21 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2010 5:57 PM by zoidberg1339 RSS

.:QuickScopingReconsideration:.

WhenDollsTakeOver
Dear JD_2020,

This letter is ment for JD_2020 and Treyarch. I am very Dissapointed in Sniping in this game. I know that you put a Patch on QuickScoping in an attempt to completely get rid of it. What I want to know is, Why? Its so much more than the QuickScoping. There is entire Communities strictly for Sniping and now you have Rendered us useless. I know that you are trying to make the game more realistic, But really? There is No Falling Damage and you can be shot in the Head multiple times and live. Thats Unrealistic yet it is kept in the Game. Its almost as it was just to target us for our Unique way of Sniping. I remember QuickScoping Pre-Patch and being filled with delight. I mean it was just Amazing, What happened!  I know that i am going to be attacked by Forum Users that are against QuickScoping. But just think about Who's side your on before you post. All and all, Im asking you to reconsider the Patch. I am not just asking JD_2020. I am asking all of the Community to Reconsider QuickScoping.

Sincerely,
Adam Jay (V_0_I_W)

.:WhenVoodooDollsTakeOverProductionsâ„¢:.
  • Re: .:QuickScopingReconsideration:.
    DeLiRiuMx
    Errrm no, just no, funny thing is your here ******** when today i came across a few quickscopers and they were amazing at it, felt like MW2 again, so basically, get used to it and adapt or gtfo.
    I considered it and came to the conclusion that I like things the way they are.
    Wiggy states that your request is respectfully denied.
    biscuithucker
    im glad they took out quickscoping but rly they ruined sniping instead of have a wobble in scoping in why not have it take a long time to just look through your scope ?
    Xplosive Mojo
    I agree. It isnt over powered. It is GOOD. It is another fun way to play the game.
    WhenDollsTakeOver

Xplosive Mojo wrote:

I agree. It isnt over powered. It is GOOD. It is another fun way to play the game.

There is no such thing as a OverPowered Sniper Rifle period. Snipers is about a one Shot Kill. You cant OverPower One Bullet. It just about what you want to do with that one bullet.
    NightFire187
    Fortunately the community against Quick Scoping makes up only about 1/10000 of the entire community...

Unfortunately 3arch listened to them.. I don't know why. I don't care.

But it seems to me that Game Companies like 3Arch are listening to the wrong group. The small portion that does nothing more then cry about anything they can't do,can't use, or can't learn.

I hope that one day soon they learn there horrid mistake and remove the patch and throw it away for good.
    Toukster
    hmmmm i guess i we should all give this due consideration as he asked so nicly.

but no, i like thing the way they are, quick scoping in MW2 was nothing more than using the auto aim feature, no skill required, thats not to say it had always been like that in other COD games but MW2 was just awful for it.

also sniping and quick scoping are not the same thing. Sniping is about placement, patience and skill. The other is not.

NightFire187 wrote:

Fortunately the community against Quick Scoping makes up only about 1/10000 of the entire community...

But it seems to me that Game Companies like 3Arch are listening to the wrong group. The small portion that does nothing more then cry about anything they can't do,can't use, or can't learn.

I hope that one day soon they learn there horrid mistake and remove the patch and throw it away for good.

I think you have your facts all mixed up, your assumption is wrong.
    Fataliteh
    You're an idiot if you think perfect quickscoping doesn't take skill.
    WhenDollsTakeOver

splittinwigs wrote:

NightFire187 wrote:

His Assupmtion Isnt wrong, its people like you that are trying to make it sound Wrong. Lets follow what we learned in KinderGarten 'If you dont have anything nice to say, Dont say it at all.' Please Leave..
    NightFire187

splittinwigs wrote:

NightFire187 wrote:

Not an assumption. A fact.

Unfortunately most of this community is like bratty little kids. If they don't get what they want they talk and those idiots talk and it continues to the point where a game can be ruined. Hence MW2. 3Arch saw it happen there and decided to listen to those that can cry and spam there inbox the hardest.

Unless these children are taught that simply because they can cry hard about something it doesn't mean they will get it.

NightFire187 wrote:

Unless these children are taught that simply because they can cry hard about something it doesn't mean they will get it.

Haha! Thank you

Wiggy couldn't have said it better himself...

Unfortunately, you meant it the opposite way, but for you, it works just fine in this context...

Take your own advice Sir...
    WhenDollsTakeOver

splittinwigs wrote:

NightFire187 wrote:

Haha! Thank you

Wiggy couldn't have said it better himself...

Unfortunately, you meant it the opposite way, but for you, it works just fine in this context...

Take your own advice Sir...

He was Referring to you Kitties that cried Over Quickscoping Pre-Patch, again i ask.

