43 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2011 10:10 AM by Horrorman RSS

Oktoberfest !?

Horrorman
you ever heard about the german Oktoberfest !? it´s one of the biggest happenings in germany...
so i´m curious if you guys know the Oktoberfest, or maybe some of you where already there !?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktoberfest

• Re: Oktoberfest !?
    Australian_Helldogs
    Is it something to do with beer?
    Horrorman

Dont_Shoot_me23 wrote:

yea amongst others...
    Australian_Helldogs

Horrorman wrote:

Dont_Shoot_me23 wrote:

yea amongst others...

5 stars (thread) just coz your horrorman
    Horrorman

Dont_Shoot_me23 wrote:

Horrorman wrote:

Dont_Shoot_me23 wrote:

yea amongst others...

5 stars (thread) just coz your horrorman

Trinity30!
    Never heard of it. But it looks like one hell of a party/festival.
    Horrorman

Trinity30! wrote:

yea it is  i was there a few times :P
    Raven473
    its one of the things i must do before i die thats for sure.
    AlphaTech
    Even in Finland we know what Oktoberfest is

Man,you germans are awersome,getting drunk as hell just because the crops went well
    fatballer
    i know about it and i wish i could go to it
    CrazyCanuck
    We have a HUGEOktoberfest celebration where i live in Kitchener, Ontario. I actually supply the Oktoberfest at the Concordia club with a bunch of stuff every year. Its a really fun time..good beer, great food, fun times.

some people think the music and stuff is cheesy...but trust me if you haven't experienced it..you have no idea how much of a blast it actually is.

http://www.oktoberfest.ca/

Horrorman
    yea indeed, that looks amazing aswell  

Raven473 wrote:

its one of the things i must do before i die thats for sure.

you won´t be disappointed

AlphaTech wrote:

Even in Finland we know what Oktoberfest is

Man,you germans are awersome,getting drunk as hell just because the crops went well

yea true dat
    chaser3223
    i live in la crosse, wi and we have a big festival for octoberfest too its the bomb
    Sgt Elias 207
    I lived in Mainz for two years, love Germany and the culture. Ocktoberfest is der bomb!!!!
    ghostsquad

Horrorman wrote:

Trinity30! wrote:

yea it is  i was there a few times :P

Except he didn't remember it
    We have a local oktoberfest every year here in Delaware. Not exactly the same but we do get some great beers most have probably never had before. Food + beer + music = always a good time.
    reaper2792
    Actual Oktoberfest used to be just one big festival in Munich but now it's basically the entire country just celebrates for a few weeks. All bars/cafe's have specials like 2 beers and some sausage stuff for 5 bucks...etc and they supply "oktoberfest beer" everywhere. It runs from the middle of September to the first weekend of October. I was in Germany 3 years ago from mid September to mid October and literally everywhere I went there was Oktoberfest signs. One place even had 72 ounce cups of beer for a just a few Euros. Great times

Horrorman wrote:

you ever heard about the german Oktoberfest !? it´s one of the biggest happenings in germany...
    so i´m curious if you guys know the Oktoberfest, or maybe some of you where already there !?

I lived in Germany for 6 years so I know of it i just stupidly never went.  I was in the British Army and based near to Hannover so it was a fair old drive to Munich.
    hornswoggled
    Hell Yeah! I love OKTOBERFEST!!! Getting drunk and get surrounded by a bunch of sausages...wait, does that sound gay?

Love Oktoberfest.:smile:
    Treason101
    Every day is Oktoberfest in my life.

"Its Da beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
    Horrorman

Sgt Elias 207 wrote:

I lived in Mainz for two years, love Germany and the culture. Ocktoberfest is der bomb!!!!

yea it is der Bomb

hqWeedEater wrote:

We have a local oktoberfest every year here in Delaware. Not exactly the same but we do get some great beers most have probably never had before. Food + beer + music = always a good time.

im really amazed that a lot of US guys have something similar like the Oktoberfest

reaper2792 wrote:

Actual Oktoberfest used to be just one big festival in Munich but now it's basically the entire country just celebrates for a few weeks. All bars/cafe's have specials like 2 beers and some sausage stuff for 5 bucks...etc and they supply "oktoberfest beer" everywhere. It runs from the middle of September to the first weekend of October. I was in Germany 3 years ago from mid September to mid October and literally everywhere I went there was Oktoberfest signs. One place even had 72 ounce cups of beer for a just a few Euros. Great times

true dat

wr1500 wrote:

