40 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2012 12:07 AM by superblue11 RSS

Black Ops... I am Concerned about this...

wekiva
I have been hearing that the servers at on alraedy, and people who already own the game.. legitly or illigally are playing... And on the 9th i dont wanna join as a lvl 1 and play again lvl 30-50s.... that would be really gay.. i think that the servers shouldnt even be on, and if ppl are caught playin the game now, they should get banned!!!
  • Re: Black Ops... I am Concerned about this...

wekiva wrote:

I have been hearing that the servers at on alraedy, and people who already own the game.. legitly or illigally are playing... And on the 9th i dont wanna join as a lvl 1 and play again lvl 30-50s.... that would be really gay.. i think that the servers shouldnt even be on, and if ppl are caught playin the game now, they should get banned!!!

First of all, there is no reason to worry about this, seriously be rational. But anyways, vahn said on twitter that the servers would be reset on friday.
    IGC Stealthy
    agreed      that would be a heavy load of BS.

and i hope the servers are reset
    Here's how you kill a level 50 player when your only level 1:

1) Find player.

2) Aim gun.

3) Pull trigger.

4) Repeat as necessary.
    F*** da POLICE
    Why should they get banned? Its not there fault that it got shipped to them early or a gamestop emplyee gave it to them. If you gunna blame someone for having it early, blame Treyarch.
    wekiva

yates435 wrote:

1) Find player.

2) Aim gun.

3) Pull trigger.

4) Repeat as necessary.

Well its pretty hard to mow them down when they got all the best guns and perks and stuff...
    wekiva

blackopmamba wrote:

wekiva wrote:

First of all, there is no reason to worry about this, seriously be rational. But anyways, vahn said on twitter that the servers would be reset on friday.

how about saturday and sunday?? days where ppl dont work.... they can easily get to max level
    cooliee124

wekiva wrote:

blackopmamba wrote:

wekiva wrote:

how about saturday and sunday?? days where ppl dont work.... they can easily get to max level

Level doesnt matter in cod. Neither do guns. A skilled player can beat an unskilled player with any gun at any level

yates435 wrote:

1) Find player.

2) Aim gun.

3) Pull trigger.

4) Repeat as necessary.

^this is what I meant by be rational.

F*** da POLICE wrote:

Why should they get banned? Its not there fault that it got shipped to them early or a gamestop emplyee gave it to them. If you gunna blame someone for having it early, blame Treyarch.

and to this guy. Wow, I hate to say it but that statement was idiotic. If you got the game early and you were respectful, you wouldn't play it. Treyarch is not to blame for this, it's the stupid stores that sell the game early, and people that have the same childish mentality that you do.
    well weren't they re-set in MW2 as well??

wekiva wrote:

yates435 wrote:

1) Find player.

2) Aim gun.

3) Pull trigger.

4) Repeat as necessary.

Well its pretty hard to mow them down when they got all the best guns and perks and stuff...

Get out of here, troll.
    xPraetoriaNx
    I live in Eastern Europe, and the shops here sometimes get lazy (for example, one year ago, I was able to pick up my MW2 around 4PM, not when the store opened), so by the time I (and everyone in my country) will be able to go online, I'll have level 15-20-25 people against me.
    Should I Q_Q about "GIEF LATE AFTERNOON STATRESET!!!1111one" or something?

You can kill even with the basic guns in the game, just because someone has a fully customized <insert late-tier weapon name here> you're still able to kill him, stop the whinery, thx.
    REDDRAG0NUK
    Whats the big deal?

Do people complain when they prestige and other people have different weapons and perks because i sure as hell didnt.
    PigMazurka

wekiva wrote:

The only reason this bothers you is because you're a noob. That's like someone who buys the game a month in saying, "These people are better then me, put me on the same level."
    XNitrous84X
    If you're level 1 you would be matched up with people your level so it would be fair
    anoreo

blackopmamba wrote:

wekiva wrote:

Reset Friday? Why not Monday afternoon?

blackopmamba wrote:

and to this guy. Wow, I hate to say it but that statement was idiotic. If you got the game early and you were respectful, you wouldn't play it. Treyarch is not to blame for this, it's the stupid stores that sell the game early, and people that have the same childish mentality that you do.

Are you serious?  NOBODY and I mean NOBODY is going to sit in front of the TV all weekend saying "Gee golly, I wish it was Tuesday at midnight so I could take the plastic off Black Ops!"
    iidarkshadowoo
    The servers won't be reset because they're not even up yet. Rejoice.
    anoreo

HippieMagic wrote:

blackopmamba wrote:

Are you serious?  NOBODY and I mean NOBODY is going to sit in front of the TV all weekend saying "Gee golly, I wish it was Tuesday at midnight so I could take the plastic off Black Ops!"

True that man.
    AzN_MoNkeYY

wekiva wrote:

yates435 wrote:

1) Find player.

2) Aim gun.

3) Pull trigger.

4) Repeat as necessary.

