45 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2010 7:44 PM by Mac2po RSS

TV SIZE

jimbob4life
What size TV do you preffer to play on?

Personally I prefer a 20 - 24 inch screen and sit about 2 foot away as i find it easier to focus and everything is in my tunnel vision sight meaning I dont have to catch anything in the corner of my eye. 
  • Re: TV SIZE
    mojocu
    Only played on a 47.  I have no problem with it.

Id like to hear from someone who has played on both a small and large tv to hear their preference.
    Loyal X Patriot
    I have a 65" HDTV in my "man cave" basement. Sometimes I think it is too big and I get killed by people down in the corner of my screen. 

I also have a 26" LCD TV that I use as my computer monitor. Before I had a laptop, I had my PVR running through my PC, so I doubled the screen as a monitor and a TV to play my Xbox on when I was recording. The smaller TV did seem to make it easier to see up close, but it made it harder to see snipers further away.

Probably something in the 30's and 40's is a good size for FPS gaming.
    Vyvian
    50" widescreen for the 360.
    46" widescreen for the PS2 & Xbox (original).
    35" regular, CRT type for the Wii.

I like the 50" because I can sit back comfortably on the couch and play.  It's also a nice size for when the husband and I play splitscreen.
    lloydsa
    it depends how far away from the screen you are i normally play on a 23 inch Samsung full hd screen and im sitting about 3 feet away.
    this gives me a clear view of everything.
    But ive also played on a projector sitting about 10 meters away and well was playing just as well without sound.
    so in my opinion its all about the quality of the screen and the distance your sitting from it.
    bigdukesix9

jimbob4life wrote:

What size TV do you preffer to play on?

Personally I prefer a 20 - 24 inch screen and sit about 2 foot away as i find it easier to focus and everything is in my tunnel vision sight meaning I dont have to catch anything in the corner of my eye. 

I have a 32" lcd that I play on and like it. My roommate has a 50" in the living and at times it seem to big he's looking at getting a 32"-37" to set up for gaming.
    I use my 32" lcd think it is just right
    My lad is on a 23" and he prefers his

I used to use my 100" self built projector but that was too big for FPS great for car games tho.
    Pro Hunterr
    i have a 36'' lcd full hd in my room thats enough for me. My room mate has a 52'' full hd tv. But for gaming we use the 36'' we both going to get black ops at midnight release sit together and play. Me on my room he on his own tv and the other 2 guys will be away and come home friday. We going to pick the games up for them for when they get back from holiday we all play together:d
    peepingtom
    I play on a 42" lcd it's better then the old 20" tube i was playin on when i first started fps.
    dW RazzleDazzle

MoJoCU wrote:

Id like to hear from someone who has played on both a small and large tv to hear their preference.

I play on a 51cm tv. I have used large plasma televisions too, & I have to say that smaller of the two is the better! You literally have to turn your head to look into every corner of the screen with large televisions.
    illegalfreq
    I have a 22" LG full hd and it's ok for my room. My sister has the same but she playin on PS3. We'll get the game for both platforms and play!! It will be fun, she's on PS, I'm on X360
    Leon Baker
    the beginning of this month i brought a 22" hd tv its perfect i love it

but listen to this. for about 4 years i had been playing on a 15" standard tv

i look at it now and think WTF
    LethalLethargy
    I have a 32', and it's great- like others have said, I have a full view and oftentimes I catch a movement at the edge of the screen that I amy miss with a bigger screen.  My friend plays on a 50', and I cannot get used to it-I think a lot of times it all depends on what you are used to though, I'm sure if I had the 50' and was using it all the time, I would adjust to it.
    Cibber
    I've currently got a 28" widescreen and it's ok but to sit on my couch everything is too small so I told the gf that it's either a bigger TV (36" I think would be great) or some sort of LA-Z-Boy gaming chair type thing...the TV is cheaper lol.
    se2raptor

Loyal X Patriot wrote:

I have a 65" HDTV in my "man cave" basement. Sometimes I think it is too big and I get killed by people down in the corner of my screen. 

got my 65" Mitsubishi
    I have a 40" LED TV and when I play xbox I sit less than 4 feet away from it.
    100"  Screen 1080P Mitsubishi Projector.
    Sitting 15 feet away.

