1 2 3 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2012 8:17 AM by deejaygamble RSS

* * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *

This is simply a petition to fix sniping. I agree with the fact that Sleight of Hand Pro does not apply to sniper rifles. I do not agree with the change to the scope in feature. Sniping is already the hardest skill to master in the CoD series and the change that was patched before release has severely gimped snipers. Please revert snipers to how they were in Call of Duty 4 and World at War. And if at all possible add a few more sniper classes to choose from! Maybe have Downloadable content that includes weapons along with the regular map pack. I realize that you would have to make this DL free because if it cost Microsoft Points then the players who purchase it will have an advantage in terms of larger gun choice. Otherwise I love the balance of guns in this game.

Please avoid ranting because we have all seen countless threads about this, but I have yet to see an actual petition! Hopefully this thread will gain a lot of positive feedback and maybe it will gain Treyarch's attention.

PLEASE type /SIGN if you agree to this!
  • 1. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *
    MtDewMan
    *takes petition and lights it on fire*

their goal was a realistic game as close as they can get it. So sniping is staying in back
  • 2. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *
    OR3GONIZ3D
    I think you just suck at sniping.
  • 3. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *
    cS x RaZoR

MtDewMan wrote:

their goal was a realistic game as close as they can get it. So sniping is staying in back

Oh really? Their goal was to make it as realistic of a game as they could??? LMFAO, this is probably one of the most hilarious things I've read on this forum, period. Sweet Jesus. Were you just born yesterday MtDew? If that was their goal, they missed the mark by about a light-year... Sh*t...

I returned this pile of dogshit excuse of a game already but...

/SIGN

Sorry MtDewMan, The "who thinks cS x RaZoR should just shut up" Thread was just posted soo... Your realism bs is no longer the most hilarious thing I've read on this forum.
  • 4. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *
    If they could just buff up the damage a bit, I'd probably go for sniping again, I feel like I get a lot of crotch shots and they don't result in OHK's I think.

Scope and steady time is fine, I just don't want to play SnD with anymore twelve years trying to do quickscopes and costing me the game.
  • 5. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *

MtDewMan wrote:

Realism is not the issue. If you scope in and your crosshairs sway around with no control from the user then how come this does not apply to assault rifles and SMGs. If your concern is realism then this change should have applied to all guns not just sniper rifles. The sniping was perfectly balanced in World at War. The only map I can see people sniping on with a lot of success in this game is Array.
  • 6. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *
    It is fixed. Tell me how it's broken?
  • 7. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *

aceplace04 wrote:

If they could just buff up the damage a bit, I'd probably go for sniping again, I feel like I get a lot of crotch shots and they don't result in OHK's I think.

Scope and steady time is fine, I just don't want to play SnD with anymore twelve years trying to do quickscopes and costing me the game.

If your concern is playing with noobs who try to 360 noscope/quickscope I suggest you send a friends request to people with your play-style and desire to win games. I always run SnD with 4+ people never any less because I hate playing with people who only care about cool killcams or their K/D and not planting the bomb.
  • 8. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *
    CarbonKILL

MtDewMan wrote:

REalism? really? it know takes many bullets to kill someone how is that real? also let people play how they want! A developer should not try and force a gamer to play a game there way by making it impossible to do something, can i snipe? yes am i mad at the patch? yes can i use other gun's? yes but when i get bored sniping keepes me entertained and know it's almost useless at the VERY least they need to buff up the damage I use the bolt action sniper and even with the patch i still can snipe but the hitmarkers are redicolus if your going to make them so bad you should just go ahead and remove them. I love this game it would be perfect if the patch was removed. Guess we'll wait for MW3
  • 9. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *
    DarthKross
    It seems the sniping community has no voice and falls on deaf ears.
1 2 3 Previous Next