Are you serious? Rank has very little to do wit skill, I had to create a new Account and start from scratch on MW2 and i still own those higher ranks. Get on my level kid.

cooliee124 wrote:

Level doesnt matter in cod. Neither do guns. A skilled player can beat an unskilled player with any gun at any level

This is so true, it seems like I get larger kill streaks when I have the most basic perks and guns, and as I make my own classes I seem to do worse and worse until I prestige, no idea why this happens.

wekiva wrote:

yates435 wrote:

1) Find player.

2) Aim gun.

3) Pull trigger.

4) Repeat as necessary.

No it's really not!
    Servers are probably going to be reset a day or so before release, so I wouldn't worry.
    iidarkshadowoo
    The servers won't be reset because they're not even up yet.
    kirby`
    Leaderboards and servers will be reset tomorrow. Goodbye to anything and everything they've worked for.
    gaming media companys like machinima, gamespot, ect. get early copies to play so they can have video and reviews ready on launch day. thats why the servers go up early. but vahn said they are reseting leaderboards so people who want those top spots will all have equal chances
    I will only say that the first few levels matter in most CoD games for me because for some reason I can't get a kill with the starter classes at ALL.  I always hate them with a passion because they are NEVER guns I use.  I am hoping BO is different.
    ChuckSniping

yates435 wrote:

Here's how you kill a level 50 player when your only level 1 and a noob:

1) Find player.

2) Aim gun.

3) Pull trigger.

4) Spray until reload.

5) Repeat as necessary.

Here's how you kill a level 50 player when your only level 1and a pro.

1) Find player.

2) Aim gun.

3) Pull trigger.

4)Go T-Bag for desired amount on time.

5) Repeat as necessary.

Fixed.
    The amount of time you'll be missing out it completely insignificant in relation to the amount of time you WILL BE PLAYING this game once you get it. Everyone sleeps, and most people do actually leave the house.
    I have no dilusions about where I can get on the Leaderboards once I get it, but I can tell you one thing, I'll have a good first week. I'm taking the whole week off of work.

Anyone who thinks that having everything unlocked gives you any great advantage, has not been playing enough Call of Duty.
    I've topped out on the last three CoDs and I will still throw on a Built-In class every now and then. It doesn't matter what I'm running with.
    I play according to my loadout and objective and as has been said, see target, aim, fire, repeat.

Everything else is just user preference. If you can't use any particular weapon, perhaps you should practice it until you can do work with any weapon in the game.
    okay I was looking for a thread to confirm the server reset.  and to the kids first post STFU, its fine that there playing because its Treyarch's team, Machinima players, and special privileged people (Mostly) that are playing right now.  And so what if they get it first, its just the luck of the draw who got a copy early who isn't apart of those privileged few.  And honestly and personally, i'm not worried about facing people who have had the game longer.  But again though I believe now that i know there reseting the servers there probably going to reset them every 3 hours again until the pacific coast gets there midnight release
    F*** da POLICE

blackopmamba wrote:

yates435 wrote:

1) Find player.

2) Aim gun.

3) Pull trigger.

4) Repeat as necessary.

^this is what I meant by be rational.

F*** da POLICE wrote:

Are you stupid? If Treyarch is going to allow a company to ship the game early, then why should they do business with that company? If Treyarch maybe had the game delivered the night of release, then maybe there wouldnt be that problem. And I SERIOUSLY DOUBT, that if you got black ops early you would be "respectful" and wait. BO ****
    SZimmy
    I'm nearly positive that the servers will be reset about Monday or something so nobody has an advantage
    A Shortbus Kid9
    I hope all of you guys realize that you buy guns and perks, so a level 50 will have bought what he wanted, and after 5 levels, you could probably buy a new gun or perk, 15 levels and you will have all you need.  So in all reality, 15 vs 50 is an even match
    Snarky_A
    There is going to be people that are ahead of you unless you are on the east coast. They get the game atleast an hour before anyone else, so regardless if they are way ahead of you or just barely, it is going to happen and you are just going to have to push forward and deal with it.
    nba23airjordan
    I can confirm that the servers are not up, repeat THE SERVERS ARE NOT UP.  Gamertag Captain Leisure, check my profile on XBLIVE.
    miclo09

cooliee124 wrote:

blackopmamba wrote:

wekiva wrote:

While this may be true you have to think about the players who are a) casual    b) first time CoD players

A good majority of players are considered casual and it would be unfair for these "unskilled" players.
    Saint123q

F*** da POLICE wrote:

Are you stupid? It the gamestop they gave it to them early when they know it's against the law to do so, dumb ass, gtfo.
    anoreo

Blackninja12 wrote:

well weren't they re-set in MW2 as well??

no
    the servers aren't even on. stop complaining. even if they were on there are only about 1000 people who have the game "maybe" and its not like you are going to be put into a game with those people. there has been over 1000000 pre orders so you have nothing to worry about!

i actually was level 40 something on black ops and when i got on it said my data was corrupted and i am now back to level one... it may not be a high level but i dont play the game much. but it makes me  angry because one day if im the highest level i dont wanna be sent right back down to one. (i play on pc which runs off steam)