29 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2010 12:00 PM by meca_666 RSS

Who's Grizz?

GBKH
Ok so I saw this thread by this guy who said that this Grizz guy is the most famous (or something) sniper in Call of Duty.

Yeah, right. (More like the most famous in the quick scoping community).

Anyways yeah, never heard of him.

But on another point, this will be another quick scoping thread! Yay! Let us all rejoice and celebrate!

Anyways, I've seen comments of people saying that people who comment on quick scoping are all ''Biased''.

Well, maybe I'll take a swing at it.

I wouldn't say I'm biased on this though. I've quick scoped on MW2 and yes, I enjoyed it. Did I do it out in public? No, I would've embarrassed myself. I would compare it to like, you doing something you'd do in your own home, but wouldn't do it out in public, as you would be an embarrassment to everyone who is with you. I loved doing it in public matches (heck, even got to join clans because of it!), but I never used it in public matches. Why? Because if people came close, I had something called a pistol which I keep for close range encounters.

For you people who have never heard this word (quick scopers), a pistol is a firearm which you keep in a holster (most commonly on the belt) and pull it out when there is danger near you.

Anyways, where was I.

Oh yes, I do not quick scope in public. Heck, I even tried it out in W@W because I thought ''Heck, I can do this pretty easily in MW2, why not try it in my other favorite Call of Duty games?''. The people who killed me must of thought I was an idiot or something, jeez.

Anyways, if all you quick scopers (and I mean all, not just the few who are actually good) would like to prove yourselves as good, go and try quick scoping in World at War. If all of you can do it at ease, well then heck, you shouldn't have anything to complain about, because obviously you will be able to do it quite nicely in Black Ops. But seeing as everyone only complained now that Sleight of Hand Pro has been removed, I can truly see that 95% of quick scopers are just noobs. If you can prove to me that you don't need Sleight of Hand Pro to quick scope (and yes, I've done quick scope matches without SoH Pro, and I was delighted to find that I even did better than with it, as it allowed me to further correct my aim), then good for you, you have done what I, and the rest of the community, thought you could not do.

Anyways, that's pretty much all...

But eh... Is this grizz guy really that popular? Cause I've been watching a lot of Youtube and I've never seen him around. Is he more popular than Hutch and company? Can we really trust his opinion? To be honest, I didn't really listen to what he said because the whole time he was commentating, he had quick scope gameplay going (oh yeah, not biased AT ALL). So yeah, please enlighten me.

Thanks for reading! (lol yeah, it was kinda long).
  • Re: Who's Grizz?
    somsom
    He's just some rainbow loving kid who enjoys listening to Beiber while pulling off 1ns4n3 n0 s<093$

It's cool, you can't play the game the right way so you had to exploit the system. Keep on being bad Grizz
    PuBsTaR v3
    Um, I agree with the quickscoping and all that but yes, He is famous in the sniping communtiy. He gets paid for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVRIheVBdFc&feature=related - And video's like this are the reason why. Also he's not only just amazing with a sniper.
    Shut. The fu%k. Up!

PuBsTaR v3 wrote:

Um, I agree with the quickscoping and all that but yes, He is famous in the sniping communtiy. He gets paid for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVRIheVBdFc&feature=related - And video's like this are the reason why. Also he's not only just amazing with a sniper.

Griz is the chuck norris of sniping
    Guggi

are you sure? wrote:

PuBsTaR v3 wrote:

No he's not. No one can be as good as Chuck Norris at anything
    wrecku

are you sure? wrote:

PuBsTaR v3 wrote:

Your comparing real life Chuck with some utuber, shame.
    I don't even know where to start with this thread.

You comment about the original thread you are asking about and you make a new thread? WTF why not just post it in there.

Also, to the guy who says he is the chuck norris of sniping, NO he is a Quick Scoper he is not a sniper there is a difference get it right.
    LetJimiTakeOver

Guggi wrote:

That include sucking d*ck?
    Dragonfire321123
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Ls_FFtqdg

nothing else to say. if you think it doesn't take skill then...........
    Just put "zz" into google and his name comes up.

are you sure? wrote:

PuBsTaR v3 wrote:

Roundhouse quickscope to the face.
    nextelbuddy
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=zzirGrizz
    GHOSTthePRO
    Dragon ignore them.. They are mediocre and searching for some justification.

To the OP... You have not experienced quickscoping if you cannot do it in a pub lobby... You experienced the fun of a private match but look at the video posted above me, imagine you could do that kinda sh*t... How much fun would that be?

