29 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2010 5:36 AM by BananaTart RSS

HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping

lord cheeseballs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTWtn2Wddw&feature=sub

HC3Z from OpTicNation brings a sick gameplay and commentary bringing up the matter of quickscoping and Josh Ollin/JD_2020's response.

He said that when Josh said Quickscoping was cheap he meant all quickscoping even from the counterstrike era and I think it offended him.

Watch it for yourself and then flame or discuss the topic.
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    he can think whatever the hell he wants. If he moans like that we can stick to mw2, ans that goes for all the optic fanboy 12 year olds as well.
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    NATIVETHREAT
    mw2 will be filled with only Qser;s runnin around after black ops comes out anyway hahah be like one private match after another hahha
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    DEliteZ

    NATIVETHREAT wrote:

     

    mw2 will be filled with only Qser;s runnin around after black ops comes out anyway hahah be like one private match after another hahha



    bro what you dont understand is that the people that QS is because we find the actual guns too easy, we would gape your a-s-shole wide open with a normal AR,LMG,SMG lol hell we even do it with a sniper, dont believe anybody lets go on XBOX
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    iTz ScooTzman
    Notice how nearly 10x as many people agree that quickscoping is skillful than how many think its cheap...
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    Saint123q
    I will say though, that a majority of Quick Scopers, QS just to seem bad ass you know, a lot of the pro's do it as a skill, there are even competitions for it, soo ya.
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    GHOSTthePRO
    Very good video indeed! An example of a mature person who can quickscope and sees the skill in it. I am not a 'quickscoper' (I say this because I use all different play styles, tactics, weapons and killstreaks) though I am very good at it.

    Honestly, each time someone quickscopes they place the scope crosshair (not the hip fire cross hair but the fine scope crosshair) on the target before the crosshair is even visible. This means they have adapted so much that they are fully in tune with the exact centre point and can place it on targets intuitively and quickly.

    Every kill this guy got in the vid he could have taken .3 seconds longer and waited for the scope to be visible. What then? is that ok even though he has done it quickly? Of course you would say that is ok (a hardscope) but if so, what is the difference in a few miliseconds?

    At the end of the day, i hate the whole sheepish fashion that surrounds quickscoping but the thing itself has been around since counter strike days and probably before (quickscoping is simply the mastering of a very precise weapon).

    I guarantee you, that 90% of the anti-quickscoping community cannot quickscope sufficiently. It is just self-righteous and dilusional when the weaker of the species get together so as to sheepishly agree and share the affirmation. No offense but its all the spoilt suburban pu$$ys who expect everything to cater to they're individual needs rather than being open to new challegnes and a desire to evolve. 85% of that 90% did not even watch this video or listen to what the man has to say, why? Because ignorance is bliss and the longer these people embrace they're chosen reality, the easier it is for them to shun another perspective. Oh well, i guess talent or intelligence would not be named so if everybody posessed it. How can one say they are good if everyone is of equal level and in this day and age (where each parent can provide a life for they're child where they are the most important thing and get everything they're way, what with all the comforts our species has developed), the concept of skill is being replaced by a conformist 'anyone can do anyhting' mentality. Well its BS unfortunately. Yes you can learn things but your techinical specifications cannot be upgraded like your beloved rig. Your a farmer or a hunter, both have they're specialities, but in an FPS, one camps and diludes themselves with comments like 'OMG no way' and the other is in they're element with the rush of the chase and the thrill of the kill.
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    nubp
    I'm sorry Josh but when you have built-in aimbot, your whole game is cheap.   It's not just the sniper rifles.
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    Dog For Dinner
    When you think of quickscoping, if you can only think of MW2 then you have earnt yourself a free pass to play in traffic.
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    GHOSTthePRO
    I got love for Treyarch and its staff (including JD2020 who i feel has been slightly manipulated by the louder members of the community, though not the majority) but I do think JD is a very low skill player.

    His nickname is a p1ss take (probably made up by his friends at Treyarch/who he games with) that references his score (in other words, he pretty much breaks even/goes 20-20).

    I also just read that in WAW he was known for consistantly using the MP40 (though WAW did not appeal to me, I have heard the MP40 was super OP) and juggernaught. If that is not cheaper than quickscoping, I need to get my head checked...
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    sagey007

    iTz ScooTzman wrote:

     

    Notice how nearly 10x as many people agree that quickscoping is skillful than how many think its cheap...




    no
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    GHOSTthePRO
    Your probably right Saggey, but ask yourself, if the whole community that plays the game were asked (not just the people who have time to browse forums months/years before the relase of a game), would that no remain as common? I think not. Just cos you guys are 'clever' and articulate your opinions elegantly, even if you all agree (to be honest, your doing the same thing so you must be similar.. duh..), this does not make you special or make your desire anymore important.

