8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2010 8:56 PM by greenkelp RSS

MP Servers are not up yet, much to my chagrin

nba23airjordan
You will all be happy to know that the MP servers are not up yet.  My retail store got the shipment in today, and I couldn't wait to crack it open.  The online MP servers are not online as of yet, so you don't have to worry about people getting ahead of you or leaderboard resetting.  I'm still hoping that they activate the servers before Monday at midnight, but until then I'll go through the campaign.  I did just play a little split screen Zombie action.  If you liked the previous Zombie maps, I'm sure you will like this one.

Also, I went throught the MP maps, visually they are unfortunately not as good as MW2.  They are still very W@W "cartoonish".  I really don't mind as the customization and extras make up for it.
  • Re: MP Servers are not up yet, much to my chagrin
    pekky_1

nba23airjordan wrote:

You will all be happy to know that the MP servers are not up yet.  My retail store got the shipment in today, and I couldn't wait to crack it open.  The online MP servers are not online as of yet, so you don't have to worry about people getting ahead of you or leaderboard resetting.  I'm still hoping that they activate the servers before Monday at midnight, but until then I'll go through the campaign.  I did just play a little split screen Zombie action.  If you liked the previous Zombie maps, I'm sure you will like this one.

Also, I went throught the MP maps, visually they are unfortunately not as good as MW2.  They are still very W@W "cartoonish".  I really don't mind as the customization and extras make up for it.

I think the maps are way better than Mw2's (Looks and design) and the only one that looks cartoonish is nuke town.
    nba23airjordan
    Villa is a little cartoonish also.  Don't get me wrong, some of them are visually stunning.  Just a personal preference.
    pekky_1

nba23airjordan wrote:

Villa is a little cartoonish also.  Don't get me wrong, some of them are visually stunning.  Just a personal preference.

Well at least they have better design (I only liked like 4 maps in MW2), WaW maps were amazing

pekky_1 wrote:

nba23airjordan wrote:

I think the maps are way better than Mw2's (Looks and design) and the only one that looks cartoonish is nuke town.

Really nuketown looked carrtoonish????? That's odd who would of thought a fake town built in the 1950-60's to get blown upby a nuke would look cartoonish ahhaha just giving you a hard time. I would of thought the samw thing until I heard the back story.

Can't wait to get my copy tomorrow hope the servers go up then.
    cblaze3

pekky_1 wrote:

nba23airjordan wrote:

Well at least they have better design (I only liked like 4 maps in MW2), WaW maps were amazing

I wasnt a big fan of W@W maps i only played in like three of them. I did like the MW2 maps alot though but I like the COD4 maps the best out of the three
    The_Waroed_1
    That is good to know. One of the many things Trey is doing correctly.

I wasn't too worried about it though. MW2 servers were up with people on them a week or more before release date last year, and yet when I got on midnight release here in the states and played for hours, then again during the day, I was very often the highest ranked player in the match.
    Black Ops looks very awesome.

But I understand why it seems cartoonish.
    hey me and all my friends got blackops early. all of the zombie maps are great. we really didn't get it early. but look how easy it is to say i got it. i guarentee you don't have it.