31 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2010 7:02 PM by ussdoomnoodle RSS

For those with Xbox 360 Slim...

Stormwavon
Hey whats up guys, I really have nothing else to talk about Black Ops, just waiting for the game to come out. So in the meantime, since I will be getting an 360 Slim, I am curious about how many of you guys have any problems with it. I would like to know how long you had your new 360 and if you experience anything out of the ordinary, including the red dot of death. I really want to get the slim but it would just ruin my day if I had something wrong the first day...plus I have never owned an xbox before and this will be my first. I am very weary about the problems. Don't get me wrong, but I absolutely love to play my buddies 360 back then. Now their all saying that they got the rrod...and had to send them for repairs. I will be getting the slim right when black ops come out and do you guys have and tips, places to buy, cheap warranties, to tell me about, and can you give me your input on how your Slim is doing( for those who got one)? Any answer would be fine, this is more like a survey for me, so i am hoping for answers that don't involve having just got the slim for a day or so. Thanks guys...Raise my Hopes
  • Re: For those with Xbox 360 Slim...
    MrMurderx1221
    Well....
    These are the BO forums....
    And you have nothing BO related to talk about...
    So I think i'm gonna report this and be on my way...

MrMurderx1221 wrote:

Well....

Wow seriously common guy at least its the xbox section of black ops.

you didnt even have to comment could of just left it.
    Johnophobia
    I sold my elite to my nephew, and bought the 300 dollar slim, the shiny one. After about 2 days is red dotted on me and I returned it for another. Same thing happened, so I just got store credit and did some research. I read a lot of crap about the disk drive failing in the shiny one, so I said screw it and bought the 200 dollar one and a 250 gig hd separately.

MrMurderx1221 wrote:

Well....

it doesn't work

MrMurderx1221 wrote:

Well....

man, cut him some slack? he's just asking a simple question. if he were to put this in the off-topic section, it'd get un noticed, and he'd never get an answer.

to the OP: i've had a slim for about a month now with no problems whatsoever. runs super quiet. it's much better than the old one.

it DOES get pretty hot if you leave it on for a while though. but there's a giant fan in it, also, so...
    ProJecT AmalgaM
    So far I have not had any problems with mine.  It is extremely quite and it looks just amazing with all my other black electronics.  I am however keeping my old 360 for a backup just in case something unfortunate happens.  I see that this will be your first 360 so of course you don't have that option.  If your looking to get a good deal then I would recommend checking www.slickdeals.net from time to time until you are absolutely ready.  I have seen extremely good deals on there lately.
    I got the slim very early in July. It's very cool. 250gb of space..Runs SILENTLY is your game is installed to your hard drive for the most part. mine has a problem. idk if my friend messed it up or w/e but mine sometimes exits me to the dashboard at a random time, the light on the xbox will be blinking as if i hit the eject button. This is what happens when you hav a very immature friend that gets so amused by hearing the noise when u turn it on and off and so he keeps pushing the button:) The console definitely has a sleek design but all of the hot air coming out of the system comes out on the cool looking vent on the right. i would leave my contoller there as i go afk and it would be very warm when i get it back <5 mins afterother than that this console has a feature that i never knew about:
    When your xbox overheats it displays the rrod, however the slim shows a warning msg and shuts down the xbox, preventing overheat/RROD
    I payed the extra 20 bucks at Walmart for the extended warranty.i advise you to do th same. DO NOT LOSE THE RECEIPT.
    Overall this console is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the old xboxes.

matty mc 14 wrote:

MrMurderx1221 wrote:

Well....

Wow seriously common guy at least its the xbox section of black ops.

you didnt even have to comment could of just left it.

plus its better than another quick scope crying thread

Ix D3aThWiisH Ix wrote:

Overall this console is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the old xboxes.

doesnt sound like it. my old xbox doesnt overheat or anything.
    MrMurderx1221
    Well.
    I guess i'm the a-hole here.

I apologize, I've overstayed my welcome in this thread.

*waves*
    Thank you for making this post i am also getting mine pretty soon Nov.1. And because of this post i have learn a nice bit of information about the slim i never heard about. Thanks and i hope your slim comes out in working 
    xxmrdarkpiexx
    Well with my normal xbox it has lived for 2 years before he died. I don't know the situation with the slim but it might be the same. Also a big plus of the slim is that it is really quiet. It has build-in wifi so you don't need to buy an overpriced adapter. It is a great console, and you won't regret buying one, I will assure you that 
    Stormwavon
    Thank You so much for the replies. I know this is off topic like MrM says but also like Dyno said, I would have never gotten any replies at all from the off topic or any other places( believe me I tried so many times for other things). So I thought I will be getting black ops along with a 360, and so I decided to ask here. I got nothing to say but thanks. I really appreciate all the help and info you guys gave me. Thanks for all the tips, info on the new 360, and the warranties. If you guys have any more, feel free to add, I will be reading this from time to time. Thanks agains!
    xxmrdarkpiexx

Stormwavon wrote:

Thank You so much for the replies. I know this is off topic like MrM says but also like Dyno said, I would have never gotten any replies at all from the off topic or any other places( believe me I tried so many times for other things). So I thought I will be getting black ops along with a 360, and so I decided to ask here. I got nothing to say but thanks. I really appreciate all the help and info you guys gave me. Thanks for all the tips, info on the new 360, and the warranties. If you guys have any more, feel free to add, I will be reading this from time to time. Thanks agains!

