1 2 3 4 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2012 8:17 AM by deejaygamble Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *
    THE DECEPTIC0NS
    I'd be making a petition if i needed the game to aim for me too.
  • 11. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *
    cS x RaZoR
    Uhh... All the sniping threads ******** about how sniping sucks says a lot. You're right about the deaf ears part though.
  • 12. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *
    Duwstai
    I agree with the original poster 100%, as does every fan of sniping in CoD games.

The only people that are in favor of this new zoom in sway feature are the ones that dont snipe.  They are just sick of little kids running around quickscoping, and I understand that.  But this ruins sniping as a whole, it makes them completely useless.  There were way way way less quickscopers in CoD4 and WaW.  That should tell you that taking out the SoH feature on snipers would be good enough.

In this game, once you see someone, you only have a split second to take them out, before they take you out.  By forcing the sniper to wait a second or two every time they zoom in for the sway to stop, they are making them useless.  By the time the sway is finished, the sniper is already dead from the enemy who can immediately zoom in accurately and kill them. 

Now, the only way to snipe is too hide in some perch and stay zoomed in, waiting for someone to run by.  That is boring, slow, and completely ineffective.   You cant join the fight, and you cant cover your team while they make pushes, and you cant even move from spot to spot. Sitting there zoomed in also creates tunnel vision, and forces the player to lose awareness of their surroundings, which any good player will tell you is a huge no-no.  Good snipers in CoD have always been the mobile ones, who were able to maneuver the map and cover their team, while being able to properly defend themselves.  The way good snipers snipe in video games is to scan the area, find a target, THEN zoom in and quickly take them out. It allows them  to stay mobile, keep aware of their surroungs, and its effective.. if and only if they are skilled enough to pull it off. To succeed they had to be lightning fast and deathly accurate.   Becoming great with the sniper took the most skill out of anything else in the series. Snipers were already at a disadvantage, why make them useless?

This has completely ruined the sniping.  And no, it doesnt just effect those stupid 360 quickscopers, it effects all players that want to use the sniper.  Once you see someone you only have that split second to zoom in and kill them... now, you might as well drop your controller and walk away the second you see someone pop around that corner.
  • 14. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *

Duwstai wrote:

I agree with the original poster 100%, as does every fan of sniping in CoD games.

The only people that are in favor of this new zoom in sway feature are the ones that dont snipe.  They are just sick of little kids running around quickscoping, and I understand that.  But this ruins sniping as a whole, it makes them completely useless.  There were way way way less quickscopers in CoD4 and WaW.  That should tell you that taking out the SoH feature on snipers would be good enough.

In this game, once you see someone, you only have a split second to take them out, before they take you out.  By forcing the sniper to wait a second or two every time they zoom in for the sway to stop, they are making them useless.  By the time the sway is finished, the sniper is already dead from the enemy who can immediately zoom in accurately and kill them. 

Now, the only way to snipe is too hide in some perch and stay zoomed in, waiting for someone to run by.  That is boring, slow, and completely ineffective.   You cant join the fight, and you cant cover your team while they make pushes, and you cant even move from spot to spot. Sitting there zoomed in also creates tunnel vision, and forces the player to lose awareness of their surroundings, which any good player will tell you is a huge no-no.  Good snipers in CoD have always been the mobile ones, who were able to maneuver the map and cover their team, while being able to properly defend themselves.  The way good snipers snipe in video games is to scan the area, find a target, THEN zoom in and quickly take them out. It allows them  to stay mobile, keep aware of their surroungs, and its effective.. if and only if they are skilled enough to pull it off. To succeed they had to be lightning fast and deathly accurate.   Becoming great with the sniper took the most skill out of anything else in the series. Snipers were already at a disadvantage, why make them useless?

This has completely ruined the sniping.  And no, it doesnt just effect those stupid 360 quickscopers, it effects all players that want to use the sniper.  Once you see someone you only have that split second to zoom in and kill them... now, you might as well drop your controller and walk away the second you see someone pop around that corner.

Couldn't have said it better myself. This right here summarizes everything we need to know about the current state of snipers.
  • 15. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *
    Dstrukd

DarthKross wrote:

It seems the sniping community has no voice and falls on deaf ears.

no, the sniping community is fine

it's the quickscoping community that is ******** like ******* 5 year olds,  quickscoping being fixed was the BEST patch to ever happen in cod history

no more bullshit golden gun james bond crap,    snipers have to snipe like snipers, and if they cant then they should use the secondary given to them
  • 16. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *
    tmarchand
    HA HA HA HA even the forums don't work right!!! I spent like 4 or 5 minutes writing a reply and when I hit submit it said I had to log in even though I was already logged in.  This site works about as well as the game.

The only way they are gonna be able to fix the sniping is if they decide to release a map pack that erases all of the current maps that are on the disc.  Every map on the game is a $h!t map.  I don't like any of them.  There are places to get up above your opponents in most maps... but you can't reach them.  You just have to look up and stare at a beautiful sniping position that you will never be able to reach.  I mean the other COD games had maps that, when I saw them before the game started, I would say 'oh man, not this map again'  but with this game it's like every friggin map!  I have about 15 hours of game time on this game and I have really tried to like it, but I simply can't.  Unless they do something drastic to the map design I will never like this game.  The maps are too small, and the ones that are big force you into close quarters combat.  The design is sloppy, and the thought that went into the creation is non existent.  I don't think the problem is the sniping as much as it is the poor design of the maps.
  • 18. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *
    thestroge
    /SIGN

The scope in business is complete trash. I used to love sniping. I dont quick scope unless im just caught off guard, kinda like a "clinch" situation, and thats just luck. This game seems to be all in favor of SMGs and assault rifles. It was supposed to be equal, but with sniper rifles you have to wait to take your shot, but with an SMG you dont even have to aim, sounds fair... I went back and played COD 4 a few weeks prior to BO because I enjoyed the sniping and its perfect on COD 4, and BO totally took a crap on it.
  • 19. Re: * * * * * PETITION: Fix Sniping * * * * *
    Fragbert
    *signs*

They triple nerfed snipers.
    1. Slower zoom
    2. Inaccurate when zooming
    3. one map that caters to snipers (Array)

Let me say that I can snipe pretty well in this already...I only play SnD and I can tell you that at first I was frustrated as hell since I only get one shot in SnD usually before I die...but then I got the variable scope and the L96. Now I just keep the variable scope on the lowest power and snipe. It takes very little time to steady when it's that low...however it doesn't zoom much.

Basically what Trey did in an effort to kill off quickscopers is ruin long range sniping too...I mean not ruin but make it not practical anymore. An AR user can usually out "snipe" you before you can zoom in now.
1 2 3 4 Previous Next