1 2 3 Previous Next 61 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2010 4:43 AM by alphatt RSS

Stop Defending Treyarch and Grow Some Balls.

DenJad
FACT: Black Ops is not fit for release in its current state.

FACT: There were no disclaimers or warnings in all the commercials/ads stating that the PC version is suffering from major technical issues rendering it near unplayable for many, many people.

FACT: I paid the same $60 for this game that console owners did and I received a far, far inferior product.

FACT: Treyarch/Activision as given very little encouragement to the community that these issues will be solved in a timely manner.

These points are not debatable. You do not have to share my opinions or views in order to accept these points. Would you pay full price for a Blu-Ray or DVD movie claiming it contained the finished film just to realize that half of the movie was missing and the company will send you the rest of the film in about a month? That is a rhetorical question, by the way.

With all this said, why do we have people in these forums defending and even applauding Treyarch/Activision for the "work" it has done so far to resolve these issues? Listen, I am not saying we should all mash the Caps-Lock key and type the most hateful, venomous posts possible but when you attack the customers that feel scammed and sympathize with the company doing the scamming, you only perpetuate this lack of business ethics. If you accept this treatment, you will continue to receive this treatment.

I have moved past the anger, frustration and regret stage when it comes to this game. I hoped for the best but honestly expected the worst. It is very simple: I will not be spending any more of my money on a Treyarch/Activision product. But for the sake of our dying PC gaming community, stop accosting the players who are upset with this treatment. Stop defending Treyarch/Activision. They are wrong and continue to be wrong.

p.s. If you really think Treyarch/Activision is dedicated to satisfying their customers and not their lust, just wait to see which comes first: A problem-free, smooth running version of this game or the first $15 map pack. (NOW INCLUDING ALL YOUR FAVORITE CLASSIC MAPS!)
  • 1. Re: Stop Defending Treyarch and Grow Some Balls.
    MrFusion
    I like this guy
  • 2. Re: Stop Defending Treyarch and Grow Some Balls.
    [R]aptor
    FACT: Complaining about things that everybody knows gets you nowhere.
  • 3. Re: Stop Defending Treyarch and Grow Some Balls.
    Plankt0n

DenJad wrote:

FACT: There were no disclaimers or warnings in all the commercials/ads stating that the PC version is suffering from major technical issues rendering it near unplayable for many, many people.

FACT: I paid the same $60 for this game that console owners did and I received a far, far inferior product.

FACT: Treyarch/Activision as given very little encouragement to the community that these issues will be solved in a timely manner.

These points are not debatable. You do not have to share my opinions or views in order to accept these points. Would you pay full price for a Blu-Ray or DVD movie claiming it contained the finished film just to realize that half of the movie was missing and the company will send you the rest of the film in about a month? That is a rhetorical question, by the way.

With all this said, why do we have people in these forums defending and even applauding Treyarch/Activision for the "work" it has done so far to resolve these issues? Listen, I am not saying we should all mash the Caps-Lock key and type the most hateful, venomous posts possible but when you attack the customers that feel scammed and sympathize with the company doing the scamming, you only perpetuate this lack of business ethics. If you accept this treatment, you will continue to receive this treatment.

I have moved past the anger, frustration and regret stage when it comes to this game. I hoped for the best but honestly expected the worst. It is very simple: I will not be spending any more of my money on a Treyarch/Activision product. But for the sake of our dying PC gaming community, stop accosting the players who are upset with this treatment. Stop defending Treyarch/Activision. They are wrong and continue to be wrong.

p.s. If you really think Treyarch/Activision is dedicated to satisfying their customers and not their lust, just wait to see which comes first: A problem-free, smooth running version of this game or the first $15 map pack. (NOW INCLUDING ALL YOUR FAVORITE CLASSIC MAPS!)

Couldn't agree more. I was lucky though and got the game for 35 quid, and no not via a website. A real retail copy grabbed from the store shelfs.
    I just saw a Video as well on youtube, a blackops one and it had all maxed out graphics (I'm running on the lowest lowest) And I saw something which really dissapointed me alot. It looks like a pure MW2 Copy, which I run on MAXED 1280x1024 LCD settings on without any kind of CPU/GPU lag. What the hell is going on? How can someone be so lazy that they don't even manage to PORT a game so it even "works".

Modern warfare 2 was one of the best games released that year, beg your pardon, COULD BE. All they'd have to do were to remove iwnet and use dedicated servers. And TA DA. That's all. Dedicated servers on mw2 would **** Blackops hardcore.

Don't get me wrong. I'm bloody gonna play blackops on full details if it so is going to cost me to upgrade my PC (that runs Crysis almost maxed) AGAIN. I will F'ing get this game to work even though I have to upgrade and bend over for the new era of PC port developers. Yes all you can do is bend over, PC gamers are not worth a dime anymore. Bend over and prey.
  • 6. Re: Stop Defending Treyarch and Grow Some Balls.
    SNIPERACTIV3
    I agree with you to some extent. There are problems in the game. However I am yet to come across one. So far I have enjoyed BO.
    However I doubt the game will live long seeing as Activision is only interested in their wallets and not the gaming community.
  • 7. Stop Defending Treyarch and Grow Some Balls.
    CushFiles
    You said it. 
  • 9. Re: Stop Defending Treyarch and Grow Some Balls.
    Kalasjnikov

Plankt0n wrote:

DenJad wrote:

Couldn't agree more. I was lucky though and got the game for 35 quid, and no not via a website. A real retail copy grabbed from the store shelfs.
    I just saw a Video as well on youtube, a blackops one and it had all maxed out graphics (I'm running on the lowest lowest) And I saw something which really dissapointed me alot. It looks like a pure MW2 Copy, which I run on MAXED 1280x1024 LCD settings on without any kind of CPU/GPU lag. What the hell is going on? How can someone be so lazy that they don't even manage to PORT a game so it even "works".

Modern warfare 2 was one of the best games released that year, beg your pardon, COULD BE. All they'd have to do were to remove iwnet and use dedicated servers. And TA DA. That's all. Dedicated servers on mw2 would **** Blackops hardcore.

Don't get me wrong. I'm bloody gonna play blackops on full details if it so is going to cost me to upgrade my PC (that runs Crysis almost maxed) AGAIN. I will F'ing get this game to work even though I have to upgrade and bend over for the new era of PC port developers. Yes all you can do is bend over, PC gamers are not worth a dime anymore. Bend over and prey.

Don't upgrade your pc, i got a 2.3 ghz quad core and a gtx480 video card (500 euro) that runs every game i got on max and i lagggg like hell with this damn low fps. Its not worth to upgrade your pc, the game needs to be upgraded
1 2 3 Previous Next