You're welcome. 
    IIxBlackenedxII
    I have to give my 2 cents on this one. I got a new slim the day it came out. No problems. But a month went by or so and it started freezing on me. At first once a day and then now its 2-3 times a day. Its keep standing up and has alot of room to breath. I found that its not the drive issue with the console but the hard drives. I removed my hard drive and used a pen drive and it played without freezing all day. I then replaced the hard drive and turned it on and within 30mins it froze. I am getting a replacement hard drive from microsoft soon I hope and feel that this should be shared with the community. Otherwise its a great running quite console and has a massive fan system. Its a little smaller than the old ones. I do miss the matte cover because the gloss just collects dust and lint. Over all even with these issues I am still happy with the console. I am sure you cant go wrong. Just remember to get that extended warranty from Microsoft for at least 3 years.
    My Halo 3 xbox is still going strong, and decided to get my wife the 4gb and bought the HD separately.  The only problem I've had is I can't get NAT type any better than moderate on wireless and seems to lag.  I've tried everything I can think of (ports of course, dns host, restarting router, resetting router, static IP, etc.)  The slim is only maybe 10 feet away from the router (don't want to hardwire it as there is a door in the way and cats that love cords), but when my old xbox was hooked up in the same place with the external wifi adapter I was able to get open NAT no problem with a great connection.  I've heard you can use the old external adapter on the slims as well for a little more range, but come on...10 feet???  I've looked this problem up and it seems I'm not the only one, however I have yet to find a fix.  Other than that, it's been great.

Anyone else have a problem with the wifi?
    guichard11
    I've had my slim for a while now and I havent had any problems

But I havent got it online yet
    killachop07

MrMurderx1221 wrote:

Well.
    I guess i'm the a-hole here.

I apologize, I've overstayed my welcome in this thread.

*waves*

Awwwww... don't go friend!
    these problems i see people are having with the slim is exactly why i wait many months after they release a new product to ever buy it
    luisxbeltran
    i have the Elite right now and dont have any problems with it but i would love to have the SLIM

My friends say its much quieter but i save my games in the HDD Since i have the 120GB just sitting there soo its pretty quiet

but i mean i want to Upgrade to SLIM version  
    GL
    z Hostile z
    Bought the Slim on Day one, to match with my 60gb PS3. The glossy finish on the new slim/old ps3 is awesome.

I have NOT had a single issue with mine yet! Also, the controller is straight black, unlike the elites controller which has the grey at the back of it.

On a side note, it only comes with standard definition cables, no more HDMI incl, and if you get the 4gb slim, it is NOT glossy black but a matte black. As well, the 4gb does NOT come with a headset believe it or not!

Overall, my 250gb slim = 10/10

Make sure you get a wireless 'N" router to run great wireless online (i've had NO lag) unless a crappy MW2 host.
    Plus, the new slim comes with the Kinect port built right in, as well as 3 USB ports, not 2 like the old 360's!
    Including the self shut down feature for RROD protection. It is a great machine!
    Touch sensitive buttons,I can keep going.......but I won't!
    i have recently bought the new xbox 360 slim and the store told me that micosoft do not give you cover for the RROD on the new xbox 360 they must be confident that you dont get RROD
    z Hostile z

turner96547 wrote:

i have recently bought the new xbox 360 slim and the store told me that micosoft do not give you cover for the RROD on the new xbox 360 they must be confident that you dont get RROD

You only get a 1year warranty now on corrupt machines, unlike the old 360's which were increased to 3 years due to the RRoD.
    They (MS) are very confident in their new consoles, and frankly, so am I!
    Blackwater1986
    i got the new Xbox its pretty damn good

i had recently upgraded my internet when i brought it and had some issues with internet connections turns out there is something wrong with my net connection but the console works fine i would recommend buying one
    solxpto
    I have change my pro for the slim and i can´t be more happy. the silence the design.. everything is beter.. and no problems found.
    tuscaniman
    I have had the new 360 slim since day one of its availability. It has been a perfect machine for me so far and I have put some hours on it with Halo:Reach and Battlefield:BC2. I install all of my games that I play and I urge you to do the same since it puts no strain on the DVD Drive. It runs silently. The funny thing is I also bought a PS3 160 gig slim the day that came out and it has frozen on me 3 times. The new 360 slim is the best console out there right now.
    Nedc71
    I have the slim since release and had nothing weird happen with it it works great!
    Had my 360 slim for about a month and a half and have no problems at all. knocks on wood
    EviL-EsKiMo
    red dot of death?

you talking about your girlfriend's period?  if you even have a girlfriend

that is a new one on us

we have never heard a monthly bodily function described that way

only it is not just a dot, it is a blot and then some
    Weird-Guy
    My friend has one and he hasn't had any problems with it yet.
    ussdoomnoodle
    I just got the halo slim and it makes me look sideways with discontent at my old xbox.... its so quite compared to its older sibling... and actually seems to run smoother on some games, it loaded saves on DR2 so much faster... it felt like my old xbox was shitting its pants on DR2 when i'd load.