16 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2010 7:16 AM by Clampoo RSS

The AUG

bballer632
I  was  watching  some  videos yesterday and  as I saw  the AUG being used more and  more it really looks like it could be a very good  gun. I am not saying that it will  be overpowered or anything but it looks like it has the potential to be  a strong threat in  MP.  Let me know  your thoughts  I'd love to  hear them.
  • Re: The AUG
    minr 69r

bballer632 wrote:

I  was  watching  some  videos yesterday and  as I saw  the AUG being used more and  more it really looks like it could be a very good  gun. I am not saying that it will  be overpowered or anything but it looks like it has the potential to be  a strong threat in  MP.  Let me know  your thoughts  I'd love to  hear them.

I never really like any of the lmg's in modern warfare 2 unless i had to use them but i saw the video too and i think it would be great if they made some of their guns more fun to play with
    Vicariousliving

minr 69r wrote:

bballer632 wrote:

I never really like any of the lmg's in modern warfare 2 unless i had to use them but i saw the video too and i think it would be great if they made some of their guns more fun to play with

It's gonna be the Streyr AUG,not the AUG HBAR in this game,assult not LMG. So now I get to have fun with it with out a 75 round mag and run/reload/ADS penalties(LMGs are cheap,so I don't use them,oh look,I spray,but it's cool,I can't run fast with it  ). I just hope they did a balencing act,I don't care if every weapon class is the same,atleast I can have diffrent types of guns without being overpowered.
    bballer632
    It's gonna be the Streyr AUG,not the AUG HBAR in this game,assult not LMG. So now I get to have fun with it with out a 75 round mag and run/reload/ADS penalties(LMGs are cheap,so I don't use them,oh look,I spray,but it's cool,I can't run fast with it  ). I just hope they did a balencing act,I don't care if every weapon class is the same,atleast I can have diffrent types of guns without being overpowered.[/quote]

Thank you for that confirmation, I noticed on a website that the AUG was listed as an AR and I was about confused because in MW2 it was a LMG but thanks that makes  sense.
    Vicariousliving

bballer632 wrote:

It's gonna be the Streyr AUG,not the AUG HBAR in this game,assult not LMG. So now I get to have fun with it with out a 75 round mag and run/reload/ADS penalties(LMGs are cheap,so I don't use them,oh look,I spray,but it's cool,I can't run fast with it  ). I just hope they did a balencing act,I don't care if every weapon class is the same,atleast I can have diffrent types of guns without being overpowered.

Thank you for that confirmation, I noticed on a website that the AUG was listed as an AR and I was about confused because in MW2 it was a LMG but thanks that makes  sense.[/quote]
    No problem,I was disapointed in MW2 to find out that the AUG was an lmg. I love bullpup weapons but the FAMAs was the only one with accurecy but it sucks unless going up against an M16. I want the AUG,but I'm going straight for M14 when I get it unlocked :P
    SPECTRA
    BEST GUN EVER!  I like the stock color for the stock: green
    Always was a fan of the AUG line of weapons from the H-BAR models to the STG-77
    brbgettnlag
    i like tha aug but i think i'll try out anouther assault rifle first. first prestige for me is going to me buying every gun to test them out and see what i like
    bballer632
    I'm gonna try the AUG it looks very good and all around I'm excited for it. It may not be the first  gun I used but I'll use it towards the beggining.
    lgCLGT369
    i always use it in mw2 BEST gun there is 
    The AUG looks good, I won't lie about that. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say the AK-47, Galil, and SA80 are better. But, if the game is properly balanced, it won't matter because every gun will have a pro and a con.
    The AUG will be my First prestige Patrol gun, slap a reflex sight and a silencer on that sucker with some decent camo and I'm set..
    But as for my Pre-prestige Patrol gun, thats going to be my Einfeild with Tiger camo, Silencer and Reflex sight.. Ohhh.. baby... I can see it now..
    CR0$$B0W
    i have all readdy got a class planed aug with swarvoski im not saying the rest coz i hate when people copy my class but so far i have a sniper and assault rifle class SNIPER : L96A1 and AR: AUG so it definatly in my classes great gun i got used to it in mw2 so it will be good fun
    mojocu

bballer632 wrote:

ALL of the guns look overpowered = all of them are equal.

They all basically have Stopping Power.  That's why they took out SP.  No one needs it.
    Lord Mathius77
    Should be a 3 shot kill at BEST.

It reloads too fast w/ sleight of hand.

Those are my impressions and thoughts.
    ghosthound
    I'll certainly give it a try. 
    HoboC0mmander
    It looks like a very good AR. I'm gonna go ahead and say that it's going to behave kinda like the m4a1 in mw2, with maybe a bit higher rate of fire. One of the lower damage assault rifles, but with a good ROF and low recoil to make up for it.
    Clampoo
    I loved the AUG in MW2. This one looks beast mode as well.