24 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2010 5:02 PM by whitegangsta248 RSS

Wii has better community?

Dbro85
Well think about it, since the Wii is full of "family games" only the hardcore Wii owners really get Call of Duty and if a kid wants it, then they have to beg their parents for it. Also, if a kid really wants to play Call of Duty, they will beg their parents for a PS3 or a 360. Even with this, the PC most likely has the best community since no kids wants to play on a computer since playing on a PS3 or 360 is the "cool thing to do".  With this said, does this mean that the Wii has one of the most kid-free communities? In my opinion, yes but go ahead and weigh in on this.
  • Re: Wii has better community?
    Catman789
    well it seems that there are quite a few kids playing on wii, but those are the only legitimately smart ones. on wii, i bet i wont hear kids singing Brittany Spears when I'm using the PDP to talk to my teammates on black ops.
    RisingSnake
    But what about Christmas noobs?!
    What happens when I have my HeadBanger on Christmas?

Tho', I will say we are a bit more active...don't know why.
    kweagle

Dbro85 wrote:

Well think about it, since the Wii is full of "family games" only the hardcore Wii owners really get Call of Duty and if a kid wants it, then they have to beg their parents for it. Also, if a kid really wants to play Call of Duty, they will beg their parents for a PS3 or a 360. Even with this, the PC most likely has the best community since no kids wants to play on a computer since playing on a PS3 or 360 is the "cool thing to do".  With this said, does this mean that the Wii has one of the most kid-free communities? In my opinion, yes but go ahead and weigh in on this.

Uhh, what?  I have no idea what the point of this post is supposed to be...
    RisingSnake
    He saying only hardcore players get CoD on Wii, I guess there's more scrutiny on kids with Wii. Which kinda makes sense...

Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Play, Brawl.... BILLY! WHY DO YOU HAVE A RATED M GAME?!

...That's what I got out of the post.
    SS sniper
    He's tryin' to reassure us that when we do get the headset, we won't have to listen to li'l noobs & pre-teens talkin' crap & stuff.
    RisingSnake
    That takes all the fun out of PDP.
    11 year olds playing CoD make me lul.
    SS sniper
    Not when they call you d**chebags & motherf***ers just to sound cool even though they've no idea what those words even mean.
    crazybloodmonkey
    yeah its funny that people think that the wii is just filled with little 12 year old retreads who say cuss and don't know what the mean but really all those little kids have xbox 360  and ps3 
    RisingSnake
    That's the funny part!
    OFC Thunder

moerocks123 wrote:

this is a nice question i am a kid im 14. but i wont whine if i were angry i would take out the pdp and yell.(which i dont do)

Leave this forum....you must be 17.
    crazybloodmonkey

Grave_Digger_OFC wrote:

moerocks123 wrote:

this is a nice question i am a kid im 14. but i wont whine if i were angry i would take out the pdp and yell.(which i dont do)

your kidding right?
    dowtatno

Grave_Digger_OFC wrote:

moerocks123 wrote:

why so serious?
    kweagle
    I do believe it clearly stated that you must be over 17 to register on this site....
    thegmo
    yea, and if a admin or mod sees your post saying your 14, they will bann you and you will need to make a new account...
    SS sniper
    Oooo...tough luck there, buddy.
    Heartspro07

TheGMO wrote:

yea, and if a admin or mod sees your post saying your 14, they will bann you and you will need to make a new account...

...and you will be banned again.

Having more than one account can result in the ban-hammer.

Mods and admins have the ability to compare IPs of all accounts.
    Captain Cool 919
    if you want to know how popular call of duty is on the wii, i just checked the nintendo channel and MWR is the fifth best game recommended by people and three of the top games are made from nintendo if you think for one second that call of duty has no fans for the wii, you are wrong. the only problem is this: marketing.
    whitegangsta248
    Why would marketing be a problem? But, I think it's a very good point that the wii has a better community, and i think it does. Only people that know why the wii is better would play it, and lots of people think the wii is inferior to their own systems, so most retarded people don't play it on the wii.
    Dbro85
    the reason that people don't get a Wii themselves is that they already bought a 360 or a PS3 and they lost all of their money on that so they couldn't buy a Wii. they also feel the need to get one because they think that everyone that's anyone has one and if the Wii sucks so much, then why did Sony copy it and just make it HD and why did Microsoft make their own motion controller?
    whitegangsta248

Dbro85 wrote:

the reason that people don't get a Wii themselves is that they already bought a 360 or a PS3 and they lost all of their money on that so they couldn't buy a Wii. they also feel the need to get one because they think that everyone that's anyone has one and if the Wii sucks so much, then why did Sony copy it and just make it HD and why did Microsoft make their own motion controller?

Agreed, but in the future i would like to see a newer version of the wii with much better hardware capabilities. It probably won't come for another couple years, but i hope it does sometime. The wii was a fantastic idea, as we can see the other systems stealing the main part of it, i just wish they could've done a bit better job on the memory, hard disk space, and processing.
    Personally, I feel the PC and Wii CoD community are more mature than the PS3 and much more than the 360. I was in GS one day this week browsing and a mother was at the counter with her child. She explained to the cashier that it was her sons 9th birthday and needed to preorder Black Ops for the 360 for him. 9 years old is too young to experience something like BO, but I am sure he begged until his needs were met and now he will be the one using whatever big boy words he can to sound cool. I was 13 or 14 on Mortal Monday and was not allowed to get Mortal Kombat until I became older. I don't know why I posted or even if I am on topic, I'm tired.
    Ragzie
    i enjoy the Wii and xbox community, however i enjoy the Wii community more
    we have no in-game chat, but we've gone around that with skype and TS etc etc. the only thing that annoys me slightly with the wii's community especially on certain forums is the amount of complaining.
    fencer137
    Theres always going to be whiners and i get sick of it to but oh well.
    whitegangsta248
    We all get tired of people complaining, i hate people that complain. People that state a problem and want it resolved, and are mature about it, that's ok. But people who just say every little thing that bugs them, and a thing that can't be done about it, now that bugs me, and we have too many people doing it. They complain about chaining, which isn't a huge problem, noobtubes, which you aren't going to be able to stop, and hacking, which is very annoying, but what can people do to stop it? Some people just need to deal with the problem, especially if they can''t do a thing about it.