22 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2012 10:27 AM by Crinus RSS

VAC or PB

TehHimsa
I pray they don't use VAC because it is a extremely crappy anti-cheat. I find PB more superior because in UPDATED PB games hacking isnt much of an issue as is VAC. What are they going to use.
  • Re: VAC or PB
    Zloy_pelmen{13 RUS}
    (sorry for my english, i am russian, because I am Pel'men')
    PB!! PB!! PB!! PB!! I want PB!!    

    VAC dont bans cheaters        . PB bans cheaters very well.  .
  • Re: VAC or PB
    dicobalt

    TehHimsa wrote:

     

    I pray they don't use VAC because it is a extremely crappy anti-cheat. I find PB more superior because in UPDATED PB games hacking isnt much of an issue as is VAC. What are they going to use.



    The problem wasn't VAC the problem was the IWNET P2P nature of the game causing a lack of server admins.  Compound that with the fact that IW developers all quit so there were no engine updates and fixes and you have a recipe for fail.

    VAC + ADMINS == PB + ADMINS
    VAC - ADMINS != PB +ADMINS

    Anti cheat software is only part of the solution, not the entire solution.
  • Re: VAC or PB
    R3APER-UK

    TehHimsa wrote:

     

    I pray they don't use VAC because it is a extremely crappy anti-cheat. I find PB more superior because in UPDATED PB games hacking isnt much of an issue as is VAC. What are they going to use.


    They are using VAC buddy both have there good and bad points but VAc will ban you and give no details of when, where and why and no appeal process.
    PB however you can find out which server, at what time from which ip adress, and why you were banned and sometimes a screenshot included, and they have an appeal process which is good as i had many friends back in the day get banned for gamecam overlay, which after appeal there ban was infact removed, if this happens on VAC you just have to hope that they relise one day and remove the ban.
  • Re: VAC or PB
    Kaltzor
    I do believe the game will use VAC... you say it don't ban hackers? Guess what, it bans more than PB.
  • Re: VAC or PB
    TehHimsa
    Go play counter-strike source and mw2 buddy. See how that works out. Then go play Medal of Honor or any other recent PB game (within 2 years old)
  • Re: VAC or PB
    Zloy_pelmen{13 RUS}

    Go play counter-strike source and mw2 buddy. See how that works out. Then go play Medal of Honor or any other recent PB game (within 2 years old)



    I played CSS with VAC. One man did 6 headshots with aim-bot. He has been banned ONLY with the command "voteban"      (do u heard about it?)

    Sorry 4 my english 
  • Re: VAC or PB
    TehHimsa
    VAC bans on the cycle process if they picked him up he/she would have been banned a couple days or hours later. Still a crappy system
  • Re: VAC or PB
    Zloy_pelmen{13 RUS}

    VAC bans on the cycle process if they picked him up he/she would have been banned a couple days or hours later. Still a crappy system


    I agree with u.

    i hate cheaters. but i love to say them "***********BAD LANGUAGE, I DONT WANT BAN******* *"
  • Re: VAC or PB
    I think both VAC and PB are horrible... PB fails with all its false positives and kicking and VAC kinda fails a little extra with their Delayed Ban system. Maybe in their eyes delaying bans to catch more cheaters is a good thing... but personally I think in the long run its worse for us, because we have to always be playing with bonified cheaters on the servers so its the legit players who end up being shafted every single day.
  • Re: VAC or PB
    olah92
    Number of times I've been kicked by Vac because it couldn't update: 0
    Number of times I've been kicked by PB because it couldn't update: 5206540689125437895463245

    Vac however takes its sweet time kicking cheaters.  But me and my clan will heavily admin our server, so I prefer Vac much more.
  • Re: VAC or PB
    eticpath
    Punkbuster without question it isn't really a fair choice.

    May as well not bother using an anti-cheat if your using VAC
  • Re: VAC or PB
    Killop5
    How many of you even understand of VAC works? Or are you all just basing your slander on MW2? VAC is a far superior Anti-Cheat to PB, it has far less false positives and helps ban more people before the hack is updated:

    A hacker will most likely running multiple hacks at once, so for example, a typical hacker will use:

    -Wallhack
    -Aimbot
    -2D radar

    The chances are, that these will all be different programs running simultaneously. A serious hacker will have paid for his hacks with the guarantee of a refund if he gets caught so, when PB bans him, he is told exactly why he was banned and he goes running of to tell the hacker who made the hack that he got caught. The coder, then codes a new and improved version of his hack and the whole cycle starts again. In this time only a few hackers are caught because of the outdated hack before they are warned to stop using it.

    VAC however, does not ban straight away and doesn't tell you which hack you got banned for. So the hacker who got banned doesn't know who to run to about his banning and has no proof that there was anything wrong with the program. This means that hacks get moved through builds much slower allowing VAC to catch and ban more cheaters. The delay on VAC detecting a hack and banning is only a few days.

    Besides, everyone knows that Anti-Cheats are only useful with dedicated servers. Without Dedicated Servers every anti-cheat in the world is unable to keep up with the amount of hackers as they don't get banned until the Anti-Hack detects them.

    Think about what your saying before you post.
    • Re: VAC or PB

      Well, thanks for the explanation.