I lived in Germany for 6 years so I know of it i just stupidly never went.  I was in the British Army and based near to Hannover so it was a fair old drive to Munich.

damned, you really missed something :sad:

Hornswoggled wrote:

Hell Yeah! I love OKTOBERFEST!!! Getting drunk and get surrounded by a bunch of sausages...wait, does that sound gay?

me too :P and it doesn´t sound gay
    Horrorman
    hey Kiefdong there is already a thread about Oktoberfest...look here

Horrorman wrote:

Dude, everybody in the world, including the United States, is aware of Oktoberfest.  Ja ja. ;D
    Sgt Elias 207

Horrorman wrote:

Sgt Elias 207 wrote:

yea it is der Bomb

hqWeedEater wrote:

im really amazed that a lot of US guys have something similar like the Oktoberfest

reaper2792 wrote:

true dat

wr1500 wrote:

damned, you really missed something :sad:

Hornswoggled wrote:

me too :P and it doesn´t sound gay

Many of our towns and cities were settled by German Immigrants, we are the melting pot of the world. My great grandparents were german and many Americans have German Heritage.
    Trinity30!
    Hmm, Horrorman, is there a lot of arrests and fights in Oktoberfest? It just seems like something which would attract that sort of behaviour, especially with drunk people.
    Horrorman

Trinity30! wrote:

Hmm, Horrorman, is there a lot of arrests and fights in Oktoberfest? It just seems like something which would attract that sort of behaviour, especially with drunk people.

no not really, only a few ones...but there is a lot of police there to prevent such things :P
    x iM a N ii A k
    I heard of it, and I wanna go.
    Trinity30!

Horrorman wrote:

Trinity30! wrote:

no not really, only a few ones...but there is a lot of police there to prevent such things :P

Ah ok, so long as I don't wake up in an alley with broken bones and limbs. I would enjoy it.
    powderslinger
    i would love to go atleast once..
    UnbeltedMedusa
    My brother has been there (we live just 50 kilometers from the german border) he said it was awesome
    Schnitzelbeanr
    Oktoberfest happens every year, it runs from the last weekend in September thru October 31st. I attended a Oktobertfest gathering in Huntington Beach california this past Saturday. Beer, Beer, some brats, and more frik'n beer. The beer babe's are frik'n the stuff of dreams
    hornswoggled
    Happy Oktoberfest!

A week of getting drunk begins!
    CrazyCanuck
    We have a massive Oktoberfest celebration near me In Kitchener, Ontario every year. 
    http://www.oktoberfest.ca/
    ..a Great parade, beer halls, amazing German food, schnitzel, sausages ,sauerkraut and a whole list of other Nom nom's..good music and great times.. Not to mention massive beer halls filled with some cuties

i usually go to the Concordia Club for a few nights of over indulgence...
    Horrorman
    O'zapft is - The Octoberfest has started again   I remember this thread    Just yesterday when this years Octoberfest started again, I was thinking about to bump this thread.
    This time a Mass Beer do cost 8,90 Euro, and you are not allowed to smoke in the Beer Tends anymore. WTF
    KIEFDONG
    i live in la crosse, wi which is home of one of the biggest oktoberfest's in the country! and home of the worlds largest six pack
    DanielWW2
    Horror be sure that you have some braincells left after the fest. 
    Horrorman

DanielWW2 wrote:

Horror be sure that you have some braincells left after the fest. 

hmmm what braincells !?   
    hornswoggled
    So, what do you do Horror?

Do you join in the outside Festivities or just stay in the bar with your friends?
    Horrorman

Hornswoggled wrote:

So, what do you do Horror?

Do you join in the outside Festivities or just stay in the bar with your friends?

I can´t go this year to Munich, but something similar is starting in my city next week, and be sure about i´m there 

this is the link for english speaking ones 

http://www.cannstatter-volksfest.de/index.php?id=2&L=1
    KIEFDONG
    me and my wife are trying to make a trip to the fest in munich i've heard so many great things i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!
    hornswoggled
    Who's ready for Sausages!

...wait, that didn't come out right.

I'm thinking of going to an Oktoberfest this year.
    I had my first German ale yesterday.  

Dont_Shoot_me23 wrote:

5 stars (thread)

*Crys*
    Horrorman

GoNavy_09 wrote:

I'm thinking of going to an Oktoberfest this year.
    I had my first German ale yesterday.  

And do you liked it !?