15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2010 4:58 PM by Guggi RSS

Yelling and Ghost

Epson942
Okay, lets face it, it's frustrating to give out your position just yelling "CLAYMORE!" in a SnD match.

So my proposal is why don't you add to Ghost Pro whispering/talking in the team radio so other players can't hear you except they are REAAAAALLLY close to you and hear you whisper.

That way Ghost will be more populary in SnD matches, because lets face it, who uses Ghost in a SnD match? It's not like its gonna get you advantage in such Match.
  • Re: Yelling and Ghost
    Epson942
    Shameless Bump
    is this a joke?
    If not, i don't think u know how things really work.

Yeah and i only use ghost in SnD matches
    Furious189
    Ninja pro!
    IrishK
    When you're trying to snipe from a hiding spot and a nearby team mate is killed and you yell "Needs an evac". The enemy knows where you are now.
    SkyShadow44
    You yell over mic when you see a claymore too?

Wow I thought I was the only one! xD
    The voices in S&D need to be taken out, period.  You didn't hear enemy players talk in CoD4, World at War, or MW2... why add this?

It makes no sense and it wrecks the game mode.  I hear enemy voices when they reload, when a teammate of theirs dies, when they see an enemy, enemy equipment, and more.  Tells me everything that I shouldn't know in the first place.
    Dstrukd
    NINJA... PRO

in a real life situation, a squad would call out when they frag, or set a claymore, or kill a target, or reload

this is why it's added,  ninja pro makes the enemy unable to hear your character in any way, he wont talk, he wont walk loud, he wont reload loud

use it
    ummm... that is the cost of using a gaymore bro. Deal with it.
    Chavis02
    What the hell is this? 
    tesla317
    does the enemy even hear you talk??? i've never head an enemy in MW2 say they were reloading or anything of the such, so why would they hear it now?  yea you hear it and your teamates hear it, but i seriously doubt the enemy does. so i wouldn't worry about it unless it just bothers you personally lol.

correct me if i'm wrong though..
    IrishK
    Yes, the enemy hears your character yelling. Here is just one example of when it got me killed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN2DAs6zNcY

I cannot see how this is good for gameplay when your character announces his presence to the enemy players. It removes the whole point of sneaking/flanking opponents when at any given moment your character could bellow and give away his position.

Worse, it happens at moments when you may not even be aware that a team mate was killed.
    homestyle
    Yeah, ninja pro should make all sounds silent.

even the gay "oooommph" sound that the character makes when they climb an obstacle should go away.
    adam_ky
    i think that only you should hear these call outs.. not the opponent.. i don't find it to suite the game all to well
    BLuuDFeeVA
    this is so funny. since footsteps are all but redundant, there have been so many times ive been ready for a guy coming through a door cos he shouted 'reloading!' its hilarious. soundwhoring aint dead baby
    Guggi
    Don't change it. You have to LEARN. In an SnD match in W@W I almost never reloaded, threw a grenade or a special grenade or put down a BB, the same in Black Ops because they yell in both of those. LEARN