20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2010 4:34 PM by Bat_tle_Axe RSS

Coloured clan tags (not hating) question

Mr-SniPEzZ-xX
how bad would the consiquences be if you got reported for having a coloured clan tag and treyarch found out?
  • Re: Coloured clan tags (not hating) question
    xxsmokedoutxx
    im a 50 lvl1 i dont do the whole start over thing,i will never play the game long enough to lvl all the way to 15 to get it.but my boy told me how 2 do it and i wanted one, so i did it, it  is not hard at all i dont think it is a hack its is just s dumb glitch in the game.i been called a cheater a few times but i say it dont make me play better or gain any kind of a advantage in the game,it is a dumb coloured tag who cares...but has far as your ? goes i dont think they will do much they will patch it and i wont have it any more big deal
    flyingsaucers
    your clan tag will eventually get reset back to it's original color, the glitch will be fixed, and that'll probably be the extent of your punishment.

but seriously, if it's not a big deal, why do it? no, it's not a "cheat" technically, but it is taking advantage of a leveling reward that you didn't earn, and therefor is just as cheesy as prestige glitching.
    TootCake

Mr-SniPEzZ-xX wrote:

how bad would the consiquences be if you got reported for having a coloured clan tag and treyarch found out?

Its a direct violation of the User Agreement, they are giving out 1 week bans.Why would you wanna join the "LOOK WHAT I CAN DO" crowd anyway? People who glitch and cheat on video games are lonely friendless souls.
    wtaylor1975
    i think the same why cheat if people want sum thing work for it we al have to so why cheat banneds should be longer than a week n sort the age bit out i been playin tonite in uk had two kids with coloured clan tags nbk in blue n red in lobby sticks out so much to all the rest u have to be prestige 13 for colours one was prestige one or only two n the other was lvl 1 with coloured tag numbers why ban them for good
    madlaw139
    Let Treyarch sort out all of the boosters & so on before they even consider doing anything to people who have found a glitch which changes a clan tag. I reported a few people after watching their recent games through seeing their position on the leaderboards, 12 days and still nothing has been done, if Treyarch cant take the time to look at these boosters and take action against them, then why not have a coloured clan tag which does nothing to you in terms of skill etc. It would be so typical of them to take action against people that have exploited something they didnt make right in the first place, all that needs to be done is a patch and that will sort everything out.
    Giannetti_
    Yea, It's most likely something that'll be patched. I find it takes too long too unlock though... I'm surely not going to level that much.
    RaVeRBaBy666
    no offense to the earlier poster but i personally report any1 i see with coloured clan tags without the right level. how would you feel if you got that level and gained the right to have one and then there's prestige1's with it ? It takes the reward away from people who play the game properly.
    madlaw139

RaVeRBaBy666 wrote:

no offense to the earlier poster but i personally report any1 i see with coloured clan tags without the right level. how would you feel if you got that level and gained the right to have one and then there's prestige1's with it ? It takes the reward away from people who play the game properly.

Fair enough, i understand, but still there is much more important things out there that Treyarch should be looking at.

I'm currently 3rd prestige and im still not sure about going all the way to 13th nevermind 15th, but i wouldn't think for a second that people would simply go all the way to 13th prestige or whatever it is to get the coloured clan tags. I personally feel its not a big deal and it surely must be the lowest important thing that needs to be addressed by Treyarch
    wekieboom
    who cares?
    Jarhead71
    Well i got a coloured clan tag and the only reason i have it is because i think it looks sexier than a plane one. I'm no prestige hacker or challenge lobby hacker or anything like that. If Treyarch decide that they should patch it so be it. But i'll be using my sexy Cyan coloured clan tag until then.
    RaVeRBaBy666
    this is what this forum should be like a conversation about opinions not a constant argument. i understand where you are coming from but there are other people who do see the point in getting the prestige for the coloured clan tags and for them its ruined by people who use a bug to get them. all though we are talking about this now i know treyarch will put a stop to it so its just a matter of time
    Bandit439
    I report this whenever I see it just like I reported all the modded gamertags I saw when playing Modern Warfare 2.  You can argue that it's just a colored clan tag, but in my experience, if a person is willing to exploit something like that, they are more than willing to exploit other things that do affect the outcome of the game.
    Bat_tle_Axe

RaVeRBaBy666 wrote:

That is soo stupid. Fix the game. Big deal a color.  Its not a badge... U  Prestige police or something. They messed it up. End of story
    Bat_tle_Axe

Bandit439 wrote:

I report this whenever I see it just like I reported all the modded gamertags I saw when playing Modern Warfare 2.  You can argue that it's just a colored clan tag, but in my experience, if a person is willing to exploit something like that, they are more than willing to exploit other things that do affect the outcome of the game.[/quote

Oh brother.. u guys are crazy.

Its a COLOR...... Meanwhile I have to play with prestige hackers all the time. Dude.... "willing to exploit" ? are you for real ?!
    I earned my badge / and prestige when it comes.....ITS A COLOR. Should have been an option from the start... Like the face paint.

cant find anymore faces to make.

Bat_tle_Axe
    No offense
    wtaylor1975
    any one who cheats in any form should be banned or have there psn block for time they ruin the game for people who spend time playin to get there  .... in any form from coloured clan tags to speed hacks to super jump to unlimited care packages etc u f**k it up for of us true gamers go to the xbox n cheat on there jus dont on ps3 we have better console in more ways than one time they stop hackin for sure       
    Bat_tle_Axe
    Stop...stop...you sound silly. cheating cmon
    s1mug
    so if they can glitch the clan tags wopuld they not think twice an[bout glitching prestige icons, credits etc.
    traxxas58

TootCake wrote:

Mr-SniPEzZ-xX wrote:

Its a direct violation of the User Agreement, they are giving out 1 week bans.Why would you wanna join the "LOOK WHAT I CAN DO" crowd anyway? People who glitch and cheat on video games are lonely friendless souls.

you are sad. how have you figured out that glitchers and cheats are lonely friendless souls? yes maybe cheaters are sad, but doing aglitch that simply changed the colour of the clan tag is not sad, it takes 5 seconds to do and doesnt give yoiu anything extra, its just a simple colour change
    Bat_tle_Axe
    EXACTLY. So following your "i'm a soulless cheater" theory... I would steal from a store too ?  I'd like to hear treyarcs ideas about this. They built it into the game. Take it out. If I get a week ban thats insane. I got a color tag, no $$$, no badge, no prestige. Someone used THEIR system and now your calling for bans. Whatever.

U are stupid.