Get. Out.
    WhenDollsTakeOver
    Its about time you stopped flaming, flamer..
    iidarkshadowoo
    Here's what i wrote recently. By the context it came from, it may seem just a bit frank.

The fact of the matter is, all Treyarch did was address, redesign, and balance an exploit. All it did was affect people who quick scoped. Sniping is just fine and just as simple as it has always been. There is no defense for quick scoping, it ruined the online experience and people who think it's fun they way it was should stay in MW2. Let's be honest, most, if not all, people who quick scoped didn't play the objective, they just ran around trying to get fancy kills which just an annoyance to the team.

That plays in the argument against fun. You can have fun, but it's not fair when you're not helping your team. You're just making other players angry.

Now, the problem is simply this. The maps. There just aren't that many large maps for sniping. There are many flank routes and what not. Sniping is perfect, all you do is aim down and shoot like you always have and the chances of getting a kill are very high. It's the maps people; make a petition for something like Seelow from WaW or Wasteland/Derail from MW2. That is what is missing.

Here's something I read recently which I must digress upon that may be similar to your views. "It would not be wise for Treyarch to ignore such a large community." Where are your numbers? Large? I've seen nothing. I've been pretty active in these forums, and I feel I can make a pretty good assumption on the feeling from the community. You have no idea...you have no idea how many people complained, flamed, yelled, and cried about quick scoping since the past six months. They amount of posts and threads against it is NOTHING compared to the pleas from the people to have it returned. I'm just being frank here.

This game is for everyone. Everyone should have an opportunity at having "fun." When taking ideas, Treyarch attacks it from all angles, they take into consideration the millions of gamers that play the game but I do not necessarily believe we always do that. In all, people need to realize that every year it's a new game. You adapt, overcome, and enjoy. It's different every time in it's own way.

I enjoyed reading this thread recently, it have another insight that sniping is in fact fine if not better.

xaxy wrote:

In this post I’m going to try to explain why despite the relative power level of the sniper having gone way down, the skill cap of sniping in Black Ops is lower than it has ever been. Put more simply it's easier to be the "perfect" sniper in this game, regardless of how effective that "perfect" sniper is.

In previous CoD games, once you’d gained a sight picture, your sniper rifle would be accurate, as I’m sure we are all well aware by now, that is no longer the case, there is a ~2 second delay before your sniper rifle is accurate after scoping in.

Before if a player was able to get their crosshairs lined up on a target within 0.2 seconds of going into scope, they could reliably make that shot, and get credited a kill. Maybe someone who is a bit worse at sniping, their aim isn’t quite as precise, their reflexes aren’t as good, they can get their crosshairs on target 0.7 seconds after scope. In CoD4, WaW, and MW2, the first person gets rewarded for their increased accuracy with a faster kill, and that is going to transfer into a better score. It stands to reason.

In Black Ops, this isn’t the case. Once you’ve gained sight picture, you have 2 seconds to line up your target before you can take your shot, whether you need it or not. I’d say the majority of people can get a shot lined up within that period of time without any trouble at all.

Now how does that relate to the skill differential? Simply put, it lowers it. Whether you can reliably get a bead on a target in 0.1 seconds or 1.5, it doesn’t make the slightest difference. Both shots are going to go off at the exact same time. The success of the shot is determined by; do you have 2 seconds before you get hit by the first bullet? If yes, you score a kill, if not, you die. It’s that kind of binary outcome that kills the longevity and fun factor of games. It’s not a case of learning to play, refining your precision or your reflexes, you either have the time or you don’t.

Sniping needs to go back to how it was in CoD4 and WaW. It would both boost the power level of the snipers relative to the other guns in the game, and make skill play more of a roll in your success as a sniper.

Thanks for reading.

That's like the opposite to what some say but it has some real data. 
    MDREYES94
    I think you guys should listen to some of the points made in this video. I sure some of you have seen it but it makes some really good points about Black Ops sniping and sniping in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJG0hrut7Bo
    hobbsy776
    I agree the only reason I played mw2 as long as I did was because I could qs.  Quick-scoping actually hurts the person using it.  If I was to go around with the scar (overpowered gun) I would do a whole lot better (considering I am a good qs).  The point that Trearch is trying to make qs realistic is just an oxymoron.  Cod realistic hahahahah
    zoidberg1339

NightFire187 wrote:

One ten thousandth of the community does not like quickscoping? Where are you getting your statistics?

zoidberg1339 wrote:

One ten thousandth of the community does not like quickscoping? Where are you getting your statistics?

My point exactly, well said Zoid...
    zoidberg1339

splittinwigs wrote:

zoidberg1339 wrote:

My point exactly, well said Zoid...

Gracias senior.