23 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2012 1:32 PM by iil4zyii RSS

Kill Streak Custom classes

capp00
Something I was hoping for was allowing us to have maybe 2-3 "classes" where we can set our killstreaks up and then be able to choose them like we can with our normal custom classes.

Reasoning: Obviously some kill streaks are better suited for certain maps or game types. Going with MW2 for example, I liked to use Predator Missiles/Harrier/Pavelow, but some states like Underpass and Skidrow, those didn't work as well. So I'd change them before the match started.
But a lot of times we were dropped into a lobby with no time to change them, or whatever.

I just think it would be nice to have a few slots where you can set up your killstreaks and then choose from them when you choose your class when the game starts.
In case I'm not making myself clear (which I hope that isn't the case), just like your 5 custom classes where you can define your primary/secondary weapons, equipment, perks, etc..
How about 2-3 custom kill streak classes where we can setup like:

Class 1:   UAV, Care Package, Napalm
Class 2:   Sentry Gun, Attack Chopper, Dogs
Class 3:   Whatever

And then we can pick them when the round begins. That would just save time swapping them out all the time.

Thoughts?
  • Re: Kill Streak Custom classes
    rabble rabble

Capp00 wrote:

Something I was hoping for was allowing us to have maybe 2-3 "classes" where we can set our killstreaks up and then be able to choose them like we can with our normal custom classes.

Reasoning: Obviously some kill streaks are better suited for certain maps or game types. Going with MW2 for example, I liked to use Predator Missiles/Harrier/Pavelow, but some states like Underpass and Skidrow, those didn't work as well. So I'd change them before the match started.
    But a lot of times we were dropped into a lobby with no time to change them, or whatever.

I just think it would be nice to have a few slots where you can set up your killstreaks and then choose from them when you choose your class when the game starts.
    In case I'm not making myself clear (which I hope that isn't the case), just like your 5 custom classes where you can define your primary/secondary weapons, equipment, perks, etc..

And then we can pick them when the round begins. That would just save time swapping them out all the time.

Thoughts?

I say no. Next thread please?
    Cable99
    I've been thinking this since about 5 minutes after MW2 came out.... 
    Pvt_Noclass
    Not a bad idea........
    wraithoverlord
    It would be nice. its a pain allways changing to meet the needs of a map. E.g some maps i could only string together 2 or 3 kills yet other maps i would rock at at get plenty strung together.
    capp00

Cable 99 wrote:

Same here
    Monkeyrage420
    That would be a good idea, or set kill streaks for every class you have maybe?
    capp00
    Yeah that would work too. Just something to allow us to quickly change before a match or heck even during a match.
    Mixedout01
    Good idea for this game, It would be a train wreck for MW2 though with OMA

Capp00 wrote:

Thoughts?

I agree with you
    bad idea if there is still something like one man army. and if there is nothing like one man army then its a great idea
    xQUICKZCOOPERx
    Listen!
    You came to my home,took out my brain and used some device that shows what i am thinking about and you sole my idea!  
    Cable99

xQUICKZCOOPERx wrote:

Listen!
    You came to my home, a cardboard boxtook out my brainusing tweezers and used some device that shows what i am thinking aboutSpeakand Spell and you sole my idea!found nothing  

This statement needed a few edits.... glad I could help. I left the misspell in, though. Guess I'm just lazy. 
    capp00

Cable 99 wrote:

xQUICKZCOOPERx wrote:

Listen!
    You came to my home, a cardboard boxtook out my brainusing tweezers and used some device that shows what i am thinking aboutSpeakand Spell and you sole my idea!found nothing  

This statement needed a few edits.... glad I could help. I left the misspell in, though. Guess I'm just lazy. 

Nicely done.

Question to those that posted about it, how would One Man Army affect Kill Streaks?
    Since Kill Streaks don't build on each other any more, changing mid-set wouldn't give you much of an advantage.

Or if people find a way around it (which you know they would), make it so you can only change them when you die.
    Great idea. It would be so helpful to just have an added slot for this in each custom class loadout.

capp00
    I think I'd personally rather just have the kill streak custom classes separate.
    If not then you'd still be stuck with a certain setup unless you wanted to change your entire class.

So, in this hypothetical situation, give us 2-3 custom killstreak classes and not pin them to regular custom classes.

Capp00 wrote:

Cable 99 wrote:

Same here

Me three.

Darkstar actually made a thread concerning this very thing a couple of months back.  Each Custom Class should be able to have it's own killstreak set-up.
    Cable99

Spesholl K wrote:

Capp00 wrote:

Cable 99 wrote:

Same here

Me three.

Darkstar actually made a thread concerning this very thing a couple of months back.  Each Custom Class should be able to have it's own killstreak set-up.

Darkstar is a smart cookie.
    thatanner
    No.
    capp00

Spesholl K wrote:

Capp00 wrote:

Cable 99 wrote:

Same here

Me three.

Too bad that didn't take it to heart back then, then.

I still think it should be a separate set of custom classes.
    What if you have your setup the way you want to play a specific way (sniping, running, etc..) and you stick a set list of killstreaks with that. But then you start playing it and realize those killstreaks aren't working. You'd be forced to completely change classes.

So, my opinion is, leave the default custom classes the way they have been and give us a few KillStreakClasses to customize.
    That way if we are in a game, we can say "oh crap, this stage is horrible for carepackage drops, but I want to keep my current class, I'll just switch to something with better air support"
    duke30

That seems like a good idea

iil4zyii

Well MW3 pretty much did this already by letting you customize your killstreaks for every class you make. I dont see a reason why it wouldnt be in BO2, espceially since they confirmed they were going to keep and adjust he pointstreak system MW3 had.