    I know your ignorant people will not watch this video, your loss.
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    Awesome Rajt?
    WE DONT GIVE A ******* ****!
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping

    GHOSTthePRO wrote:

     

    Very good video indeed! An example of a mature person who can quickscope and sees the skill in it. I am not a 'quickscoper' (I say this because I use all different play styles, tactics, weapons and killstreaks) though I am very good at it.

    Honestly, each time someone quickscopes they place the scope crosshair (not the hip fire cross hair but the fine scope crosshair) on the target before the crosshair is even visible. This means they have adapted so much that they are fully in tune with the exact centre point and can place it on targets intuitively and quickly.

    Every kill this guy got in the vid he could have taken .3 seconds longer and waited for the scope to be visible. What then? is that ok even though he has done it quickly? Of course you would say that is ok (a hardscope) but if so, what is the difference in a few miliseconds?

    At the end of the day, i hate the whole sheepish fashion that surrounds quickscoping but the thing itself has been around since counter strike days and probably before (quickscoping is simply the mastering of a very precise weapon).

    I guarantee you, that 90% of the anti-quickscoping community cannot quickscope sufficiently. It is just self-righteous and dilusional when the weaker of the species get together so as to sheepishly agree and share the affirmation. No offense but its all the spoilt suburban pu$$ys who expect everything to cater to they're individual needs rather than being open to new challegnes and a desire to evolve. 85% of that 90% did not even watch this video or listen to what the man has to say, why? Because ignorance is bliss and the longer these people embrace they're chosen reality, the easier it is for them to shun another perspective. Oh well, i guess talent or intelligence would not be named so if everybody posessed it. How can one say they are good if everyone is of equal level and in this day and age (where each parent can provide a life for they're child where they are the most important thing and get everything they're way, what with all the comforts our species has developed), the concept of skill is being replaced by a conformist 'anyone can do anyhting' mentality. Well its BS unfortunately. Yes you can learn things but your techinical specifications cannot be upgraded like your beloved rig. Your a farmer or a hunter, both have they're specialities, but in an FPS, one camps and diludes themselves with comments like 'OMG no way' and the other is in they're element with the rush of the chase and the thrill of the kill.



    GOD ^
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    SuReSh0t45
    im not worried someone will find a way to quickscope so im not worried plus all JD used in WAW was jugg with mp40 
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping

    GHOSTthePRO wrote:

     

    Very good video indeed! An example of a mature person who can quickscope and sees the skill in it. I am not a 'quickscoper' (I say this because I use all different play styles, tactics, weapons and killstreaks) though I am very good at it.

    Honestly, each time someone quickscopes they place the scope crosshair (not the hip fire cross hair but the fine scope crosshair) on the target before the crosshair is even visible. This means they have adapted so much that they are fully in tune with the exact centre point and can place it on targets intuitively and quickly.

    Every kill this guy got in the vid he could have taken .3 seconds longer and waited for the scope to be visible. What then? is that ok even though he has done it quickly? Of course you would say that is ok (a hardscope) but if so, what is the difference in a few miliseconds?

    At the end of the day, i hate the whole sheepish fashion that surrounds quickscoping but the thing itself has been around since counter strike days and probably before (quickscoping is simply the mastering of a very precise weapon).

    I guarantee you, that 90% of the anti-quickscoping community cannot quickscope sufficiently. It is just self-righteous and dilusional when the weaker of the species get together so as to sheepishly agree and share the affirmation. No offense but its all the spoilt suburban pu$$ys who expect everything to cater to they're individual needs rather than being open to new challegnes and a desire to evolve. 85% of that 90% did not even watch this video or listen to what the man has to say, why? Because ignorance is bliss and the longer these people embrace they're chosen reality, the easier it is for them to shun another perspective. Oh well, i guess talent or intelligence would not be named so if everybody posessed it. How can one say they are good if everyone is of equal level and in this day and age (where each parent can provide a life for they're child where they are the most important thing and get everything they're way, what with all the comforts our species has developed), the concept of skill is being replaced by a conformist 'anyone can do anyhting' mentality. Well its BS unfortunately. Yes you can learn things but your techinical specifications cannot be upgraded like your beloved rig. Your a farmer or a hunter, both have they're specialities, but in an FPS, one camps and diludes themselves with comments like 'OMG no way' and the other is in they're element with the rush of the chase and the thrill of the kill.