Totally different perspective.  Feels like your in the game and your player turns faster because you are seeing so much more of the screen.
    I played WaW on a 20" tube TV. Right before Modern Warfare 2 came out I decided to buy a new TV and I ended up buying a 42" Samsung. Awesome TV and now when I look at my old TV I think how the hell did I play on this?
    bealsarMosJR
    I've played on a 22", 37", 42", and a 52". I'd prefer the 37" out of all of it. Why? Its more compressed in, and I see a lot more with the 37" then anything else. I can some guys head pop out of a corner that no one else in the room could see and get a perfect headshot, and they'd be like "How did you know he was there?!" 42" isn't that bad either, but I do better with the 37". 22" was just too small, but did okay, and 52"? Was too big.
    LiiGHt EM Up
    42'' Plasma HD TV.  Good size for split screen and you don't have to sit close to it.
    I will be playing Black-Ops on this bad boy.  
    http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb322/ReAp3rOfSoULS/TV.jpg

OhThreeMachOne
    I've been playing on a 32" Sony LCD forever. The speaker quality on it was awesome and I didn't have any problem with a smaller screen, as I like to sit close to the TV when I play anyway. Then I started playing on a 60" Samsung LCD with surround sound and I don't ever want to go back. I still sit close to the TV, but now everything is twice as big, and twice as loud. My vision is already bad enough that I have to wear contacts, and I'm probably destroying my eyes even more being so close. But its worth it.
    EGraham
    I play on a full HD sharp 40" Aquos.
    Kemuzi
    HD television 32*
    i think mine is a 32, but i noticed if i play on a Different TV size it ruins my game it is weird 0.-
    T-dubbyf4i
    I can't really say what's better. I've heard that smaller tvs are best. I've never owned anything less than 46". Now i have a 55" I don't seem to have any problems
    gorillahands4

MoJoCU wrote:

I've got a 46" LCD and a 23" HD CPU monitor.  I would suggest the monitor simply because you can see all things on the screen at one time.  Anything in the mid 20's to low 30's would be idle.
    I use a 40" 1080p Sony Bravia, and my eyeballs are around 10' - 11' from the screen.

Others swear that a smaller screen is better, my buddy who sits 4' away from a 12" screen always kicks my ass.
    C0d3_//4rr10r
    65 inch, I sit back about 10 feet on the couch, 7.1 surround and no problems.
    (Although if I sit around 6 feet away, I do start to get that feeling that I have to move my head to take in both side of the screen at the same time)
    Well I play on a 32" lcd, and sit about a meter away... I sometimes play on on the 52" downstairs, but I prefere the one in my room!!!!
    robdizzle3000
    52 inch Samsung. Size does matter.
    TEMPLER
    I play on a 50inch. I enjoy it more because it takes up my whole vision as if am there. I can always move further away if I feel I can't see everything going on the screen. With the 24inch I find it harder to see those people across the map, or down in alley. Since I can only get so close to the small tv, the big TV is my choice.
    Mercykiller77
    52 inch sony.
    Ronbotic
    I tried playing FPS's on my 42" TV but just couldn't do it, it made me terrible. My 28" is perfect for me when I'm sitting about 4-5 feet away from it.
    ghosthound
    42 inch Plasma.

jsjm0901
    I have a Series 5 Samsung, 32 inches and I sit maybe 3.5 - 5 feet away from it when I game. My friend has a 50 inch Series 3 I think, it's in his living room and I've played on that sitting about 15 feet away and I can't bear it, it's too far away to get immersed in and too big to sit close to because (obviously) you can't see the whole screen. Whereas another friend has a 26 inch Toshiba that I sit about 2 feet from that I'm 100% comfortable with. I really think it's the distance you sit from the screen that matters up until a certain point where I think it's just too big to do anything with (all just my opinion obviously).
    dtuchpunk
    From a 24" tube to a 37" hd lcd. I prefer de 37". See a lot more. But after some years gaming on the 24" had to adept to the 37"
    DanielWW2
    You are all dumb.
    I play on a 19" monitor with 1920x1080P reso while being 60cm away from my monitor.
    It is not about the size but it is about how far away you are from your screen that determents what size is best.  

ghosthound

DanielWW2 wrote:

You are all dumb.
    I play on a 19" monitor with 1920x1080P reso while being 60cm away from my monitor.
    It is not about the size but it is about how far away you are from your screen that determents what size is best.  

Now when the ladies tell you that the size of your screen doesn't matter..................they're lying. 
    DanielWW2

GhostHound wrote:

DanielWW2 wrote:

You are all dumb.

Now when the ladies tell you that the size of your screen doesn't matter..................they're lying. 

I also have a 32"screen. 
    Buying over 50" is called overcompensating.   

Byzantine Bomb
    I'd rather have a good game to play with a smaller TV than a bad game with a big TV.
    I play Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on my 23 inch Alienware Full HD 3D monitor.

Although I am thinking of buying a 50 inch 3D Samsung TV too.

Horrorman
    42" LCD HD TV and all looks great.
    Weird-Guy
    I prefer T.V.'s 32" and up.
    Mr Kalishkanov
    I couple years ago there was only one place to hook up internet, in my dinning room at my computer desk, so i moved my ps3 right next to it and played on a 13"? tv it worked ok but now i've moved and play on my widescreen 48" hi-def tv with an HDMI cable.  with the cable the quality is so much better, i can't stand playing any other way now.
    Mac2po
    I play on a 50 inch tv, but it isn't one of the new ones. My parents bought it in 2001 I think, and now we are planning on upgrading to an Plasma. It's a great TV, don't get me wrong except after a few years of nerf wars in the family rooms, cracks will "mysteriously" end up on the screen