1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 119 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2010 11:01 AM by hearttheformat Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Does Anybody Care About Their K/D Ratio?
    When I go to a job interview and the guy doing the interviewing asks me what my COD K/D is, then and only then will I be concerned about my K/D or any other of the COD stats.

What most people fail to take into account when they talk K/D ratio or W/L percentage is that those leaderboards are so incredibly skewed by players that dashboard when they are doing poorly, so what does it really matter?  Basically, most players that have those high K/D ratios are basing their numbers off of highlight reels rather than all games played (including those games where they got their butts handed to them).

Now, if the game took into account the number of kills and deaths each time someone dashboards I would be willing to bet that 90% of those with a K/D higher than 2.0 would instantly drop down to somewhere in the 1.25 to 1.50 range.

I've seen too many times people say that they aren't going to let a bad game screw up their stats - With this being said, then they are basing their stats on all the good games they've played rather than ALL games played (aka "HIGHLIGHT REELS").

I guess the bottom line of my ranting is that STATS WILL NEVER MEAN ANYTHING ABOUT A PLAYERS TALENT WHEN THEY HAVE THE ABILITY TO DASHBOARD WHEN THEY ARE NOT DOING WELL AND NOT HAVING THE BAD GAMES COUNT AGAINST THEM.
  • 31. Re: Does Anybody Care About Their K/D Ratio?
    ARandomGuy
    I'm an average of sumthin around 1.40, but thats gonna change in BOps, I think I'm going to try to keep it above the 2 mark 
  • 32. Re: Does Anybody Care About Their K/D Ratio?
    I care about it to a certain degree but mainly if it is over 1.30 I feel good 
  • 33. Re: Does Anybody Care About Their K/D Ratio?
    Fireman0025
    kinda. i like to play well and get it above 1, but im not gonna camp just so my stats look good
  • 34. Re: Does Anybody Care About Their K/D Ratio?
    wraithoverlord
    Not really I play because I enjoy playing. Yes i do play with the attitude of I want to win but if it means I die 10 time trying to reach a flag then its gotta be done! 
  • 35. Re: Does Anybody Care About Their K/D Ratio?
    combatvetizaf

vrider1350 wrote:

I've seen too many times people say that they aren't going to let a bad game screw up their stats - With this being said, then they are basing their stats on all the good games they've played rather than ALL games played (aka "HIGHLIGHT REELS").

I guess the bottom line of my ranting is that STATS WILL NEVER MEAN ANYTHING ABOUT A PLAYERS TALENT WHEN THEY HAVE THE ABILITY TO DASHBOARD WHEN THEY ARE NOT DOING WELL AND NOT HAVING THE BAD GAMES COUNT AGAINST THEM.

This is true to a point, but in MW2 if you rage quit then your kills and deaths in that game still count.  I was chatting with a guy who says he will shut off his XBox or unplug the connection to avoid having a bad game affect his K/D ratio.  Mine hovers around 1:14, and while not impressive, it's all mine legitimately.
  • 36. Re: Does Anybody Care About Their K/D Ratio?
    urza
    I don't care about overall K/D at all.
    But when I play to win, I obviously tend to. For that specific match.

The next match I will run around with a riot shield with Bling, Hardline, and sitrep. Without any killstreaks.

If someone is looking at his K/D all the time, it seems like they don't really play for fun. (imo)
  • 37. Re: Does Anybody Care About Their K/D Ratio?
    Im a tdm player my kdr is 2.45,my only problem is that I play with randoms and I get these teamates that can't even go positive a game,there are games that I will go 40-7 and we still lose,it really isn't fair happens all the time.My win loss is 1.45 it really sucks losing games like that
  • 38. Re: Does Anybody Care About Their K/D Ratio?
    dtuchpunk
    Play domination quite a lot and die to much trying to cap flags. So don't care to much. As long is around the 1
  • 39. Re: Does Anybody Care About Their K/D Ratio?
    Sabre1076

dW RazzleDazzle wrote:

Well ...?

Well, if there aren't any lobbies for hacks, then K/D ratios will actually mean something. As long as mine is greater than 1.20 I'm happy
1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next