince you from using either.
    bigman02

Sane Hedrone wrote:

You're forgetting about Steady Aim, which has always been an extremely useful perk. Also, Most of the pro perks have not been confirmed yet, so maybe Hardened or Warlord has a pro version thats worth giving up fast reloads.
    Personally, I am just going to use my personal best perk layout. And Scavenger isn't going to be in that layout.
    narbage
    I'm gonna like having bling AND scavenger
    creaper21
    isnt two attachments perk for perk 3 as well? so you could have extended mags and dual mags for even faster reloading with more ammo.
    halvars
    I don't really see why fast reloading is that useful. For me I shoot my enemy down and then I reload, I seldom have to reload quick as hell because after killing 1 or 2 - 3 enemies I am pretty safe the time it takes to reload. So IMO SoH is useless, except for maybe a SMS-guy that run in and out of rooms the whole time.
    TheAsdONE
    Eh, I liked Bling better. I'll be using Scavenger Warlord Ninja

And Marathon Lightweight SoH
    SlackerRus2000
    Well, you get 3 magazines total this time instead of 2 so scavenger wont be as nessecary.  I personally will use ghost/flak jacket/light weight more often.  Sleight of hand does seem to have a upper hand in tier 2 but i suspect the pro version of perks might even things out. BTW the pro version of sleight of hand should be swapping between primary secondary faster, not faster ADS.
    Sleight of Hand pro should either be faster swapping of weapons or being able to reload while running :P
    LeftTension

CMHJMH wrote:

Sleight of Hand pro should either be faster swapping of weapons or being able to reload while running :P

being able to reload while running is actually a good idea.

Anyway looking at how good tier 1 perks are it seems like tier 1's are going to be the important perk instead of 2nd one this time.
    XvXDisturbedXvX
    You may be. Tier 1 perks may in fact have a lot more influence in the game. Lightweight, Scavenger, Ghost, Flak Jacket, and Hardline are all actually really helpful perks in certain situations. And we also don't know Pro versions of those perks. No deathstreaks so who knows w/ Hardline? Same goes for the other perks. Itll be interesting to see how it all pans out. From what I can tell, it seems that only really Sleight of Hand and Warlord will be the only two Tier 2 perks that people will be using.
    DownedGunner
    I probably won't use it much. I think I'd prefer Hardline or some other perk over something that makes me reload faster, although my custom classes will all have a variety of perks.
    Robert_Kotick
    I think warlord is gonna be a very popular tier 2 perk, as it was really dumb in mw2 how its a blue perk, so you can't have scavenger. Yay! I have a gun with 2 attachments. Shame I can only kill about 2 people with it.

Overpowered? No. Not at all - all at does is make the player themself more efficient. It's not something that effects health like Stopping Power, Juggernaut or Last Stand ( which is still regrettably in the game ) .

Nor does it give kills like Martyrdom did.

I like Sleight of Hand and Scavenger. I reload way too many times as I like a full mag - like an OCD - so SOH is perfect. Scavenger is also good for weapons with a fast rate of fire and small mags because ammo depletes quickly.

Jackky360

Nah, not overpowered but if people complain about it and Treyarch take it off, I wouldn't be too bothered as I mostly play MW3.

anoreo

I think the OP made a good prediction. With SP gone, Sleight of Hand pro was just incredibly stupid. I'm glad in MW3 Sleight of Hand Pro became SCout Pro and Quickdraw was it's own perk. IMO, SCout Pro is more fitting to Sleight of Hand anyways.