The sad, mediocre and the plain old bland will always point fingers at those who dare to push the boundaries rather than do what they're told, because deep down, these people know the truth (though they are not consciously aware of this truth - they're subconscious protects them with bullsh*t and they seek other likeminded bullsh*tters on forums to agree with and feel correct). The high amount of people that believe in a god/creator does not make it true, it just shows that the average human is not very bright and somewhat of a flock-follower...
    nextelbuddy

GHOSTthePRO wrote:

To the OP... You have not experienced quickscoping if you cannot do it in a pub lobby... You experienced the fun of a private match but look at the video posted above me, imagine you could do that kinda sh*t... How much fun would that be?

The sad, mediocre and the plain old bland will always point fingers at those who dare to push the boundaries rather than do what they're told, because deep down, these people know the truth (though they are not consciously aware of this truth - they're subconscious protects them with bullsh*t and they seek other likeminded bullsh*tters on forums to agree with and feel correct). The high amount of people that believe in a god/creator does not make it true, it just shows that the average human is not very bright and somewhat of a flock-follower...

Really? People like you honestly believe that he does those kinds of kills consistently? Yea it sure would be fun if you could do that to everyone you ran into but you can’t and nor does he. I’ve seen this guys videos since COD4 when they were just cobbled together montages with jagged transitions all the way to now what they are which are clips he records over LOTS of play time of only his best shots which is hardly a lot and then sends them to someone else for mediocre post production by some little kid that should be focusing on his homework and socializing rather then locked in his room playing with adobe after effects watching YouTube and aetuts.com tutorials on how to play with frames and layers.

you fell for it and watched his videos and went "zomg he’s awesome look how beast he is, wait why does this only show clips from different maps jumping around so much ah never mind who cares its just more nuts to hug"

Flock follower? Making over saturated and processed video game videos that look like B rated straight to DVD movies like everyone else already is and has been doing for years is a flock follower.
    GBKH

GHOSTthePRO wrote:

Ok, might as well start from the end with this.

I know people believe in God. I don't believe in God. I was raised as a Christian, but I realized that I was foolish to believe that one power rules over all human kind, that one can look over us and judge us for who we are.

I agree with you, though, that people should, and always be encouraged to, think differently. Heck, if no one would think differently, would we have people like Stephen Hawking, Nostradamus, George Washington (Wait a sec, I'm a Canadian! Oh well, just goes to show it pays to listen in class)? They thought different and in the end, they all were able to achieve the impossible (well, maybe not impossible, but quite near!). Yes, I will agree with you, thinking differently than others is good.

But on another side, there is more than just them who play the game. There are millions of other people who play these games. For the majority (Dare I say... All?) of these people, they want balance. That seems to be the only issue which the quick scoping community cannot get through their thick skulls and into their brains. There are only a few ways to keep balance in this game. One of the best ways for this, as I see it, is teamwork. Yes, teamwork. Not overpowering every weapon, not giving you this and that, but teamwork.

If I were to have my perfect team for Search and Destroy, I would ask for a sniper, to keep an eye out for the rest of his team, a shotgunner, to clear the way for the squad to enter CQC areas, two SMGers (or runners), to rush to the aid of teammates in trouble and two assaulters (half of these aren't even words lol), to assault and flank the enemy. I would not want to have quick scopers filling in all of these positions.

Yes, you can argue that they are using the game's components to their advantage, but wouldn't that just be an exploit, just like a glitch? If I was using an elevator, exploiting it to my advantage, wouldn't I be called out as a cheater? Sure, this might not be cheating, but come on, what other use than for the sniper would SoH pro apply to? When IW made MW2, they did some things that could not be countered.

What countered Stopping Power? Juggernaut. They removed it and put in Painkiller (And, as we've all seen, they don't balance out). What countered Danger Close? Pfft, the blast shield (barely noticeable). What countered Cold-Blooded? Well, nothing. The way I see it, those perks affet the characters themselves, adding to their chances of survival in combat. Soh Pro adds to that too. How? Well, what is faster, quickly aiming down your sights and taking a random shot in hopes that it will hit the person in front of you, or pistol-whipping your enemy? You and I both know the obvious answer.