    +1


    sleight of hand pro NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO THE SNIPER
    THE SNIPERS WANT A FASTER ACOG RED DOT AND NORMAL SCOPE
    IT SHOULD BE LIKE IN BF2,COUNTER 1.6 OR EVEN MEDAL OF HONOR
    SCOPE SWAY NEEDS TO BE REMOVED COMPLETELY
    THEY CAN ADD SWAY TO AR SINCE THEY LIKE IT SO MUCH

    ONLY KIDS WHO CANT AIM AND USE SNIPER USE IT TO SHOOT FROM FAR
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    PirateNinja

    iTz ScooTzman wrote:

     

    Notice how nearly 10x as many people agree that quickscoping is skillful than how many think its cheap...



    If this were really true and not you trying to make it out to be true, the company would have NEVER made the change.

    They are out their to make the most people happy.

    Sorry, QS are a minority and probably a very small one

    Im going to estimate and say no more then 3% of everyone who plans on buying BO was planning on hardcore QSing

    They just like to be vocal and bluster
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    lord cheeseballs
    So people say QS is luck look at HC3Z thats gotta be some skill in it. QS FTW!!!
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    ChUcK________NoRRis

    iTz ScooTzman wrote:

     

    Notice how nearly 10x as many 12 year old kids agree that quickscoping is skillful than how many think its cheap...



    fixed
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    suuky

    snapr68 wrote:

     

    GHOSTthePRO wrote:

     

    Very good video indeed! An example of a mature person who can quickscope and sees the skill in it. I am not a 'quickscoper' (I say this because I use all different play styles, tactics, weapons and killstreaks) though I am very good at it.

    Honestly, each time someone quickscopes they place the scope crosshair (not the hip fire cross hair but the fine scope crosshair) on the target before the crosshair is even visible. This means they have adapted so much that they are fully in tune with the exact centre point and can place it on targets intuitively and quickly.

    Every kill this guy got in the vid he could have taken .3 seconds longer and waited for the scope to be visible. What then? is that ok even though he has done it quickly? Of course you would say that is ok (a hardscope) but if so, what is the difference in a few miliseconds?

    At the end of the day, i hate the whole sheepish fashion that surrounds quickscoping but the thing itself has been around since counter strike days and probably before (quickscoping is simply the mastering of a very precise weapon).

    I guarantee you, that 90% of the anti-quickscoping community cannot quickscope sufficiently. It is just self-righteous and dilusional when the weaker of the species get together so as to sheepishly agree and share the affirmation. No offense but its all the spoilt suburban pu$$ys who expect everything to cater to they're individual needs rather than being open to new challegnes and a desire to evolve. 85% of that 90% did not even watch this video or listen to what the man has to say, why? Because ignorance is bliss and the longer these people embrace they're chosen reality, the easier it is for them to shun another perspective. Oh well, i guess talent or intelligence would not be named so if everybody posessed it. How can one say they are good if everyone is of equal level and in this day and age (where each parent can provide a life for they're child where they are the most important thing and get everything they're way, what with all the comforts our species has developed), the concept of skill is being replaced by a conformist 'anyone can do anyhting' mentality. Well its BS unfortunately. Yes you can learn things but your techinical specifications cannot be upgraded like your beloved rig. Your a farmer or a hunter, both have they're specialities, but in an FPS, one camps and diludes themselves with comments like 'OMG no way' and the other is in they're element with the rush of the chase and the thrill of the kill.



    +1


    sleight of hand pro NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO THE SNIPER
    THE SNIPERS WANT A FASTER ACOG RED DOT AND NORMAL SCOPE
    IT SHOULD BE LIKE IN BF2,COUNTER 1.6 OR EVEN MEDAL OF HONOR
    SCOPE SWAY NEEDS TO BE REMOVED COMPLETELY
    THEY CAN ADD SWAY TO AR SINCE THEY LIKE IT SO MUCH

    ONLY KIDS WHO CANT AIM AND USE SNIPER USE IT TO SHOOT FROM FAR


    lol what the ****? its takes MORE aim to shoot from afar.
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    GHOSTthePRO
    Petch wrote: "GOD ^"

