21 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2010 11:29 AM by DavidGurdy RSS

Treyarch Maps

DavidGurdy
So one of the things I am most looking forward to is the map design in this game. I remember coming to WaW from cod4 and the maps were so good. I am a big fan of their map design and now I hear the maps are more interactive and not so static....I really can't wait.
  • Re: Treyarch Maps
    DOGMOTHER
    I heard there was going to be 14 maps?!? is that to start with or does that include some type of dlc.
    I think it will start with 14
    ya the start is 14 without any dlc. I hope they have some sort of free map download like they had with Makin Day in WaW 
    The Killadude
    Makin Day was awesome!!
    The Awesomo 5000
    I heard there was an underwater map
    Cable99

The Awesomo 5000 wrote:

I heard your brain was underwater.

On Topic-WAW maps were great. COD4 had too many designed choke points while Treyarch had more of an "open" feel to their maps. I'm hoping for more like that...
    14? I know cod4 came with 16, but what about waw and mw2. I just hope there good.

cubsfan2154 wrote:

14? I know cod4 came with 16, but what about waw and mw2. I just hope there good.

I hope they actually ROTATE the maps so I get to play more than the same three maps every time I'm online.

Flakfire wrote:

I hope they actually ROTATE the maps so I get to play more than the same three maps every time I'm online.

YES! I had a problem with that last night... I think the only maps I played were Skidrow, Scrapyard, and Invasion
    Loyal X Patriot

Cable 99 wrote:

The Awesomo 5000 wrote:

I heard your brain was underwater.

On Topic-WAW maps were great. COD4 had too many designed choke points while Treyarch had more of an "open" feel to their maps. I'm hoping for more like that...

Again, I couldn't agree more Cable. It's not even that they were huge for WAW, they were just designed to have a good flow. Except for some poor S&D spawns. But overall, WAW maps are 
    yovlud

bunkyrob wrote:

I think it will start with 14

In the Swat game mode in Halo: Reach, there is only about 6 maps...that's a mega fail for Bungie.  Treyarch has ALWAYS made the most attractive maps in the last 3 call of duty games.

xL 3 G A C Yx wrote:

Flakfire wrote:

YES! I had a problem with that last night... I think the only maps I played were Skidrow, Scrapyard, and Invasion

That's all it ever has me play. I paid for maps. I want to play them occasionally. Is that too much to ask?

Flakfire wrote:

That's all it ever has me play. I paid for maps. I want to play them occasionally. Is that too much to ask?

I recently purchased the map packs because they were half off. but I think I have only played 3 of the maps so far.
    yovlud

xL 3 G A C Yx wrote:

Flakfire wrote:

I recently purchased the map packs because they were half off. but I think I have only played 3 of the maps so far.

I played that game day in day out for about 2 months after the Map Packs were released, and by the end of my run, I had forgotten the name of half the maps...because it was (Fuel, Rundown, Storm, Rundown, Fuel, Fuel, Karachi).  Really IW?
    loved Makin Day  and Makin
    psycho dad 7337
    im looking forward to all the interaction also. im glad they chose to do it. it makes the game more strategic
    Ghost302

Flakfire wrote:

cubsfan2154 wrote:

I totally agree 100%. I got tired of playing the same map sometimes 2 out of 3 rounds..
    Warfare67
    There is tree ways you can vote to skip a map. The maps are in rotation like on the PC. I don't know if they are the same as CoD4 had it but still.
    1.Play the next map in rotation.
    2.Play the same map over again.
    3.Pick a random map.
    minr 69r
    Hopefully it will start with 14 because i am tired of paying for another half of what i paed for a video game to get the map packs i mean that is the biggest scam ever
    minr 69r

Warfare67 wrote:

There is tree ways you can vote to skip a map. The maps are in rotation like on the PC. I don't know if they are the same as CoD4 had it but still.
    1.Play the next map in rotation.
    2.Play the same map over again.
    3.Pick a random map.

Dude you already said this in a different forum you cannot just spam forums that is rude
    DavidGurdy

Flakfire wrote:

cubsfan2154 wrote:

That is another thing...I would like to play all the maps too. I honestly don't remember the last time I played estate. I am sure they know people are incredibly annoyed by this and I really hope they improve on the mw2 settings