But anyways, you know, whatever. Maybe some of this will make sense to you, maybe it won't. The point is, it makes sense to me, and I would be glad to explain it all further if you need me to.
    mrhuk
    He's a Youtube quick scoper that's going to need to adapt or continue playing MW2.
    error_e13

MrHuk wrote:

He's a Youtube quick scoper that's going to need to adapt or continue playing MW2.

zzirgrizz has been around for ages hes been quickscoping along tym, i don he will need to adapt hes pretty damn good at quickscoping in cod4. if BLOPS quickscoping is anything lyk COD4 quickscoping he will be one of the best at quick scoping in BLOPS. if you want proof of his quickscoping abilities from cod 4 here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxAc1ZdRrVU
    yce teh chease
    qLimAxzU is better L0L

and why is it always some noob saying "oh my god" in ALL of the console videos ??

error_e13 wrote:

MrHuk wrote:

zzirgrizz has been around for ages hes been quickscoping along tym, i don he will need to adapt hes pretty damn good at quickscoping in cod4. if BLOPS quickscoping is anything lyk COD4 quickscoping he will be one of the best at quick scoping in BLOPS. if you want proof of his quickscoping abilities from cod 4 here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxAc1ZdRrVU

funny thing about that video you posted is he's also using an acog scope which on cod4 was easier to quickscope with then anything probably in MW2 LOL ......   so really not much skill.  nearly all of his shot are not even on the actual person he's shooting at so i say to you FAIL!
    RunGunBlackOps
    grizz is overrated, i have seen much better snipers than him, i don't hate him, just my opinion.
    What most people fail to notice is that Griz plays in mainly sniper lobbies, which means, he gets everyone in the lobbies to agree on only using sniper rifles. This will obviously give everyone (including himself) a chance to do some insane stuff without the worry of going up against automatic weapons.

But he also does regular lobby games, which he plays with FULL parties. I don't know how many of you have ever played in a full party of people, but you don't need a full party of awesome players to dominate lobbies. Get some mediocre players together and make a full party and you'll dominate most lobbies, even if you're just quickscoping.

And then of course the countless hours and deaths he has to go through, just to get montage quality clips.

I don't think he or any other quickscoper has ever posted an unedited match, where he played without a party, and against people who had no clue who he was and were playing normally. The day I see him or any other quickscoper stay consistent through lobby after lobby, while playing on his own, that's the day I'll admitt that person has skill.
    RunGunBlackOps
    @S6X-Stringz: i think MuzzaFuzza did a full unedited gameplay but i am not really sure about it.

I agree with the full lobby, i have experienced on my own, its is so much easier with a full lobby cause you don't have to deal with the total noobs in your team, also the communication is a huge bonus, it is like a infinite UAV.
    LMMSAB

GBKH wrote:

I loved doing it in public matches (heck, even got to join clans because of it!), but I never used it in public matches.

Fail?
    manbearpig894
    Grizz is the worst CoD player of all time. His videos serve as proof to this statement.
    creaper21

LetJimiTakeOver wrote:

Guggi wrote:

That include sucking d*ck?

Chuck doesn't do that, but if he did, he would be the best at it. Right?
    Komkommerkiller
    LOL, Grizz sucks, OpTic Predator all the way!
    m0rs
    Lol at ppl sucking grizz' bawls. I guess he's good with a stick, but he's nothing compared to the PC pros who are sick at actual sniping, or w/e roles they play. And that's at LAN tourneys playing against other pros, and not pubs lol :p
    avfc94
    im not really sure what your thread is about...

but if your saying quick scoping is stupid and the features of MW2 are stupid which cause quick scoping to be easy, yes i agree

aim assist, SOH pro, steady aim/steady aim pro, light snipers anyway

all stupid.

W@W does not have these stupid features apart from aim assist, which does not assist as much as on MW2
    meca_666

nextelbuddy wrote:

GHOSTthePRO wrote:

Really? People like you honestly believe that he does those kinds of kills consistently? Yea it sure would be fun if you could do that to everyone you ran into but you can’t and nor does he. I’ve seen this guys videos since COD4 when they were just cobbled together montages with jagged transitions all the way to now what they are which are clips he records over LOTS of play time of only his best shots which is hardly a lot and then sends them to someone else for mediocre post production by some little kid that should be focusing on his homework and socializing rather then locked in his room playing with adobe after effects watching YouTube and aetuts.com tutorials on how to play with frames and layers.

you fell for it and watched his videos and went "zomg he’s awesome look how beast he is, wait why does this only show clips from different maps jumping around so much ah never mind who cares its just more nuts to hug"

Flock follower? Making over saturated and processed video game videos that look like B rated straight to DVD movies like everyone else already is and has been doing for years is a flock follower.

He has full games and commentaries up. He really is that good consistently. He does play for the objective, he's explained this in a few full gameplays. Thanks for chiming in on something you know nothing about.