      So, can anybody help me about how report cheaters and hackers in steam or better in VAC????

       

      In VAC home page i didn't find a way to report, only to check MW· players ids.

       

      And, one question more: How can i find russian hackers with those imposible nicks???

       

      Thanks

  • Re: VAC or PB
    Frankly I could care less about VAC and its so called Delayed Bans. Does it catch more hackers? Probably... but its also at the expense of the legit players who have to deal with these nubs being allowed to still get into servers. The only anticheat that punishes not only the cheaters (when it gets around to it) but also the legit players. Insta Ban is what they should get and not delayed.. because regardless of how many extra's it catches the legit players shouldnt be subjected to already caught but not yet booted cheaters and also the fact that all it takes is for a few cheaters to get banned and the cheat site is pumping out a new update... its a never ending cycle so why allow the legit players to get the short  end of the stick in the process?
  • Re: VAC or PB
    Iquezeuse

    olah92 wrote:

     

    Number of times I've been kicked by Vac because it couldn't update: 0
    Number of times I've been kicked by PB because it couldn't update: 5206540689125437895463245

    Vac however takes its sweet time kicking cheaters.  But me and my clan will heavily admin our server, so I prefer Vac much more.



    This, a thousand times this.

    The "new" PB used in games like Bad Company isn't as anal about overlays and that stuff as the old version used in say CoD4, but I still much prefer VAC. Very non-obtrusive and delayed bans, like it should be. Together with good admins nothing beats it.
  • Re: VAC or PB
    I just hope they make this ban thing not an issue so im not called a hacker evertime I kill someone epically.... Bring admins into this and problem solved... And actually respond to the reports put on players not just give a message saying go eat some cake.... At least this ingame movie maker should help a bit...
  • Re: VAC or PB
    goldkills

    Killop5 wrote:

     

    How many of you even understand of VAC works? Or are you all just basing your slander on MW2? VAC is a far superior Anti-Cheat to PB, it has far less false positives and helps ban more people before the hack is updated:

    A hacker will most likely running multiple hacks at once, so for example, a typical hacker will use:

    -Wallhack
    -Aimbot
    -2D radar

    The chances are, that these will all be different programs running simultaneously. A serious hacker will have paid for his hacks with the guarantee of a refund if he gets caught so, when PB bans him, he is told exactly why he was banned and he goes running of to tell the hacker who made the hack that he got caught. The coder, then codes a new and improved version of his hack and the whole cycle starts again. In this time only a few hackers are caught because of the outdated hack before they are warned to stop using it.

    VAC however, does not ban straight away and doesn't tell you which hack you got banned for. So the hacker who got banned doesn't know who to run to about his banning and has no proof that there was anything wrong with the program. This means that hacks get moved through builds much slower allowing VAC to catch and ban more cheaters. The delay on VAC detecting a hack and banning is only a few days.

    Besides, everyone knows that Anti-Cheats are only useful with dedicated servers. Without Dedicated Servers every anti-cheat in the world is unable to keep up with the amount of hackers as they don't get banned until the Anti-Hack detects them.

    Think about what your saying before you post.




    Thank you for posting this.
  • Re: VAC or PB
    netunobr
    Vac all the way.
  • Re: VAC or PB
    Immunity_Cvar
    Pb is the way to go! 
  • Re: VAC or PB
    hell445

    R3APER-UK wrote:

     

    TehHimsa wrote:

     

    I pray they don't use VAC because it is a extremely crappy anti-cheat. I find PB more superior because in UPDATED PB games hacking isnt much of an issue as is VAC. What are they going to use.


    They are using VAC buddy both have there good and bad points but VAc will ban you and give no details of when, where and why and no appeal process.
    PB however you can find out which server, at what time from which ip adress, and why you were banned and sometimes a screenshot included, and they have an appeal process which is good as i had many friends back in the day get banned for gamecam overlay, which after appeal there ban was infact removed, if this happens on VAC you just have to hope that they relise one day and remove the ban.





    like i have said it about 3 other posts .. ok vac can be disabled easy .. your sever = dead
    im going say it again .. u try going on a pb sever with a detected hack and try stop pb possible ??? no
    pb bans instant no way around it
  • Re: VAC or PB
    Wafer87

    olah92 wrote:

     

    Number of times I've been kicked by Vac because it couldn't update: 0
    Number of times I've been kicked by PB because it couldn't update: 5206540689125437895463245

    Vac however takes its sweet time kicking cheaters.  But me and my clan will heavily admin our server, so I prefer Vac much more.




    Amen!  We will be policing ours heavy also
    • Re: VAC or PB

      The upside to PB is you can get the PBSS in which you can view random snapshots of players you suspect of hacking (if its not an aimbot).

       

      Back in COD4 some communities would go as far to ban anyone with black PBSS until it was fixed.

       

      It kept hackers out in much better fashion.

       

      The downside to PB is it was no better than VAC in detecting hackers, matter of fact PB would probably **** up and boot more legit players than it would hackers, all depending on what was running in the background. Plus if clans or server owners had grudges for something, they could fake the PB logs very easily.

       

      I say you cant trust either of them, but trust VAC before I would PB, dont even get me started with the PBBans bunch. Thats why Activision moved away from PB.