    Why thank you kind sir but I wouldn't go that far! (waits for the sarcasm to register)


    sureshot? wrote: "sleight of hand pro NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO THE SNIPER
    THE SNIPERS WANT A FASTER ACOG RED DOT AND NORMAL SCOPE
    IT SHOULD BE LIKE IN BF2,COUNTER 1.6 OR EVEN MEDAL OF HONOR
    SCOPE SWAY NEEDS TO BE REMOVED COMPLETELY
    THEY CAN ADD SWAY TO AR SINCE THEY LIKE IT SO MUCH

    ONLY KIDS WHO CANT AIM AND USE SNIPER USE IT TO SHOOT FROM FAR"

    I disagree completely.. correction, you are wrong. Sniping from far takes skill and I would submit that most kiddies who quickscope cannot sniper from far efficiently. Sniping also takes awarenss and anticipation to position yourself effectively (by reading the flow of the game).

    Sleight of hand does not need to be added. I can quickscope in MW2 without SOH, SP and SA... Sway should be removed? are you serious? Do know how much a Cheytac intervention and barret 50cal weigh? lol I'd love to see you hold it whilst running without there being any sway, heck I'd love to see you run with it, that alone would be impressive...

    Unfortunately m8 you are just making yourself seem very immature and ignorant to other views (just like the anti-quickscopers)
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    GHOSTthePRO
    PirateNinja wrote: "If this were really true and not you trying to make it out to be true, the company would have NEVER made the change.
    "

    Actually your incorrect... Yes, your opinion may be the most popular 'on these forums' but the vast majority of those who play COD do not bother with the forums so you are incorrect. Just because most of the forum think something, does not mean most of the games community thinks it.
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    RebJii
    1. i know people who dont use soh pro and quickscope
    2. no matter what you do people will still quickscope in black ops regardless if theres not soh pro for snipers.

    And tbh i dont know what the fuss is about if these guys like to have some fun with mates or just play the game for fun why have a mega fit on how they play the game. To quickscope it does take skill, if you guys think you are all pro why cant you kill a guy running around with a sniper ?
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    lord cheeseballs
    Sniping takes more skill than any AR,SMG, LMG or shotgun.

    Quickscoping should be in
    hardscoping is not noob

    I challenge anyone to get 25-6 in BFBC2 Sniping (my best so far)

    Its take so much more skill because of wind, bullet drop and you have to estimate how far someone is and the bullet doesn't hit straight away
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    PirateNinja

    GHOSTthePRO wrote:

     


    Actually your incorrect... Yes, your opinion may be the most popular 'on these forums' but the vast majority of those who play COD do not bother with the forums so you are incorrect. Just because most of the forum think something, does not mean most of the games community thinks it.



    I really doubt that Treyarch made this change by a few forum posts

    They had all the data from the F&F beta

    They saw the videos touting the ease of quickscoping

    They took all the information and made a BUSINESS decision.

    You dont do that from the forum that they dont post on,  you look at everything.

    Its obvious just from the fact that they changed it that they believe more hated it then loved it

    That they would lose more money if they kept it then if they changed it. Their sole reason is sales and profit. They believe they will profit more cause the QSers will say ill just buy the game and find away to beat the system (ie cheat)

    If left in, some wouldnt even buy the game.
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    HCSD 1
    JD needs to realise just because the quickscoping community on the forums isnt that big the whole community isnt
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    lord cheeseballs
    I wish OpTic_H3CZ was on these forums....

    H3CZ FTW!
    H3CZ FTW!
    H3CZ FTW!
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    and your point is?????  Just because someone is good and recognized for being good doesn't mean their opinion is any more important than anyone elses, especially a developer. Of course someone who is famous for quickscoping is going to defend quickscoping, try getting an unbiased opinion for once damn.
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    Ragzie
    JD_2020, the voice of the average 40 year old gamer.
  • Re: HC3Z's opinion on Q'scoping
    BananaTart

    lord cheeseballs wrote:

     

    Sniping takes more skill than any AR,SMG, LMG or shotgun.

    Quickscoping should be in
    hardscoping is not noob

    I challenge anyone to get 25-6 in BFBC2 Sniping (my best so far)

    Its take so much more skill because of wind, bullet drop and you have to estimate how far someone is and the bullet doesn't hit straight away


    theres no wind in BFBC2. My view is on consoles it's fairly cheap, im a PC player and even I can quickscope on my friends xbox.
    PC does require some actualy skill - no auto aim. However my thought is this, those who run around quickscoping do it for the challenge yes? Because you guys want a challenge because apparentely useing a SMG or AR is too easy?
    Then why whine and complain when the challenge got harder/went back to cod4/waw style of play?